How The Devil/satan Deceiveth The Whole World

Hey are you ever going to answer the questions that I have ask of you? I know you will not, because you cannot defend what you are trying to affirm... You are teaching false doctrine and you cannot defend it because its not biblical or sound doctrine.

You don't ask question to learn, but know this, this lesson I'm posting is the truth and nothing but the truth. The more you post like that the less I will respond to you!!

The devil has been trying to get preachers to say that God's Ten Commandments have been done away with. But when will it ever be right to break God's sixth, eighth, or ninth commandments and kill, steal or lie? All ten stand or fall together because it's a sweet love relationship between you and God. If you break one, you break them all (James 2:10,11). It's like two lovers - it's either all or nothing.

Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Matthew 5:17,18. Heaven and earth haven't passed away yet. It's true that we are saved by God's free grace and not by our obedience (Ephesians 2:8). I praise God that His salvation is a free gift which we can receive by simple faith. It's also true that if a person willfully, persistently disobeys God, it shows that he really doesn't love God enough to obey Him, and hasn't received this free gift. Now Paul said in Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries God's true people will be obedient, happy people who love Him so much that they would rather die than sin against Him any more! Obedience becomes a joy when you're walking with Jesus!

It's new to many people that Moses received more than one set of laws. On the mountain, God gave him the ten commandments which He says will stand forever. Moses also received the ceremonial law which consist of the killing of animals. It was "added because of sin" and pointed forward to the sacrifice of the Son of God on the cross. It was to keep fresh in the people's minds that some day the real sacrifice for sin would come. The innocent little lamb represented "The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29. Since Jesus really came and died for us, it's easy to see that this ceremonial law is no longer needed. There was another set of laws that God gave to His people. They were the health laws as found in Leviticus 11, and Deuteronomy 14. Because of these, God's people were the healthiest people in the world! They didn't get the horrible diseases of the other nations, or even like we have in our world today. Since our stomachs and bodies are the same as theirs, those who follow these wise, and scientific health laws today also reap the delightful benefits. They just don't get the terrifying cancer, heart attack, etc., like others. Our God is so kind! It makes you fall in love with that lovely Person - Jesus.

Satan has palmed off the biggest counterfeit in the history of man. Look at this shocker - The Catholic authorities proclaim: "The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep the first day of the week. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic Church!" Father Enright, C.S.S.R. of the Redemptoral College, Kansas City, Mo., as taken from History of the Sabbath. pg. 802. Amazing! No wonder the Bible says: "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him? And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life." Revelation 13:4,8. Incredible!

No time has been lost track of. To see how the days of our week are the same as in the time of Christ. Some ministers, who don't have one Bible text to show will say, "Don't worry about God's commandments, just worship God every day, or pick one day in seven." Some highly educated ministers have even said, "Don't worry about following the Bible, it's out of date. You just live a good life, and everything will be all right." Many ministers when asked why they meet on Sunday instead of the seventh day, will honestly say, "I know that Saturday is the seventh day Sabbath and the Bible hasn't changed it but if I were to tell the people that, I'd lose my job!" But it was fear of losing his job and getting in trouble that caused Pilate to do what he did. Remember? When the people shouted, "If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend," (John 19:12), Pilate was scared. If the people turned against him for letting Jesus go, no telling what might happen. It would cost him his job! The record says, "And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged Him, to be crucified." Mark 15:15. That's heavy!

You don't ask question to learn, but know this, this lesson I'm posting is the truth and nothing but the truth. The more you post like that the less I will respond to you!!
Well you cannot answer me...that's my point! You are not a teacher of the truth, because you cannot defend what you are trying to affirm.

it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Lev 23:3). A holy convocation is an assembly of the people of God, who come together to worship him.

Yes a convocation….In ALL their DWELLINGS…

There are two calendars that exist.

Oh no, there are far more…your comparison is amiss…

When God said that Nisan would be the first of months the first day of that month was a new day of counting days…we have no idea and the Bible says nothing as to what day of the week (in God’s former calendar) that the 1st of Nisan fell on…it could have been the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, who knows which week day in that year…the point is the counting of sevens begins there…that’s all….Sunday is irrelevant as early Christians worshipped a day nor “the day of the Sun” or the Sun on that day…that was not even in their frame of reference…the early church followed the Jewish dating calling the names of the days by the number of the day of the week it fell on.

