Favorite Modern Day Preacher

Okay, guys. I am sorry that I posted Joel's name. Maybe I shouldn't have. I'm not wrong for listening to him. He IS helping me through life. And he's helped millions too. Again, end of Joel talk. I mean it this time.

Okay, guys. I am sorry that I posted Joel's name. Maybe I shouldn't have. I'm not wrong for listening to him. He IS helping me through life. And he's helped millions too. Again, end of Joel talk. I mean it this time.

I like Joel, don't bother me if religious and judgmental people cry and whine like kids. Two Words...... Grow up :)

I also Love Brother Copeland and My Pastor is very good friends with him.

There are lots of folks I won't listen to because I believe in my understanding they are way off. I believe and hope the best for them because I don't know everything. I understand I don't know everything, and myself do not have everything 100% correct. Therefore I don't judge and want the same mercy back to me to get corrected and on track.

Blessings.

Okay, okay. I will stop whining about it. I just feel upset for bringing his name up. And I don't think I was telling you to do anything.

Okay, okay. I will stop whining about it. I just feel upset for bringing his name up. And I don't think I was telling you to do anything.

I was talking about the ones that put down people, not you. It don't matter to me or bother me bringing up good Brothers and Sisters in the Lord. I am not ashamed of those God has put in my path.

We won't all agree on this forum. Some here are non-denominational, some are Catholic, some are Calvisinist. While dosagreements are bound to happen, we all have one thing in common--we are all madly in love with The Lord.
No...some are in love with a god they have formed in their own mind...and when scripture contradicts the 'god' they envision, they reject the council of God in favor of the teachings of men. When a preacher refuses to reprove the world of sin, it is because the Spirit of God is not in him. The Holy Spirit is manifested for that very purpose... Anyone who says different is a liar.

Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

I struggled for a long time trying to figure out how the 'foolish' virgins could show up later and be told that He does not know them though they claim to. I know why now...and it breaks my heart to see the spiritual holocaust that is taking place today because people have become so proud...Woe unto you who call good evil and evil good...

TC

I struggled for a long time trying to figure out how the 'foolish' virgins could show up later and be told that He does not know them though they claim to. I know why now...and it breaks my heart to see the spiritual holocaust that is taking place today because people have become so proud...Woe unto you who call good evil and evil good...

TC

What spiritual holocaust would you be referring to?

Jesus said in the last days the love of many will grow cold, and Paul said in the last days there shall be perilous times.

Your heart is broken because Scripture is right? I don't get it. It's suppose to get worse, and God said it, nothing changes it. We reach who we can and rejoice over the 1 that made it, not mourn the 99 that did not.

Blessings.

No...some are in love with a god they have formed in their own mind...and when scripture contradicts the 'god' they envision, they reject the council of God in favor of the teachings of men. When a preacher refuses to reprove the world of sin, it is because the Spirit of God is not in him. The Holy Spirit is manifested for that very purpose... Anyone who says different is a liar.

Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

TC

TC, many of us here are Christians. Most of us in fact. Though we hold doctrinal differences and consider certain Biblical translations differently, we believe in the love and mercy of God, the divine Trinity, and salvation through the gift of grace through Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.

LysanderShapier is correct. I posted the video and gave you an example of how to get people to listen to you. What you did was make accusations against Dana about True Salvation because of someone they listen to and like. There is no logic in that.

I watched the video, I like a lot of his statements. "You can't make people better by changing their environment." was one statement that is so true and wrong with the World. People believe that we need to solve global Warming or fix that when the only fix is living for God.

I am not sure how you "HEAR" things but this guy had good humor was uplifting and knew his stuff.
Why you want to be depressed after hearing a message is beyond my ability to understand.

I also like what he said... "you can't love a bible, love a thing, but only a person"

My Pastor teaches that, we are not to use the Word love a thing, or to love things. I was pleased to hear that in there.

anyway........... Thank you for sharing the video.

You know what i 'hear' that depresses me...When the word of God is butchered and the power of the gospel is replaced by a sensual feeling that does nothing but give a person a false sense of security. Yes there is a such thing. It is when a person 'thinks' they are secure and are not(just like the foolish who 'think they know Jesus).

