For Those That Believe In Annihilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the greatest grief would come with unexpected loss.
My parents have now passed on from this life, and yes I miss them.
They both lived for a long time bedridden with no quality of life. Their deaths was in a way a blessing, but had they died suddenly 30-40 years ago I'm sure my grief would have been much more intense.
But the question is......had they been taken 30-40 years ago, would I still miss them? Would I still grieve their loss?....not knowable.

I think you would have. Whenever you see others with their parents it reminds you of what you lost and can't get back. It is sad.

This is why I hate the theory of annihilation. Imagine your dad that you loved never made it to heaven and is now ... annihilated.

I can accept him not being in heaven because of his free will decision. But annihilated? Never see or talk to him again? People have not sat down and thought deeply about this.

We are so quick to throw things at the devil, but the devil was once closer to God then any of us. God loved him. Granted, God won't keep him in heaven because of sin / free will...but to annihilate him???? :rolleyes:. That is not God's heart. God's love lasts forever and ever and ever and ever....God is not a 'creation'.

Huntingteckel I am surprised to hear you talk about missing loved ones and yet support annihilation. The two don't add up at all.

I think you would have. Whenever you see others with their parents it reminds you of what you lost and can't get back. It is sad.

This is why I hate the theory of annihilation. Imagine your dad that you loved never made it to heaven and is now ... annihilated.

I can accept him not being in heaven because of his free will decision. But annihilated? Never see or talk to him again? People have not sat down and thought deeply about this.

We are so quick to throw things at the devil, but the devil was once closer to God then any of us. God loved him. Granted, God won't keep him in heaven because of sin / free will...but to annihilate him???? :rolleyes:. That is not God's heart. God's love lasts forever and ever and ever and ever....God is not a 'creation'.

Huntingteckel I am surprised to hear you talk about missing loved ones and yet support annihilation. The two don't add up at all.

I don't get your point at all. If I had to choose between getting snuffed out or burning alive for all eternity I would get snuffed.

It is much more merciful to annihilate that to eternally torment.

I don't get your point at all. If I had to choose between getting snuffed out or burning alive for all eternity I would get snuffed.

It is much more merciful to annihilate that to eternally torment.
You believe God is good, yet you expect Him to be some demented being in the hereafter?

So you settle for demented God over completely demented God. Don't settle for either. God is good. God's goodness and mercy endures forever and ever Psalm 100:5. Drink that in and let it settle.

God does not hate the devil. Let that sink in!
1. Look at how God spoke to Him in Matt 4.
2. Look at how God tolerated him when he got removed from heaven. God gave an ant the chance to make a scene and feel like he can challenge God for the throne.
3. God speaks to the devil / hears from the devil everyday when he accuses us. Look at Job. Don't ignore this fact!
4. The demons cast into the pig said to Jesus 'why have you come to torment us before our time'....lateral thought = they are not currently in torment...torment is coming. Were they trembling when they said that? Were they pleading for mercy when they said that? Did they say they will cease to exist?
5. Many scriptures are clear that God is a just judge. Best probably Rom 2:6.
6. The fallen angels entered death when they were cast out. Death is hence clearly currently just banishment with no suffering, but some suffering coming.
7. The devil is thrown in an abyss for 1000 years.

We need to take all these facts into account before we conclude on hell. We can't just assume eternal death / torment = eternal ''suffering''.

God is creating a home for wolves. Wolves and sheep cannot co-exist, that is not debatable! God is for free will. Accept me or be annihilated is NOT free will.

Lastly look at how Moses persuaded God to have mercy on the Jews in Exodus 32. You think we can't do that with God in the hereafter????????? How much MORE in the hereafter????!!!! I can't wait to see everyone with their mouths hanging open when we all grasp just how good God is.

Look at where the whole of scripture points and don't take a single or few scriptures on hell that literally.

Annihilation forces a pill of God = merciless down our throat. Eternal suffering = a pill of God is mad.

We KNOW that God is good. So why not swallow that pill first then formulate an opinion on hell? ;)

Serve me or die = merciless. Just ask the guy about to be annihilated.

I expect the greatest grief would come with unexpected loss.
My parents have now passed on from this life, and yes I miss them.
They both lived for a long time bedridden with no quality of life. Their deaths was in a way a blessing, but had they died suddenly 30-40 years ago I'm sure my grief would have been much more intense.
But the question is......had they been taken 30-40 years ago, would I still miss them? Would I still grieve their loss?....not knowable.
Interesting that you raised this issue...I read today on FB, a post from a friend, on this issue. And basically it was that power of great love and the great grief, in this life that seems to mold us into the people we are. I have loved deeply and have wept great tears before My God in the pain of that love being lost in some way. I would not change it!

Serve me or burn alive forever= merciless. Just ask the guy being burned. He will say "kill me".
Agreed. But both are evil.

Sure, we have this, Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

But, we cannot ignore this, Rev 20:13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

Nor this, Rom 2:6 God "will repay each person according to what they have done."

Nor this, 1 Cor 6:3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

1. Note there is a separation between 'thrown into lake of sulfur' and then 'tormented forever'. It does not say they are thrown into the lake of sulfur and tormented therein forever and ever.

2. The next two verses shows clearly that each being in hell is judged according to their works. Now what is the point of judgment according to what they have done ....if all get the same punishment?

3. What angels will we judge? The sinless angels in heaven? Of course not. If they did anything wrong they would not be in heaven. No sin is in God's presence. I believe this verse is crystal clear that we will judge the millions Rev 5:11 of angels in hell.

Conclusion: The evil will suffer according to what they have done. 1 year for level 1 rebellion. 2 years for level 2 rebellion. Once years of suffering are served, they live in hell for eternity. Not the lake of sulfur where it seems sentence of suffering is served. Their eternal torment will be memories / being a wolf with wolves. Your neighbor, shop owner, president, friends will all be selfish wolves.

Good morning everyone! Just thought I'd share my opinion on the matter.

What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory—

Some objects God created are prepared for destruction. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back