Hi I'm New

God's formula for Godly living: Worship, pray, fast when necessary, read the Bible, meditate on the Word, fellowship with Bible believing Christians, seek good counsel and repeat. In this way we begin taking steps to serve and love the unlovable & the lost.

But none of these will 'save' you from an eternity in Hell; only faith in the mercy and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ will. You can have salvation and never receive blessings because of disobedience to the Word. This makes for an extremely miserable Christian.

Off the Church ...TTYL

Honestly I don't enjoy this at all. There are so many rules and restrictions. I HAVE to talk to other people to be blessed. I am really frustrate that I can't just talk to God and pray and read my bible to grow closer. Life is hard enough and then to grow closer to God you have to do all of these very SPECIFIC things in order for him to help you along in this messed up world. I'm angry.

also I would like to add that I'm not planning on giving up but I see why so many people just do their own thing and just forget about trying to be Christian. Life is hard and then you're praying and you're trying and then you're told your not doing enough or you don't believe enough or youre not doing this enough or that enough and then you are suffering, crying, trying. I'm so frustrated!

Well here's the thing; and I tread lightly on this subject because a lot of people take the 'free from the law' doctrine out of context, but as Christians-walking in the Spirit, we are 'free from the law'; because we are walking in love and doing 'good'. BUT, the 'law' was given to reveal our sin so we would KNOW that we are sinning and in offense to God. So learning God's Word and being obedient; when done in the Spirit of love-releases us from the bondage of the 'law' AKA: "rules and restrictions".

Following Christ is about giving up your 'self' and serving. Jesus Christ is the ultimate example of selflessness, humility and service to mankind. He wants us to 'follow Him'. In Other words-follow His example. When we are truly following Jesus Christ-we are thinking of others and we have no time to think of our selfish needs.

James 1:
27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

However-God knows we are not perfect and require 'work' to walk closer to Him. So He gave us a process-He gave us the Bible. He 'talks' to us through His word. What God requires of us is an open heart to work in. Jesus Christ died for us so that we may live-not because we deserve it; not because He needs us: But because God wants His creation to grow towards Him so we are spared from an eternity separated from Him.

Jesus Christ said:

Matthew 22:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

John 14:
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Jesus Christ said it, taught it and He DID it...

Paul says:

Galatians 5:
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

I have a lot of work to do. My emotions are all over the place. I have a lot of bible studying to do because a lot of the scriptures that you are quoting I don't understand. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading secret code. I want to understand. Are you saying that I am lustful so thats why I am not walking in Gods way? Like I want to much earthly things and thats why Im not really understanding what God is truly about?

Here is a verse that will HELP you stand strong ...

PHIL. 4:13 -- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

With this verse it has HELPED ME THUR my very LOW DAYS or the days that I just feel like throwing in the TOWEL so ... make yourself a copy and hang it up all over the place to HELP REMIND YOU. < I sent you my E MAIL ADDRESS in my message hoping that you got it and that I will hear from you > :D

I am saying you need to ask Jesus Christ sincerely into your broken heart to be your savior: to save you from an eternity in Hell (separated from our Holy God) because of sin. When you ask -He will fulfill His promise to save. Once you do this, the Holy Spirit will work with you to unlock the wisdom contained in the Bible. The Bible is written for believers and is opened to the ears of those who know His voice.

He wants to love you and send the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to you: but you have to ask in humility and faith out of 'fear' (respect) for our Holy God. We have a tendency to put God in a 'human box' within our understanding. We cannot understand God fully-we are incapable. But He made us that way on purpose.

All men (people) have the ability to access the Holy Spirit. It is not reserved but unto the 'children of God'/ the 'elect'/ the 'saved'. But you get to pick. Choose God...let Him be your God, let Jesus Christ be your Savior. Our lives here on this earth are very 'temporal'. Eternity is right around the corner.

The Bible says 'Today (right now) is the day of salvation'; that means you can KNOW from the scriptures without a shadow of a doubt that you are going to heaven. All you have to do is ask Him; put your faith in the name of Jesus Christ-let go of your worries and cast them upon our Savior. Will you ask Him?

Yes I will. I feel like this is probably a stupid question but when you pray do you pray to God or Jesus. Sometimes I find myself praying to both at the same time and I know thats probably not right is it?

Here is a verse that will HELP you stand strong ...

PHIL. 4:13 -- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

With this verse it has HELPED ME THUR my very LOW DAYS or the days that I just feel like throwing in the TOWEL so ... make yourself a copy and hang it up all over the place to HELP REMIND YOU. < I sent you my E MAIL ADDRESS in my message hoping that you got it and that I will hear from you > :D
I sent you my info! I meant to reply earlier. I was at work and on here and totally forgot. Sorry :)

Yes I will. I feel like this is probably a stupid question but when you pray do you pray to God or Jesus. Sometimes I find myself praying to both at the same time and I know thats probably not right is it?

We pray to God the Father, in the Name of the Son -Jesus Christ- through the Holy Spirit. Open the door to communication with God. Jesus is knocking on the door...will you answer?

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
For
all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

It is an honor for me to be able to serve you and I hope you consider what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us; dying on the cross at Calvary -so you don't have too- for all of us to have eternal life. If we will believe in Him and keep the faith.

Grace and mercy to you.

Back