Favorite Psalms?

Psalm 2 is another great one, linking in with Acts 13 and Hebrews 1. 'Thou are my Son; this day have I begotten Thee' (in reference to the Resurrection).

The Psalm ends gloriously: 'Blessed are they that put their trust in Him'.

Here is another one I wrote, inspired by Psalm 121 and with a lot of help from the good Lord.

f607b62af712cf85651492eb93d094b5_zps4044f937.jpg

I don't remember if I've mentioned this one but Psalm 110, where David says, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand', is a great Messianic Psalm.

David there is calling 'Lord' the One Whom God would honor at His right hand.

I loooooove the psalms! My very very favorite is Psalm 139!! I think I have more favorite verses from the Psalms than actual full psalms lol. I'm currently re-reading that book now ^_^

I totally understand, Sura! Psalm 139 is such a beautiful expression of faith in God's love and surrender to His will.

And Sparrow, what a special gift you must have to be able to set the psalms to music!

One of my personal favorites probably gets overlooked a lot. It's the very first one. It so plainly tells us how to be blessed in life and how to prosper, and it plainly states what will happen to those who don't choose that way. I like the blessing way, myself! :)

I totally understand, Sura! Psalm 139 is such a beautiful expression of faith in God's love and surrender to His will.

And Sparrow, what a special gift you must have to be able to set the psalms to music!

One of my personal favorites probably gets overlooked a lot. It's the very first one. It so plainly tells us how to be blessed in life and how to prosper, and it plainly states what will happen to those who don't choose that way. I like the blessing way, myself! :)

Hi Hope: Thanks for your comment: I once heard good preaching on Psalm 1 on the theme of 'the blessed man'. The Psalms are rightly thought of as kind of hymnal for Godward ascriptions of praise, but also they are a comprehensive and wonderful catalogue of the scheme of blessing that God is able to give.

Blessings.

PS: Thinking now, in some ways Psalm 1 seems to link in with the Beatitudes in Matthew's Gospel, in the Sermon on the Mount. For some reason, dispensationalists sometimes shy away from the Beatitudes, because the context isn't ostensibly the church, (I would regard myself as a strong dispensationalist also) but there is so much truth that is profitable from the theme of blessedness, as from Psalm 1, the Sermon on the Mount and elsewhere.

Blessings.

Okay so favorite Psalms?

I think most believers would include Psalm 23; and it's good to link it with the Good Shepherd of John chapter 10.

So where else have folk been blessed in the Psalms?
Yes, Psalm 23 is a great psalm. :) I'm reading a book right now called, "Traveling Light" by Max Lucado and it's about Psalm 23. Very good so far. (y)

Of course I also like Psalm 139 as you already know. :D David was so real and sincere...it's inspiring. :)

Yes, Psalm 23 is a great psalm. :) I'm reading a book right now called, "Traveling Light" by Max Lucado and it's about Psalm 23. Very good so far. (y)

Of course I also like Psalm 139 as you already know. :D David was so real and sincere...it's inspiring. :)

Hopeful1: Yes, there is something very special about Psalm 23. Maybe it's the vulnerability of us humans, and the tenderness of the Lord as shepherd which makes it speak very directly, when the human condition is recognized honestly.

Blessings.

Psalm 90
Teach us to number our days so that we can apply our hearts to living skillfully to The Lord.
70 years = 25000 days
48 years = 17520 days lived
22 years = 8030 days left
:)

I've done a duet once in Church, but this was before I began writing songs. I have sung my own songs at an Assisted Living facility, however. I've never written anything but Christian songs. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

love that one too,makes my day always!!!

It'd be rather difficult for me to pick out just ONE Psalm as THE most significant one for me because the Psalms run the whole gamut of human experiences and their interaction with the Divine.

RIGHT NOW, I'm studying the NT book of Hebrews & especially the character of OT Melchizedek that Hebrews 7 focuses on---the basic concept of which is first introduced in Hebrews 5:1-10. In this particular case, Psalm 110:4 appears on the psalmic radar screen adding a unique perspective to the incident first mentioned in Genesis 14:17-20

The speaker this evening talked about Psalm 63; David seeking the Lord 'in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is'.

Blessings.

It'd be rather difficult for me to pick out just ONE Psalm as THE most significant one for me because the Psalms run the whole gamut of human experiences and their interaction with the Divine.

RIGHT NOW, I'm studying the NT book of Hebrews & especially the character of OT Melchizedek that Hebrews 7 focuses on---the basic concept of which is first introduced in Hebrews 5:1-10. In this particular case, Psalm 110:4 appears on the psalmic radar screen adding a unique perspective to the incident first mentioned in Genesis 14:17-20

Well, exactly; there is such a range of experience and expression in the Psalms: the highs, the lows, the glory and the crucible of suffering. All have their place.

Blessings.

Back