How can you be not consumed and compare yourself to others?

As i have asked before. Please show me scriptures to make your claim. These scriptures you bring are out of context so as to se,em to say what you believe.

Yes we are to be content in all situations. This mean walking in love and joy and being the same spiritually in all. This does not say we are to accept these things or not strive to rise above.

So please either show me how the scriptures say what you are claiming or bring me some that do. :)
I am not being mean or ignorant or anything else. You made reply claiming what i said was not true. So i expect you to show me this. That is not out of the ordinary now is it?
Blessings

Jim,
You're adding words to my statement.
I specifically said that we are not promised to live a physically prosperous life. I did not say that God will not provide a way out, He might, but He might not, and that's okay because He is God.

The scriptures were not pulled out of context, all were written specifically to a group of or an individual believer where the principle can be applied to all believers.

Now I really hope that we are talking apples and oranges, when I mention prosperity, or the lack thereof I am only talking about physical wealth. I am not talking about the prosperity of the believer's spirit or walk with the Lord

Jim,
I specifically said that we are not promised to live a physically prosperous life. I did not say that God will not provide a way out, He might, but He might not, and that's okay because He is God.

The scriptures were not pulled out of context, all were written specifically to a group of or an individual believer where the principle can be applied to all believers.

Now I really hope that we are talking apples and oranges, when I mention prosperity, or the lack thereof I am only talking about physical wealth. I am not talking about the prosperity of the believer's spirit or walk with the Lord

Klub Hi,
I specifically said that we are not promised to live a physically prosperous life. I did not say that God will not provide a way out, He might, but He might not, and that's okay because He is God
No sir I added nothing as in saying you said anything other then what you have said.
You say God might or might not provide a way out and that is ok because He is God. Brother that is a cop out to say the least.

Can be applied you say..... yes especially if you take what is said and make it say other things to fit your belief.
I said they were out of context because you use them as saying something they did not.
Example you took a piece of the son of man has no place to lay His head or rest and spoke it as Christians have not.
First off this scripture is Not saying Jesus was poor or had no home or anything like this. That is simply a religious belief with No understanding.
Example when scripture refers to Thee House in
capernaum - well sir that house belonged to Jesus and was used as a ministry headquarters.

Now I really hope that we are talking apples and oranges, when I mention prosperity, or the lack thereof I am only talking about physical wealth. I am not talking about the prosperity of the believer's spirit or walk with the Lord[/QUOTE]
Brother any time you talk about True Biblical Prosperity it does in fact contain physical wealth as well. You can not take any piece of biblical prosperity out of the mix. About this apple and orange stuff, it was a poor choice of words by a brother.

Now then again I am asking you to show me where in Gods word it backs your view of this. :)
Thank you for replying with me.
have a great night
james

Yep and the word for word is bee. How is a bee connected to word? The word pollinates just like a bee. Words are seeds. Bees take the seeds from one flower to another flower. Words transfer from people to people. Faith is the strong conviction about a subject. Since faith (strong conviction, belief) about something that doesn't exist (because it is hoped for) causes that thing to become. The Lord spoke "exist light" and it existed. The word became a thing. Literally, Hebrew is a creative, actionable, language.
Biblical Hope is a "Knowing that you Know deep with in your spirit being. Nothing the devil can do or say will change it or hinder it. It does not matter what the doctors report says - it hinders you not - it does not matter what your bank account says - you hinder not. You stay the same today - yesterday and tomorrow - standing strong and steadfast on Gods written word.

Example when we stand for our healing - we must grasp we are already healed. That happened on the cross.
This knowing of Gods word is rock solid with in us. No one or thing other then your self can take this away from you.
We have to fight the good fight of faith and that is a fight we already won But we need to Know that we know this with Nothing wavering.

The devil will come at you six ways to sunday with persecution. If we give ear to this then we faint.
If one finds them selves in a struggle then they have a word failure with in them. These folks are the ones who hardly ever see the victory come to pass.

Example.......This is how a person can find this knowing that they know that they know.......make up thier mind to see this through no matter what. Get your bibles and cd's etc and lock your self in a room. Come out to eat or bathroom or sleep and nothing else and do not talk about anything other then Gods word. Pray and seek God and stay in His word. Allow Him to direct your steps. it might take several days or a week or a month but it will be birthed in you. It will rise up from the inside and you simply will know it is done. You got your break through - Now then you still need to stay in His word and stand your ground biblicaly and this includes your words. Now you can See your healing or what ever "thing" you need to come to pass. You dont need a doctor to tell you. God may send you back any way but this will bring All Glory to Him.

if you need healing then dig up everything He has said about healing - same with anything you may need.

People say I tried this faith stuff and it does not work.........The correct statment is Faith tried them and they failed.
A person can quote Gods word from G to R at any time and this does not make them a mature Believer. A person can think well now I need to use some faith so let me go get some and poof I will have what ever. No sir - they wont last.

Faith is a life style we are commanded to live every single day of our lives. Those who claim God does not heal or prosper in All area's , well sir they simply lack in wisdom and understanding of Gods word and how we are to dwell with in this kingdom of God.

Now then Jesus said............Luke 11:28 Yea rather, Blessed are "they" who "Hear the word of God" And "Keep it"
Notice Those who are Blessed are those who Hear and this is with spiritual ears and not your natural ears
Then Live by them - Keep them - actually do what they say.

Luke 6:47-49 Jesus tells of the difference between those who "hear and do" to those who dont grasp 27-45
All those things matter to any victory in Christ. Miss them and miss your victory. It is that simple.

Now then sir, I have so much more to say - scriptures to chew on - truth to be shown -
This is not apples to oranges ;) no sir it is increase
Blessings
James

I think myself and other young Christians as well are often faced with this challenge. As a young Christian I by no means think I am missing out on anything. I love God and I will never return to my old life. But did anyone at any point in their life ever look at other persons,who are not saved, not praying as hard as you are, not serving God as much as you are, don't believe in God like you do yet still, they prosper.....

And then you are there just waiting on God watching everybody else receive tons of blessings. Comparison is the thief of Joy, yes. But how do you not allow yourself to not be consumed by that?

Hi @Pheonix111,

Take a look at Psalm 71.

With love in Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Back