Genesis

The separation could be poetic language that designates day from night eg.

Yes, saying "light and dark" is figurative language called a hendiady. The most famous hendiady in English must be "the sound and the fury," which is a line in a speech by Lady MacBeth.

The word, naked, in Genesis 2 could be an example of figurative language. Naked might mean transparent, in the sense that Adam and Eve had no secrets.

Yes, saying "light and dark" is figurative language called a hendiady. The most famous hendiady in English must be "the sound and the fury," which is a line in a speech by Lady MacBeth.

I don't see the hendiady. Write the phrase " light and dark "as adjective and noun.

The word, naked, in Genesis 2 could be an example of figurative language. Naked might mean transparent, in the sense that Adam and Eve had no secrets.

Interesting jump to nudity, again.

I don't see the hendiady. Write the phrase " light and dark "as adjective and noun.

Interesting jump to nudity, again.

I learned the word, hendiady, about a week ago, so I know I'm not qualified to understand this. However, as I understand, a hendiady is two words describing one thing. The most common example is sound and fury or furious sound.

In modern language, darkness and light are one thing not two, so the meaning might be the division of dark light. Maybe I should copyright the previous sentence because, according to Google, dark light appears be an new idea.

And speaking of the n-word, if I ever work as a stripper, mabye I will call myself transparency.

Genesis 2 defines the nature of man, an entity in the image of God.

Genesis 3 offers a look at Cherubims, which must be a kind of entity in heaven.

And also woman, the first human clone, ... I sort of identify with Eve in Genesis 3 because over the last year I have realized how devious I can be. In the thread about the difficulty of being Christian, I should have remembered that.

I always wondered about something else, closely related to this.. During creation we see clearly God separated light and darkness.. It was before sun and stars were created.. We today understand stars are the source of light.. But God separated light from darkness even before that.. So clearly there is something else which we cannot explain in simple human understanding of universe.. And I don't have answers for this :)

True. Our Lord brought forth miracle after miracle and it must have been some fixed light source outside of the earth.

God+separated+the+light+from+the+darkness+cartoon.jpg

I learned the word, hendiady, about a week ago, so I know I'm not qualified to understand this. However, as I understand, a hendiady is two words describing one thing. The most common example is sound and fury or furious sound.

In modern language, darkness and light are one thing not two, so the meaning might be the division of dark light. Maybe I should copyright the previous sentence because, according to Google, dark light appears be an new idea.

And speaking of the n-word, if I ever work as a stripper, mabye I will call myself transparency.

I think hendiady relies on and adjective and a noun ( usually ) being changed into 2 nouns for effect. So yeah dark light into light and dark and this is unique.

Transparency is a good thing for a Christian, in the right context.

Genesis 3 has loads of holy moly red rider information.

God created Adam and Eve, the first humans, and He told them not to eat the fruit. After they ate the fruit, He kicked them off the dole. While He looked around for an Italian virgin, he decided to send a savior to save all mankind.

To that end he preserved the Blessed Virgin Mary from original sin because of her Divine Son, and that gave Protestants another reason to be Protestants.

According to my Jewish boyfriend, that was His second mistake.

Genesis 4 mentions three women, so naturally I wonder if any other ancient texts mention them.

Genesis 4 has numbers. Cain gets vengeance seven fold, so I wonder if the author used a base seven number system. Then Lemech receives vengeance seventy and seven fold. If that represents a base seven number, it might represent 56 base ten.

The Order Of Creation:

The first 3 days, God created the spaces:

1. Light
2. Separation Atmosphere and Ocean
3. Land and Greenery

The next 3 days He fills the spaces:

4. Sun, Moon, and Stars
5. Birds and Fish
6. Animals and Man

And then He created the Seventh Day as a space of time.
What does He fill that space with?

The Order Of Creation:

1. Light
3. Land and Greenery

4. Sun, Moon, and Stars
5. Birds and Fish
6. Animals and Man

Us !

