Godly Miracles, Signs, And Wonders

Look, when folks start changing the clear and evident meaning of words in scripture, based upon "God told me"-"pray and God will tell you too", then they proceed to act as if they are a teacher of the truth? I like to test such folks.. and expose them for what they are. Now to this point, I find no reason to believe that God "told you" anything as it relates to being "born-again", which is a teaching that goes to the very heart of true Christianity. In fact if you look at Nicodemus reply to the Lord, it is clear the word used by the Lord is BORN-AGAIN.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

So no, God did not speak to you on this issue as you have stated, and please don't try that sort of nonsense on me again.

We must begin by using context of the scriptures.
BORN (gennao): to be conceived; begotten; to come out of the womb.

AGAIN (anothen): from above; from God.

When does a person "come out" of a womb: is it not after nine months? (Somebody is going to want to say: "SEE! Brother Villa is now saying that you have to go to church for nine months before you can be a christian!") Nicodemus understood the Lord, for he asked, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he reenter his mother's womb, and be born?" The Lord Jesus was not speaking on "coming out of the womb", but being conceived of God.
A man is conceived of God, so that he may see His kingdom and "...choose therefore life, that both you and your seed may live."

We must begin by using context of the scriptures.
BORN (gennao): to be conceived; begotten; to come out of the womb.

AGAIN (anothen): from above; from God.

When does a person "come out" of a womb: is it not after nine months? (Somebody is going to want to say: "SEE! Brother Villa is now saying that you have to go to church for nine months before you can be a christian!") Nicodemus understood the Lord, for he asked, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he reenter his mother's womb, and be born?" The Lord Jesus was not speaking on "coming out of the womb", but being conceived of God.
A man is conceived of God, so that he may see His kingdom and "...choose therefore life, that both you and your seed may live."
You quote the very words: and then deny they mean what they clearly mean... and expect others to go along with your error? What did the Lord say? that which is "born" of the flesh is flesh and that which is "born" of the Spirit is spirit. "Born"- not conceived as a process of a religious system, which I wonder if that "religious system" is what you are really trying to defend with all this changing the meaning and context of words? Are you in fact trying to defend your tradition and a "system" of salvation? I cannot see that your motives could be any other than to attempt to pervert the clear reading of the scriptures to attempt to defend your traditions.

You quote the very words: and then deny they mean what they clearly mean... and expect others to go along with your error? What did the Lord say? that which is "born" of the flesh is flesh and that which is "born" of the Spirit is spirit. "Born"- not conceived as a process of a religious system, which I wonder if that "religious system" is what you are really trying to defend with all this changing the meaning and context of words? Are you in fact trying to defend your tradition and a "system" of salvation? I cannot see that your motives could be any other than to attempt to pervert the clear reading of the scriptures to attempt to defend your traditions.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jn. 3:3
__ "You must be born (conceived) again (from above)..." to be able to see (perceive, understand, discern) God's kingdom.
Jn. 3:5 __ "...born of water and of the SPIRIT..." to enter into God's kingdom.
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit, is Spirit." We were born in a body of flesh, and have desired the things that pertain to the flesh. But we were conceived by the Word (Spirit), and now desire the things that are spiritual...
Jn. 3:7 __ "Marvel not that I say unto you that you must be conceived from above."
Jn. 3:8 __ "The wind blows where it lists, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes nor where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."
The world hears our (the Church's) words, but cannot understand our speech. Those who are born only of their parents (flesh) cannot understand those who have been born of the Spirit (from above).

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit, is Spirit." We were born in a body of flesh, and have desired the things that pertain to the flesh. But we were conceived by the Word (Spirit), and now desire the things that are spiritual...
Jn. 3:7 __ "Marvel not that I say unto you that you must be conceived from above."
Jn. 3:8 __ "The wind blows where it lists, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes nor where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."
The world hears our (the Church's) words, but cannot understand our speech. Those who are born only of their parents (flesh) cannot understand those who have been born of the Spirit (from above).
I see now "the church" lol Does even your "church" attempt to change these words as you have? What "church" are you trying to defend, so that I might get their reading of this passage? You may well be in conflict with the "church" you think you are defending?
If so, are YOU not "hearing" the "church's" words? lol

I see now "the church" lol Does even your "church" attempt to change these words as you have? What "church" are you trying to defend, so that I might get their reading of this passage? You may well be in conflict with the "church" you think you are defending?
If so, are YOU not "hearing" the "church's" words? lol

I am referring to the Church of the Lord Jesus: the one who has heard the voice of the "...Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world...". Sad that you refuse to listen to His words...but its not because He has not tried to reach you.

I was far, far from being saved, or even close to repenting. I was sinning, and on my way to a party to sin some more. I came to a railroad crossing as the RR lights came on. There was a train heading EAST, and I was anxious to cross the tracks to head to the party. I kept looking, and finally saw the “caboose” drawing close with its red light on top; and I started revving the engine of my car. As the caboose passed by me, I was about to step on the gas and cross the RR tracks when a very loud “voice” inside my head yelled, “STOP!” I slammed on the brakes, and another train going WEST sped past me. I failed to see that train because the train going east had blocked my view.

I am referring to the Church of the Lord Jesus: the one who has heard the voice of the "...Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world...". Sad that you refuse to listen to His words...but its not because He has not tried to reach you.
So because I reject "your" misguided attempts to change the scriptures, you now attempt to question my salvation in some way?
No, my friend, I suggest you make sure that you are indeed "born-again" for if you where, you would never question and attempt to pervert these scriptures as you have.

