God ordained disciples

What are ways that God unexpectedly put someone in your path, in order for you to witness to them and bring them to Christ?

I heard of a story where a Lady was waiting in her car to pick up her child from school, when a complete stranger got into the passenger seat. The driver replied to her, "Hello, can I help you mis?" The lady being embarrassed after realizing that she got into the wrong car by mistake, apologized for the mistake.

Long story short, they conversed for a little while as they waited for the drivers daughter to get out of class, and she accepted Jesus that day.

Feel free to share any stories like this encouraging one!

In peace

Hello ConsiderHisAwe;

I was saved when I was 9 years old but didn't actually have a relationship with Jesus Christ. When as an adult I was a Men's Christian retreat and my buddy took me out in a canoe.

I think I shared this here before. So when we were out in the middle of the lake, my buddy knew my sinful background and asked me if I wanted to recommit my life to Jesus. I told him, no, I'm good.

But I did want him to row me back to shore so we could get bite to eat in the cafeteria. He said no, unless I recommitted my life and had to row back. I never rowed a canoe or any boat before and started to get nervous inside.

I agreed to recommit my life again to Jesus, but it took me longer to learn how to row. We laughed about it, but I chose to take a step of faith, ask Jesus to forgive me for my sins and the moment I took the row and started rowing, I felt the nervousness fade away and was actually rowing us back to shore.

I never rowed again, or bungy jump, zip line, roller coaster or sky diving, so if anyone here does, you may relate to my first experience, rowing in a lake. This experience prompted me to step up and start serving more in my renewed walk with Jesus.

Thank you for creating this thread, "God Ordained Disciples"

God bless you and your family.

There was a Muslim man that wanted to talk to me, the pastor, who is head of the evangelism, told me not to speak to him. I agreed, but i regret it now. I should of said something to the pastor and spoke to the Muslim man. we prayed that day that people would come to us.

There was a Muslim man that wanted to talk to me, the pastor, who is head of the evangelism, told me not to speak to him. I agreed, but i regret it now. I should of said something to the pastor and spoke to the Muslim man. we prayed that day that people would come to us.

Hello Prycejosh1987;

All Pastors are still human, flawed and imperfect, and it seems the pastor at that time didn't put Matthew 28:18-20 in its proper context.

18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” - ESV

This is why Shepherds, especially in your instance, are to take a
serious look at their calling daily because it's Scriptural, to hold a higher standard. This includes the proper training (Paul to Timothy).

It could be your pastor probably was thinking and protecting you in case you weren't prepared what to say to the unbeliever at that time and moment.

This why study of the Bible, every single passage, is so vital in our lives. In the Great Commission, Jesus commands disciples to breed disciples of ALL NATIONS. Jesus also promised He would be with us, including witnessing and making disciples. Anytime God gives you and me a tough assignment, He isn't going make us step back on our own, but will embrace us through every opportunity, because the end result and glory belong to Him.

Thank you for sharing, Prycejosh1987.

God bless you and your family.

This why study of the Bible, every single passage, is so vital in our lives. In the Great Commission, Jesus commands disciples to breed disciples of ALL NATIONS. Jesus also promised He would be with us, including witnessing and making disciples. Anytime God gives you and me a tough assignment, He isn't going make us step back on our own, but will embrace us through every opportunity, because the end result and glory belong to Him.

Yes! We are to preach Christ and Him Raised to all nations! However, we can mistake our own zeal for the leading of the Lord.

If you feel led to witness the resurrection to someone I would advise to prepare:

By searching ones own heart, and by prayer but also by knowing and internalizing Gods word. Not only those passages you may intend to pass on, but also those relating to your faith, and the source of your strength.

Know that it is not usually the believers task to convince by ones own oratory, but to enable the Spirit to speak through him.

A doubter convinced against his will remains a doubter still.

Yes! We are to preach Christ and Him Raised to all nations! However, we can mistake our own zeal for the leading of the Lord.

If you feel led to witness the resurrection to someone I would advise to prepare:

By searching ones own heart, and by prayer but also by knowing and internalizing Gods word. Not only those passages you may intend to pass on, but also those relating to your faith, and the source of your strength.

Know that it is not usually the believers task to convince by ones own oratory, but to enable the Spirit to speak through him.

A doubter convinced against his will remains a doubter still.

[1Pe 3:15 KJV]

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Saint..

Most unbelievers believe that God is angry with them.
Very very few actually believe He does not exit, and because they fear His anger, they wish that he didnt exit.
This is why they turn to Science or false religion, or paganism...... or to anything to try to "get that angry God away from me"...
This is why they will try to believe that "the grave is the end"....as..... if that were true then there would be no eternal Judge waiting for them when they die, as a Christ rejector.
That's scary, and that is why they are afraid to die.

