Honesty Is The Best Policy

Nobody should doubt the existence of God. Christian or non-Christian, Rom 1:20. The thing is, the devil will put any thought that affects our walk with God in our head. We have to be really concerned though if he is nailing us on the subject of God's existence, don't you think?
Life, the bottom line is, if we take that leap of faith sincerely, God will catch us. We will land on the other side and be convinced of God's mercy. When you say 'lack if fatih' think about what faith that is. We can have faith in many things. It is not faith in His existence that we need (as we should already have that), rather that He will show us mercy on our sins.

I don't think anyone can deny the existence of God. That wouldn't make sense. Well, I guess some do, but they're silly. :LOL: I think people more so question our God and who we believe is our Creator.

If God takes away my salvation because of how I was brainwashed and the fact that it still occasionally infiltrates my mind, then God is not as forgiving as I thought and that deeply saddens me.
God will not take away your salvation no matter how much you are brainwashed. If you sincerely got on your knees, repented of your sins and asked Jesus to come into your life as your Lord and Saviour, you are saved. I can agree that the devil fills our minds with lots of rubbish to confuse us. We really do have to hold fast to the simple truth of salvation. The gospel is so simple.

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

This verse has been true from the beginning.

It takes continuing in an extremity of unrepentant sin to lose our salvation. Are you doing that? If not, stop giving room for doubt that makes no sense.

Sorry, I have been reading your posts. Ok If I was still a christian and I was dealing with someone who had doubts. Id have to go by what the scripture say to do in this case. So what does the scriptures say.

* 1 Thessalonians 5:14
And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the *weak*, be patient with everyone.

You're right. Instead it says nothing about what happens when we die. Which, is even worse. So what is the point of everything in the world? Why are we here and in your case, why did we come about or evovle? What is the point of this world then?

I must admit not knowing what death is is scary but not as scary as thinking that I might go to a place ill be screaming in pain for all eternity. There is no contest there.

God will not take away your salvation no matter how much you are brainwashed. If you sincerely got on your knees, repented of your sins and asked Jesus to come into your life as your Lord and Saviour, you are saved. I can agree that the devil fills our minds with lots of rubbish to confuse us. We really do have to hold fast to the simple truth of salvation. The gospel is so simple.

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

This verse has been true from the beginning.

It takes continuing in an extremity of unrepentant sin to lose our salvation. Are you doing that? If not, stop giving room for doubt that makes no sense.

Yes, I have accepted him and not only been on my knees but on my face crying my eyes out asking Him to heal me and telling Him I surrender.

Repeated, conscience sin, has to be the worse. I still have my ED, which is why I feel shameful in His presence. Other than that, I have given up a ton of wordly things and am doing my best to live Christlike everyday.

If I can add another layer to this topic. There are maybe 4 or 5 or more people who have responded to this thread. And I have noticed that a few of you take very diffrent approaches to dealing with x christians or doubters of the faith. If god and his word is clear about people like this, then why the diffrent opinions and approaches
Christians are at different levels of maturity. Every reply shows effort by someone who doesnt know you to help. They are all Christian replies.

Chris, so you don't believe in a God anymore? Or just Christianity being the truth?

Sorry, I have been reading your posts. Ok If I was still a christian and I was dealing with someone who had doubts. Id have to go by what the scripture say to do in this case. So what does the scriptures say.

* 1 Thessalonians 5:14
And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the *weak*, be patient with everyone.

I know this sounds silly and some will disagree, but I know God will show you the way, Chris. I just know it. Right now you have a lot of internal demons that are causing you doubt and fears, but there's a reason you were with him for 13 years and used to share the Word with others. I bet you've helped lots come close to the Lord and be saved. Am I correct?

Call me naive, but I'm a woman with a heart who has literally felt the girps of Satan and believed his lies. Some of them I still believe, but I try to refute. I stay steadfast in the Lord, even when I have doubts myself. I have hope, He will reward me for my honesty.

God loved you from the day you were in your mothers womb. There is a reason you are still on this site. You may not know now, but you will one day.

Yes, I have accepted him and not only been on my knees but on my face crying my eyes out asking Him to heal me and telling Him I surrender.

Repeated, conscience sin, has to be the worse. I still have my ED, which is why I feel shameful in His presence. Other than that, I have given up a ton of wordly things and am doing my best to live Christlike everyday.

