How Does One Keep The Sabbath And Does It Apply To The New Covenant

Come on? the context proves the Name is not Jesus the Lord but Jesus (Joshua)
And the "them" is speaking of the Jews of that time, who rejected the gospel (in the same manner as those who fell at the rebellion). Which is the whole point of the Book of Hebrews, how the "Hebrews" have failed to "cease" from their "own" works- law....this being the "willful sin" in Heb 10.

So you're saying that Joshua preached the Gospel to the Jews.
And now you're saying that the "Hebrews failed to cease from their own works of the law"...but it was the "Hebrews",
and that "willful sin" applies to them?

Wow MoG you have passed over a whole lot of what we have been discussing to ask this question that is very obvious to me and you already know my reply would never even suggest the Spirit would cause someone to sin, in context of my last post. I thought we had come to some agreement on love? as the fulfillment of the law?

I know these questions sound rudimentary, I am just trying to make sense of your doctrine from a fundamental level. My follow up question is, if someone sins in the flesh, by what law did that sin gain its strength so that we could in fact call it sin?

I know these questions sound rudimentary, I am just trying to make sense of your doctrine from a fundamental level. My follow up question is, if someone sins in the flesh, by what law did that sin gain its strength so that we could in fact call it sin?
Well there is the "law of faith" whatsoever is not of faith is sin. There is the royal law of love, anytime a believer is not walking in love they are in effect "sinning". There is the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ which is basically that we have life in the Spirit and when we walk in the flesh, we are not in the actual work of Gods life in us. So to be in true life, not natural life, but that life that God gives through the Spirit we must see and know the truth about our flesh and have no confidence in the flesh or its ability to have true life.

In effect these laws all work together and John explains the Two Commandments "believe and love" Paul said nothing profits but faith working by love. God is not looking for us to have a new set of New Testament laws, like the Old. He desires us to obey from the heart and has written on our hearts His law which is and always was "love". God wants me and you to know these things are in us and in liberty not legalism, the divine nature of God works in us to will and act according to His good purpose. I know this is nothing you have ever heard before, but if you have the Spirit of God, He will bear witness to the truth of what I am saying.

Well there is the "law of faith" whatsoever is not of faith is sin. There is the royal law of love, anytime a believer is not walking in love they are in effect "sinning". There is the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ which is basically that we have life in the Spirit and when we walk in the flesh, we are not in the actual work of Gods life in us. So to be in true life, not natural life, but that life that God gives through the Spirit we must see and know the truth about our flesh and have no confidence in the flesh or its ability to have true life.

In effect these laws all work together and John explains the Two Commandments "believe and love" Paul said nothing profits but faith working by love. God is not looking for us to have a new set of New Testament laws, like the Old. He desires us to obey from the heart and has written on our hearts His law which is and always was "love". God wants me and you to know these things are in us and in liberty not legalism, the divine nature of God works in us to will and act according to His good purpose. I know this is nothing you have ever heard before, but if you have the Spirit of God, He will bear witness to the truth of what I am saying.

You said " God is not looking for us to have a new set of New Testament laws, like the Old. "

So are you implying that people in the old testament were saved by a law of works?

You said " God is not looking for us to have a new set of New Testament laws, like the Old. "

So are you implying that people in the old testament were saved by a law of works?
I really don't understand my friend, how you can come up with some of the things you are trying to raise? Its almost as if every time you are in a position to have to answer a real biblical question or deal with a truth in scripture that defeats the doctrines of your group, you just come up with something off the wall, to change the subject? How does this question relate to your previous question? and my response? Or to the question before that and the answer or to the question I ask of you and got no answer? They where not saved by works just as the scriptures declare. Now that is another issue that I would be glad to explain "after" we have resolved some of these New Testament issues that we just cant seem to stay focused on. So if you don't mind, let us go back to "love" as the fulfillment of the law. do you accept the scripture that "all the law is fulfilled in one word"?

To sanctify = qadash = to consecrate, dedicate, prepare, to make hallowed or to separate unto

Sanctification is the work of God not man which ONLY God can do for it to have any semblance of “being Holy”. Jesus says Sanctify them Father by the truth, your word is truth…it is about something God does not man’s ability to conform to a certain model. When God sanctified the priests and vessels and instruments of the Temple (which we now are) HE (not we) set these apart and washed them in the waters of purification in a Mikvah (a bath or pool as an outward expression of that inward grace). THEN and only then, those people who ARE sanctified have certain responsibilities by which they can then cooperate with the sanctification process. Only God makes something Holy and when God makes something Holy it is Holy and we cannot change that. That which He has cleaned is clean indeed.

