How The Devil/satan Deceiveth The Whole World

...in all your dwellings...Israel NEVER went to tabernacle, Temple, or synagogue on the 7th day...until after they returned from captivity...you are correct in that for Israel, according to their covenant (not made with their fathers, not commanded in the New Covenant), it was to be a Holy Convocation but in (where) all (plural) their (personal) dwellings (plural, houses)...

Exodus 16:29 "...let no man go out from his place on the Sabbath."

Wake up sleeper...this custom was invented by men while in captivity...it is NOT Torah!
Wow! The holy assembly is throughout Torah!

Actually the first day of the week is not enough for the gathering together of the Saints. It is and was always his plan that His Church to be gathered together before Him. We are living in the dispensation of the fulness of times. God has already gathered us together before him through His Son. We are are not realising it because we do not believe it.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

This is what the Church is suppose to teaching the saints today. How can they if they don't even believe it?
This is the true Holy Convocation.

Wow! The holy assembly is throughout Torah!

Really? Quote some examples of Israel gathering for corporate worship on the 7th day Sabbath at the Tabernacle (Torah) or Temple...there are zero....everyone only gathered three times a year for the feasts (not even for passover)...but never for corporate worship (church/synagogue) until after the captivity...so please give some examples

Acts 7:38-40 (KJV)
This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Really? Quote some examples of Israel gathering for corporate worship on the 7th day Sabbath at the Tabernacle (Torah) or Temple...there are zero....everyone only gathered three times a year for the feasts (not even for passover)...but never for corporate worship (church/synagogue) until after the captivity...so please give some examples
Okay -- when I wake up. :)

Of course they are Ekklesia...but my point and request was for scriptures that show that the Moses Israelites EVER went to tabernacle, Temple, or synagogue for corporate worship on the 7th day Sabbath? One poster said it is all through the Torah but it is not, nor in the Psalms, nor anywhere in the Prophets...it was NEVER commanded to be a day to go to "church"

Exodus 16....leave not your place
Exodus 20...within your gates
Leviticus 23...in all your dwellings

Only during the captivity did they adopt this "custom" (tradition) of gathering in one place to attend corporate worship is not out of step with God or scripture....for this purpose it does not matter which day you keep...we keep the first day to celebrate the resurrection.

Hey folks can wonder around in circles in the Law of Moses forever and never see or enter the TRUE SABBATH! Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ, not the law of Moses!
Read the NEW COVENANT!

Heb 4:1 ¶ Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

...in all your dwellings...Israel NEVER went to tabernacle, Temple, or synagogue on the 7th day...until after they returned from captivity...you are correct in that for Israel, according to their covenant (not made with their fathers, not commanded in the New Covenant), it was to be a Holy Convocation but in (where) all (plural) their (personal) dwellings (plural, houses)...

Exodus 16:29 "...let no man go out from his place on the Sabbath."

Wake up sleeper...this custom was invented by men while in captivity...it is NOT Torah!
I need to keep this quite short. Please do not take that as unfriendly; that is not my need or intention. I am going to have to do this on the fly, too, because I have never before needed to answer this question.

I think that we sometimes think of Tabernacle, Temple, and synagogue all like "church." First, we all know, I am sure, that there were no places for people to go to services in the Tabernacle -- right? And God's instructions for the Temple did not include a place for "services" as we think of them today either. Certainly, Herod's temple had places in it where people gathered to be taught and to debate Scripture and how to carry out The Words and their explanations. (Remember when Moses went into the tent of meeting? The people would stand in the doors of their tents, watching.)

It is clear that the priests work in the Temple represented the people, as though they were there themselves. It was the people who came to the Temple to provide the beasts for sacrifice and for the priests and people to eat, and they provided the meal offerings and all. The farmers also brought the tithe for the big picnics.

Regardless, the people were commanded to gather for sacred assemblies [Leviticus 23:1-3]. Note that Shabbat is an "appointed feast" and a "sacred assembly." A sacred assembly never needed a designated place other than the home; then, when the gatherings outgrew the homes, they took it outside or to a larger place. Synagogues were, of course, thought of when the people thought they were needed.

One thing that also may have been forgotten is that as the families grew, it would not be normal among them for the men to leave their families. Rather, they brought their brides home, and the bride joined the family. As they had children, or as wealth allowed, they generally added to the existing structures, thus the growth that caused many to seek another place to assemble for the Sabbaths.