Only after the church went out into the empire (for the sake of communication) did some of them use those names (Saturday, Sunday, etc.)….Justin Martyr only used this word “Sunday” because of his audience (to the Emperor of Rome) the Martyr himself though weaned on philosophy when a pagan youth was discipled by the Bishops of Palestine...

Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship. There’s no excuse regarding the Sabbath Day of the Lord -God of the Bible. After reading this with your own eyes, brothers and sisters...In (Gen.2:2-5) (v.2) And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. (v.3) And God blessed the seventh day (every seventh day of the week is a blessed and holy day) and sanctified it (it is a day that is separated (sanctified) for a purpose) because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. (v.5) "and there was not a man to till the ground." There was not a Jew, Catholic, Baptist, or Seventh Day Adventist; in fact, there was not a Christian when He constituted the Sabbath Day!

God intended for the weekly Sabbath (this word means rest in Hebrew) to be a refreshing blessing for mankind. God knew that human beings would need periodic rest and change from work. But the purpose for keeping God's Sabbath goes far beyond simply resting on that day. We need that time each week to have close spiritual contact with God through prayer, bible study and fellowship with other believers. The Sabbath day is a blessing not a curse as ministers of Satan would have you to believe. Yes Satan has his own ministers and they bring you his doctrine. (2Cor.11:13-15) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (v.14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (v.15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Paul said in (1 Tim.4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; The first day of the week, as the Sabbath day, is the doctrine of the devil. Satan is always trying to mimic God. So if it is not of God then it is of Satan. So if the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) is a sign between God and His people. Then the first day (Sunday) is a sign between somebody and his people. You can’t have it both ways you are either in or out. (1Cor.10:20-22) (v.20) "and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils". (v.21) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. (v.22) Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? Just about everybody in my family goes to church on Sunday. Even I used too, until I read the scriptures and researched the history of Sunday worship. Until I read the bible for myself I was in the dark.

Now here’s your chance to come into the light. (1Peter:2:9) "that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:" Open your eyes sisters and brothers and see. Let no man deceive you. (Rev12:9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Satan through man (Religious Teaching) has deceived the whole world.

SO is salvation attained by keeping the commandments written in stone? Yes or no!

That which He began in the Spirit does He now end in the flesh? Yes or no!

No lengthy accusations just take a stand....

By the way Bro Tan I do not hear anyone here saying the 10 Commandments have been done away with, only clarified and applied differently....now not only do not murder but do not hang onto anger, not just do not commit adultery but stop the lusting in your heart, now we do not rest only on the 7th day but we rest in Him (which is an eternal rest, and eternal shabbat)...so it is not that we do not OBEY THE 10...we fulfill the 10 as they are written on our hearts...the law we follow is called the law of the Spirit...which is the requirement of the New Covenant...ever notice that when the Jerusalem council met and they asked what is required of the gentiles the 7th day is never mentioned?

By the way Bro Tan I do not hear anyone here saying the 10 Commandments have been done away with, only clarified and applied differently....now not only do not murder but do not hang onto anger, not just do not commit adultery but stop the lusting in your heart, now we do not rest only on the 7th day but we rest in Him (which is an eternal rest, and eternal shabbat)...so it is not that we do not OBEY THE 10...we fulfill the 10 as they are written on our hearts...the law we follow is called the law of the Spirit...which is the requirement of the New Covenant...ever notice that when the Jerusalem council met and they asked what is required of the gentiles the 7th day is never mentioned?

The law of the spirit is the commandments.

