Hope

Dusty

Inactive
Hope

How can you prove God is real?

The truth is, even though there are wonderful arguments for the existence of God, you cannot prove His existence. You can point to His world and His works, but He is invisible. Some have heard Him speak in an audible voice, but again, no one has caught God on an audio recorder.

Is this a problem? Is it troubling? Not at all! If God could be seen through a telescope or under a microscope, would He be the Almighty God proclaimed in His Word? He's the Creator and as such cannot be studied in the same way as His creation.

Paul asks, "Who hopes for what he already has?" He also says, "Hope that is seen is no hope at all." Hope is for the deeper, more profound realities that require open hearts and eyes.

Click here to watch a short movie about hope.Movie from Max Lucado .

Lord, thank You for revealing Yourself to me in my heart and for the faith to see You. Amen.

Psalm 25:3
No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse

Psalm 31:24
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Please keep adding the verses that speak of HOPE . OUr hope is in you Lord .

We shall not be moved .

1 Timothy 6:17
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

The Bible Dictionary says HOPE is : expectation .

1. (n.) The act or state of expecting or looking forward to an event as about to happen.
2. (n.) That which is expected or looked for.
3. (n.) The prospect of the future; grounds upon which something excellent is expected to happen; prospect of anything good to come, esp. of property or rank.
4. (n.) The value of any chance (as the prospect of prize or property) which depends upon some contingent event. Expectations are computed for or against the occurrence of the event.
5. (n.) The leaving of the disease principally to the efforts of nature to effect a cure.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia EXPECT; EXPECTATION

Hebrews 11

1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

According to the writer of Hebrews, faith is made up of two things: surety in what we hope for and certainty in what we do not see.

Colossians 1:27

27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

The hope of glory is Christ.

How can you prove God is real?

True faith doesn't need proof. That's why it is called FAITH.

Just a thought . . .
thinkiwyw.gif

True faith doesn't need proof. That's why it is called FAITH.

Just a thought . . .
thinkiwyw.gif

Hey , I like that . The question was asked because so many non - Christians ask that question and if we are ready with an answer , that's perfect . We know, that we know, but how do we explain it to others ?

I think also by our actions, our love towards them and not just a superficial love but an unconditional love that comes from God who is Love . In oder for us to share this love God burdens us with people who need extra love and acceptance and in this world today a lot of people are looking for acceptance . They don 't know who they are until they meet Jesus .
How can those that don't believe in Him prove He is NOT real? :)

They try by all their false doctine and education and brian washing and trying to dispute with others and putting satn's tasctics into their thinking . They can't prove anything by try to convince themselves.

Example : I have a neice married to a professor at a university that is actually teaching religion and his eyes are blinded by the enemy and he has the head knowledge but it has not gotten to his heart.

Back to our regular scheduled program .... LOL .... Adding HOPE verses :

Galatians 5:5
But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope.

hope: to cherish a desire with anticipation;
to desire with expectation of obtainment;
to expect with confidence.

Romans 15:4 . . . "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

Acts 24:15 . . . "And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow,
that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust."

signs25.jpg

Thankyou IHL ...

Romans 4:18
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."

Another Bible Dictionary note of " Hope "

A desire of some good, accompanied with an expectation of obtaining it, or a belief that it is obtainable; an expectation of something which is thought to be desirable; confidence; pleasing expectancy.

(n.) One who, or that which, gives hope, furnishes ground of expectation, or promises desired good.
(n.) That which is hoped for; an object of hope.
(v. i.) To entertain or indulge hope; to cherish a desire of good, or of something welcome, with expectation of obtaining it or belief that it is obtainable; to expect; -- usually followed by for.
(v. i.) To place confidence; to trust with confident expectation of good; -- usually followed by in.
(v. t.) To desire with expectation or with belief in the possibility or prospect of obtaining; to look forward to as a thing desirable, with the expectation of obtaining it; to cherish hopes of. . (v. t.) To expect

I like these . With expectation we build our hope and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and believe that He gives us the hope of eternal life when we follow Him and walk with Him . We trust in the True and living God who never fails , who is always close by us , who satisfies our every need , and who knows us better than we know ourselves.

My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
in ev’ry high and stormy gale
my anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood
support me in the whelming flood;
when all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in Him be found,
dressed in His righteousness alone,
faultless to stand before the throne.
Refrain: On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand
—all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.

Hope .. that we can see . is not hope at all .

Hope is based in trust . so it is like trusting something good is going to happen . though we're not quite sure the exact form it will take .

Back