Hello

Hello

Hi,

It has been my goal to meditate upon God's word continually, and though I have not yet succeeded, I have been blessed by trying.

I have recently been seeing pictures of Christ in the scriptures hiding behind the literal text. I am hoping to be able to share some of them in order to have a discussion about whether they are really there or are just an over-active imagination.

Although you won't hurt my feelings if you think they are imaginary, I would ask that your opinion be reserved until you understand how they are derived and maybe attempted to find some on your own.

I shared a brief one in the Gen 2:21 thread for starters.

If they are just imaginary, they are just novelties. I call them shadows in the same way that Hebrews 10.1 implies that the law has a shadow. A shadow is not the real thing. It is an illusion suggesting something else than the thing causing the shadow, just as fingers casting shadows suggest bunnies, etc.

Thanks in advance for your kindnesses.

Bob

Welcome to the Christian Forum Site, Bob. I had a pastor who went to Bob Jones University. Any relation to that Bob Jones? I realize that Bob and Jones are very common names. :D

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

More than half a lifetime ago my name was Smith. Got some really interesting looks a few times when I stayed in motels with hubby. :)

blessings,

Lynn

MODERATOR STATEMENT:

Mr. Jones - This area of the forum is set aside to have new members introduce themselves and to be welcomed by members. If you wish to start a discussion regarding the topic in your initial post, please do so in the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS posting area. Our forum posting guidelines are clear and starting a topical discussion in the WELCOME area is not something that is nornmally done. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Hi Bob...

Let me just say...what a great surname Jones is:D:D:D:D...oddly enough its mine to...:p

Welcome:groupray:

Hi Mr Bob. The Old Testament is Christ conealed and the NEw Christ revealed. Make no mistake about it Christ is the central theme of the scriptures from cover to cover.

Hi Bob my brother from another mother I threw an extra chili on the grill for ya

grilledchili.jpg

Welcome-43.gif

God Bless you my friend

Chili out.

Back