So lets take a look and see what happen to Satan and how he got kick out of Heaven.. lets go into Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. Let’s skip down to verse 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Notice how happy the angels were when Satan was cast out. But look how they gave us a warning. "Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time." Woe is right. We have enemies running around and we can't even see them. ...a 3rd part of an innumerable amount of angels. These are spirit beings they never sleep or get tired, and they were here before the dinosaurs. Now let’s read and allow the Lord to confirm Satan giving thrown out. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. (Luke 10:18-20)

Now lets take a look and see what Satan been doing since he been on earth. Lets go into Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. 1 Peter 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Let's recap what we have learned before we continue. We've learned at the beginning of this lesson how to defend ourselves against evil spirits. We also found out how Satan and his minions operate through men and how they were kicked out of heaven and landed right here on earth. He is also used symbolically in the book of Revelation as the entire Gentile dynasty. Now, let's take a look at how Satan’s city will be defeated. That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon and say, "How hath the oppressor ceased!" the golden city ceased! (Isaiah 14:4) The golden city is Rome; this is the seat of Satan (Vatican City). Satan has used the Papacy to deceive the whole world. Everything that people call holy has come out of Rome not the Bible. Notice how it says the oppressor has ceased? We know now, that Satan is the oppressor that weakens the nation.

Now here’s your chance to come into the light. (1Peter:2:9) "that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:" Open your eyes sisters and brothers and see.
Let no man deceive you. (Rev12:9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Satan through man (Religious Teaching) has deceived the whole world. Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency. Since then, the original Sabbath gradually gave way to Sunday observance and the practice remains to this day. The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God.

Go into your history books and prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so. Sisters and brothers I pray that you read your bibles for yourselves and pray for understanding. And don’t let some unlearned false preacher deceive you. The Sabbath of the Lord has, and will always be the seventh day of the week (sunset Friday to sunset Saturday) and has not been changed. I know that some will say, well we don’t know if the seventh day in Jesus time is the same seventh day now. Well the bible says: (Mat 28:1) In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. Now this proves that in Jesus day when the Sabbath (Saturday) ended the first day of the week (Sunday) began. Guess what? In our day when the seventh day ends the first day of the week begins, no change!

The law of the spirit is the commandments.

How God has redefined them no one can keep them consistently...like for example, if your honest I am sure within the last week you had lustful thoughts. I'm sure you fought them and maybe by the Holy Spirit succeeded at combating them (the Lord be praised)...and how about the last time you got angry at a brother? Maybe one or two right on this forum! But you confess and repent and the Lord blesses...but just know that the Lord counts it all as sin so that salvation may be of grace.

The what doesn't change but the meaning and the how can...starting with one lamb per man for an atonement, then one per household so the angel of death would pass over, then one for the sins of the nation, and finally one for the sins of the world...the law demanded standing and sacrificing daily but He came and offered one sacrifice, once for all...the what does not change but the meaning and the how do...GOd has died for all our sins and we are sealed until the day of redemption...try as you will to put us back under the yoke it cannot work because Christ is in us and we are in Christ because of what Christ did...(Titus 3:3-8)

Since your doctrine splinters the word of God, causing one set of scriptures to oppose another, you doctrine is incorrect...the whole counsel of God is true. The passages you quote are true and the passages others here quote are true and they cannot oppose one another (only in one's thinking)

This statement shows you to either be ignorant of the truth or deceived by some other deceived or deceitful source…you said

Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency.

After all you have been shown for you to still spout these lies as if they are truth…I rebuke that spirit that has a hold on you. Father rebuke that lying deceiving spirit that has a veil of bro Tans mind…

I personally showed you the history going all the way up from hundreds of years before Constantine…I showed you the error of calling gathering on the 1st day (as Jews would call it) “Sunday Worship” but you belligerently insist on repeating the delusion…be rebuked spirit…get away from this man…Father lift the veil this very evening…I ask this by the authority of the Lord Jesus Chist…Amen

How God has redefined them no one can keep them consistently...like for example, if your honest I am sure within the last week you had lustful thoughts. I'm sure you fought them and maybe by the Holy Spirit succeeded at combating them (the Lord be praised)...and how about the last time you got angry at a brother? Maybe one or two right on this forum! But you confess and repent and the Lord blesses...but just know that the Lord counts it all as sin so that salvation may be of grace.

