Have I Commited The Unforgivable Sin? I Am So Worried And Confused.

Guys, can we stop doing this? Polly has said she has been diagnosed with something within the Autism spectrum and has been told she is an "indigo child" (which is something parents of autistic children often do when they cannot face the autism diagnosis).

Polly's issues are clinical and need to be dealt with as such (unless we're being trolled). We may be doing her more harm than good on this forum.

Excellant point! We now know by her own words that there isn issue involved that may or may not need some clinical help.

I agree with my friends here and that is you need to seek out some help from clinical experts.

How do I know if a demon is actually making me say bad things and doubt Christianity? That could be the reason, but I don't see or hear the demons, but sometimes I feel like there is a certain "unwanted guest" around me. And also, is blasphemy actually always insulting AND rejecting at the same time, or can it be just saying bad things and/or blaming sometimes? But the blaming is caused by the confusion and misunderstanding and sometimes anger, and I say bad things on my mind intentionally BUT accidentally.

Today I also found out I just misunderstood things and I was confused too, but is it still too late? :( I repent a lot, and the repenting causes me depression.

And I hope no one bans me because I am serious and honest, but I am a VERY insecure but curious person that worries a lot.

Last edited:
How do I know if a demon is actually making me say bad things and doubt Christianity? That could be the reason, but I don't see or hear the demons, but sometimes I feel like there is a certain "unwanted guest" around me. And also, is blasphemy actually always insulting AND rejecting at the same time, or can it be just saying bad things and/or blaming sometimes? But the blaming is caused by the confusion and misunderstanding and sometimes anger, and I say bad things on my mind intentionally BUT accidentally.

Today I also found out I just misunderstood things and I was confused too, but is it still too late? :( I repent a lot, and the repenting causes me depression.

And I hope no one bans me because I am serious and honest, but I am a VERY insecure but curious person that worries a lot.

Before modern psychology, people with mental illness were often labeled as being "possessed". I agree with the other people here that while a priest can help you in matters of faith, you need a psychologist who understands autism and how it affects your thoughts and behavior. They will help you find a solution to the confusion you're experiencing and also give you some perspective on the nature of the mind. You probably aren't possessed, but that doesn't mean it's your fault for having disturbing thoughts. Every human being thinks about things that are immoral once in a while, but whether we act on them is really what separates moral people and those without a moral compass. Just because you think something doesn't mean you believe it.

Wait, I just found out that a demon is making me say bad things on my mind and making me doubt. When I read the Bible, I get my mind and thought more clear and better, and my priest maybe prayed about me, and his prayers helped me a lot... So a demon made me think about bad things and doubt... And I am intelligent and very clever, so I know what's happening. Because I would NEVER hurt the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is VERY important to me.

Wait, I just found out that a demon is making me say bad things on my mind and making me doubt. When I read the Bible, I get my mind and thought more clear and better, and my priest maybe prayed about me, and his prayers helped me a lot... So a demon made me think about bad things and doubt... And I am intelligent and very clever, so I know what's happening. Because I would NEVER hurt the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is VERY important to me.

There aren't any demons, polly. If a person makes a mistake and says things that they regret, it doesn't make them a bad person as long as they are aware it was wrong and ask for forgiveness. I'm sure you are clever and intelligent, maybe so much that you are able to convince yourself that demons are the culprit. Get a second opinion from a different priest, try to rule everything else out before you conclude that the problem is demon possession.

dear polly,
you're trying to figure out evil and righteousness
you and God and the devil
forget it!!!
it ain't gonna happen.

just humble yourself
and give the mess that is your life
to Jesus Christ.
come to Jesus as a child
not as an intellectual
trust Him
and for God's sake don't trust yourself
you'll let yourself down for sure!!

if you're worried you committed the unpardonable sin
you didn't.
when you commit the unpardonable sin
the Holy Spirit will leave your life
and you'll have no more conviction
or desire to honor God.

So I was thinking and saying intentionally but still accidentally something bad on my mind about the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, and God, because I was very confused and depressed of everything and I didn't have any idea that the Holy Spirit is not doing the things I don't like. And I was very confused and I really thought that the sins mean prohibitions, and I was just depressed and a bit angry because it's too hard to not lust, feel, have emotions, watch some movies and series, listen to some music, see and hear some content, eat some food ingredients, be a fangirl, have premarital sex, masturbate, and other things that are considered normal... And also, I don't even know anything about Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, and God because I am not in Heaven yet, and I am not dead either... So I am just confused...

