For the sexually abused (Why didn't God protect me)

the question is why Can't God always help?
No, that is not the question. "can't" has nothing to do with the issue.

It's not that simple, the " ask and you get" flies in the face of reality. For many ask and do not get.
All is subject to the will of God. God is in no way required to cater to our wants. He is sovereign, not us.
Go check your own Bible.

Then you must believe, it's God's Sovereign will that a child be molested if that is the case. That is very strange to think that about God.

otherwise, God was stopped from helping the Child.

Then you must believe, it's God's Sovereign will that a child be molested if that is the case. That is very strange to think that about God.

otherwise, God was stopped from helping the Child.
Stopped? By who?or what?
You do understand that what you are implying is pure nonsense.
God does not always interfere for the same reason that He does not overide our free will.
Instead of asking why God did not prevent harm to a child, a better question would be "why didn't you?"
"or the child's parents?" or anybody who was acttually in a position of responsibility over the child.
If I let my child play with broken glass, I should not blame God if the child gets cut.

Stopped? By who?or what?
You do understand that what you are implying is pure nonsense.
God does not always interfere for the same reason that He does not overide our free will.
Instead of asking why God did not prevent harm to a child, a better question would be "why didn't you?"
"or the child's parents?" or anybody who was acttually in a position of responsibility over the child.
If I let my child play with broken glass, I should not blame God if the child gets cut.

I just posted you the scriputre that says........ Israel limited God. So according to scripture, what I posted is not pure nonesense.

I would post a bunch more examples if I felt you would understand, but if you don't honor ONe scripture, then more should not be given. (Mark 4)

Should have been...... "OH, Israel was able to limit God, Ummm could be something to this then."

Deaf ears, and nothing. If Scripture is not first authority in you life, then we don't have much else to talk about.

The Lord is always watching over his Word to perform it, and to make sure it is fulfilled (Jer 1:12). For the Word of God to be fulfilled, and or experienced in our lives requires faith. No faith, no benefit of what it promises. Remember, when Jesus (the Word) came to his own home town, he could do no mighty works there because of their unbelief. The Word requires faith for it to be operational in the life of a Christian. If we want the protection of the Lord, then we have to know in the scriptures that it says this, and believe it. It just does not happen automatically. Jesus told his disciples to pray that they enter not into temptation. The Apostle Paul asked the Church to pray that he would be delivered from unreasonable, and wicked men.

2Th 3:1 Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you,
2Th 3:2 and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith.

Got me thinking that if the snake was not allowed into the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve would probably just be happily doing what they are told to do. Almost as if they were set up to fail. Every man is amounted to just so many gram (or kilogram) of raw chemicals. So why is that David is the man after God's own heart yet Judas became the traitor. There has to be someone to take the role of Judas, otherwise, the salvation will not happen. Who is deciding the role of each one of us and the consequence of what this person do. I heard the rationale of " free will" and " fallen world" so often. But it does not explain why some are saved, some are not.

Got me thinking that if the snake was not allowed into the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve would probably just be happily doing what they are told to do. Almost as if they were set up to fail. Every man is amounted to just so many gram (or kilogram) of raw chemicals. So why is that David is the man after God's own heart yet Judas became the traitor. There has to be someone to take the role of Judas, otherwise, the salvation will not happen. Who is deciding the role of each one of us and the consequence of what this person do. I heard the rationale of " free will" and " fallen world" so often. But it does not explain why some are saved, some are not.

Adam was commanded by God to protect the garden and to keep it. Adam allowed the serpent into the garden which caused Eve to be deceived which in turn caused Adams family to fall. Every man has his God given right to choose between life of death, blessing or cursing after hearing the Gospel. The person deciding his own role is you.
The reason why some are saved and some are not is because of each persons own choice to either believe or not.

Last edited:
The Lord is always watching over his Word to perform it, and to make sure it is fulfilled (Jer 1:12). For the Word of God to be fulfilled, and or experienced in our lives requires faith. No faith, no benefit of what it promises. Remember, when Jesus (the Word) came to his own home town, he could do no mighty works there because of their unbelief. The Word requires faith for it to be operational in the life of a Christian. If we want the protection of the Lord, then we have to know in the scriptures that it says this, and believe it. It just does not happen automatically. Jesus told his disciples to pray that they enter not into temptation. The Apostle Paul asked the Church to pray that he would be delivered from unreasonable, and wicked men.

2Th 3:1 Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you,
2Th 3:2 and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith.

Finally, someone has told us the Will of God concerning evil and wicked men. Not only the will, but God is faithful to never fail to protect. Not only that, but we can pray for those who have unbelief, and God will hear and also protect them. I get excited just reading this stuff. Praise God, He is Faithful and good.

