God's Judgements Upon the West Because of a Hand Full of People?

No Scripture here, only man made reasoning from "behavioral scientists."

My autonomy, self-expression, and pursuit of personal goals led me AWAY from God as a youth.

As an INDIVIDUAL, I thought I didn't NEED God, I had ME MYSELF AND I.

THE INDIVIDUAL.

Rand was the most ardent individualist of the 20th century.

She was an ATHEIST!
Individualism can be led by evil or good. The motivation that is leading individualism is the key. I can make a case for individualism in the Bible.

David, individually standing up against Goliath when all around him the men were cowering.

Daniel stood out as an individual, breaking the law by praying to God in the view of others.

Noah built the ark at God's direction while having to put up with the ridicule of others and having no physical proof that the giant boat would really be needed.

Abram left his family and home to settle in Canaan without any guarantees that he would be successful.

Apostle Paul was as individualistic as it gets, breaking from the traditions of the Jews in following the law, causing disturbances throughout the Roman empire, getting beaten and imprisoned for not following what those in power wanted.

These are examples of individualism that are properly led by God. There are other examples of individualism led by Satan or just man's own desire. Jonah comes to mind for this.

So you see, the motivation for the individualism is what is important when discussing this and I think Major was referring to the God led individualism in his posts.

Thank you for your words and may I say that the check is in the mail!!!;)

To add to your post, just as Old Testament believers aren’t part of the Church, neither are Tribulation believers. And a careful reading of Rev. 9:7-19 shows that the destiny of these believers is much different from the Church.

They’re specifically described as serving God in His Temple, and yet they are never called priests. This is a role never ascribed to the Church. In fact there is no Temple in the New Jerusalem, home of the church. Also there’s no mention of the saints in Rev. 7 ever ruling and reigning with Christ as is the Church’s destiny.

Ephesians 2:14-17 clearly portrays the Church as an entirely new and unique race of human, different from any other, with a future designed to show just how far God can go in lavishing His grace upon us. In my opinion, we don’t hear anywhere near enough on this subject from the pulpit and I would say that very few believers have even contemplated its meaning.

Now.......WHY is there a separation???? This is MY personal opinion but I think that it comes down to the fact that
During the Church Age, today........God asks people to believe solely by faith and promises blessings beyond those of any other group to those who do. But once Daniel’s 70th week begins, God’s supernatural power will once again be on display for all to see. During that time belief in Him will be as much by evidence as by faith, like it was in the Old Testament. Believing in what you see is not as commendable to God as is believing what you don’t see, hence the different destiny of Tribulation believers from that of the Church.

Your reasoning for what seems logical as to the separation between the two groups is precisely what I was thinking. Those who die as saints in the Tribulation will be among those who are indeed rewarded differently because they waited until after the start of the revelation of Jesus Christ in the Tribulation to seek out salvation when they had the opportunity before that revelation.

There is also the matter of babies and young children that I will not go into given that many would find it all most disturbing. This, among many other items of doctrine, show that God's Sovereignty is so great that it is not subject to human emotions within those who want a god who is under their control rather than for Him to be Sovereign.

MM

Here's another opportunity for everyone to exercise critical thinking skills:

It's a very popular belief among so many popular, well-known preachers and their followers that God is going to punish all of America for the evils on her soil perpetrated by only a hand full of people. They've gone so far as to include all of the West in general, even though the hand full of people who have the loudest voice in media, and the media giants themselves, can be directly targeted by the Lord's perfect justice in order to bring about their downfall!

It's almost as if those who profess belief in Christ are of the mind that, because believers in general are not taking up a sword and slicing off the ears of the "temple guards" AND the purveyors of wickedness, that God is therefore going to throw His Church into the swirling pool of His "judgement upon America!"

Let's see now, what is it that we can read in scripture that these famous and popular preachers and their followers fail to see and to admit for fear of thinking that God is OTHER than what they assume:

Genesis 18:23, 25
23 And Abraham came near and said, "Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked? ...
25 "Far be it from You to do such a thing as this, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous should be as the wicked; far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

Abraham was not struck dead for daring to declare what is right, especially the the very One who is always right, in all things!

Ah, but, then, the purveyors of their own understanding of God will say that He simply sits back and lets evil take its natural course, and therefore the horrors that come upon the righteous are the consequences of evil rather than it all bring a matter of the Lord intentionally doing the destruction by His own Hand...

Is not God Sovereign over all? Did not the Lord take total responsibility for His allowance for the fall of man into sin by sending His only begotten Son as a means by which ALL of mankind could escape the penalties of sin? How, then, can anyone assume the Lord is going to allow the consequences of evil to overtake, swallow up and destroy His Church in the West?

Again, I can hear the voices now..."But the church has failed to hold back the tide of those evil forces..."

Frankly, that's such a limited and inferior view of what the Church truly is within this universe. The Church is not churches...you know, those man-made things most call "the church." Those things that are called "the church" are indeed failing to retain the influence they once enjoyed. That alone demonstrates to the observant on-looker that what mankind creates stands or falls on the basis of the strength of man's own arm, not that of the Lord.

The Church was called to be...what?

Salt and light, not a sword of force against the wicked and evil hearts out there who, at times, gain the high ground of popularity and voice in media.

Do you see what's really going on? The enemy of our souls loves his narrative being the dominant theme in sermons, Christian radio and television, publications, and live speaking to audiences from pulpits! He wants the saltiness and brightness of the light of the Church (who are His people rather than those organizations) to simply give in to the cesspool of negative-ism, gloom and doom of modern, "Christian" media and sermons. This is our opportunity to shine and be the savor of salt to a world of darkness that is lacking in savor.