Will I still be forgiven? Because I was only very confused and worried.

Also, the demonic possession actually made me do these things, so will I still be forgiven? It was not really me doing these things... And I swear that I was also very confused because I am not dead or in Heaven yet, so I don't know things... But now I know that God is the good one, and Jesus Christ is the good one, and the Holy Spirit is a good spirit. And I feel bad for saying bad things about the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, and God on my mind, because I was just very confused. I don't even understand that why would I ever say intentionally bad things on my mind, but they were still accidentally because I was just confused and possessed.

The sin which shall not be forgiven is to not believe. We which believe have turned away from putting our trust into the hands of sin, and turned unto God for our trust. But apostasy is when we would turn away from putting our trust into the hands of God back into the hands of sin, which is unbelieving. The just may fall several times, but shall rise right back up into their sincere trust in God, and no trust in sin: but it is the wicked [those in unbelief] who are the ones that when they fall, they fall into mischief. (Proverbs 24:16)

There aren't any demons, polly. If a person makes a mistake and says things that they regret, it doesn't make them a bad person as long as they are aware it was wrong and ask for forgiveness. I'm sure you are clever and intelligent, maybe so much that you are able to convince yourself that demons are the culprit. Get a second opinion from a different priest, try to rule everything else out before you conclude that the problem is demon possession.

Then why do the priests' prayers help my mind, and why does reading the Bible make my mind and thoughts more clear and better?

if you're worried you committed the unpardonable sin
you didn't.
when you commit the unpardonable sin
the Holy Spirit will leave your life
and you'll have no more conviction
or desire to honor God.

You mean that if I committed the unpardonable sin, I will automatically stop wanting to be Christian without manually making myself stop wanting?

You mean that if I committed the unpardonable sin, I will automatically stop wanting to be Christian without manually making myself stop wanting?
hi polly......:)
listen, pollygirl, don't stop wanting Jesus,
no matter how confusing this time of your life gets.
as far as being a christian,
i'd leave that 'mess o pottage' to God.
just give Jesus your whole mind, strength and time
and stop worrying so much about demons.
better give that issue to God too.
they'll whip your butt and leave you howling.
stop trying to 'fix' your world.
you're a terrible savoir
and God will just have to tear your 'fix' down and start over.
give your mess to Jesus.
God knows how to orchestrate your life
so the inevitable pain we all experience
on this planet, will not be in vain.
your pain will cultivate a desperate need for God within you
and you won't be so quick to
'manually make yourself stop wanting to be a christian'
your friend, carla.....:)

I just found out that maybe it's not me saying the bad things on my mind, and here's my theory:

I have intrusive thoughts, and now lately I've lost the ability to identify if they are intrusive thoughts or not. Also, even if it feels bad that some stuff are sins, I still never said bad things on my mind about God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit before because I still had the ability to just hold the bad feeling and I still had the ability to NEVER say intentionally bad things, but now I lost the ability to never say bad things on my mind intentionally even though I would NEVER say anything bad about or to the Holy Spirit because I don't want to have a bad life and I want to go to Heaven when I die, so I think a demon (or the Devil?) is making me say bad things because I heard from my priest that the Devil or demons make people say anything bad, and the demons and the Devil always tempt people to sin... I just feel that it's not me who blasphemes the Holy Spirit, because I would never blaspheme the Holy Spirit...

And no, this is not an excuse, because I would NEVER say anything bad about or to the Holy Spirit, even if I would be angry or annoyed sometimes because it's hard to not to sin...

But some people have been praying about me, and then I get the ability to NEVER say anything bad about God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit again when people prayed about me, and when I read the Bible, I get the ability to never say anything bad about God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit also again...

But I always repent all the bad things I said on my mind about God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit even if it's not me saying the bad things on my mind...

hi polly......:)
listen, pollygirl, don't stop wanting Jesus,
no matter how confusing this time of your life gets.
as far as being a christian,
i'd leave that 'mess o pottage' to God.
just give Jesus your whole mind, strength and time
and stop worrying so much about demons.
better give that issue to God too.
they'll whip your butt and leave you howling.
stop trying to 'fix' your world.
you're a terrible savoir
and God will just have to tear your 'fix' down and start over.
give your mess to Jesus.
God knows how to orchestrate your life
so the inevitable pain we all experience
on this planet, will not be in vain.
your pain will cultivate a desperate need for God within you
and you won't be so quick to
'manually make yourself stop wanting to be a christian'
your friend, carla.....:)

I want Jesus because I NEED Jesus. He makes my life better and also, I think he accepts my romantic feelings for Severus Snape but Loki the Norse spirit which might be a demon always tried to stop me from loving Severus Snape because Loki thought that Severus might be dangerous to me because Severus is 35 years older than me and that Severus will be a Tulpa, and Loki always gave me warnings that Severus might abuse me sexually, but I never believed Loki because Loki is known as a trickster, and tricksters=demons.