Heb 4:4-10 KJV For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. (5) And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. (6) Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: (7) Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. (8) For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. (9) There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. (10) For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.[/quote]

I always wondered about something else, closely related to this.. During creation we see clearly God separated light and darkness.. It was before sun and stars were created.. We today understand stars are the source of light.. But God separated light from darkness even before that.. So clearly there is something else which we cannot explain in simple human understanding of universe.. And I don't have answers for this :)
Just to throw this out there, since God separated light from darkness, it seems to suggest light and darkness were mixed together and God needed to separate them. Try to wrap your brain around that one.

So Transparency, what song would you dance to? Maybe "Invisible Touch" by...................................ready for this...........................the group Genesis. That is too rich! Ha!

Genesis 4 mentions three women, so naturally I wonder if any other ancient texts mention them.

Genesis 4 has numbers. Cain gets vengeance seven fold, so I wonder if the author used a base seven number system. Then Lemech receives vengeance seventy and seven fold. If that represents a base seven number, it might represent 56 base ten.
Don't forget chap. 4 has the first murder also. Interesting verse 6. "...But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."NIV
NKJV has "...sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”
God is clearly saying we have control over sin and should rule over it. So many think that they don't have a choice.

One can think of the "separation" of light and darkness as not so much the dividing of a thing into two, but in terms of mutual exclusivity. When the light appeared, it chased away the darkness, and when the light is absent, the darkness returns, seeing that darkness is merely the absence of light just as cold is merely the absence of heat.

Don't forget chap. 4 has the first murder also. Interesting verse 6. "...But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."NIV
NKJV has "...sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”
God is clearly saying we have control over sin and should rule over it. So many think that they don't have a choice.

I almost posted something about Abel's murder and Cain's lie about it. Able's death was a homicide, but there was no king or legislature to make the law. So maybe it was not a murder.

In a world without law, revenge becomes the law. Genesis has other examples. I have no personal experience with revenge, but I do have an odd connection with it.

I'm adopted. Genetically, I am Asian, probably Filipino. Maybe Heinz 52, My Dad thinks that my birth parents were Ifugao headhunters, which is a tribe that sometimes adorns the cover of National Geographic. Rather by accident I found a book about them in a used book store. The book is pre-World War Two, so maybe things are different now, but they had a cowabunga, holy moly Red Rider violent society. They were so violent that even the Spanish had not been able to deal with them.

Genesis 4 mentions how Lamech killed someone for revenge. Later in Genesis the sons of Jacob killed all the men in a town for revenge.

On a slightly different subject, I remember being with my great grandmother at a Protestant Bible study. Somebody said that the word, sin, is sometimes translated demon.

The Order Of Creation:

1. Light
3. Land and Greenery

4. Sun, Moon, and Stars
5. Birds and Fish
6. Animals and Man

But where in that are the Dallas Cowboys?????

I almost posted something about Abel's murder and Cain's lie about it. Able's death was a homicide, but there was no king or legislature to make the law. So maybe it was not a murder.

In a world without law, revenge becomes the law. Genesis has other examples. I have no personal experience with revenge, but I do have an odd connection with it.

I'm adopted. Genetically, I am Asian, probably Filipino. Maybe Heinz 52, My Dad thinks that my birth parents were Ifugao headhunters, which is a tribe that sometimes adorns the cover of National Geographic. Rather by accident I found a book about them in a used book store. The book is pre-World War Two, so maybe things are different now, but they had a cowabunga, holy moly Red Rider violent society. They were so violent that even the Spanish had not been able to deal with them.

Genesis 4 mentions how Lamech killed someone for revenge. Later in Genesis the sons of Jacob killed all the men in a town for revenge.

On a slightly different subject, I remember being with my great grandmother at a Protestant Bible study. Somebody said that the word, sin, is sometimes translated demon.

Have you ever considered that the sacrificial law was in fact in place and then confirmed in Exodus??????

If not, what did the Lord Jesus Christ kill animals and shed their blood so as to cloth Adam and Eve.

Also, is it wasn't, why did Cain and Abel bring any sacrifice at all????

Sin is disobeying God but demons are fallen angels who disobeyed God..

Back