Horrible day, attack from the enemy?

I just had a horrible day, it was so terrible I'm not even sure where to begin.

It started with a terrible discussion at work, I'm a high school teacher and two of my superiors were not pleased with my lessons (too many outdoor activities, they said). Things got really nasty, I don't like people messing with my classes. May God forgive me if I was proud or arrogant.

I don't know if these two events were related, but I also got terribly sick - headaches, tremors, flu like symptoms. I was extremely depressed, as well.

And I broke a promise I had made to God several months ago.

Bad things happen all the time but I'm convinced this was an attack from the enemy. It was just too much happening in such a short period of time.

I'm feeling better today but I'm not sure what to do. I have offended God in several ways, maybe I should do some sort of 'penance', I don't know!

maybe I should do some sort of 'penance', I don't know!
That would be works and defeats only grace. Repentance is realizing you're wrong and confessing your sins, which you did, and having faith that Jesus covered it already. Think about it, do you think anything we do can make us clean? We're dirty. We only have dirt around us and only have dirty rags to clean with. It's only the work of Jesus that cleans us. You've repented, now believe.

It started with a terrible discussion at work, I'm a high school teacher and two of my superiors were not pleased with my lessons (too many outdoor activities, they said). Things got really nasty, I don't like people messing with my classes. May God forgive me if I was proud or arrogant.

I don't know if these two events were related, but I also got terribly sick - headaches, tremors, flu like symptoms. I was extremely depressed, as well.

Bad things happen all the time but I'm convinced this was an attack from the enemy. It was just too much happening in such a short period of time.

I'm feeling better today but I'm not sure what to do. I have offended God in several ways, maybe I should do some sort of 'penance', I don't know!

Sounds to me like it was an attack from the enemy. He is going in, where he knows that if he pushes just a little bit, your flesh will respond. And when your flesh responds in a way that does not glorify God then you have opened the door for other things of the enemy (sickness is one) to attack you. In other words you gave the enemy a shot at you that he did not have coming.

The best thing that you did was repent and ask for forgiveness. And maybe something else you can do is to ask your co workers to forgive you also (if you have not already). God is developing many things in you. You are His ambassador of His love and forgiveness here in the earth. And if the devil can get your flesh to react in a way contrary to that then as James 3:16 says....
For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition (or the kjv says strife), there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

The strife between you and other co workers can cause bad things in all of your lives. Not to mention that if you don't forgive them, you open the door further for the enemy to mess with you more, and to bring about more attacks. Also when there is sin in our lives then it destroys out witness to the unbelievers. Love opens prison doors and evil keeps them bound and locked up tight. Love sets the captive free, while unforgiveness is poison to the body. Jesus wants to shine through you wherever you go....but the devil wants you silenced.

You may have to check the policy's at work to see if what your doing lines up, if it doesn't then as an obedient servant of Jesus Christ you have some re arranging to do. For we must always adhere to the rules. If you were correct then maybe a conversation with the principle is in order.

So my friend walk in forgiveness and restored righteousness (1 John 1:9) and go make amends to those whom you were upset with.

God love you! And Bless you abundantly!

Last edited:
I pray this may help you :)

Mark 4:14-20
14) The Farmer plants seed by taking God's Word to others. 15)The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message, only to have satan come at once and take it away. 16) The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with Joy. 17) But since they don't have deep roots, they don't last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God's Word. 18) The seed that fell among the thorns represents others who hear God's Word, 19) but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. 20) and the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God's Word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted.

There are 7 ways for the Word of God to be unfruitful. The first 2 are self inflicted and the last 5 are from the devil.

1) Is being a wayside hearer. Meaning that as your pastor or even God through His Word, sows or preaches the Word....you choose that you don't want to hear it. In Matthew 13:15, it says that those people have chosen to close their ears and eyes.

2) Is being a person who has no root. In Luke 8:6 it says that other seed fell on the rocks...it began to grow, but it soon wilted and died for lack of moisture. So the person who received the Word of God, didn't do what was necessary to water the Word (by studying and meditating) (josh 1:8) to make sure that what was planted in their spirits would take root. Meaning the person would become settled in it and can live it.

3) #1 that the devil uses to steal the Word) Is afflictions through test and trials or pressure in circumstances. Vs. 17...kjv affliction that arises for the Words sake. But if we walk according to James 1...having Joy in all tests and trials.

4) Is persecution for the Words sake. This is pressure through people. Meaning that the devil sends people in your path to try to offend you or irritate you....trying to get you to not walk in Love and forgiveness, but in strife with others. James 3:16 says that where envy and strife is there is every evil work. Meaning as soon as you become offended or irritated by someone you open the door to the devil taking a shot at you that he didn't have coming to him. And you open the door to forgetting the Word that you just learned because you are concentrating on who upset you in stead of what you just heard. The devil tries to do this before you get the Word to deep so that it's easier for him to steal it.

5) Is cares of this world. Or distractions (watching to much tv or ungodly movies or whatever worldly things are more important than God) The answer to this is Colossians 3:1.....which is setting your affections and attentions on things above

6) Deceitfulness of riches. Meaning your seeking after money and not God. The answer to this is Matthew 6:33....Seek first the Kingdom of God.

7) is the Lust of the flesh. The lust for the reaction of your flesh. Which includes emotions or anger or what have you. The answer to this is to walk in the spirit as in Galatians 5:16.

The good ground person is one who is meditating in the Word.....memorizing scripture.....spending much time in the Word of God and teachings from their pastor. Making sure that the Word of God is well watered in their spirits. This also comes from speaking the Word of God out loud, aligning your words with the Word. For Faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

God Bless!

I know that this is not a popular thought with others but as i was praying today i felt as if your "penance" is to make amends with your co workers, even if you feel you were in the right, and are in the right. Its not about who is right or wrong its about you humbling yourself before Almighty God and bringing about the peace of unity and God will work in your behalf.

God bless

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Proverbs 3:5-8New International Version (NIV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.a]">[a]

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.

Back