The what doesn't change but the meaning and the how can...starting with one lamb per man for an atonement, then one per household so the angel of death would pass over, then one for the sins of the nation, and finally one for the sins of the world...the law demanded standing and sacrificing daily but He came and offered one sacrifice, once for all...the what does not change but the meaning and the how do...GOd has died for all our sins and we are sealed until the day of redemption...try as you will to put us back under the yoke it cannot work because Christ is in us and we are in Christ because of what Christ did...(Titus 3:3-8)

Since your doctrine splinters the word of God, causing one set of scriptures to oppose another, you doctrine is incorrect...the whole counsel of God is true. The passages you quote are true and the passages others here quote are true and they cannot oppose one another (only in one's thinking)

Let's go to the Book of I Timothy chapter one and see if Paul kills the Lords commandments.
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: (I Timothy 1:5)

What does he mean the end of the commandment is charity? What is charity? It means love fore mankind correct? Now take a look at these verses in the Book of Romans.
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (Romans 13:8-10)

Take heed to what Paul says, "love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love (which is charity) is the fulfilling of the law. Paul says, "If you LOVE your neighbor you will not, commit adultery, kill, steal, bear false witness nor covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Once again Paul is quoting from the books Moses! As a matter of fact Paul was quoting the Lord God, remember the Lord gave the Laws to Moses.

Take a look. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. (Exodus 20:13-17)
What do we see here? We see Paul is inline with the rest of the Bible. He is not trying to do away with the Lords commandments. It is the false prophets that do not read the entire book from Genesis to Revelation! They are trying to do away with the Lord's laws. Paul was well aware that the law was to be kept. Pay close attention to what the Chief Apostles says about Paul's writings.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. (II Peter 3:14-17)

Pay very close attention to what Peter says, "in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." If we are not familiarwith the whole Bible, we will never get any understanding of the Word of God. My advice to those that are seeking the Lord, read the entire Bible, don't start at the Book of Acts and stop at the Book of Hebrews. Read from the beginning to the end, meaning from Genesis to Revelation.

Please someone tell me that a full 5 threads were NOT wasted on keeping some Sabbath. I mean this does use up someones precious drive space.

This statement shows you to either be ignorant of the truth or deceived by some other deceived or deceitful source…you said

Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency.

After all you have been shown for you to still spout these lies as if they are truth…I rebuke that spirit that has a hold on you. Father rebuke that lying deceiving spirit that has a veil of bro Tans mind…

I personally showed you the history going all the way up from hundreds of years before Constantine…I showed you the error of calling gathering on the 1st day (as Jews would call it) “Sunday Worship” but you belligerently insist on repeating the delusion…be rebuked spirit…get away from this man…Father lift the veil this very evening…I ask this by the authority of the Lord Jesus Chist…Amen

Sunday doctrine, Sun-Worship. Easter-Pagan, Christmas-Pagan...These things are not of Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost...Paul said in Romans 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
The Lord (Jesus Christ) said the seventh day of the week...Seventh day

The year is 321 A.D. Constantine, yielding to the suggestion of church leaders passes the first Sunday law! Here it is, straight out of the record: "Let all the judges and town people, and the occupation of all trades rest on the venerable day of the sun" Edict of March 7, 321 A.D. Corpus Juris Civilis Cod., lib. 3, tit. 12, Lex. 3.
Non of the Prophets, Jesus, or Apostles kept Sunday as a Sabbath day. Jesus didn't rise on Sunday or Sunday morning, which is the first day of the week. This is the truth!!!

Lets go in Luke 4:4 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 4:15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 4:16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. So your custom should be the same as Jesus...correct??

Again many professing Christians are willing to acknowledge that the other nine commandments should be kept in some way today, but reject and refuse to literally obey just one commandment, the fourth! So we see that the Sabbath command is a crucial test of obedience, for it identifies those who have surrendered to God and are striving to obey all of His commandments. Even others lacking knowledge will say that we keep the first day of the week because Christ rose on that day or that the apostle Paul broke bread on the first day. No, Christ did not rise on Sunday that is yet another doctrine of the devil and I can prove that out of your bible without a shadow of doubt. And every day that Paul ate he broke bread what does that have to do with the Sabbath day. And as much as people try and make it seem, Paul writings in no way contradicts any writing of Jesus or the other disciple or apostles. The Lord had Peter to warn you regarding some of the writing of Paul: (2Peter3:15-16) (v.15) "even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;" (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things;in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