So because I reject "your" misguided attempts to change the scriptures, you now attempt to question my salvation in some way?
No, my friend, I suggest you make sure that you are indeed "born-again" for if you where, you would never question and attempt to pervert these scriptures as you have.

Beloved, I'm truly sorry you feel that way. But the Lord Jesus would not lie to anyone: and He did not lie to me. You will believe what you will, as I will: and each of us is responsible before the Lord.
May the Peace of the Lord be in you.

Beloved, I'm truly sorry you feel that way. But the Lord Jesus would not lie to anyone: and He did not lie to me. You will believe what you will, as I will: and each of us is responsible before the Lord.
May the Peace of the Lord be in you.
No but the devil would lie to you, and he always starts the conversation "did God really say"

I have not let you get away with it, that's what makes you lash out at me.
I am "born-again" I hope you understand this one day.
Who is denying that you are "born again"? Do you really perceive, discern the kingdom of God? Really? Then why are you refusing to recognize that there is an "entering into" the kingdom? You write like you are born against!

Who is denying that you are "born again"? Do you really perceive, discern the kingdom of God? Really? Then why are you refusing to recognize that there is an "entering into" the kingdom? You write like you are born against!
You have denied the very term, my point being the term is known by those who have the new birth, who have in fact experienced the rebirth and union with Christ. Now I would not know salvation apart from this experience of the new birth, wherein the Holy Spirit comes and indwells the believer. I cannot imagine that one could consider themselves a "Christian" without this witness?
1Co 3:16 ¶ Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

This is when one is "born-again" when they receive the Spirit of God, this is life-changing moment and all those who are born-again know very well why the term is used by the Lord.

http://ebible.com/query?utf=8✓&quer...ttp://www.christianforumsite.com/pages/bible/

Mitspa:

I Cor. 3:16
; Rom. 8:11, and Jn. 3:7 __ refer to those who have received the promise of the Holy Spirit because they have believed and obeyed the gospel that saves. In essence, they have been "...born of the water and of the Spirit...", and have entered into the kingdom of God.
Jn. 3:3 __ declares that they who have been conceived of God by His word are able to see (discern, perceive, understand) the kingdom of God in able to make a choice to "...choose therefore life, that both you and your seed may live."
Who is it that believes? He who hears the commandment and obeys; or he that rebels against the commandment?

Mitspa:

I Cor. 3:16
; Rom. 8:11, and Jn. 3:7 __ refer to those who have received the promise of the Holy Spirit because they have believed and obeyed the gospel that saves. In essence, they have been "...born of the water and of the Spirit...", and have entered into the kingdom of God.
Jn. 3:3 __ declares that they who have been conceived of God by His word are able to see (discern, perceive, understand) the kingdom of God in able to make a choice to "...choose therefore life, that both you and your seed may live."
Who is it that believes? He who hears the commandment and obeys; or he that rebels against the commandment?
My friend, not sure you understand "obedience" is the obedience of faith, there is no other obedience in the gospel... whatsoever is not of faith, is sin.
The law is not of faith.

Ro 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Now what "obedience" do you claim, other than faith?

My friend, not sure you understand "obedience" is the obedience of faith, there is no other obedience in the gospel... whatsoever is not of faith, is sin.
The law is not of faith.
Ro 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
Now what "obedience" do you claim, other than faith?

Are you saying, then, that the Law is sin?
God instituted the Law to convince us of sin: but said we should live by it. Now because we could not love by the Law, we were brought under sin. But Jesus fulfilled the Law for man, and now we have received the power "...to become the sons of God, [even] to them who believe in His NAME."
But I am referring to the faith through which we receive grace and are saved. Nevertheless, the context of Rom. 16:26-26 __ is also referring to the gospel that has now been revealed "...to all nations for the obedience of faith." Faith in what? Faith in the gospel! Faith is not mentioned alone: it is a result of the gospel that saves.

As I argued with God (I didn’t know His NAME at the time), asking Him why He didn’t answer me, He revealed all my sins to me in a scroll that unraveled on the floor before me. I was convinced there and then that He was God; for no one could know those sins but me. In that same night, God revealed the crucifixion of Jesus; and the soldier, as he was about to pierce the Lord’s side with a spear. My body was asleep, but my spirit was awake. I was about to jump up and stop the soldier, when I heard a voice say, “STOP! It has to happen.” I woke up crying, and confessed my sins to God.

Are you saying, then, that the Law is sin?
God instituted the Law to convince us of sin: but said we should live by it. Now because we could not love by the Law, we were brought under sin. But Jesus fulfilled the Law for man, and now we have received the power "...to become the sons of God, [even] to them who believe in His NAME."
But I am referring to the faith through which we receive grace and are saved. Nevertheless, the context of Rom. 16:26-26 __ is also referring to the gospel that has now been revealed "...to all nations for the obedience of faith." Faith in what? Faith in the gospel! Faith is not mentioned alone: it is a result of the gospel that saves.
In no way, but it is the strength of sin and produces sinful lust in all those who are under the yoke of legalism. Those in these legalist groups are always the most sinful of people. They hide it just as the Pharisee, yet in the dark places they are very wicked, even beyond the heathen. Any who "claims" they are living by the law is really not alive at all, but they are consumed in wickedness, hypocrisy and every sort of evil.

Back