So, the "good news" is......God is not angry with them.
"For God so loved US ALL, (the world) that He GAVE".......Jesus to us, and for us.
In fact, God looked down from the Cross into the eyes of the mocking Haters who enjoyed Him being nailed to the Cross, and what did God do?
He loved them from those bloody nails. He prayed for them from that bloody Cross, and He forgave them, then died for them.

So, its that God that we have to share in this world.
And that's the best thing to offer, of all.
And its good to know that what we have to offer IS what they really want & need,... but they dont understand it,........ till they do.

"faith comes BY hearing".

Try to think of witnessing, not as...>"well, what if i forget what to say"....but instead...."i have all God's love to give them, and they need it so much".
Reader, they want God's love.

If you are ever stuck in a situation where you are trying to talk to someone about the Lord, and its just not happening...
Here is the rescue., and its fool proof.

Say......" ive enjoyed talking to you, and before i leave, would you mind if i prayed for you"
This calms their heart.
They will say "yes." "sure"
Then say, is there anything special you need from God...??
Put it like that so that they can see Him, through you, as not angry,..... but in fact. wanting to Help.
God is a Present HELP in time of trouble and all unbelievers are in trouble... John 3:36
Then when they tell you about the fact that """""their rent is late, and their teen daughter is in trouble.... and their husband is out of work...""
You pray for all this, and you begin by saying...."Father i thank you for showing (insert their name) your love......let them know you love them......and then, hit the need, and make it short as you are not trying to teach them how good you are at praying...

And, before you go, Hug them if this feels right in your Spirit, and of course write them a check to help out that Rent issue, if possible.
Or take them to your ATM.
"be doers of the word".
"give to the poor'.

Saint..

Most unbelievers believe that God is angry with them.
Very very few actually believe He does not exit, and because they fear His anger, they wish that he didnt exit.
This is why they turn to Science or false religion, or paganism...... or to anything to try to "get that angry God away from me"...
This is why they will try to believe that "the grave is the end"....as..... if that were true then there would be no eternal Judge waiting for them when they die, as a Christ rejector.
That's scary, and that is why they are afraid to die.

So, the "good news" is......God is not angry with them.
"For God so loved US ALL, (the world) that He GAVE".......Jesus to us, and for us.
In fact, God looked down from the Cross into the eyes of the mocking Haters who enjoyed Him being nailed to the Cross, and what did God do?
He loved them from those bloody nails. He prayed for them from that bloody Cross, and He forgave them, then died for them.

So, its that God that we have to share in this world.
And that's the best thing to offer, of all.
And its good to know that what we have to offer IS what they really want & need,... but they dont understand it,........ till they do.

"faith comes BY hearing".

Try to think of witnessing, not as...>"well, what if i forget what to say"....but instead...."i have all God's love to give them, and they need it so much".
Reader, they want God's love.

If you are ever stuck in a situation where you are trying to talk to someone about the Lord, and its just not happening...
Here is the rescue., and its fool proof.

Say......" ive enjoyed talking to you, and before i leave, would you mind if i prayed for you"
This calms their heart.
They will say "yes." "sure"
Then say, is there anything special you need from God...??
Put it like that so that they can see Him, through you, as not angry,..... but in fact. wanting to Help.
God is a Present HELP in time of trouble and all unbelievers are in trouble... John 3:36
Then when they tell you about the fact that """""their rent is late, and their teen daughter is in trouble.... and their husband is out of work...""
You pray for all this, and you begin by saying...."Father i thank you for showing (insert their name) your love......let them know you love them......and then, hit the need, and make it short as you are not trying to teach them how good you are at praying...

And, before you go, Hug them if this feels right in your Spirit, and of course write them a check to help out that Rent issue, if possible.
Or take them to your ATM.
"be doers of the word".
"give to the poor'.

I can remember feeling somewhat like that... I did believe there was a God... but due to the preaching at the church I went to when I was very young, all they seemed to focus on was "hellfire & brimstone" preaching... -fear. So it made me feel like God was really just mean and angry & just looking for excuses to torture people. To this day, I still have issues with that style of preaching. It is not how we are taught in the biblical examples from the new testament. It always made me feel like God ONLY loved his chosen people of Israel, and that everyone else was just doomed... (I was VERY young and didn't understand.)
Anyway- I used to think that I wouldn't be held accountable for the things that I didn't know about... and that is what kept me distant from God. (fear of punishment for not being good enough). I thought that as long as I didn't know what God expected of me, then he wouldn't find me "guilty"... you know, pretty much like the "ignorance is bliss" mentality.
I am thankful that those thoughts were wrong, and that God loves us.
I used to not understand what the new testament really was... I just thought that since men could not possibly live perfectly to God's standards, that the men simply changed/altered the "rules" and decided that the old testament wasn't really relevant. -I had no idea!
It wasn't until a very sweet and Godly lady from work really explained Christ to me that I began to 'get it". I will forever be grateful for her truly sharing the gospel with me... it was the first time that I really "heard" it.

Back