Healed From Pain

I was in agony for two days and was praying for healing. When I went out and worshipped in my studio and praised God anyway, he removed the pain, was able to sleep all night and the swelling has gone down. I never take medicine or go to the Dr. It has to be Jesus or nothing. God has delivered me many times. I know that I would have pain even with the Drs. So why not endure and trust him being he always comes through. Pain is not stopped no matter who you trust. But when God heals he does it perfectly and he blesses to. Can use my money for his glory instead of greedy high priced
situations.

I am blessed by your post Reanne. Thank you for rejoicing with me by praising our living God Jesus. Wish that all those who believe in Jesus , would realize him as a living God who is just invisible. Basic is that he is invisible so that mankind will have to believe him without seeing. He loves faith and just like Peter he reached out his hand to raise him from going under water. Peter needed to have more faith, but Jesus helps all who will do the best they can.

I can actually show any person Jesus , so that they can see him while he is invisible. That is in Exodus ch. 40: it is the grand finally. They must pray first and the Holy Spirit is the only one who can reveal it. If they see him who is invisible, they will leap for joy. God bless.

Wonderful words from the Bible. I wish I would have the same faith as yours. Sometimes I doubt but I keep on whatever happens. Although I'm sick and there are lots prob. around. May the Holy spirit guide us all.

Wonderful words from the Bible. I wish I would have the same faith as yours. Sometimes I doubt but I keep on whatever happens. Although I'm sick and there are lots prob. around. May the Holy spirit guide us all.

In Rom. 10:17 faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. That is one of the faith building scriptures.

In Rom. 12:3 you already have been given the measure of faith.

Faith is a growing thing and God wants to give it to you abundantly.

According to the plan God has for your life you will need that amount of faith.
Look at Isaiah ch. 53 and read it. There you will see that your healing was a gift purchased by Jesus. If you have a Strong"s concordance look up the word heal or healing, then read the passages with the other passages around it and see the healing message which will quicken your faith. Both Testaments. First pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you.

When I was 10 years old, I had a stigmatism in the eyes. Mom bought glasses. I read a book 4 inches from my face. The glasses helped a little. I was just being brought to church and believed what they were telling me but wasn"t saved yet. I was alone and prayed a strange prayer. I made a deal. Jesus if you will heal my eyes I will read your bible. I knew nothing about healing or Spirit filled things. It was much years later that I saw this as a visitation from God.

instantly I was able to take my glasses off because I couldn't see through them.
I ran and told mom.

God was the initiation of the whole thing. The toughest thing I had to learn was that God will only allow us to believe him and trust nothing else. It is important to allow the bible to produce faith in us first before acting our faith. To believe we have eternal life is a faith in itself because we know we must be righteous daily to show faith that we are a Christian.

Only by faith are we saved, all the rest is the same.

You believe faith alone saves?

Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 16:29-31
Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

John 3:14-18

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

In Matt. the story of the Centurian who said you don't have to go to my house just speak the word and it shall be done. As we sing we can speak God's word of promise over us. We enter his presence through singing and the word will bring not only relief but healing. It is like singing makes us stand in front of him and then a word he gave us is like he is speaking.

One day while in pain from a migraine head, This was at bed time. Hurting and can't sleep. A thought came to mind. I followed it. got on my face before God knowing that I should touch the hem of his garment. It was a faith action and as soon as I touched a invisible garment of the one who is actually there, the pain left and I praised him and went to sleep without any problem, I had his peace. He will do this for anyone who has a faith
the size of a grain of mustard seed. He told me to write that last sentence.

Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 16:29-31
Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

John 3:14-18

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I believe to those verses but I do not believe faith alone saves.
Faith is the number one thing to accept or acquire first but it doesn’t end there. In fact you cannot even called it faith without works according to the apostle James. It must be accompanied by works.
I Cor. 13
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of a prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, b so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And c though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body 1 to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

One must put the James passage into it's context to get a proper understanding of the teaching of that verse. Abraham had been justified by faith many years before the time that he offered up Isaac.

Genesis 15:5,6
And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Paul comments upon this in Romans 4:2-5,

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Abraham was justified entirely by faith, without the addition of works according to Paul. Paul goes on to explain that if it is by faith, then it cannot involve works in any way. Romans 11:6 says,

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Grace and works cannot coexist as regards salvation. It is either one or the other. This fact has brought about confusion as regarding the teaching of James. It appears to many that Paul and James contradict each other. But this is not the case.

