How To Act Like A Good Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also your lack of understanding does not change the eternal Word. That scripture does not say a women would never have a right to have authority over men. Paul traveled with a couple of women ministers whom he said receive and they were respected. Have you read Proverbs 31?

Paige has asked not to bicker as it proves her point... you and David are hijacking this thread... start another post of yours and start your battle there...

Liberals of course do bash those they fear because they speak the truth... i am far from being a 'liberal' but a true liberal is the that that hijacks others threads to always drone on the same thing... start another thread with Michael H. and fight there... but then you run the risk no one will address you... :)

Liberals of course do bash those they fear because they speak the truth... i am far from being a 'liberal' but a true liberal is the that that hijacks others threads to always drone on the same thing... start another thread with Michael H. and fight there... but then you run the risk no one will address you... :)

in answer to Brother David, of course...

Also your lack of understanding does not change the eternal Word. That scripture does not say a women would never have a right to have authority over men. Paul traveled with a couple of women ministers whom he said receive and they were respected. Have you read Proverbs 31?[/quote
Answer my question though David, do you believe woman have no right to have authority over men like Timothy 2:11 says?

Answer my question though David, do you believe woman have no right to have authority over men like Timothy 2:11 says?
Were you asking me to answer a question ? I must have missed something

How can you claim Timothy 2-11 does not claim that women should never have authority over men?! It says it outright! Plain as day.

It does not say that at all, is not in line with other scriptures. Not in line with other women in Charge of things in the bible, one instances before Jesus firs Miracle changing Water To wine, Mary saying, "Whatever He says do, you do." to the other men servants there.

So, I already told you the scripture does not say that. You were also told in the Book of Peter not to take one passage of scripture and give it it's own private interpretation. You blatantly ignore what else scripture said to prove the bible wrong by trying to make one scripture say something it does not.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So we don't need to talk about this one scripture, for no person being born by the incorruptible seed of the Word of God would think like this. God has never changed, and his Word abides forever.

We need to discuss Jesus with you and how you can have hope by accepting him. That would benefit you most.

A "Good" Christian does not doubt the Word, does not add to the Word and Values every scripture for reproof and doctrine.

Im sorry for hijacking the thread but I just dont get how good Christians can let David or anyone discriminate against homosexuals and not do anything about it. We are told to love, not discriminate.

I would suggest you becoming a Christian. Also it's against the Law the discriminate against a person for sexual orientation. It is not against the law to discriminate against a persons sexual orientation if that orientation is believed to be non-conductive to the business the person applies for.

If I hate homosexuals and apply to a gay bar, the owner would have a legal ground to discriminate and not hire me based on my belief and the possibility of damaging customer relation that would harm their business.

If a homosexual wanted to work at my store, though I am Christian, I would not discriminate against them. (I would hear God on who to hire anyone and if I could be a witness then I would hire them right away. We only do what God says do, and hire who He says hire anyway.)

We do not treat homosexuals any different in the Word than any other sinner.

If a Homosexual wanted to preach in my church. That would be a whole other matter as they have show they are not faithful to God and devoid of wisdom. You must be a faithful person, without reproach to take up the pulpit.

Without a homosexual becoming a Christian there is little power to change. For it's all a flesh effort and it will fail. That apply to every other sin a person chooses to live in.

Im sorry for hijacking the thread but I just dont get how good Christians can let David or anyone discriminate against homosexuals and not do anything about it. We are told to love, not discriminate.
Where in the world you got that I was discriminating against homosexuals is certainly beyond me........
They have the Same rights and opportunity in God that I do; they have the opportunity (right) to Repent of their sins just like me or anyone.
They have the opportunity (right) leave all sin at Calvary- just like everyone does.

Ok guys. Let's get back on the subject of the thread. If you feel the need to to argue, then start a conversation between all who are arguing. Thanks.

Ok guys. Let's get back on the subject of the thread. If you feel the need to to argue, then start a conversation between all who are arguing. Thanks.

WoW, everything is on Track. What makes a Good christian is one that obeys and believers scripture only, not made up stuff.
Your attempt to correct would be respected if your understanding of the Word was on the same level. You have lots to learn before correcting some of us.