The religious people of Israel were interested in searching the Scriptures, in order to find the best way to do The Words and to carry out the instructions. They gathered to debate how to do this on chosen days and times, but also mainly on the Shabbat, in order to fulfill The Words and their explanations.

Observing Sabbath is the sign of the covenant G-d made with the people, to remind them that they had once been slaves, but they had been freed [Deuteronomy 12:11-14]. A gathering, as commanded in Leviticus 23:1, was a holy convocation, and holy convocations usually included discussions about The Words, thanksgiving, and lots of food, as they still do today.

Of course, there are many Sabbaths that are not weekly Sabbaths. The Writings define more specifically what is to be done on a Shabbat in the writings about these Sabbaths.

This was probably rambling, but it tells the intention of G-d's Sabbaths, at least to cover the issues brought up here, I hope.

Of course they are Ekklesia...but my point and request was for scriptures that show that the Moses Israelites EVER went to tabernacle, Temple, or synagogue for corporate worship on the 7th day Sabbath? One poster said it is all through the Torah but it is not, nor in the Psalms, nor anywhere in the Prophets...it was NEVER commanded to be a day to go to "church"

Only during the captivity did they adopt this "custom" (tradition) of gathering in one place to attend corporate worship is not out of step with God or scripture....for this purpose it does not matter which day you keep...we keep the first day to celebrate the resurrection.
Oh, I forgot this.

The intention was not "don't go out of your house." Place intends area and includes much more than the mere house or yard or farm. The Leviticus passage intends that the observance of Sabbath is to be done in every home, in every family, among all the people.

Last edited:
I need to keep this quite short. Please do not take that as unfriendly; that is not my need or intention. I am going to have to do this on the fly, too, because I have never before needed to answer this question.

I think that we sometimes think of Tabernacle, Temple, and synagogue all like "church." First, we all know, I am sure, that there were no places for people to go to services in the Tabernacle -- right? And God's instructions for the Temple did not include a place for "services" as we think of them today either. Certainly, Herod's temple had places in it where people gathered to be taught and to debate Scripture and how to carry out The Words and their explanations. (Remember when Moses went into the tent of meeting? The people would stand in the doors of their tents, watching.)

It is clear that the priests work in the Temple represented the people, as though they were there themselves. It was the people who came to the Temple to provide the beasts for sacrifice and for the priests and people to eat, and they provided the meal offerings and all. The farmers also brought the tithe for the big picnics.

Regardless, the people were commanded to gather for sacred assemblies [Leviticus 23:1-3]. Note that Shabbat is an "appointed feast" and a "sacred assembly." A sacred assembly never needed a designated place other than the home; then, when the gatherings outgrew the homes, they took it outside or to a larger place. Synagogues were, of course, thought of when the people thought they were needed.

One thing that also may have been forgotten is that as the families grew, it would not be normal among them for the men to leave their families. Rather, they brought their brides home, and the bride joined the family. As they had children, or as wealth allowed, they generally added to the existing structures, thus the growth that caused many to seek another place to assemble for the Sabbaths.

The religious people of Israel were interested in searching the Scriptures, in order to find the best way to do The Words and to carry out the instructions. They gathered to debate how to do this on chosen days and times, but also mainly on the Shabbat, in order to fulfill The Words and their explanations.

Observing Sabbath is the sign of the covenant G-d made with the people, to remind them that they had once been slaves, but they had been freed [Deuteronomy 12:11-14]. A gathering, as commanded in Leviticus 23:1, was a holy convocation, and holy convocations usually included discussions about The Words, thanksgiving, and lots of food, as they still do today.

Of course, there are many Sabbaths that are not weekly Sabbaths. The Writings define more specifically what is to be done on a Shabbat in the writings about these Sabbaths.

This was probably rambling, but it tells the intention of G-d's Sabbaths, at least to cover the issues brought up here, I hope.

This was beautiful and to the point and quite correct...bro Tans point has been that we Christians are somehow incorrect/wrong/or in violation of God's commands if we worship the Lord on the 1st day as opposed to on the 7th day Sabbath or that "Sunday" is "the Day of the Sun"....when we worship the Lord everyday of the week....we only gather "in one place" (like as in we should go to church or synagogue) the 1st day as it is what we were given to do (As taught the earliest church by the Apostles)...God never commanded to do this on the 7th day...convocate yes and indeed to rest and focus on Him not the world (for Israel, yes, make it Holy as He has made it Holy), but even the Leviticus passage you quote in verse 33 says "in all your dwellings"....local, personal, and plural...is this not the word?