God told Adam not to eat the fruit, Adam ate the fruit. Adam's fault.
Satan got hammered in the Garden, and cursed by God, so it cost him also.
Notice all 3 were not getting a good job and praises from God for their great obedience that day.

We are drawn away and enticed by the lust of our own flesh. All the devil can do, is package something that appeals to your flesh.
Eve Saw the fruit and that it looked good to eat............ She is looking at the fruit, and it looks good.........
Adam should have steped up and did something but instead blamed God and threw Eve under the bus.
None of that any of God's fault, or plan.

The scripture already told of a person that would betray Jesus. It could have been any number of folks that Knew Jesus and always gathered around him.

Judas though, was a theif. The disciples had large amounts of money they carried and gave to the poor constantly. Judas was in charge of that money. Judas helped himself to that money.

At the end, Jesus gave Judas a chance at that dinner to change his mind. He did not.

Not everyone gets healed, saved, set free, born again. It's no indication all those there are not already there for them though.

Have you ever declined to go somewhere with someone because you thought it would be a drag. Then find out if you had went, you would have got hooked up with some awesome stuff?

I just posted you the scriputre that says........ Israel limited God. So according to scripture, what I posted is not pure nonesense.

I would post a bunch more examples if I felt you would understand, but if you don't honor ONe scripture, then more should not be given. (Mark 4)

Should have been...... "OH, Israel was able to limit God, Ummm could be something to this then."

Deaf ears, and nothing. If Scripture is not first authority in you life, then we don't have much else to talk about.
Makes it quite obvious that you have no concept of the nature of God, but rely on misconceptions based on poor understanding of the Old Testament.
God is sovereign. He is Lord. He cannot be limited by anyone or anything.

Makes it quite obvious that you have no concept of the nature of God, but rely on misconceptions based on poor understanding of the Old Testament.

Num 14:34 kjva After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

Heb 3:18-19 kjva 18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

So, none of the actions of Israel had anything to do with them not entering in the promise land. God just broke his promise to them because He is Sovereign. God does what He wants, when He wants.

I guess since I have no concept of the Nature of God, and you do. I'll just ignore these scriptures like you do and take your word for it.

Thank you for getting me straightened out.

I was looking at this show (like a couple of mins ago) and a young girl on there asked, "why didn't God protect me when I needed Him the most'

and I wondered the same thing....
seeing as I myself have never been abused in any way shape or form...
but I have my own struggles and trials.. i wonder... why did it happen to her and not me ... you know?

what would you say to someone that... has been through this and asks this question?

I would remind her that there are many bad people in this cruel, sinful world and that what happened to her to was not any fault of hers.

While abuse is a terrible thing and those committing it should be punished, I would say to her that she should consider that perhaps God may have protected her from an even greater evil. I do not know her situation but assuming this was a one-time incident, she could have been kidnapped and abused for a longer period of time. There are many additional terrible things that could have happened to her. She is still alive and able to glorify God. The experience is an emotional trauma but imagine if she could forgive her abuser and lean on God for strength and comfort and help moving on with her life. Perhaps as time passes and she seeks answers God would bring her closer to Himself. Her increased faith and love for God would be an inspiration for others.
We have to remember that God is concerned with spiritual things (Eph 6:12-17). Bad things happen to all of us in this world. We should expect it. It is how we respond to those things that God is concerned about. Do we curse, question and judge him? Or do we seek help and understanding from him.

Her assaulter sinned and God hates sin. We should look into our own life and seek God’s mercy and help in turning from our own sins.

I would remind her that there are many bad people in this cruel, sinful world and that what happened to her to was not any fault of hers.

While abuse is a terrible thing and those committing it should be punished, I would say to her that she should consider that perhaps God may have protected her from an even greater evil. I do not know her situation but assuming this was a one-time incident, she could have been kidnapped and abused for a longer period of time. There are many additional terrible things that could have happened to her. She is still alive and able to glorify God. The experience is an emotional trauma but imagine if she could forgive her abuser and lean on God for strength and comfort and help moving on with her life. Perhaps as time passes and she seeks answers God would bring her closer to Himself. Her increased faith and love for God would be an inspiration for others.
We have to remember that God is concerned with spiritual things (Eph 6:12-17). Bad things happen to all of us in this world. We should expect it. It is how we respond to those things that God is concerned about. Do we curse, question and judge him? Or do we seek help and understanding from him.

Her assaulter sinned and God hates sin. We should look into our own life and seek God’s mercy and help in turning from our own sins.

Hey Bro Dave. Welcome to the forums.

The question was.......... Why did not God help her when she needed God most.

Now if God hates sin as you said, then She wanted to know why God did not get involved.

