History of the canon of the Bible

I couldnt find anything inspired by God in the book of Esther.I couldnt find where the Lord said anything in it.
I wonder why it was included and yet the book of Enoch which is spoken of in the bible was left out.
Anyone know?
Inspired means that God did just that, inspired a person to write the book. When a person is inspired by God that person puts down on, in this case, Parchment, what God wishes to convey to us. After reading the Bible for the past 21+ years I see God's hand at work throughout the Book of Ruth.

gif,GIF89a%12%00%12%00%B3%00%00%FF%FF%FF%F7%F7%EF%CC%CC%CC%BD%BE%BD%99%99%99ZYZRUR%00%00%00%FE%01%02%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%21%F9%04%04%14%00%FF%00%2C%00%00%00%00%12%00%12%00%00%04X0%C8I%2B%1D8%EB%3D%E4%00%60%28%8A%85%17%0AG*%8C%40%19%7C%00J%08%C4%B1%92%26z%C76%FE%02%07%C2%89v%F0%7Dz%C3b%C8u%14%82V5%23o%A7%13%19L%BCY-%25%7D%A6l%DF%D0%F5%C7%02%85%5B%D82%90%CBT%87%D8i7%88Y%A8%DB%EFx%8B%DE%12%01%00%3B

There are writings as well that were supposed to be included in the Canon but was lost:

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1 Cor 5:9

1st Corinthian should have been 2nd Corintthians because Paul wrote a letter to them before 1st Corinthians.

So 2nd Corinthians should have been 3rd Corinthians. But that's fine. The Bible is still complete :)
I cannot believe that at all! the God I serve is the only Omnipotent being in all of Creation. Now, you might want to get a copy of the new book out right now, "Heaven Is For Real." God, being omnipotent is able to keep His revelation of Himself in tact and no man can remove any writings from that revelation without God inspiring a man to find and put them back into the scriptures. No, the Bible is complete. Books like The Gospel of Thomas are not scripture because they did not meet the criteria set by God for inclusion... in other words, God did not inspire them.

Hey Bill, :)
I agree nothing that was lost was intended by God to be in the collective wrtitings we call The Holy Scriptures.

But, I'm not sure that's what John means.

My own thought on this is that what is in the Scriptures is all we NEED to know. If any books were lost, they didn't contain any "missing" revelation from God OR the Apostle wrote of true events, but not under inspiration - which means those writings were subject to human error - which suggests they were "lost" intentionally.

Follow me? Just because there might have been other books or letters written by Apostles, doesn't mean everything they wrote was written under divine inspiration.

Which would be good cause for the LOrd God to "lose" them. Men would naturally jump to the conclusion these books/letters were inspired because they were written by Apostles, whereas, those that are forgeries are easy to reject.

Ginger

The Scriptures are complete concerning the spiritual things of God. everything we need to know is within those books.

Some would claim the Bible is not a complete revelation, but we need extra-biblical sources I disagree.

Take the example of the pharaoh's magicians.

I've been told this proves the Bible is not complete. But there are two obvious flaws in that argument:

1. The magicians names ARE in the Bible!!!!
2. If these names had been omitted entirely, it wouldn't change a thing. Their names are irrelevent!!!!

I couldnt find anything inspired by God in the book of Esther.I couldnt find where the Lord said anything in it.
I wonder why it was included and yet the book of Enoch which is spoken of in the bible was left out.
Anyone know?

I would say that Esther is a book about the romance of providence. God directs this material universe in which we live today by His providence. In fact, it's the way He directs all of His creation.

Back in Deuteronomy before God brought the Israelites into the Promised Land, He outlined their history for them. He told them about the Babylonian captivity, and He also told them that Rome would destroy the city of Jerusalem and the people would be taken into captivity. It actually happened that way. But in Deut. 31:18 God says this...............

And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought in that they were turned unto other Gods".

In the Book of Esther God has hidden His face from them. But we can then say, "God standeth in the shadows keeping watch over His own". So then the book of Esther gives us a record of a group of people who were out of the will of God. Although they were not in His will, when we read the bbok, we can see that God was indeed directing them. HOW????? BY PROVIDENCE!!!