James is speaking of a different portion of Abraham's life than Paul. James is speaking of that instance wherein Abraham offered up his son Isaac.

James 2:20-24

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Paul is speaking of a time many years earlier when Abraham received the promise from God for a son, and believed it. This faith justified Abraham according to Paul. James is speaking of a day many years later when Abraham was called upon to offer the son God had promised. Think about what that entailed. God had promised Abraham a multitude of descendants through Isaac. If he killed him before he could start a family, then how could God fulfill the promise? So Abraham's act of offering, or 'work' was a visible demonstration of the reality of Abraham's faith. Hebrews 11:17-19 says,

By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Do you see that Abraham's actions proved the reality of the faith that justified him? Had he not have had such strong faith in God's promises, he would not have offered his son. The 'work' was a natural conclusion of the faith. In other words, if someone has true faith, they will act upon that faith. Faith that does not spur one to act upon it is not faith at all.

So, Abraham's faith in God's promise justified him before God, while Abraham's act of offering Isaac justified Abraham before men, in proving that his faith was real. Notice that this is the context in which James speaks, showing one's faith to be real before men. James 2:18,

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

The lesson here is that saving faith will spur someone to do good works. If a person's faith does not spur one to action, then one cannot say that they really have faith. A person only acts upon what he really believes. So faith in Christ alone saves us, and that faith will spur us unto good works. Good works are the fruit of saving faith.

Ephesians 2:8-10

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Notice here that works plays no part in our salvation, but we are saved unto good works, that our faith should produce a walk. So the idea contained in James and Paul is that you are justified by faith alone, but saving faith will spur you to good works.

There is no faith alone in the scriptures. You cannot find any verse that faith alone can save.

In Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast” (KJV)The works in these verses are the works of man on his own. The works that is not necessary for the salvation. And as you also wrote the verse 10. You must also read and understand.
“ For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” (kjv)

But the works, that is being guided by God, not on man’s own way, not on himself alone, but the works from God. It is no longer work from him. For without God we can do nothing!

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in Him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing.”(KJV)

The works of man & the works being prescribed by God are different. For we just had made it(good works) by the help of God. Jn. 15:5. So you couldn’t say you made it by yourself.

I Corinthians 3:9 We are loaborers together with God. And it is different from our own works and our works with God.

So if we want to be saved we must obey God. We must work out. We are advised to work. It is necessary for the salvation. It is also written by Paul and they do not contradict (to the verse you sited)if we examine it.

Phil 2:12 “ Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but how much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling:

And this is what God wants us to obey
Romans 7:12 – His commandments

What God commanded us are the good works
II Timothy 3:17“That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (kjv)

But if your works are of yourself that is abomination in the sight of God.
Luke 16:15”and he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.” (kjv)

For not all right things in the eyes of man are right to God.

I Cor. 6:12 “All things are lawful to unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.”
And what is right in the eyes of God is His commandments Rom. 16:8

Sincerely in Christ,
Reanne

An example of salvation by faith alone is found in the dying thief. Luke 23:42, 43,

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

The thief was dying. He had no time for good works. All he could do was call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. All his works before had led him to the place of capital punishment. His life was too short for good works. He would die shortly. But, he came in faith to the Lord Jesus Christ, and found that calling upon him in faith was all that was needed to be saved.

Romans 10:12,13

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

See also in Luke 18:10-14,

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

All the publican had to do was call out to God for mercy, and the scripture said from that moment he was justified. He did not have to engage in a multitude of works to be justified. He simply had to call on the Lord out of faith, and he found that, 'For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

If someone must have works to be saved, then how does one know when one has done enough works to be saved? Philippians 2:12? Let's look at it.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

The ancient writer Strabo uses the same word as Paul uses here to describe the Romans 'working out' the silver from the mines in their possession. Hence, the Romans were exploiting and using the mine that they already had, not working that they might get the mine. It is the same principle here. The believers were not to be working to be saved, but to work out what was already in their possession. It was God working through them. What is being discussed here is their walk AFTER salvation as is clear in the succeeding verses, 14,15:

Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world

They were to do this that they may have a walk that is without rebuke, and that they might shine as lights, not that they may be justified.

I agree with you on the necessity of good works, but they are connected by New Testament scripture to our walk AFTER we are justified by faith. Again, Paul says the two cannot coexist as regards our justification. Romans 11:6,

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Grace rules out works by it's very nature in regards to our salvation.

