I pray this may help you
14) The Farmer plants seed by taking God's Word to others. 15)The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message, only to have satan come at once and take it away. 16) The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with Joy. 17) But since they don't have deep roots, they don't last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God's Word. 18) The seed that fell among the thorns represents others who hear God's Word, 19) but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. 20) and the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God's Word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted.
There are 7 ways for the Word of God to be unfruitful. The first 2 are self inflicted and the last 5 are from the devil.
1) Is being a wayside hearer. Meaning that as your pastor or even God through His Word, sows or preaches the Word....you choose that you don't want to hear it. In Matthew 13:15, it says that those people have chosen to close their ears and eyes.
2) Is being a person who has no root. In Luke 8:6 it says that other seed fell on the rocks...it began to grow, but it soon wilted and died for lack of moisture. So the person who received the Word of God, didn't do what was necessary to water the Word (by studying and meditating) (josh 1:8) to make sure that what was planted in their spirits would take root. Meaning the person would become settled in it and can live it.
3) #1 that the devil uses to steal the Word) Is afflictions through test and trials or pressure in circumstances. Vs. 17...kjv affliction that arises for the Words sake. But if we walk according to James 1...having Joy in all tests and trials.
4) Is persecution for the Words sake. This is pressure through people. Meaning that the devil sends people in your path to try to offend you or irritate you....trying to get you to not walk in Love and forgiveness, but in strife with others. James 3:16 says that where envy and strife is there is every evil work. Meaning as soon as you become offended or irritated by someone you open the door to the devil taking a shot at you that he didn't have coming to him. And you open the door to forgetting the Word that you just learned because you are concentrating on who upset you in stead of what you just heard. The devil tries to do this before you get the Word to deep so that it's easier for him to steal it.
5) Is cares of this world. Or distractions (watching to much tv or ungodly movies or whatever worldly things are more important than God) The answer to this is Colossians 3:1.....which is setting your affections and attentions on things above
6) Deceitfulness of riches. Meaning your seeking after money and not God. The answer to this is Matthew 6:33....Seek first the Kingdom of God.
7) is the Lust of the flesh. The lust for the reaction of your flesh. Which includes emotions or anger or what have you. The answer to this is to walk in the spirit as in Galatians 5:16.
The good ground person is one who is meditating in the Word.....memorizing scripture.....spending much time in the Word of God and teachings from their pastor. Making sure that the Word of God is well watered in their spirits. This also comes from speaking the Word of God out loud, aligning your words with the Word. For Faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of God.