Establishing the Law does not negate or oppose the crucifixion of Christ or vice versa. The Law is established only he who tries to live (as in have eternal life) by the Law must also be judged by the law. He who tries to earn or keep God’s grace by the law must keep the whole of the law (every jot and tittle) and in light of the deeper more true revelation of the law as expounded by Christ, it is not possible for anyone to keep the whole of the law. This being true we KNOW we are sinners worthy of condemnation (the purpose of the law) but God so loved the world He provided the redeemer (our ransom)….so that which we could not do (no one but Christ, not ever) in the flesh, He has done in the Spirit (the purpose of Christ)…

Brother Paul

To sanctify = qadash = to consecrate, dedicate, prepare, to make hallowed or to separate unto

Sanctification is the work of God not man which ONLY God can do for it to have any semblance of “being Holy”. Jesus says Sanctify them Father by the truth, your word is truth…it is about something God does not man’s ability to conform to a certain model. When God sanctified the priests and vessels and instruments of the Temple (which we now are) HE (not we) set these apart and washed them in the waters of purification in a Mikvah (a bath or pool as an outward expression of that inward grace). THEN and only then, those people who ARE sanctified have certain responsibilities by which they can then cooperate with the sanctification process. Only God makes something Holy and when God makes something Holy it is Holy and we cannot change that. That which He has cleaned is clean indeed.

Establishing the Law does not negate or oppose the crucifixion of Christ or vice versa. The Law is established only he who tries to live (as in have eternal life) by the Law must also be judged by the law. He who tries to earn or keep God’s grace by the law must keep the whole of the law (every jot and tittle) and in light of the deeper more true revelation of the law as expounded by Christ, it is not possible for anyone to keep the whole of the law. This being true we KNOW we are sinners worthy of condemnation (the purpose of the law) but God so loved the world He provided the redeemer (our ransom)….so that which we could not do (no one but Christ, not ever) in the flesh, He has done in the Spirit (the purpose of Christ)…

Brother Paul
Wow brother Paul, you are a great source of wisdom and knowledge. Lets think in context of New Testament "holiness" in light of what you have shared in this post. God makes a item, vessel, person "holy". For His use as it relates to His plans and purposes. The "item" made holy is to remain in this place that God has sanctified it for. It should remain and continue in the purpose that God has sanctified it for. It is a work of God to sanctify us, we are to remain in that purpose for which we are sanctified? That is a concept that some cannot see? Some believe that we are in a process of "holiness" that is based upon our own ability. Please give me some more of your thoughts on this issue?

Wow brother Paul, you are a great source of wisdom and knowledge. Lets think in context of New Testament "holiness" in light of what you have shared in this post. God makes a item, vessel, person "holy". For His use as it relates to His plans and purposes. The "item" made holy is to remain in this place that God has sanctified it for. It should remain and continue in the purpose that God has sanctified it for. It is a work of God to sanctify us, we are to remain in that purpose for which we are sanctified? That is a concept that some cannot see? Some believe that we are in a process of "holiness" that is based upon our own ability. Please give me some more of your thoughts on this issue?

Thank you, Brother Paul.
Mitspa, I am glad you finally see it: Brother Paul has explained it (holiness) very well. I hope everyone can also "see" that without the waters, the sanctification of the vessels would not be complete.

Thank you, Brother Paul.
Mitspa, I am glad you finally see it: Brother Paul has explained it (holiness) very well. I hope everyone can also "see" that without the waters, the sanctification of the vessels would not be complete.
That's not what he said, but glad you "see" that its "complete"

Brother Paul

Thank you brother Paul. I am with you every step of the way except i am not sure what you mean by keeping Gods grace. If you sin it is clear we trampled on the grace of God and must confess in order to receive it again. Agree or disagree?

