Greetings From A Seeker

Hello CFS!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a "baby" Christian who came here looking for a community of other dedicated Christians. I personally have not been raised in the church and I am looking for a place where more experienced Christians can help me learn more about the amazing gift that is God.

Anyways, I would relish knowing anything you think would be important for a new Christian to learn, consider and any books (other than the OT and NT of course) which helped you on your journey. I would especially love to hear from the women here!!!

It's very nice to meet you all and I look forward to a really enlightening time here! - Cairn

Howdy, The best advice I can give you is too #1 Read your Bible, #2 Pray/ meditate on the Word #3 FELLOWSHIP in a Bible believing Church.

Nice to have you aboard...!

Thank you very much for your well wishes, Rust and DRS.

Rusty, I am looking for a "guide" on how to be the best Christian I can. Having lived as a non-Christian for the last 18 years of my life I am not sure how to start going about life in a way that would strengthen my relationship with God. Does that make any sense? Anyways, I am just looking for something to use in place of a more experienced mentor (until I perhaps find one) to help me along with the every day and the bigger picture.

Once again...hoping this makes sense!

-cairn

Really the best thing you can do is get involved with a local Bible believing Church that has outreach ministries whether it be a youth/ bus ministry, hospital, nursing home, prison visitation, soul winning campaigns, etc... A bored, lonely, ineffective Christian loses interest fast-especially when you are newly reborn.

When scoping out Churches (I am partial to Baptist, grew up in a Presbyterian...), look at their 'Statement of Faith' (some churches have other names for it-but they will know what you mean-OR SHOULD!) .

The #1 thing you should look for is their stance on Salvation-if it does not line up with scripture-then you probably want to move on. A lot of "churches' believe in 'works' centered salvation: this is not Biblical.

Hey little buddy looking for that mustard seed of faith, who ever you are or not at this moment, I am open to anything you want to throw at me.

Back