Also, I asked that do people mean that if a person commits the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit sin, the person becomes automatically non-Christian or automatically stops wanting to be Christian without manually making him-/herself stop wanting to be Christian or stop being Christian?

I just found out that maybe it's not me saying the bad things on my mind, and here's my theory:

I have intrusive thoughts, and now lately I've lost the ability to identify if they are intrusive thoughts or not. Also, even if it feels bad that some stuff are sins, I still never said bad things on my mind about God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit before because I still had the ability to just hold the bad feeling and I still had the ability to NEVER say intentionally bad things, but now I lost the ability to never say bad things on my mind intentionally even though I would NEVER say anything bad about or to the Holy Spirit because I don't want to have a bad life and I want to go to Heaven when I die, so I think a demon (or the Devil?) is making me say bad things because I heard from my priest that the Devil or demons make people say anything bad, and the demons and the Devil always tempt people to sin... I just feel that it's not me who blasphemes the Holy Spirit, because I would never blaspheme the Holy Spirit...

And no, this is not an excuse, because I would NEVER say anything bad about or to the Holy Spirit, even if I would be angry or annoyed sometimes because it's hard to not to sin...

But some people have been praying about me, and then I get the ability to NEVER say anything bad about God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit again when people prayed about me, and when I read the Bible, I get the ability to never say anything bad about God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit also again...

But I always repent all the bad things I said on my mind about God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit even if it's not me saying the bad things on my mind...

I want Jesus because I NEED Jesus. He makes my life better and also, I think he accepts my romantic feelings for Severus Snape but Loki the Norse spirit which might be a demon always tried to stop me from loving Severus Snape because Loki thought that Severus might be dangerous to me because Severus is 35 years older than me and that Severus will be a Tulpa, and Loki always gave me warnings that Severus might abuse me sexually, but I never believed Loki because Loki is known as a trickster, and tricksters=demons.

Also, I asked that do people mean that if a person commits the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit sin, the person becomes automatically non-Christian or automatically stops wanting to be Christian without manually making him-/herself stop wanting to be Christian or stop being Christian?

Dear Polly, you are such a gift to us on this site.

God placed you here because He wants to love you thru us.
When I read your comments, I am aware of God loving you thru me.
I know that the people you are sharing with here care for you very much
and want to help you find peace and faith in Christ.

I do not think God is declaring you to have committed
the unpardonable sin. Your heart is tender in your desire to belong to Jesus.

Dearest Polly, if me or someone on this site
happens to say something that rings true to your spirit
and encourages you to drop your guard
and to give yourself, without reservation,
to Jesus Christ as you Lord and your Savoir,
I want you to place every question and fear you have
about demons and darkness in your life
into the hands of Jesus
and let Him bring you into a place of peace and trust in Him
for your stability and clarity of mind.
Don't wait until you have all the answers, (you never will).
Just trust Him with your life dear Polly.
He loves you so much.

I hope you can soon find at least some of the answers you seek, Polly, whether it be from clinical or spiritual sources. If you truly feel repentant about the things you accidentally but intentionally said, then I don't think it's an unforgivable sin. God will always love you and want what is best for you, and His faith in his children is eternal and unwavering. I'm sure you've already read these before, but here are some passages I think might help you:

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” – Psalms 147:3

“As we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned- everyone- to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Christ the iniquity of us all.” – Isaiah 53:6

“Therefore I tell you her sins, which are many, are forgiven- for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” -Luke 7:47

(I'm sorry, I don't know how to make the links to the Bible verses here yet.)

I hope this helps, and just know that we are here for you. :)

There aren't any demons, polly.

sure there is ..

Mat 8:16 When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed; and He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill.

Mat 8:28 When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way.

Mat 9:32 As they were going out, a mute, demon-possessed man was brought to Him.
Mat 9:33 After the demon was cast out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “Nothing like this has fnever been seen in Israel.”

Mat 12:22 Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw.