The Tanakh does not define a particular "day" for everyone to gather and hold a community worship service...do you agree? And listen, I have attended on the 7th day many times it is just not YHVH's Mitzvot...but now we are "in Messiah", Shiloh (a person, but the place where the Shekinah dwells, where God is with us) has come, and His shabbat is glorious just as the Tanakh promised it would be. This does not change the weekly Shabbat covenanted with Israel, but only its meaning and application, which is now for the whole world...the whole world is being called now to rest in Messiah. We no longer strive (as beautiful as these are) in ordinances and duties to be made right with God, we have been made right in Him by Him and we enter into this grace (like father Abraham) through faith...it is His doing and it is marvellous in our eyes, but who has believed our report? Shalom.

In His love

Paul

This was beautiful and to the point and quite correct...bro Tans point has been that we Christians are somehow incorrect/wrong/or in violation of God's commands if we worship the Lord on the 1st day as opposed to on the 7th day Sabbath or that "Sunday" is "the Day of the Sun"....when we worship the Lord everyday of the week....we only gather "in one place" (like as in we should go to church or synagogue) the 1st day as it is what we were given to do (As taught the earliest church by the Apostles)...God never commanded to do this on the 7th day...convocate yes and indeed to rest and focus on Him not the world (for Israel, yes, make it Holy as He has made it Holy), but even the Leviticus passage you quote in verse 33 says "in all your dwellings"....local, personal, and plural...is this not the word?

The Tanakh does not define a particular "day" for everyone to gather and hold a community worship service...do you agree? And listen, I have attended on the 7th day many times it is just not YHVH's Mitzvot...but now we are "in Messiah", Shiloh (a person, but the place where the Shekinah dwells, where God is with us) has come, and His shabbat is glorious just as the Tanakh promised it would be. This does not change the weekly Shabbat covenanted with Israel, but only its meaning and application, which is now for the whole world...the whole world is being called now to rest in Messiah. We no longer strive (as beautiful as these are) in ordinances and duties to be made right with God, we have been made right in Him by Him and we enter into this grace (like father Abraham) through faith...it is His doing and it is marvellous in our eyes, but who has believed our report? Shalom.

In His love

Paul
You are very kind -- we may not agree in all these things, but I repeat: you are very kind.

I am hurting really badly and may not make it to synagogue this morning -- or maybe go in time for the teaching and leave right afterward. (Is it age, or did I injure myself? I don't know. But) I will get back to this as soon as I can. I want to try to get some sleep so that I might be able to go . . . .

Oh, I forgot this.

The intention was not "don't go out of your house." Place intends area and includes much more than the mere house or yard or farm. The Leviticus passage intends that the observance of Sabbath is to be done in every home, in every family, among all the people.

I agree! And indeed this was the covenant He made with Israel and it is/was to be kept perpetually through all generations, though He had never made this as part of a commitment for any of their fathers or with the gentiles, and is nowhere commanded in the New Covenant writings...observing the Sabbath now is still a beautiful and blessed thing to do (which I am sure the Lord is honored by) but even that was not required upon the gentiles (just like it was not required upon Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, his kids, etc.)...

But when one imposes it as a necessary practice for salvation I then have to ask, if one claims it "the law" we are bound to, then why do so many (Adventists, 7th day Baptists, Christadelphians) keep it differently and with aspect that violate the Torah Sabbath yet believe they are fulfilling the law?

If the basis of their insistence is "obeying the Lord" then why do they not do it His way? I mean, to do God's thing Your own way and not the way He specifically commanded changes it from Yah's way to Your way...if one requires the keeping of the law for salvation then according to the Bible they must keep the whole of the law (and that means the way God said to do it...but Hallelujah we are saved ONLY by grace and that through faith, Amen?)

Paul

You are very kind -- we may not agree in all these things, but I repeat: you are very kind.

I am hurting really badly and may not make it to synagogue this morning -- or maybe go in time for the teaching and leave right afterward. (Is it age, or did I injure myself? I don't know. But) I will get back to this as soon as I can. I want to try to get some sleep so that I might be able to go . . . .

I will pray for you sister...by the authority of the Lord Yeshua ha'Moschiach be made whole...sometimes when despite our physical infirmities we go and worship we are energized and healed but what I am saying is DO NOT FEEL guilty....your sin and trespass offering has been given once for all (in Him) and it is complete and forever...Shabbat Shalom

I love to see the "old" being brought into the "NEW"....I hate to see the "new" being dragged back into the "OLD"...

Ga 3:1 ¶ O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Back