In Eph. 2:8-9 the word( through) causes the words in grammer to change places. The Greek is saying by faith you are saved and grace, not of works lest any one should boast. That makes sense being are part is faith which lays hold of God's grace. God's grace is always there even before the foundation of the earth. We lay hold of it by trust (faith). Another word for faith is hope. You can see that in Heb. 11:1. faith is the substance of hope. It causes what is hoped for to come into existing. If you hope for salvation you are hoping for salvation. Your faith , which works only by love receives salvation which was already provided. The action of our faith, works will follow. That is because who will be righteous which is a proof of faith. Basic is that to be a believer is to apply God's whole package of salvation and not just saying we believe---the devil even believes. To repeat saved to good works not works to be saved.

Faith for healing is just trusting the word of promise. That would be another redemption priviledge.
Salvation is not just being saved . redemption is a different word to. Saved is what we are delivered from. To believe
is to have faith in Jesus finished work on our behalf. There are many words and there meanings than making it all a one word package.

The doctrine of redemption has 16 words. very few know them. First comes faith in his redemption work. The cross. That was after Jesus said it is finished and gave up the Spirit.

Mr. Darby I’m glad you respond I hope you ll also read this one if you have time. It’s quite long. Thank you for the time. God bless!

There is no such word “Faith alone” in the scripture. This misled many.

I remember when there is someone who preached to me that only by faith are we save.
She read Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Then told me the story about the thief.. and so.

They believe that faith alone saves, so they do not work, and in believing that once save always save (OSAS), the predestination of Calvin, giving your 10% income and whatsoever misleading teachings they preach by cutting or jumping to another verses. So many are misled esp. those who do not read the Bible. I thank God for I’m not with them.
Let’s examine the verses again.

In Eph 2:8-9. Not of works, lest any man should boast- What are the works that the apostle Paul are saying? These are the works that are not necessary for the salvation. What are these?
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Which law?
Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

The apostle Paul was defining two laws here. The laws of works and the laws of faith.

What are the works of the law? It is the law from Moses which cannot justify us
Acts 13: 39 And by Him all that believe are justified from all things which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
So Eph. 2:8-9 is it. Bec. In Rom. 3:27 Boasting is excluded. The Pharisees practiced boasting their works, for giving the ten of their income, fasting twice a week. They boast their work. This is what the apostle paul are clarifying to them.

But the law of faith. Through our Lord Jesus Christ we will be justified in Faith. Now that you are free from the works of the law are you also free from the law of Christ? No of course, we are admonished by the scriptures to follow and to work out the law of Christ
Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
There is law to be fulfilled by Christians- the LAW of CHRIST. So we are to obey and work.

You cannot just ignore Phil 2:12. It is also written by Paul. It is not translated erroneously.
There are laws to be fulfilled.

Let us continue in Eph 2:10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Christians have to work. What work? Work which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Good works are necessary for Christians to be saved. Let’s site a verse to prove it.
II Timothy That the man may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works..

That’s why we were given the scriptures so that we may be instructed to work out righteousness. Not of the law of Moses but of Christ.

Moving on to another apostle of Christ. Read carefully. And understand
II Peter 1:5-10
5 And besides this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, temperance; and to temperance, patience; and to patience, godliness;7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness, charity.
8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from His old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.
Take note: 5 add. ADD to your faith. See how the notation “Faith alone” cannot stand in these verse. If faith alone can stand he will not write it.
Then move to MINUS. Minus these things you are blind in 9.

Work is necessary for us to be saved. Work that is prescribed by Jesus not the stone law. God is merciful and understand the situation of the thief. For us who are living we must continue and finish our course just as Paul.
There are works we do with Christ and to our own.

Romans 1:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

I Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
For we have nothing to boast. It is God who works in you.
Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure

And about Romans 10 you wrote. Do not cut this continue up to 16 then you read.
If you’ll just write “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” It is wrong. Do not stop there. You must continue. This is why many people are misleading. They will just jump to another verses. That’s not right.

There are many denominations preaching in the name of Jesus? Which of those is the Jesus you are going to call? The Jesus they are preaching are not same. You will see the differences in their doctrines. That’s why all alleged Christians around the world do not unite though they are just serving one God. Most established their own religions instead of affiliating theirselves to the true Church of God. So which Jesus are you going to call. Mormons preach other Jesus. There are also who claim themselves as Jesus. Which is not right.. There appear many religions. As Catholic Church, Born again, Baptist Church, Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Jehovas witness, Church of Christ.. so on and so forth. Which.