Mat 15:22 And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed.”

Mat 17:18 And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured at once.

After modern psychology, people being "possessed" are often labeled as a "mental illness" ..

Very interesting!!

Have you personally cared for a mentally ill person???

Have you cared for a spititually possed person??

How do you define the difference between the two???

Please be specific and do not use generalities and sound good religious words that actually mean nothing.

And my I ask you what training, what education, what ability do you have that would allow you dismiss medical help, IF that is what you are proposing? If I have misunderstood your posting, I do apologize to you.

I ask you these things because I have had extensive work with the mentally disabled and in all my years (50) I have never encountered a spititually possessed person and I pray to God I never do. I have encountered those who are drug dependent,
Bi-polar, skitssophrenic, depressed and so on.

There are people who have real mental problems that can not be helped by reading them the Bible or baptizing them, or praying for them or laying hands on them. They must be properly evaluated, and correctly medicated so as to allow them to live a better life.

I hope that you are not disagreeing with me because you are of the opinion that prayer and Bible reading with fix them. I am a proponent of both BUT you must realize that a mentally ill person requires more than that due to the simple fact that they do not understand wither one.

Very interesting!!

Have you personally cared for a mentally ill person???

Have you cared for a spititually possed person??

How do you define the difference between the two???

Please be specific and do not use generalities and sound good religious words that actually mean nothing.

And my I ask you what training, what education, what ability do you have that would allow you dismiss medical help, IF that is what you are proposing? If I have misunderstood your posting, I do apologize to you.

I ask you these things because I have had extensive work with the mentally disabled and in all my years (50) I have never encountered a spititually possessed person and I pray to God I never do. I have encountered those who are drug dependent,
Bi-polar, skitssophrenic, depressed and so on.

There are people who have real mental problems that can not be helped by reading them the Bible or baptizing them, or praying for them or laying hands on them. They must be properly evaluated, and correctly medicated so as to allow them to live a better life.

I hope that you are not disagreeing with me because you are of the opinion that prayer and Bible reading with fix them. I am a proponent of both BUT you must realize that a mentally ill person requires more than that due to the simple fact that they do not understand wither one.

I agree. After reading the Bible and after someone prayed about me, my mind gets more clear and better thoughts. So it means that a demon actually harassed me, but I wasn't necessarily possessed. I was possessed, but the demons went away without exorcism when my priest came to my h0me and blessed my home. But the demons still harass me sometimes. They just want to steal me from God. I am an Evangelical Lutheran and I feel like it's a real Christian religion, as I feel MUCH better, but the demons still harass me sometimes, and I don't think that the Devil or any demon would pretend to be God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit my whole life until I die. I was a Pagan 2 years ago and the bad things started happening 2 months later already the time when I was Pagan... But I am just scared that what if Evangelical Lutheranism is false because it teaches that all we need to do is having faith, and that the sins are not prohibitions but only witchcraft and occult, New Age, and illegal things and being against God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit are forbidden.

I agree. After reading the Bible and after someone prayed about me, my mind gets more clear and better thoughts. So it means that a demon actually harassed me, but I wasn't necessarily possessed. I was possessed, but the demons went away without exorcism when my priest came to my h0me and blessed my home. But the demons still harass me sometimes. They just want to steal me from God. I am an Evangelical Lutheran and I feel like it's a real Christian religion, as I feel MUCH better, but the demons still harass me sometimes, and I don't think that the Devil or any demon would pretend to be God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit my whole life until I die. I was a Pagan 2 years ago and the bad things started happening 2 months later already the time when I was Pagan... But I am just scared that what if Evangelical Lutheranism is false because it teaches that all we need to do is having faith, and that the sins are not prohibitions but only witchcraft and occult, New Age, and illegal things and being against God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit are forbidden.

Polly, by your own admission......("And my Autism spectrum stops me from being Christian?) you have a condition that will effect all of your thoughts and actions.

"RiverJorden" gave you some excellent advice which was to seek out some clinical help. Have you done that????

From what I am reading from you, it appears that you have not done so. I am rather familiar with your problem and may I echo my friends RiverJorden's advice.

Your continiued focus on the Luthern Evangelical church IMO is ungrounded, and you are giving Satan and demons way to much credit for the problems you are manifesting. Please visit a doctor of mental health abilities and allow him to help you. Stay in church, read your Bible, pray and take the meds your doctor prescribes to you.

Blessings and better health to you!

Back