Honesty Is The Best Policy

I'm not referring to doubting salvation. I'm talking about one who may doubt Gods existence at all. The existence of God as we know him. Like Chris said above, why couldn't that God be Allah or Buddha, etc. I don't believe this, but I can see how Satan could easily make someone see that point of view, especially in a moment of mental weakness and temptation. Does this then make one an unbeliever?

If you are busy cheating on your husband, do you forget about him? even though you and the person you want to be with wants you to.

I am not disputing that the devil will tempt us on anything and everything he can. But on our faith, as Christians, have we not moved on from merely having faith in Christ's existence and Him being the Son of God? We now have faith in His goodness, in His provision, in Him keeping us. The statement 'doubting our faith' cannot mean we lose our faith in Christ surely...? Please see post #107.
I agree with everything you are saying. Really! But I'm not going to say that Satan doesn't attack us on our faith. Because he does. And we can agree to disagree, even though I'm not disagreeing with what you just said.

This is why it's SO important to put on the full armor of God and fully understand what each part of the armor stands for. Using the sword of the Spirit is super important while you are in battle with the enemy. (Ephesians 6:17). I'm reading a book and I feel that everyone who goes through spiritual warfare should read it. It's called "Spiritual Warfare" by Derek Prince and it's such a good book.

In the tempting of Jesus, Satan tried placing doubt in Jesus about everything. Look at the scriptures. Every thing that Satan said, it started with the word if to try to bring Jesus to doubt. And look at what kind of spiritual weapon that Jesus used to respond to the attacks: The sword of the Spirit. Jesus didn't use any other kind of spiritual weapon except for the sword of the Spirit. And after three tries of the enemy to bring Jesus to question and to doubt, and after three times of how Jesus responded by throwing scriptures at him, Satan left him alone. (Matthew 4:1-11). Jesus knows the Word of God like the back of His hand.

Why is it so important to know scriptures? In order to use the sword of the Spirit while you are being attacked by the enemy.

I believe fully that if Satan tried tempting Jesus to doubt his faith, he will tempt us to doubt.

If you are busy cheating on your husband, do you forget about him? even though you and the person you want to be with wants you to.

I have seen, touched, and felt my husband (if I had one). That's the difference. Again, please refer to my post about Peter and the disciples.

Furthermore, with all due respect, Katie and I have clearly provided biblical examples to refute your argument, yet you are not acknowledging them or going against them . May I ask why?

It gets exhausting trying to find all the answers we seek. It is easy to not believe because we have to act a certain way and have to answer for our action. To not believe means we can do our own will. The we have Karma. What comes around goes around.

When a believer is in the Word, they tend to judge others. I am guilty of that when I was zealous. I had a rude awakening when I backslid away from the Word of God. I see that we are all equal and sinful in nature. It is hard not to judge. If we would look at ourselves first before we throw a judgment out towards other we wouldn't say anything at all. He who is without sin cast the first stone.

I feel Chris has been burned some way by Christianity. Either in the youth, or later in life. People thinking the Bible contradicts itself is not correct, do to the fact that man has added and taken away scriptures. Some have been lost. The key thing is the story is still intact.

Like I said before. Look around at all things. The sky, stars, birds of the air, plants, animals, rivers and lakes and the things in them. Look at a single cell of a human. Read the book of Job. Many questions Job ask to God. We all ask who, what, where, when and why... Things are way to complex to have a creator or designer.

I agree with everything you are saying. Really! But I'm not going to say that Satan doesn't attack us on our faith. Because he does. And we can agree to disagree, even though I'm not disagreeing with what you just said.

This is why it's SO important to put on the full armor of God and fully understand what each part of the armor stands for. Using the sword of the Spirit is super important while you are in battle with the enemy. (Ephesians 6:17). I'm reading a book and I feel that everyone who goes through spiritual warfare should read it. It's called "Spiritual Warfare" by Derek Prince and it's such a good book.

In the tempting of Jesus, Satan tried placing doubt in Jesus about everything. Look at the scriptures. Every thing that Satan said, it started with the word if to try to bring Jesus to doubt. And look at what kind of spiritual weapon that Jesus used to respond to the attacks: The sword of the Spirit. Jesus didn't use any other kind of spiritual weapon except for the sword of the Spirit. And after three tries of the enemy to bring Jesus to question and to doubt, and after three times of how Jesus responded by throwing scriptures at him, Satan left him alone. (Matthew 4:1-11). Jesus knows the Word of God like the back of His hand.

Why is it so important to know scriptures? In order to use the sword of the Spirit while you are being attacked by the enemy.

I believe fully that if Satan tried tempting Jesus to doubt his faith, he will tempt us to doubt.
Jesus was not confused about who He was and nor could He ever be. The devil only attacked attributes of God. Look closer at the temptations. 'throw yourself off, God will send angels to catch you'...not, Does God really exist. Are you really the Son of God?