So, is not God fully capable of bringing down "fire" upon those who are the creators and purveyors of this kind of rubbish, as well as those who place this trash on the shelves of libraries for children to read? Is not God able to take down all the politicians, coucels, boards and media giant owners who stand against the removal of this kind of trash?

I lift up my hands of praise unto the One who does have the Power and Might to lead and fight this battle on our behalf!

This brings to my mind: Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
So if God is putting certain people in charge of government, then when the laws change and economies fall, does not God play a part in harming Christians in that indirect way?

I like hearing you expound on ideas and questions like this.

This brings to my mind: Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
So if God is putting certain people in charge of government, then when the laws change and economies fall, does not God play a part in harming Christians in that indirect way?

BM, I've meandered down this avenue of thought as well, and have contemplated this to varying degrees over time. Given that the "ways" of the Lord are beyond finding out, we can look back through history and see some indicators, but even then, our vantagepoint is limited. For example, we can see so very little of all the great and wondrous things God does on a daily, and even moment by moment, basis in the lives of His people, and the lives of the wicked, and even in the weather and waves of the oceans.

What I'm getting at is this: In the historic events when the Lord brought down nations through their leadership changes or whatever other scenarios that played out, in those tossing seas of turmoil and devastation, the Most High was completely mindful of His people, and took every individual where He wanted them, whether it was prison camps, dungeons, and even death, total deliverance, they all were on the receiving end of the promises the Lord made to all who are truly His:

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to [His] purpose.

So, there are all those many, many events of national scale under which many a member of the body of Christ were subjected, but we ALL, throughout the centuries since that promise was first penned, and beyond, have that hope.

The indirect results, then, of the things the Lord does to move even nations into the place where He wants them, the faithful people of the Lord were delivered, provided for, comforted in the most dire of outcomes, et al, they ALL had the realization of that promise, and others, throughout all the written word of our Lord, that He always sees to His own...speaking of the same Lord who takes notice of even the sparrows when they hop along the ground...He's there through it all.

Now, the target of my treatise, however, was aimed more toward the direct strike zone of the Lord's judgements. When it strikes, it is not aimed at His faithful. Those gloom-n-doomers out there who think themselves qualified to speak for the Lord as to what He is going to do within the scope of our lives, all based upon the past...no. They know nothing other than what they think they see, which is little to nothing! They slobber, spit and vomit all over themselves to spew their messages of destruction rather than to build up and edify the Church, speaking life into the lives of their listeners, for there is hope even when there's destruction all around us:

Psalm 91:1-16
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "[He is] my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler [And] from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth [shall be your] shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, [Nor] of the arrow [that] flies by day,
6 [Nor] of the pestilence [that] walks in darkness, [Nor] of the destruction [that] lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; [But] it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the LORD, [who is] my refuge, [Even] the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
12 In [their] hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I [will be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation."

Did the Lord apply all the promises in this section to all believers in the years and centuries past? No. Many died, and they who were and are the Lord's, died without any sting of death, because as Paul asked, "Oh death, where is they sting?" Passage away from the struggles in this life is not at all a bad thing. Our perspective here is not what we will have once having passed through that veil. There is no defeat in death except for those who pass on without their sins having been laid upon Christ for their absolute atonement and redemption.

In the final analysis, however, we are still standing upon a very solid and unmoving foundation of revelation from great men like Abraham and His conversation with the Lord, Paul, Peter, James and many others throughout. Even if we are affected by the adjacent lightning strike not aimed at us specifically, there is shelter, deliverance and/or the power of perseverance through it all that is offered to no others who live by the strength of their own arms.

In the tribulation, however, things will be much different than now. The reward for the saints of the Tribulation will be different from those who go before, wither in death or the Rapture. All who are in Christ, however, will be with Him, and that's the chief goal, is it not, and to store up treasure there?

Oh, my, there is so much more I could say on this, digging into the depths of history, the Bible, and prophecies, but I thank you for your thoughtfulness in your question. I very much appreciate it.

Blessings to you, yours and all others here.

MM

Your reasoning for what seems logical as to the separation between the two groups is precisely what I was thinking. Those who die as saints in the Tribulation will be among those who are indeed rewarded differently because they waited until after the start of the revelation of Jesus Christ in the Tribulation to seek out salvation when they had the opportunity before that revelation.

There is also the matter of babies and young children that I will not go into given that many would find it all most disturbing. This, among many other items of doctrine, show that God's Sovereignty is so great that it is not subject to human emotions within those who want a god who is under their control rather than for Him to be Sovereign.

MM
Scary to think like me............isnt it????

Well, allow me to ask you this....was Jerusalem in Romes control when Jesus was crucified? YES!
Was His crucifixion an evil deed?........................................................................................................................YES!
Was it ordained by God before the foundation of the world was laid?...............................................YES!
Was it committed by evil men with blood on their hands?.......................................................................YES!
Did God redeem that evil act so that the very blood on their hands could then save them?......YES!
Now fast forward 2000 years to today.
Is God Sovereign?..........................................................................................................................................................YES!
Do we have choices in who we vote for?..............................................................................................................YES!
Are WE held responsible for our choices in life?................................................................................................YES!
Does God's Sovereignty give us the license to make poor/wrong choices?............................................NO!

Back