Just saying to someone to be thankful that you lost only two fingers, when it could have been your whole hand does not mean the person is not going to miss the two fingers. People don't think like that.

Can God save the fingers also?

Are you sure pancakes? I think this is a good discussion.

Glo and By faith are basically saying the same thing anyways. Just Glo is looking from God's point of view and By faith from ours. From God's point of view = He can do anything but chooses not to over ride free will. From ours = we have faith that God will always look after us if we are His.

The question is..... Is over riding free will / playing superman, greater or lessor then giving time / space / opportunity / free will for the evil to be evil?

I have a terrible neighbor. She should be on that show ''neighbors from hell''. I was about to go to a lawyer to sue her. Then my wife stopped me and said some very wise words... ''Just leave it, if she becomes a Christian she will come and make right with us but if she doesn't....she is going to hell for eternity''.

I always think about how Paul used to murder Christians and is now in heaven with all those he killed. What do you think those who died by his hands would want to say to your friend? I think they would say ''pray for those who persecute you'' Matt 5:44.

I always think about how Paul used to murder Christians and is now in heaven with all those he killed. What do you think those who died by his hands would want to say to your friend? I think they would say ''pray for those who persecute you'' Matt 5:44.

All that is true King. I do have the scripture, the answer and had to actually answer that question for a young man who was a Christain but wondered why God did not stop his step father from Molesting him even though He prayed and prayed. I had to go to God for the answer.

If Pancakes don't care anymore about the thread, we should not force her to have interest.

I have held the answer, but endured much waiting on Pancakes. Now she has lost interest.

All that is true King. I do have the scripture, the answer and had to actually answer that question for a young man who was a Christain but wondered why God did not stop his step father from Molesting him even though He prayed and prayed. I had to go to God for the answer.

If Pancakes don't care anymore about the thread, we should not force her to have interest.

I have held the answer, but endured much waiting on Pancakes. Now she has lost interest.

I have herd that if it has anything to do with stealing, killing, or destroying, it is the devil that is doing it. And i agree. I have also herd that good people make bad choices sometimes. And i agree with that, knowing that is the reason my my dad is in heaven right now. But in the case of a Young Christian person, being molested i for one would like to know how to answer that also.
My parents were not saved or just had gotten saved, when i was molested. I was to young to know that i could ask God for help, and the person who committed the evil act was someone i knew, so i guess there was trust there. But this has affected many areas of my life and God is healing all those areas, and i have forgiven, and have peace with God. But again i would like to know how to answer the why for someone else.
Many Blessings and peace to you

I have no answer for why God sometimes intervenes and other times does not. Why is it, for example, that my lost dog was miraculously returned, but other people's lost child was not?

What I do know is that this world is under the power of "the god of this age", and nothing good would ever happen unless God intervened quite often. So I try to focus on simply being grateful for every good thing that happens. And I cannot carry the burdens of thousands who were not delivered from evil in this life; if I dwell on their pain, it is too heavy a burden for me. I'm naturally empathetic and so I have to keep my distance from other people's suffering at times, because their pain becomes my pain. This makes me appear aloof or unsympathetic to some people, but it's really just knowing my limits.

This gets into the claim of many that "prayer doesn't work". But they misunderstand the purpose of prayer. It isn't to just get things from God, but to pour out our concerns to him and then leave them in his hands. After all, this is the age of faith rather than sight. But I never tell people that "God has a purpose in your suffering"; most of the time, God has nothing to do with their suffering. However, he will often use that suffering for something good later on, but I still never say this is guaranteed. Bad things happen because of man and Satan and the curse on nature, and they rarely make any sense. But as long as we remember that this isn't the life we're living for, we can hang on to the hope of a blissful eternity.

Glomung Hello,
Actually Yes he can. Faith moves God. Faith pleases God. If we do not live by faith and live by His word we limit God in our lives. Love and Forgivness also plays a big role in this.

Glomung Hello,
Actually Yes he can. Faith moves God. Faith pleases God. If we do not live by faith and live by His word we limit God in our lives. Love and Forgivness also plays a big role in this.
I don't think you have a very good grasp of the point at hand. The question was whether God can be limited in any way by things that we do. The notion is preposterous. God does what He wishes when He wishes. To think that we puny mortals decide what God does or does not do is absurd.

Glomung, let's stop with the personal insults, okay? Someone disagreeing doesn't mean they "have no concept of the nature of God, but rely on misconceptions based on poor understanding of the Old Testament". Just present what you believe without saying disparaging things about the person you're talking to.

My opinion: God's sovereign decision to allow humans to have free will is not a case of humans giving orders to God. There's plenty of scriptural evidence that God does act at times depending on what people do. For example, God spared Nineveh after they repented.

Back