For Those That Believe In Annihilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I see. so when Job wanted her to come hither, he called out 'hey ewe' no wonder he had acquired lots of sheeps.

OK his wife stayed around but his original children were killed and never restored to him. If I was Job I would miss them and want them back. New kids don't replace the love you have for a dead child.

Job didn't "get more stuff". God restored to Job what he lost and more. That is what God can do for any of us---it is called overcoming adversity by persisting in faith.
His family is still dead and he had to live with that pain for the rest of his life. I don't consider that a win whether he kept his faith or not.

But even Jesus wept.

Jesus "wept" over Jerusalem because the Jews did not recognize their messiah and the time of his visitation to them.
I would cry too if my family did not recognize me.
Jesus also "wept" because of unbelief! Jesus told them, "if they would just believe they would see the Glory of God"
The Jew thought is it was because he loved Lazarus, which is true, but it was really because of their unbelief
Luk 19:41 And when he drew near and saw the city, he wept over it,
Luk 19:42 saying, "Would that you, even you, had known on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.
Luk 19:43 For the days will come upon you, when your enemies will set up a barricade around you and surround you and hem you in on every side
Luk 19:44 and tear you down to the ground, you and your children within you. And they will not leave one stone upon another in you, because you did not know the time of your visitation."

Joh 11:35 Jesus wept.
Joh 11:36 So the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"
Joh 11:40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?"

Jesus "wept" over Jerusalem because the Jews did not recognize their messiah and the time of his visitation to them.
I would cry too if my family did not recognize me.
Jesus also "wept" because of unbelief! Jesus told them, "if they would just believe they would see the Glory of God"
The Jew thought is it was because he loved Lazarus, which is true, but it was really because of their unbelief
Luk 19:41 And when he drew near and saw the city, he wept over it,
Luk 19:42 saying, "Would that you, even you, had known on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.
Luk 19:43 For the days will come upon you, when your enemies will set up a barricade around you and surround you and hem you in on every side
Luk 19:44 and tear you down to the ground, you and your children within you. And they will not leave one stone upon another in you, because you did not know the time of your visitation."

Joh 11:35 Jesus wept.
Joh 11:36 So the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"
Joh 11:40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?"

So you think being in mourning for the loss of a family member or friend is wrong?

Then I don't understand the above post.
Every body morns the loss of a loved one, but they don't mourn forever, they just accept it and move on knowing they will see them again. The people who mourn their whole life time are those who have no hope for the future. They think death is the end.

Every body morns the loss of a loved one, but they don't mourn forever, they just accept it and move on knowing they will see them again. The people who mourn their whole life time are those who have no hope for the future. They think death is the end.
We may not mourn forever but there is still going to be pain associated with that loss forever. Do you think Job wasn't struck with pain every time he had a memory of his kids?

No!

1Th 4:13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.

No!

1Th 4:13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.
I agree that we don't grieve like others but that doesn't take away the pain.

We may not mourn forever but there is still going to be pain associated with that loss forever. Do you think Job wasn't struck with pain every time he had a memory of his kids?
I think everyone is different on this. I have lost friends, uncles and grandparents and I can honestly say it no longer affects me. I have always wondered why I don't grieve like others when people close to me die.

I agree that we don't grieve like others but that doesn't take away the pain.

I grieve terribly. All of us do! BUT there is a peace that surpasses all understanding. An insight into the future that puts us at rest. Especially if we are anywhere as close to God as Job was.

Just thinking. Jobs wife said this Job 2:9 ''Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!". Is there an argument for her not serving God? That would make the pain of missing her easier. But then I guess she was a good wife, she stuck with him through all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back