Just a side note, should a Christian have to read 'God will catch you if you fall' before believing God will?

It is not wrong to envision literally putting on the whole armour of God, but think about it, if we need to do it religiously, have we not missed the boat? The moment we do anything like a parrot are we acting like Christians who know who we are in Christ? Do you repeat in your head ''I love my boyfriend'' when a good looking guys comes your way?

All cannot / should not fall for a belief / doubt that God does not exist - Rom 1:20 (let alone Christians). Christians cannot / should not fall for a belief / doubt that Jesus is the Son of God.

Does anyone question gravity? What would you say / think of someone who fell for believing their is no gravity on earth? I would say they have yet to experience it. Because once you have you will never doubt its existence. This relates of course to Jesus being the Son of God. God's existence is more like asking someone if they believe they are real, yes, 'duh'?

I have seen, touched, and felt my husband (if I had one). That's the difference. Again, please refer to my post about Peter and the disciples.

Furthermore, with all due respect, Katie and I have clearly provided biblical examples to refute your argument, yet you are not acknowledging them or going against them . May I ask why?
What scriptures refute my argument? Care to single them out and quote them directly?

Exactly How was Peter different to us? Sure he spoke and prayed with Jesus. But He needed a revelation of who Jesus was just like us. He believed in the existence of the ''man'' Jesus, just as everyone should! http://thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html. Jesus existing is a historic fact. But believing in Jesus as a man does not help us getting saved! It is only when we believe in Him as the Son of God.

1 Cor 12:13 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Yes, I don't have time to respond fully to this post right now, but I'm not angry and neither should you be. It's a discussion; I am sure we will reach even ground here soon. If it's mere semantics, great. If not, well, then we see the bible differently.

Yes, I don't have time to respond fully to this post right now, but I'm not angry and neither should you be. It's a discussion.
Thats good. I am not angry either. Enjoy discussing with you ;).

I am wondering though why we are discussing this so much. Is it not obvious that if the Holy Ghost has revealed to us that Jesus is Lord / the Son of God that then He has revealed it to us? He either has or He hasn't.

Yes, but (hope I'm not starting the cycle again :sick:) I am one to have thought, "wait, what if all of this isn't true?!" Then a second later I come back to reality. It's not a thought where I think "Yep, there's no God. There's no Jesus." It's just a passing "what if?" that occurs when I get questioned or read something in the bible that doesn't make sense to me or start learning about the Trinitarian doctrine after having been a JW for so many years. Does that make sense?

If that means I'm not saved, then I should just give up. I am hoping God reveals the truth about the trinity to me soon. I understand it and can grasp it, but I feel that God only wants me worshiping Him.

Yes, but (hope I'm not starting the cycle again :sick:) I am one to have thought, "wait, what if all of this isn't true?!" Then a second later I come back to reality. It's not a thought where I think "Yep, there's no God. There's no Jesus." It's just a passing "what if?" that occurs when I get questioned or read something in the bible that doesn't make sense to me or start learning about the Trinitarian doctrine after having been a JW for so many years. Does that make sense?

If that means I'm not saved, then I should just give up. I am hoping God reveals the truth about the trinity to me soon. I understand it and can grasp it, but I feel that God only wants me worshiping Him.
:) Yes, I think discussing further will just be repeating ourselves.

It is quite something for you to come from a JW background. It must be hard to change your way of thinking. I am just reminded of the importance of listening to and following Pauls teaching, Gal 1:8. Good to have you on board!

Jesus was not confused about who He was and nor could He ever be. The devil only attacked attributes of God. Look closer at the temptations. 'throw yourself off, God will send angels to catch you'...not, Does God really exist. Are you really the Son of God?

Just a side note, should a Christian have to read 'God will catch you if you fall' before believing God will?

It is not wrong to envision literally putting on the whole armour of God, but think about it, if we need to do it religiously, have we not missed the boat? The moment we do anything like a parrot are we acting like Christians who know who we are in Christ? Do you repeat in your head ''I love my boyfriend'' when a good looking guys comes your way?

All cannot / should not fall for a belief / doubt that God does not exist - Rom 1:20 (let alone Christians). Christians cannot / should not fall for a belief / doubt that Jesus is the Son of God.

Does anyone question gravity? What would you say / think of someone who fell for believing their is no gravity on earth? I would say they have yet to experience it. Because once you have you will never doubt its existence. This relates of course to Jesus being the Son of God. God's existence is more like asking someone if they believe they are real, yes, 'duh'?
I feel like I've already explained what I feel. And I just feel like we're going in circles lol. We'll just agree to disagree :) Even though I'm not really disagreeing with you. I'm just trying to make you see in a different perspective of what Satan tries to do to us.

I feel like I've already explained what I feel. And I just feel like we're going in circles lol. We'll just agree to disagree :) Even though I'm not really disagreeing with you. I'm just trying to make you see in a different perspective of what Satan tries to do to us.

Well stated re last sentence, especially.

Back