I get a great joy in listening to Gods word being preached correctly (even if it cuts my own heart) at least then I know the Lord is still working on me and that I am indeed one of His. When you only cannot handle the preaching of the gospel, something is wrong...The word of God is the most beautiful thing there is this side of Heaven (again even the MOST cutting parts)

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Those who reject the whole council of God are going regret it...

TC

Last edited:
What spiritual holocaust would you be referring to?

Jesus said in the last days the love of many will grow cold, and Paul said in the last days there shall be perilous times.

Your heart is broken because Scripture is right? I don't get it. It's suppose to get worse, and God said it, nothing changes it. We reach who we can and rejoice over the 1 that made it, not mourn the 99 that did not.

Blessings.
Maybe you should read what Jesus did when he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey... He knew they were going to perish. He cried for His people because He loved them(even those who were going to kill Him)

people just refuse to hear the truth and instead are taking the wide road to destruction. That does indeed break my heart. Why do you think Jesus is going to wipe all the tears away for those who are allowed in on that day? Are you going to rejoice when your best friend is taken by angels and destroyed right before your eyes(provided you don't go right along with him)...Does it comfort you to know that over a 100 million people in the United States claim to know Christ 'because they go to church' and yet have not the first clue who He is because they have rejected His grace for 'unmerited favor'?

What does comfort me is to know that all the false teachers and 'preachers' of unrighteousness are going to get their due punishment.

If you loved people, you would indeed reprove them and correct them...You would drive them away from the wolves but you flee because you are a hireling and do not care for the sheep. Jesus said if you love me feed my sheep. Are you or are you poisoning them with false comfort...

TC

If you loved people, you would indeed reprove them and correct them...You would drive them away from the wolves but you flee because you are a hireling and do not care for the sheep. Jesus said if you love me feed my sheep. Are you or are you poisoning them with false comfort...

TC

I don't like false teachers, don't like people being misled. I have learned though that things can get to you in a big way to the point you start being Lord. All we can do is reach people with the power and provision given us.

My son who had terminal Cancer was healed. Sickness don't belong to us, but a man that came in prayed with me for my son had stage 5 brain cancer. I loved this guy but he was under false doubt and belief doctrine. (We suffer fer Jesus... oh my)

I was going to correct his pastor for being stupid and teaching bad things, but the Lord stopped me. I was bitter for awhile when the man passed away.

Same with a little boy and his mom. I got mom to Jesus, Mom got better, mom got kids back and the Lord blessed her with a House and stuff and it was awesome to see this women know Jesus and see how good God is.

She got in sin, got with the wrong guy, would not listen to warnings. Soon her boy got sick and instead of faith, she told anyone that would listen that her son may die. She turned from God, got in trouble with the law.

All my work and effort.............. I watched, end in disaster.

The Lord told me that Her boy was coming back to him. Nothing I could do and the Lord sent me over a few times to ask her to repent and get right with God.

the boy died, and I ended up with the boys dog.

I can't carry that burden, I look back and think of 20 different things I could have done better. If I had more faith, if I prayed more. I can't be Jesus, I just give the message and not get attached.

blessings.

Hey a little off topic but how do you single out one sentence to quoto like that? I would really like to be able to do that! :) can you give me the instructions?

Sure -- you can remove any text you want from the field you're typing in, including whatever text is within the quote brackets. I hope this helps. :)

Sure -- you can remove any text you want from the field you're typing in, including whatever text is within the quote brackets. I hope this helps. :)
Ha ha that is too simple for me- could you explain in in a little more technical terms...lol I was thinking that you were somehow isolating just the one sentence and then creating a new thread. Guess I was WAY overthinking it! Thanks for the instructions

TC

Ha ha that is too simple for me- could you explain in in a little more technical terms...lol I was thinking that you were somehow isolating just the one sentence and then creating a new thread. Guess I was WAY overthinking it! Thanks for the instructions

TC

I'll do my best ;)

Click 'backspace' on whatever text you want to remove from whatever is within the QUOTE brackets. Or highlight whatever text you want to remove and click 'delete.'

I hope this helps.

Back