Generational Curses

Well its known when mothers drink alcohol while pregnant or on crack their babies end up with things wrong like FAS or born addicted and they have to put them on methodone to wean them off the drugs that get sent straight into their bloodstream...

Because we still live in the flesh, and the flesh is prone to want what it wants because that sin nature is in us .

Paul admits the battle between flesh and spirit in his own life in Romans 7.........
“So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.”
I'm at a loss for words. You've just ripped open Romans 7:14-20 and laid it bare before me in a way that I never saw it before.

Thank you! ❤️

Fetal alcohol syndrome.

Also if you are born into a rich priveliged environment you will most likely benefit from it and likewise if you are born into poverty this will affect you.

However, good news is the blood of Jesus pays for our sin...we just need to apply it. And He will save us from our sin.

Fetal alcohol syndrome.

Also if you are born into a rich priveliged environment you will most likely benefit from it and likewise if you are born into poverty this will affect you.

However, good news is the blood of Jesus pays for our sin...we just need to apply it. And He will save us from our sin.
That is as has been explained..........Consequences of sin.

Poverty and privilege is not the issue here. We do not choose who or where we are born.

Blessings and curses are placed before us on a daily basis and we have the right and responsibility to choose.
Yes, you can have families that have certain tendencies yet the cycle can be broken, otherwise salvation just doesn't work.
God is more than able to bless and use us in spite of these things.

Blessings and curses are placed before us on a daily basis and we have the right and responsibility to choose.
Yes, you can have families that have certain tendencies yet the cycle can be broken, otherwise salvation just doesn't work.
I tend to agree.

I was blessed to be born in the Promised Land to people who made moonshine and chewed tobacco!

Who knew I would wind up a T-toadler!

Yes, good point.
I am thankful He had so much faith in me and didn’t give up on me.

1 Corinthians 10:13, NASB​

13 No temptation has overtaken you except something common to mankind; and God is faithful, so He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Yes, good point.
I am thankful He had so much faith in me and didn’t give up on me.
I've never heard it said before that God has faith in us, rather...

John 2:23-24
Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name, observing His signs which He was doing. [24] But Jesus, on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men,

Dear crossnote, I wasn’t trying to express a doctrine but I meant faith in this context as a type of confidence or belief in us… a faith.

I do believe that God has a Godly type of faith in us that and it is naturally not the same as man’s. He is there to lift us every time we fall. He forgives us every time we fail. So He shows a willingness to believe the best of us… again, a type of faith perhaps.

I think He believes in us more than many of us believe in ourselves.

In Ephesians 2:8, Paul says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” This verse says to me that this faith is the gift of God and if he is giving it, then He must have it to give.

We have to put faith in God’s grace, it’s God’s grace that saves us, but not His grace alone. If that were so, then everyone would be saved: God’s grace has come to all men (Tit. 2:11). Again, He must seemingly have faith in us.

There is a human faith that is inherent within every human being, but there is a supernatural faith of God that only comes to those who receive the good news.

Anyway it inspires me and gives me comfort.

God bless you.

Sorry to enter into your conversation, but I am inclined to think, it is salvation that is the gift of God. 😊

Hi Robin,
Salvation is indeed a gift.

Here are 5 gifts I believe that God gives to all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ:
The gift of the Holy Spirit
The gift of faith
The gift of forgiveness
The gift of the church
The gift of heaven

God bless you

But... If I was one of those people who come onto the forums claiming to be a Christian while denying the deity of Jesus, and there are a lot of them, then I would be extremely worried about my salvation, because then what the Bible says about the sins of our fathers would be applicable, due to them still being under Old Testament law.

What do people think?
I THINK that the sins of our fathers is not the problem at all. But that is just me and you did ask!
Actually they’re the work of your First Parents. We were all in Adam when he broke God’s commandment. WE were condemned with him.

But that’s not the end of the story.

Just as you and I were in Adam when he fell from grace, so now, if we believe in Jesus, we are in Christ through faith.
This is what Paul means when he says that “one man [Jesus] did obey. That is why many people will be made right with God” in Romans 5:19.

To get out from under the “generational curse,” so to speak we have to be grafted into a whole new family tree !

(1Co 15:45) Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
(1Co 15:46) But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.
(1Co 15:47) The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.
(1Co 15:48) As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
(1Co 15:49) Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. (ESV)

When Christ rose from the dead to eternal life, he became the last Adam, and we as his disciples are grafted into him. The Adamic curse ended for those who believe and accept Christ as their Saviour. How wonderful is that!

Agreed. God did for us what we could not do for ourselves even if we wanted to and could!

We just went through this intensively in the Romans Systematic study on this forum in chapter 5.

Agreed. God did for us what we could not do for ourselves even if we wanted to and could!
Similarly, though we were ALL under God's curse, He did for us what we couldn't do for ourselves...

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us-for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"-

Hence, there are no longer generational curses.

I think..you have to apply the blood of Jesus before you see its effects in your own lives.

I know people who still hold on to resentments from generations ago...and often that comes through via racist attitudes etc whether oppressor or victim. I am sure with my ancestors the Japanese really were cruel to the Chinese and thats why many emigrated to other lands because they were invaded and ran out of the country, hence refugees, but when I see a Japanese person today I don't hold that against them for what their ancestors did in the past even though it was horrific.

I mean the Brits were even more hateful toward Chinese and other races but I'm not indignant nor do I get the whole 'everyone foreign is an enemy' or 'poor people are beneath my notice' kind of thing. Forgiveness is so powerful

If there IS a generational curse it would seem its when baby boomers dump on everyone else for not being born when they were. Dad's always complaining young people don't listen to the music HE likes lol.

Back