Now as for Enoch not being in the Scriptures.

A born-again Christian who has been reading the Bible for several years only needs to read the "Book of Enoch" briefly to know that something is very wrong. There are so many obvious flaws with this alleged missing book of God's Word.

To the Biblically ignorant reader, the Book of Enoch might have an appeal; but to a believer grounded in the Scriptures, the Book of Enoch is packed full of heresy. For example:
We read in chapter 40 of the Book of Enoch...

1 And after that I saw thousands of thousands and ten thousand times ten thousand, I saw a multitude
2 beyond number and reckoning, who stood before the Lord of Spirits. And on the four sides of the Lord of Spirits I saw four presences, different from those that sleep not, and I learnt their names: for the angel that went with me made known to me their names, and showed me all the hidden things.
3 And I heard the voices of those four presences as they uttered praises before the Lord of glory.
4 The first voice blesses the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever.
5 And the second voice I heard blessing
6 the Elect One and the elect ones who hang upon the Lord of Spirits. And the third voice I heard pray and intercede for those who dwell on the earth and supplicate in the name of the Lord of Spirits.
7 And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satans and forbidding them to come before the Lord
8 of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth. After that I asked the angel of peace who went with me, who showed me everything that is hidden: ‘Who are these four presences which I have
9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days.

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

Here's chapter 48:1-3...

1 And in that place I saw the fountain of righteousness Which was inexhaustible: And around it were many fountains of wisdom: And all the thirsty drank of them, And were filled with wisdom, And their dwellings were with the righteous and holy and elect. 2 And at that hour that Son of Man was named In the presence of the Lord of Spirits, And his name before the Head of Days. 3 Yea, before the sun and the signs were created, Before the stars of the heaven were made, His name was named before the Lord of Spirits.​

Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus. Jesus Himself claimed in Revelation 1:8, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." Jesus is Eternal, without beginning or end. Head of Days? Lord of Spirits? These terms are NOT found in the Bible. IF the Book of Enoch were valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't. Although some people claim that the Bible quotes the Book of Enoch over 100 times, this is simply not true. Just as the Qur'an, the Book of Enoch borrows from the Word of God. In sharp contrast to the Book of Enoch, the New Testament often quotes the Book of Genesis.

What other planet would they be for?

we are not alone in this cosmos, see how many planets the astronomers have shown that has.

John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

The Scriptures are complete concerning the spiritual things of God. everything we need to know is within those books.

Some would claim the Bible is not a complete revelation, but we need extra-biblical sources I disagree.

I've been told this proves the Bible is not complete. But there are two obvious flaws in that argument:

2. If these names had been omitted entirely, it wouldn't change a thing. Their names are irrelevent!!!!

Agreed!

2 Tim. 3:16
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and if profitable for doctrine, for reproff, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

It is also helpful to have an understaning of other materials as well, not to increase the level of spirituality but knowledge of historical events and how they worked into the plan of God.

Esther would be an excellant example of just that fact.

we are not alone in this cosmos, see how many planets the astronomers have shown that has.

John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

Tell us then how many of them have been proven to have life?????

Correct Bible teaching is the John 10:16 is referring to Gentiles. The OTHER SHEEP are Gentiles who will be saved later NOT about life on other planets.

Tell us then how many of them have been proven to have life?????

Correct Bible teaching is the John 10:16 is referring to Gentiles. The OTHER SHEEP are Gentiles who will be saved later NOT about life on other planets.

God Knows, i am not a god - but one is sure, we are not alone in the cosmos, but somewhere there has other planets with humans and animals.

With that I will agree.

God Knows, i am not a god - but one is sure, we are not alone in the cosmos, but somewhere there has other planets with humans and animals.
You know that I seldom have much to say to you because you make little to no sense but here you have stepped right off the deep end and into the arms of Satan. Your statement must be made to fly in the face of scripture, which it can't, and that, sir, makes it a lie of no substance. God created this world, it inhabitants and all of the Universe for His pleasure and man is the crown jewel of God's creation. Now, please, come to your senses, follow God and leave Satan where he is.

