Gods image

Trinity

:bible:
The trinity is simply God in His three forms. God in the spirit in Heaven (Father), God in the flesh on earth (Jesus), God in the spirit on earth (Holy Spirit/Comforter):

Ex 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me (one). (Me – Singular)

Ge 1:26
26 And God said, Let us (all three) make man in our (all three) image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (our, us – plural)
KJV

Jn 1:1,14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word (two) was God (one).
14 And the Word was made flesh (two), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

Word = God, and Word = Flesh(Jesus), then God = Jesus

Jn 10:30
30 I (two) and my Father (one) are one.
KJV

Jn 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost (three), whom the Father (one) will send in my name (two), he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
KJV

One other note. "...Let us (all three) make man in our (all three) image..." image here is not saying exactly as God...we are not gods. It is saying (like or similar to) in spirit.
:)

URL=http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadhorseng1.gif]
deadhorseng1.th.gif
[/URL]

The Question of the Trinity would be answered, If God had two feet, by the question, can He use those two feet to be in three places at the same time????

And the Answer would be Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

:bible:

:funnypost:

i don,t get your third departure bit?2 testaments in 1 book.
I was referring to His death of 2 days(first departure followed by His resurection on the third day-not really a departure, but He was not with His desciples durring those two days) and then His ascention(2nd departure).Anyway, that was just a question.
You posted John 16:4-"But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you-"
I think maybe you meant verse 7
John 16:7- "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."
Maybe this is the verse you meant? Is it impossible for the Comforter to come if Jesus did not depart? Or is it simply God's will that one preseeds the other?

Here in the following verses from the same chapter 16 of John, Jesus clearly makes a destinction between Himself and the Holy Ghost and The Father
13 "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you."

This can be summed up much easier than people try to explain. Jesus himself in John 10:30 I and the father are one. not two, not three, but one. The Jews even try to stone him for saying that ,he, a mere man, claims to be God. The Jews understood Jesus to be calling himself God. They said so right there in the text that that is why they were going to stone him. again in John 8:57-59 Jesus claims to be the "I am" Who is the only one who claims to be "I am"? God . When God tells Moses who he is he says "I am". Jesus says "I tell you this, before Abraham was born "I AM"

John 1:1-14 It says that in the beginning was the word and the word was with god and the word WAS GOD. He was with god in the beginning. through him all things were made; without him nothing was made.

skip down to John 1:14 and we read : The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. We have seen his glory the glory of the one and only, who came from the father, full of grace and truth.

This is plain as Day. The word was god. The word was made flesh. It dosent take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. It goes as far as saying NOTHING was made without the Word. well, since the word was god that makes alot of sence. If you dont believe in the Trinity, that means you are worshipping a man, not God. In order to worship Jesus, you have to believe in the Trinity because Jesus has to be God for us to worship him. God himself that you shall have no other gods before me. Jesus is God so therfore we worship him.

Gods spirit was in jesus.jesus is the son of God ,God says from above this is my son,with whom i,am very pleased.jesus tells us that he can judge because 2 were together,as 1.in 1 body father and son.very difficult to understand but very true.:jesus-sign:

somebody has got to tell truths.to quote trinity as a word is wrong,and to teach it is also wrong.to have a reason ,or theory great,but to force it on others no thanx.the bible means lots of things with lots of meanings.1 persons views doesn,t mean it,s correct.

To deny the diety of Christ is to cut the heart out of the entire Bible.

I love you Mike but other than your anagrams you do not have a leg to stand on regarding this issue.

Perhaps we are spaking a different language brother. What is wrong with describing the three manifestations of God given to us in the scriptures?

Mike believing in a triune God or three manifestations of one God does not imply anything but salvation by the shed blood of Christ.

"I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)

"what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? Do no believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." (John 10:36-38)

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:58)

It seems that Jesus makes things pretty clear. he appears to be saying that he is God's son, but a part of God. He is on the same level as God. Here's another quote fromt the side of the pharisees.

-For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. (John 5:18)

What do you have against the trinity smellycat? Do you not think that Jesus is God? I believe that he is God's son, but I also believe he is a part of God. The same goes for the Holy Spirit. I believe it is a part of God. I believe in the trinity, but I think that Jesus and the Holy Spirit stem from the Father, but that is just my impression based on what I have read.

Trinity

There are many reasons people do not want to believe in the Trinity. For one, it is one of those mind benders. But if you are not too lazy, you should dig into scripture, look in the index and see what you come up with. That is if you really want to know.

Amen. Bonnie the mother, Bonnie the daughter, Bonnie the sister.

Back