Thank you brother Paul. I am with you every step of the way except i am not sure what you mean by keeping Gods grace. If you sin it is clear we trampled on the grace of God and must confess in order to receive it again. Agree or disagree?
The "willful" sin of Heb 10 is the return to the law, "which is the strength of sin" and it says there is no more an offering for sin. So anyone who sins according to this scripture is not under the grace of confession. Here Paul is teaching the same thing he taught in the book of Gal. That those who return to the law of Moses have rejected and fallen from grace. I would ask have you "willfully" sinned since you where washed in the Blood? If so, you have no more access to the Blood or the Spirit of grace, but only to look forward to the judgment and wrath that is coming upon those who commit this "willful" sin.

The "willful" sin of is the return to the law, "which is the strength of sin" and it says there is no more an offering for sin. So anyone who sins according to this scripture is not under the grace of confession. Here Paul is teaching the same thing he taught in the book of Gal. That those who return to the law of Moses have rejected and fallen from grace. I would ask have you "willfully" sinned since you where washed in the Blood? If so, you have no more access to the Blood or the Spirit of grace, but only to look forward to the judgment and wrath that is coming upon those who commit this "willful" sin.

Beloved, you seem to be mixing a cocktail with the scriptures. "Willful sin" is a rejection not only of the Gospel, but of anything that pertains to God: even the Law. Even as the Israelites were ignorant of God's righteousness and went about to establish their own, so are those who first believed (repented), then went around to establish their own righteousness. Their
righteousness (those who sinned wilfully) was not the righteousness of the Law, but their own righteousness outside of Grace AND the Law!

Yes, there are those who were being seduced by the law: "Oh, foolish Galations, who has bewitched you...". But many were not "...fallen from grace...". Paul was only shooting a warning shot at the Galatians who were being seduced back into the Law; but to those who believed that the law did justify them: "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justifed by the law; you are fallen from grace." We should be careful and not condemn the Brethren that are already being condemned by accusing devils, but try to restore them back into grace: not that they fell from grace, but they stepped out of its providence and into the works of the flesh.

Walk in th eTruth, Beloved.

Not sure where you are going with this...it sounds like you mean that a person who is actually born from above (sealed until the day of redemption) could cease to be born from above and then upon confession be re-born from above until next time and then after confession/repentance be re-born anew then unborn, etc...

So imagine if you will, a person who loves God, and has accepted the free gift in humility over their life of sin. They are not perfect in the outward temporal sense yet, and though they no longer practice sin (it is no longer their lifestyle) they likely fail or fall short now and again. So they are devoted to God and strive to yield to the Spirit doing good works, reading the word, praying, serving, attending church, etc., but then one day while walking they get a lustful thought toward a passing beauty...it is beginning to capture their imagination and WHAM before they had time to confess or repent they got hit by a bus and are dead. Are they covered by the blood of Christ and will enter the Kingdom, or not?

brother Paul

Not sure where you are going with this...it sounds like you mean that a person who is actually born from above (sealed until the day of redemption) could cease to be born from above and then upon confession be re-born from above until next time and then after confession/repentance be re-born anew then unborn, etc...

So imagine if you will, a person who loves God, and has accepted the free gift in humility over their life of sin. They are not perfect in the outward temporal sense yet, and though they no longer practice sin (it is no longer their lifestyle) they likely fail or fall short now and again. So they are devoted to God and strive to yield to the Spirit doing good works, reading the word, praying, serving, attending church, etc., but then one day while walking they get a lustful thought toward a passing beauty...it is beginning to capture their imagination and WHAM before they had time to confess or repent they got hit by a bus and are dead. Are they covered by the blood of Christ and will enter the Kingdom, or not?

brother Paul

Based on what you shared, he did not enter into the realm of sin yet according to the definition of sin found in James 1:14-16. But supposed that Lust did conceive in his mind, to the point where the only thing stopping him was the opportunity to act on the lust, well lets just say I would not want to die w/ that as the last thought going on in my mind. Whether he is safe or not to bring into the harmony of Heaven is up to divine justice.

Just realize that when you confess, you are also repenting. Only a complete surrender of the heart for that sin would be a true confession and can be accepted by God. And if there is a complete surrender, the sin eventually is overcome, for good. Otherwise the Christian would just have a form of Godliness while denying the power thereof.

