Fornication

THis is my view on this matter:
Gal 5:16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

I have found new life in Christ and am dead to the old, alive to the new- this is the source of my fleeing, turning,walking away etc- not vice-versa- but that is my walk so I can only speak for myself. blessings Larry

A person can not walk in the spirit unless they turn from sin. How does one walk in the spirit while in sin? Stop, Repent (turn from it and turn to God" Then and only then will one live in the Spirit, walking in the Spirit is obedience to God's instruction as a believe. All those verses are true but without a willingness to turn from sin and flee from it and turn and head in the right direction, the spirit filled life, just will not happen.

Those verses are true 100 percent but it is the winning side of obedience to God's life style which is turning from sin and turning to God's instructions on how to live. As a Christian there is no question concerning the indwelling of the Spirit, but only the obedience of the indwelled which results in cleansing and filling.

A person cannot walk away from sin without walking in the Spirit- or one simply finds themselves producing filthy rags unaceptable to God-
I still love you brother but I am unwilling to argue the point- I respect your right to your opinion- blessings Larry

Walking in the spirit goes with obedience in my view...you need to obey the spirit of God, when it say stop that and that, for you not be entraped in sin...e.g when you reading a magazine which generate lust, you won't feel ok..that's the Holy Spirit speaking to you and you need to stop...therefore you have obey then walked on the Spirit guidance...............That is my take.........Walking in the street where you have no control of what is happening in the world, think about things with virtue, noble, kind, the Word of God etc....

Dear Sir,
Well, I'd sure like to meet you - if you are interested. I only live about 15 minutes from Niles in Austintown. Meet at Denny's on Mahoning Ave? You are also invited to the house for supper if you want. We sure like company.

Actually, this is open to all the regulars here on CFS - travelling on route 80? Stop and spend the night. We'd be glad to have you.

Larry

Find the right woman and get married.

This does not always help the lust factor. Just being married doesn't help this completely. I have struggled for this for years. One thing I suggest is try reading the book "Every Mans Battle". This is a very good book. I have read this and a followup book called "Every Mans Challenge" (this one is more for married men). These books really helped me.

Of course don't forget to read the Bible and Pray. Spend time with God. The closer you are to him the further from sin you will WANT to be.

This does not always help the lust factor. Just being married doesn't help this completely. I have struggled for this for years. One thing I suggest is try reading the book "Every Mans Battle". This is a very good book. I have read this and a followup book called "Every Mans Challenge" (this one is more for married men). These books really helped me.

Of course don't forget to read the Bible and Pray. Spend time with God. The closer you are to him the further from sin you will WANT to be.

Thank you for the input and recommendation.

Yep, I've struggled with this as well.

Try this.... if you're tempted to have sex, imagine "What if Jesus comes for His bride while i'm in the middle of having sex out of marriage?"

I don't know if a Christian will be left behind for sinning at the moment of the Rapture. I do know that Christ's blood covers a multitude of sins, but do you really want to chance it?

Besides that, even if you didn't get left behind, wouldn't it be rather embarrasing to be raptured during a slip into fornication?

When Jesus sets you free, you are truely free! So ask for forgiveness and turn from fornicating! He will break the chains and free you!

I have also had this same temptation plague me so to speak.
And personally I do believe that God will leave those backslidden Christians behind who have given themselves to the world. Just remember the parable of the 10 virgins.
Despite leaving them behind, my Pastor has studied the rapture/end times to a great extent and he believes there will be a second rapture of the Christians who were left behind and any new ones whove come to the faith. But these Christians will not be rewarded as handsomely as those who were raptured before the Trib.

Back