General resurrection or everyone man in their own order?

2 General resurrections in their own order.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev 20:6

After the first resurrection, after a thousand years, there is another one:

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:12-13

can you please explain more to me?

Mary

Sure.

When Christ comes back, those who died in Christ shall rise correct?

They will be w/ Christ and rule for a thousand years:

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years

There is a first resurrection. But the rest of the dead will not rise until the thousand years are finished:

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:5

Just post your questions if you have more, and I'll try to answer them w/ God's help.

when Jesus comes those who are dead but in Chist will rise and those of us alive and in Christ will be caught up to meet Him in the air.

So what happens to the other people during that thousand years?

the ones that are alive bt not in Christ.

when Jesus comes those who are dead but in Chist will rise and those of us alive and in Christ will be caught up to meet Him in the air.

So what happens to the other people during that thousand years?

the ones that are alive bt not in Christ.

They will be under a government under Christ's rule:

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

And they shall live w/ out Satan's disturbance:

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:2

No I mean the ones that do not get in the resurection...the ones left behind that are alive but never accepted Jesus.

No I mean the ones that do not get in the resurection...the ones left behind that are alive but never accepted Jesus.

No, hehe, I got you the first time.

They will live under the rule of Christ and the saints. And these people who never accepted Christ w/ live a life w/out being tempted by the devil anymore.

But they are not saved even though they will be under Jesus rule and will know Him?

Yes, they will know Christ. That's why after 1 thousand years, the devil will try to deceive them again:

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Sorry I am getting confused.
That's fine. I'm sorry I can't explain it any better.

so those who are not saved now still will have the chance later after Jesus comes? Unless they die first?

An intelligent question Mary. But I rather not comment on the condemnation of others but... what I can say is this. Those who were not able to know Christ do have a chance, that's why in the end, they will be judged differently:

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:12

They will be judged according to their works

2 General resurrections in their own order.
15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

After each individual death condition (being saved or not saved): Christ the Firstfruits and afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

When was the first resurrection that brought the first fruits?

I believe when the veil got torn in two at the death of Christ at Calvary.

Matthew 27,50:53

50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

John 11;25;26
Jesus said to her, "I am the one who brings people back to life, and I am life itself. Those who believe in me will live even if they die. And everyone who lives and believes inMe will never die.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]John 8:51
Our Lord Jesus said"I tell you the truth if anyone keeps my word he will never see death

[/FONT]
[/FONT]John 8:52 The Jews said to Him, "Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets also; and You say, 'If anyone keeps My word, he will never taste of death.'

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]2 Corinthians 5:17[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
2 Corinthians 5:8
8we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

Philippians 1:23

23But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;

After the first resurrection, after a thousand years, there is another one:

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:12-13

Who and when was the first believer resurrected to life?

I am resurrected in Christ now!
I don't know about that other futuristic stuff :) Doesn't make any sense to me or have any affect on my life.

(1Co 15:23) But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; then they that are Christ's, at his coming.

He Has Come to me (in my order in this day and age), and I've received Him with open arms and He is alive in me forever more and has made me His Son! I praise Him so!

When this body dies, then is the end! This Kingdom contained within me, His Son, shall be delivered up to God and I will be All in All with Him as He is!

Oh I am so happy ! woot!

No, hehe, I got you the first time.

They will live under the rule of Christ and the saints. And these people who never accepted Christ w/ live a life w/out being tempted by the devil anymore.

With all due respect . . .

What?

People who never accepted Christ won't be tempted by the devil anymore?

Sorry, I am confused.

InHisLove,

During the 1000 years, the devil will be bound so he will not be here to tempt anyone who is alive at that time.

After the 1000 years he will be let loosed again to tempt those who don't know the Lord people and they will have to make the choice to follow him or to resist the devil and follow the Lord

Back