Blessings,
MoG

Last edited:
I agree with the idea of what a glorious promised filled grace that confession/repentance is believe me...I am constantly in a state of humility before God. Thank you Father you have not made salvation to be based on our sinless perfection...Hallelujah! But saved then unsaved then saved again, then one day unsaved again and then later saved again...is spiritual Russian Roulette. If one is really (actually genuinely) born of His Spirit they are sealed until the day of redemption (the parousia...the coming)...Hallelujah, thank you God. Once born of Him, one really has to turn against God (Apostasia) to fall from grace (proving they were really never one of us).

Lust was a fine example but one just as well could have bore false witness against someone and not yet realized it (WHAM)...or had unresolved anger toward their brother (WHAM)...or made God a promise they would now not be able to fulfill (WHAM)...all are sin if Judgment is based on the Law, but praise be to God for sending His Son whose sacrifice was sufficient to atone and fully redeem...

Last edited:
Thank you TalkJesus,

Actually, salvation was indeed the issue in Galatia. False teachers were mingling Jewish traditions with the truth of the Gospel. By ignoring the decision of the general council at Jerusalem (Acts 15:24), teachers in Galatia was still propagating this false theology. Therefore, the issue was that certain leaders, due to these teachings, thought that these traditions were essential for salvation while others most likely contended w/ the false doctrine. Paul would set the record straight.

Notice the origin of the false doctrine/gospel of circumcision:

Acts 15:1
" And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved."

Therefore, Paul's epistle to Galatia and to other churches as well is directly addressing the issue of salvation/justification. This was the burden of his heart. No one can be justified by the law, only through Christ alone are we saved. But he took great pains to preserve the sanctity of the Law so that the doctrine that your advocating would not crop up. For example, he would call the law and the commandments Holy, just and good (Rom 7:12), and spiritual (Rom 7:13). He would tell us the law is not abolished and that we should establish it (Rom 3:31). This was Paul great balancing act. Otherwise, it would have been easy to write that the law did not apply any longer.

Blessings,
MoG
I was wondering why you took a cheap shot at me? So you don't like my doctrine and cannot have a discussion about the law and its purpose. Of course the law (every jot and tittle) is abolished for those in Christ.. To uphold the law...is to upholds its purpose..to make all guilty and bring all to to be justified by faith alone... thats how the law is upheld...not by pretending to keep it with dead works of the flesh.

I was wondering why you took a cheap shot at me? So you don't like my doctrine and cannot have a discussion about the law and its purpose. Of course the law (every jot and tittle) is abolished for those in Christ.. To uphold the law...is to upholds its purpose..to make all guilty and bring all to to be justified by faith alone... thats how the law is upheld...not by pretending to keep it with dead works of the flesh.

My brother,

I have nothing against you and no personal feelings against you. I pray that you take the rebuke in the right spirit. But I fear God more then I fear men, and that poor soul should not think for a moment that Christians behave in that fashion. We are not at liberty to use the same tactics and methods the devil uses. On the other hand, we are to exhibit the principals found in 1 Cor 13 and fruits of the spirit in Gal 5. It is not enough to know scripture, we have to live it.

God Bless,
MoG

My brother,

I have nothing against you and no personal feelings against you. I pray that you take the rebuke in the right spirit. But I fear God more then I fear men, and that poor soul should not think for a moment that Christians behave in that fashion. We are not at liberty to use the same tactics and methods the devil uses. On the other hand, we are to exhibit the principals found in 1 Cor 13 and fruits of the spirit in Gal 5. It is not enough to know scripture, we have to live it.

God Bless,
MoG
No it is not Godly to allow evil to come and attempt to destroy the faith of other believers. If the mods on this forum would defend the members of this forum as they should...I would not have to put these people in their place as I have done. I see no evidence you have any place or ability to judge my actions in regards to how I rebuke evil. Pride is what these people are acting in, destroy their ability to feed that pride by the ridicule of Christians and they will go away...as I have proven. As far as your ungodly attack, its clear you cannot defeat my doctrine and are no more than like those Pharisees who attempted to find fault in the Lord because they could not defeat His Words. The fruit of the Spirit is not a religious mask, to try to "appear" to others as being spiritual. Its living spiritual truth that abides in me, that even as I rebuke the evil in that man and in you, these things abound in me. The only one who really "loved" this ungodly person was me and a few others who challenged him in his pride. You appear to have much to learn..

Back