I don't know if you realize it or not but you seem very easily offended (touchy) If you don't like what someone posts, then you are free to ignore it ......That would be the way of "hcw to act like a good Christian"

This is almost funny the whole interchange... the beginning post is about not bickering and yet now there is bickering about bickering... wow

This is almost funny the whole interchange... the beginning post is about not bickering and yet now there is bickering about bickering... wow

I have detected no bickering anywhere. Just because someone believes different does not mean it's bickering. I personally if shown a scripture that shows me I am wrong, then I change it and seek God.

David has a few views I don't agree with, but at least I can see he is looking at scripture and that is the way he interprets it. It also could be we actually agree and not have talked about it yet.

You have to understand, there are some here that will believe anything even if it's not in scripture, those the folks you have to keep an eye on.

Look, I consider myself an atheist. And I completely respect believers until they start hating on gays, or abortions or anything they dont have real knowledge about.

I am on here to better understand christian beliefs, and I respect them, until there is hate involved. Gay's cannot repent there sins because they are born gay! They dont choose! I wish you would educate yourself more on the realities of homosexuals before you judge.

This explains why you did not understand a scripture. Best to not bring up scriptures at this point or say anything derogatory about the Word of God.

I was also born to like females, however that does not mean I don't obey the Word concerning them. People choose to be what they are, they choose to sleep around, they choose to do drugs and they choose to be homosexual.

Saying I was born a homosexual is like saying I was born a child molester. I just can't help myself, I have to have sex with Children, I was born that way.

A thief can say the same thing and anyone else that makes excuses for not knowing Jesus came to make us free from the perversion of mankind.

I use to drink, so did my dad. It was a gene they said, something about something. Not my fault. I surrendered to the Lord, and that drinking thing I thought impossible to be free of is now gone.

In Jesus, homosexuals can be empowered to see the truth and come out of what the devil has twisted. Without Jesus people are lost and confused.

My advice is not to put down the Word.......... It's like going to a Harley Davidson Web site and posting I rather push a Honda than ride a Harley.

I dont understand someone like you who discriminates against homosexuals. It is not a choice. Do you assume all homosexuals will be sentenced to hell?

Sodomy is an ABOMINATION....those who unrepentantly die in their commitment to it will most certainly go to hell because they do not believe God...not because of their orientation but their actions...can they come to christ and be forgiven like anybody else? Yes but if they are saved (genuinely born from above) then they will not continue to practice sin. Sin will become the exception which will bring contrition and confession before God sin will no longer be the rule they live by. Their sin is no worse than that which I was or worse than all the fornicating unmarried heterosexuals who embrace Christ...but when the Spirit takes up residence something happens and over time we cannot and do not do the same things we did before He became alive in us....all practicing Sodomites are condemned unless they repent they shall all likewise perish...

I think this is what brother David was getting at and I agree with him...how the ArchDiocese of Massachusetts in the Episcopal Church USA can have an unrepentant practicing Sodomite as their Bishop I cannot fathom...this is not prejudice it is the word. In the Bible, unrepentant practicing Sodomites are NOT "Children of God" they are "children of Belial"

....and it certainly is not genetics. Studies with over 400 pairs of mono-zygotic twins where one is hetero and the other homo prove this...they have 100% exact DNA...

Nonetheless I pray, May Christ's once for all sacrifice cover all our sins, for we all all were/are abominable (especially if we say we are saved and suffer no contrition). So who is not "condemnation worthy" without Christ? Raise your hands. I thought so. I certainly would not raise mine...What can wash away our sins...nothing but the blood of Jesus...what can make us whole again? That's right, straight or gay, murderers, thieves, addicts...you name it...the blood of God's Lamb which takes away the sins of the world. You either receive it or reject it...

Look, I consider myself an atheist. And I completely respect believers until they start hating on gays, or abortions or anything they dont have real knowledge about.

I am on here to better understand christian beliefs, and I respect them, until there is hate involved. Gay's cannot repent there sins because they are born gay! They dont choose! I wish you would educate yourself more on the realities of homosexuals before you judge.

Who told you this? God showed how great His love is in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly...He died for me and He died for you. Whether you accept that or not does not make it less so. If you insist on being lord of your own life, deciding good and evil as you see it in your own eyes, so be it...you have made your choice...you reject God and the knowledge of God, I get it...even so He loves you so much He has created a place even for you, where His presence is never felt and all He would have provided is not...there you will be lord (you get your way) of a kingdom of one...all others like you will also be lords of there own kingdoms of one...why call that hate?

God does not hate one kind of sinner over another, or one persons orientation over another's, it all about motives and actions...who is Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back