Forgiveness is great; but dont extend to everything.

Forgiveness is great; but dont extend to everything.

[This is not a truth/teaching.. its a study]
Heb 10:26-27 seems to get a lot of miss interpretations.
Some take it to a extreme to mean no forgiveness at all; yeah they are kinda right but it dont mean your dammed to hell for ever..

From what I have come to learn, sin itself brings about bad works.
Your works are judged! JUDGED! but its ok, because its righteousness judgement.

Forgiveness does not extend because there is simply no need for it to. you have been declared clean and no longer a slave to sin.
You can turn your bad works in to good works by correcting them.
You cant correct them by throwing them at the cross alone and asking for forgiveness.
The Holy Spirit is in us, we are the body and God uses us... So how can Jesus fix it without the Body?
It may be as simple as an apology or it may be something deep you need to do.

Now, this is posted in bible study, because I wanna hear from others and what they think..

God bless! :smiley180:

Heb 10:26-27 seems to get a lot of miss interpretations.
Some take it to a extreme to mean no forgiveness at all; yeah they are kinda right but it dont mean your dammed to hell for ever..

OK. But how about these verses?

4For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit,

5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come—

6 and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance

Heb 6

First thing that comes to mind is this is no game, if it meant you was dammed to hell, it would say that..
Why would God beat around the bush??
2nd thing that comes to mind is;
To me that just backs my statement up that there is no forgiveness for us and everything we do will be judged, so we better get this stuff right and produce good works, so we get judged well.
3rd I agree, like how can you make someone repent when they dont believe in Jesus anymore? they gonna repent to someone they dont think exists?

To me it: Just that there is no repentance for turning back to sin.
HOW can there be man?? Sin helps create bad works!! we get judged on our works so how can it be washed away after we have received the truth??

God bless!!!!!!!

1 Cor 3:10-13 could go with Heb 10:26-27 I think.

1 Corinthians 3:10-13 (King James Version)

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Paul could very well be talking about the fire found in Heb 10:26-27

1 Cor 3:14-15 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Something else that backs this up: see my sig

LAST: All I am saying is, that there is no need for another sacrifice & sin is a how to guide to produce bad work.
which is why the forgiveness dont extend, its why we need to fix what we break as well as repent.
Its all about judgement day.
If you steal, give back what is it 6 times as much?? softens the heart of the person.
If you abuse your friend, say sorry, soften their hearts
etc etc etc.
We are the Body, Jesus gave us the power over sin! The Holy Spirit is our Guide and is in us

with what measure we judge will be met by us.so judgement should rest squarely on the sin.ie murder is wrong etc.on earth people weigh the evidence and sentence them to jail time or death.this method can only work if you have a fair judge.on earth this can be corrupted ie judge satan owned free,s his own and gives over the top sentences who are not his own.with God judging is Good.fair etc.in this world until we rid ourselves of the scourge of satan and his minion it will never be ok.to me this earth is like a rotten apple riddled with snake holes eating away humanity.staying here is only death.

with what measure we judge will be met by us.so judgement should rest squarely on the sin.ie murder is wrong etc.on earth people weigh the evidence and sentence them to jail time or death.this method can only work if you have a fair judge.on earth this can be corrupted ie judge satan owned free,s his own and gives over the top sentences who are not his own.with God judging is Good.fair etc.in this world until we rid ourselves of the scourge of satan and his minion it will never be ok.to me this earth is like a rotten apple riddled with snake holes eating away humanity.staying here is only death.

Amen! God bless you!
It will extend to everything through your life!!
right down to depression and emotional abuse you received. it will judge things we couldn't even begin to imagine.
So we just need good works and we just need to make sure we correct anything that could turn in to a bad work hardening of someones heart and so on.

Amen to all and forgiveness is a choice that every one has to make and If we are walking in the light of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is our guide we will be convicted of things that need forgiveness and sometimes we did not even know like for example maybe even just a word that hurt a friend .... This is why it is so important to be in tune with the Holy Spirit.

Why would God beat around the bush??

There are several reasons.

One of them is:

And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
Mark 4:11

That's why there is a need for stewards, like Paul to explain these things to us:

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God
1 Cor 4:1

God sometimes talks to us in parables but there would be a time that all of these would be crystal clear:

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father
Jn 16:25

There are several reasons.

One of them is:

And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
Mark 4:11

That's why there is a need for stewards, like Paul to explain these things to us:

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God
1 Cor 4:1

God sometimes talks to us in parables but there would be a time that all of these would be crystal clear:

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father
Jn 16:25

I am a little confused on what your saying lol.
Sorry, could you further it explain a bit.

I dont think its EXACTLY the way I put it here...
Been told to look at a few extra things elsewhere...
But I think I am nearly on the right track here....

I dont know anymore, I am trying to work this out, I got little bits of everything going through my head, a puzzle that is soon gonna come together.

Anyway, I think with reading Michael has written about sin.
Its best to correct things, regardless of forgiveness or not. because like he said it can be like a virus.

Yeah but on a subject that means salvation or death?
I dont think so.
:p
There are two types of sin in the bible.

Should it be the sin not unto death, there is still salvation. But there are sins unto death, which there is no more forgiveness.

If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1 Jn 5:16

John . thinking of sin as an infection . the sin unto death becomes quite frightening to imagine . but nothing's bigger than God . even He overcame sin and death . :)

the sin unto death becomes quite frightening to imagine .
Yes, it is both scary and sad.

but nothing's bigger than God . even He overcame sin and death . :)
True. But our big God has both goodness and severity:

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:22

We should continue in our goodness and not sin the sin unto death. Otherwise we shall be cut off

Hmm yes .. what you say can be true . but in moments like that . i think it is best to appeal to His lovingkindness and mercy . even evil king Manasseh repented after all that evil he did and lived .

this passage comes to mind

Ezekiel 33:14-16 (King James Version)

14Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
15If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
16None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

Back