I know this very well, I have been there too.

Christians are at different levels of maturity. Every reply shows effort by someone who doesnt know you to help. They are all Christian replies.

Chris, so you don't believe in a God anymore? Or just Christianity being the truth?

This god I had faith in left me to rot, I am very sick and for a very very long time I cried out to this god, but he left me to rot. I cant put my hope in something that wont help me and I cant hold on to the hope he will anymore.

This god I had faith in left me to rot, I am very sick and for a very very long time I cried out to this god, but he left me to rot. I cant put my hope in something that wont help me and I cant hold on to the hope he will anymore.

I have felt the same way, but there is a reason you are going through this and He will heal you, but it might not be on your time. Do you mind if I ask what it is?

I know this sounds silly and some will disagree, but I know God will show you the way, Chris. I just know it. Right now you have a lot of internal demons that are causing you doubt and fears, but there's a reason you were with him for 13 years and used to share the Word with others. I bet you've helped lots come close to the Lord and be saved. Am I correct?

Call me naive, but I'm a woman with a heart who has literally felt the girps of Satan and believed his lies. Some of them I still believe, but I try to refute. I stay steadfast in the Lord, even when I have doubts myself. I have hope, He will reward me for my honesty.

God loved you from the day you were in your mothers womb. There is a reason you are still on this site. You may not know now, but you will one day.

The reason is closure

What happened exactly?

I want you to look at the situation another way. God cannot help those who are not His! He does not hear their prayer (John 9:31). The only way to get God's help is to give Him complete control of your life for better or worse. If we have done that, how can we ever get upset with Him?? We should be able to endure any suffering for Him just like Job.

I know blind, deaf, part paralyzed, midgets, brain damaged, poor and ugly people who love Jesus. Their reward in heaven will be greater then mine!

Is what Jesus did on the cross not enough to get our full dedication? We can't stick to our marriage vows to God? What were your marriage vows to God when you first accepted Him?

FOC, you going a bit too far, I agree with Dan.

You have that right to agree with Dan. I still stand on what I said. Many believers label people instead of hearing them out, chastise them for seeking answers. Isn't that our right to do so. People don't see that it is the believers that turn people away from the truth. Example, my wife... She was raised in church. Had the name it and claim it doctrine thrown down her throat, couldn't go to any school events, movies, dances. All the stuff that molds a child to function in everyday society.

Researching the Bible has changed her outlook on life and to this day it is hard for her to see past doctrines that were push in her mind. She sees the truth now.

Everyone has free will to seek whatever they want. We don't know Chris's background and knowledge of things in his life. Only Chris does. So to label someone at the gate is turning them away from the Word. Why would someone want to go to a church and read the Bible when all examples out there are condemnation IF you are a certain way? Jesus didn't LABEL people, but He listened and was straight forward. Stop being hypocrites and see that labeling is wrong.

I have to leave it a mystery. I used to tell many people once, but no one had a solution. Years ago when I would tell people, they would just say the same things your saying now. Over many years I learned so much about christianity but I couldnt get it to work. Firstly I thought it was god who had to draw near to me and for years I was wanting god to give me everything(a good life I thought) but that didnt work. Then much later on I started realising that it was me who had to change for god(and he never promised me a good life untill after I died)but everything I did to put god first failed and I realised this way doesnt work either. I was now at a cross roads, theres only two ways to follow god. For him or for yourself, but I couldnt do either one. So now I am looking at what the rest of the world has to offer.

Chris, in my own life I am extremely frustrated at God. I have many sessions where I curse His helpfulness. But everyday before I go to bed, I thank Him for all he has done. For the cross. For making me. For all my blessings. I repent and say no matter what I will push on and carry my cross. Sure, living life like the devil wants will be easier! But I hate the devils ways! you? Lets be realistic and honest, it is either God's way or our (the devils) way.

Life is frustrating for us! and imho it will only be getting worse. This is the LAST opportunity for God to test us with the presence of evil. In heaven there will be no afflictions, no infirmities, no suffering, no tears. Only joy, peace and happiness.

We are living in the last days. Just like in a race you take a deep breath before the finish line, we all need to be taking that breath! and finish the race. Nobody said it was easy. If a church did, they lied. Imagine how proud God is of His children who remain loyal despite suffering.

God has boasted about you for the last 13 years ;).

Back