I do not deny that a Christian is to do good works. I am aware of all the verses that you quote urging Christians on to good works, but NONE of those verses state that a man is in any way justified by these good works. They are to be the FRUIT of salvation not the root of salvation.

I am pretty sure that I am not going to change your mind. But, justification by faith without works is taught by Paul.

Romans 4:5-7

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Notice God imputes righteousness WITHOUT works. We are counted righteous by our faith. Works are specifically excluded from our being counted righteous before God. It is very simple. Jesus has already perfectly fulfilled the law of God. My sins (and yours) were imputed to him on the cross. For those who have faith in him, his perfect righteousness is imputed to us, allowing us to stand as righteous before God by faith.

In the last verses of this chapter, Paul again reiterates that faith justifies a man, just as Abraham was justified.

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Notice again that it was Abraham's faith that justified him. Nothing is said of good works justifying him before God. Look again at Romans 4:6

God imputeth righteousness without works.

If we are justified by faith and counted righteous by faith, then there is no need for good works as pertaining to our standing in Christ. There is a need for good works in our walk, but that pertains to our rewards, not our salvation.

And yet, faith without works is still stone dead. So, if you claim faith but do no works, your faith is dead, and when the time comes, so will you be also.

Argue with St. Paul. He covered all this.

Nay, did you read carefully the verses from the Bible? And undertand? I have sited verses and the explanation also are base on the Bible.

Believing is also obeying. If you believe to be healed without taking the doctors prescription, you won’t be healed. You must take your medicine.

Do you know what works being defined in Romans 4:5-7??

It is the works of law. Law of Moses which cannot justify us. I agree. But for us,who are living in Christian era, we are to follow the law of Christ which can justify us. Now we are free from the law of stone, are we also free from the law of Christ? No.. We are now under the law of Christ

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
WE are to fulfill the law of Christ.

Yes, we are under the law of Christ. That law pertains not to our salvation, but to the love of the brethren. When Christians bear one another's burdens, then they fulfill the law of Christ, which is the law of love. Hence it pertains to the Believer's walk, not his salvation.

I John 4:21

And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

While the believer should fulfill the law of Christ because he loves God, no law brings righteousness. Galatians 3:21,

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

This verse makes it clear that there is no law which could be given that can give righteousness or life.

If good works justify a man, then how do you explain the publican cited above being justified the moment he sought mercy?

If good works play a role in justifying a man, then how does one know when one has done enough good works to be saved?

May I ask if you have the assurance that if you died today, would you know for certain that you are going to heaven?

Consider Job. The Bible says of him in Job 1:1

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

As far as men go, Job was as perfect and upright as a man could be. He did good deeds. He actively tried to avoid evil. But yet, when confronted by God and his standard of righteousness, he said in Job 40:4

Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee?

If Job, with his perfect and upright life, could not satisfy God's standard of righteousness, how shall we?

If, as Paul says, Christ's righteousness is imputed to the believer, then what additional righteousness does one need? He already has perfect righteousness by faith in Christ. So, he will do good works because he is now a righteous man, not in order to become a righteous man.

If Christ has already died for all our sins, and made an acceptable offering to God for them, what is left to atone for?

In short, it is Christ's obedience, not mine that secures my salvation. I do not stand before God in my righteousness, but in the righteousness of Christ. Everything is done for me, so I will do good works out of thankfulness for the salvation which he alone has wrought.

Romans 3:23-26

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Notice several things. We are to be justified freely. If it is free, then no price is asked for it. It is a gift. You do not pay for gifts. Paul says, 'it is the gift of God'.

Notice that he is our propitiation through faith in his blood. If works are required, this would be a great place to mention it.

Notice he is the justifier of those who believe, not those who believe and work.

The mistake that you are making is that you are confusing the fruit of salvation with the cause of salvation.

I would also question your assertion that believing is obeying. If you will read the book of Acts, you will read of how Paul disobeyed God, when God told him not to go to Jerusalem. Peter believed, yet denied Christ. The Corinthian believers were not obedient in matters of morality, and so Paul had to correct them. One can believe without always obeying. And if our salvation depended on perfect obedience, or good works, no one would be saved.

Back