You need to have some pretty good understanding of the entire bible when you start to deal with Paul’s writing or you could get tied in knots. People are always saying "but Paul said" well Paul said this to: (1Cor.1:13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? If you are confused regarding a subject in the bible go and see what your Master has to say about the matter. Now if Jesus is our master then we should follow His steps. (1 Peter 2:21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: And remember that Jesus is the captain of our salvation. So let’s see our captain lead by example. (Luke 4:14-16) (v.14) And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. (v.15) And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. (v.16) And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue (the church) on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read. Jesus regularly attended religious services on the Sabbath day "as His custom was". He obeyed

His own command to meet (holy convocation) every Sabbath day. Apostle Paul's custom was to keep the Sabbath day. (Acts18:1, 4) (v.1) After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; (v.4) And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. Other evidence shows the early Church of God observed the Sabbath (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44; 18:1,4,11). Remember that it was Christ: (1Peter:2:22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Jesus did no sin. But what is sin? (1John:3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. So every time you break (transgress) one of God’s commandments you have committed sin. And one of those commandments is to: (Ex.20:8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. That’s why Jesus went to church on the seventh day; it is a sin to say that Sunday is the Christian Sabbath, because it is not Christ like! Just like it’s a sin to steal, kill, and commit adultery and so-forth. This is the day He would naturally have observed, because He originally made the Sabbath by resting and ordained that it be kept holy from that time forward. I’ve heard it said that you can praise the Lord any day and every day. Sure you can and you are supposed to. But you are commanded to set aside one day of the week that the Lord blessed, sanctified and made holy and that day is Saturday. Still others have said every day is the Sabbath, then you are calling God a lie because He said that the seventh day was the Sabbath not every day. (Mat.15:6-9) "Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition."(v.7) Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, (v.8)This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (v.9)But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Jesus said that you are worshipping Him in vain (for nothing) because you teach for doctrine the commandments of man. Sisters and brothers going to church on Sunday is a commandment of man (Emperor Constantine) not God. Jesus said: (John 14:15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Ga 3:1 ¶ O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith:

By the way Paul is not teaching the law of Moses..but the law of Christ..and His commandment to love...which is the only way to fulfill that which the law of Moses demanded.

Let's go to the Book of I Timothy chapter one and see if Paul kills the Lords commandments.
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: (I Timothy 1:5)

What does he mean the end of the commandment is charity? What is charity? It means love fore mankind correct? Now take a look at these verses in the Book of Romans.
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (Romans 13:8-10)

Take heed to what Paul says, "love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love (which is charity) is the fulfilling of the law. Paul says, "If you LOVE your neighbor you will not, commit adultery, kill, steal, bear false witness nor covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Once again Paul is quoting from the books Moses! As a matter of fact Paul was quoting the Lord God, remember the Lord gave the Laws to Moses.

Take a look. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. (Exodus 20:13-17)
What do we see here? We see Paul is inline with the rest of the Bible. He is not trying to do away with the Lords commandments. It is the false prophets that do not read the entire book from Genesis to Revelation! They are trying to do away with the Lord's laws. Paul was well aware that the law was to be kept. Pay close attention to what the Chief Apostles says about Paul's writings.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. (II Peter 3:14-17)

Pay very close attention to what Peter says, "in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." If we are not familiarwith the whole Bible, we will never get any understanding of the Word of God. My advice to those that are seeking the Lord, read the entire Bible, don't start at the Book of Acts and stop at the Book of Hebrews. Read from the beginning to the end, meaning from Genesis to Revelation.

Herein is the Spirit of the law....re-read what you wrote

You said "My advice to those that are seeking the Lord, read the entire Bible, don't start at the Book of Acts and stop at the Book of Hebrews. Read from the beginning to the end, meaning from Genesis to Revelation.

Good advice with which I agree...to appreciate grace and grasp its true essence one must go through the law to know they are sinners worthy of condemnation. The Law is our schoolmaster which brings us to Christ.

Back