Not to derail my own thread, but I just have to ask....

Qtld, how do you determine the meaning of certain Scriptures? Is there some sort of method or guide you use to understand what each verse means?

Where do you get your, eh hem, information from. Do you have a Website or a booklet you use to interpret Scriptures?

I use just the right faith - no other ways at me.

The most important in the right faith is the believer to be as much as possible more/maximum Clean/Pure and Good in/to its willingness of(from)/front the true Lord God about/to the human/soul beings - only this may convince the true God to Unlock the mind for understand(-ing) of His Word/Truth.

I use just the right faith - no other ways at me.

The most important in the right faith is the believer to be as much as possible more/maximum Clean/Pure and Good in/to its willingness of(from)/front the true Lord God about/to the human/soul beings - only this may convince the true God to Unlock the mind for understand(-ing) of His Word/Truth.
q, what is you native language? It would really help in trying to understand what you are attempting to say. If you can not give a simple answer, please don't bother!

Ooookay, I'm really not much of a drinker....almost never and two is my limit on the rare ocassion I do.

But, I just can't help thinking this thread would be so much more fun if we were all in the same room, drinking!

I think there is even a chance we might all think it makes sense if we were drunk.

Back on topic....

I have to admit, I cannot relate to the sentiments expressed on Esther. I was absolutely positive Esther mentioned God several times, so when someone told me God was never mentioned I had to sit down and read it again.

It's my opinion that God is woven throughout the entire Book, but because references to Him are not directly spelled out, people think He is missing.

Let me assure all of you God is not missing. He knows exactly where He is!!!!! And the Book of Esther is not just history, but God speaking to us as He does thru the other Scriptures.

IMO :D

BTW Forgiven, I like your signiture. It just seems so perfect to this moment. :)
I absolutely agree Ginger!

God is in the Word, God is the Word, and the Word is God. Where is He not, IMHO would be the question. One thing we all have to remember is that there are many things we can not nor ever will understand. This is where 'faith' reigns!

Good point, John. I never thought about that before.

If a book's claims about authorship, are known to be false, why would you find reason to trust it, as a whole?

To answer your question, experts are those who have studied and know in depth the lauguage and writing styles of different time periods as well as diffiferent writers. They also are well versed in the colloquialisms of these different eras. This makes it easier for them to spot a forgery. Just like one of us can find a piece of paper on the floor and know which one of our children wrote without any obvious clues. We see the penmanship, the grammar, even the age level can be seen as well as slang used.

So it is with these experts. They don't depend on a "title page" to know who wrote the piece or when it was written.

Why these books are not inspired:
1. Authorship is the first reason. The author lied about who he is.

2. The quotes are not identical. Both authors, from Jude and Enoch, obviously knew about Enoch's prophecy.
. a. who is going to most likely have the correct quote? a forgery? a divinely inspired work?
. b. the book of Enoch is dated after the Book of Jude.
. c. doesn't the dating suggest the author of Enoch might be the one who tried to quote Jude?

3. 2 Timothy 3:8
As Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of corrupt mind and counterfeit faith;

Jannes and Jambres are not mentioned in the Old Testament. 2 Ti is the only place we are given the magicians' names. I suggest Jude knew Enoch's quote the same way Paul knew the magicians' names - Jews were the God-appointed keepers of the Old Testament. They were both Jews and had been taught these stories from childhood.

May I ask what criteria you use to determine fraud from divinely inspired?

I compare alot of scripture .I compare scripture against scripture as well as writing styles.
One thing Ive learned to do though.Put my trust in God and not experts.
In doing so Ive learned more on certain subjects than many experts simply because I asked God for answers and didnt turn to experts.
Like I said though .I enjoyed both books.
I remember something funny about the general epistle of Barnabas though.
In reading his book I saw that he was explaining something the Lord hath revealed to me several years before.

1 John 2;27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Back