Food For Thought

Rusty,
I'm sorry for falling behind but I had my last tooth with hooked roots extracted and, just like the other three, the broke my skull where the tooth attaches and I've been in to much pain to care. Now, with the excuses in file thirteen, you told Major, that something was not God's plan a and I must take issue with just that idea.

From a thorough read of the scriptures we learn that God knows us before we are born and I must, being a Baptist, agree with Baptist doctrine where God knew the beginning and the end of all things before the Earth ever was. Now, from New Testament study we know the Perfect Will o9f God is that none should perish but that all should repent and be saved. So, we know that God keeps track of us, right down to the number of the hairs on our heads.

From the Old Testament study of David we know that God has a plan because He reveals part of it to David and in Genesis we see God reveal part of it to Satan, Adam and Eve when He speaks of the Savior bruising the head of Satan. So we can see, with prayerful yielding of our spirits to the Holy Spirit as we read that the Unchanging God (Mal. 3:6) can not, nor does He, have a plan b. This Biblical fact is where the Five Point Hyper Calvinists come up with the errant understanding of Predestination. I do not intend to run down another Rabbit Trail on that subject but only to use it as an example.

God only has one plan and He never changes any of it. It's important to remember, when we read the record of God's dealings with man, that, in the eyes of God, we are like sheep. When a man works sheep he learns to use one word for the action he desires because sheep are simple minded and in the same respect, when we see things like God relented, we must remember God is making the thing easy for the Simple Minded Humans to get a grasp but the truth is that He never intended to take any other action but, rather, He was also teaching Moses, you, Major or me a lesson and we just needs to get our picks and shovels working to mine it out.

God bless.

I just feel that God gave us tools with which to protect ourselves with. No, he didnt "create the gun" but he did give man a brain smart enough to develop such tools, and know how to use them responsibly.
AMEN!! The only reason we are seeing this mess, today, is the lack of parenting. We set our offspring in front of a 53 inch HD TV with the latest kill and slaughter video games and take them to or rent the latest War or Gangster movie where they see the dead actors the next week in another Disaster movie and then we wonder where they get these ideas from.

AMEN!! The only reason we are seeing this mess, today, is the lack of parenting. We set our offspring in front of a 53 inch HD TV with the latest kill and slaughter video games and take them to or rent the latest War or Gangster movie where they see the dead actors the next week in another Disaster movie and then we wonder where they get these ideas from.

Back to your original post: I believe we are about to reap what we've sown. The population in general has abandoned our HOLY GOD and gone after mammon whether it be the 'education' cult as I call, work to be rich, or just try to get every handout you possibly can--the USA is in deep doo-doo.

Christians are not standing up-while the 3% of the population that claims to be homosexual have cornered the market on our media outlets and 'marriage' law debate. So without deviating too far off topic-I believe the overwhelming agenda at play in the US politics and economics is that of the devil.

And then we have the 'don't judge others' mentality so "compromise and tolerance" abound. We need soul winners, we need to remember the cause. Dads need to be dads, moms need to be moms. We are becoming slaves to the lender.

We will be judged...

Back to your original post: I believe we are about to reap what we've sown. The population in general has abandoned our HOLY GOD and gone after mammon whether it be the 'education' cult as I call, work to be rich, or just try to get every handout you possibly can--the USA is in deep doo-doo.

Christians are not standing up-while the 3% of the population that claims to be homosexual have cornered the market on our media outlets and 'marriage' law debate. So without deviating too far off topic-I believe the overwhelming agenda at play in the US politics and economics is that of the devil.

And then we have the 'don't judge others' mentality so "compromise and tolerance" abound. We need soul winners, we need to remember the cause. Dads need to be dads, moms need to be moms. We are becoming slaves to the lender.

We will be judged...
I so agree with you. My class this morning was on the First Kings passage on Mount Carmel and since these New Covenant and New Testament so despise the Bible Jesus taught from, I doubt they will ever get the lessons for good parenting.

Back