How To Act Like A Good Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really is a season for everything.

I think Brother David is right when he said there's a point where we are not being charitable in exposing problems. There is also a time to recognize what it is that bonds us, and that being the love of God.

Discussion should always continue, recognizing what's right from wrong, helping others understand what is right and true, but also showing the same love we are told to show -- not with pride and holier-than-thou sentiments underneath, but with the knowledge that we are all fellow human beings, and therefore deserve the respect and dignity and love God has for us.

I struggle with pride...big time. I try really hard to defend my faith, but sometimes, my pride interferes and it becomes me just wanting to tell someone that they're wrong rather than wanting to be a beacon for what is right. I suspect I might be the worst one in the forum. Even those whom I tend to disagree with probably have much greater charity than I do.

Excellent thread :)

Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

Look, I consider myself an atheist. And I completely respect believers until they start hating on gays, or abortions or anything they dont have real knowledge about.

I am on here to better understand christian beliefs, and I respect them, until there is hate involved. Gay's cannot repent there sins because they are born gay! They dont choose! I wish you would educate yourself more on the realities of homosexuals before you judge.

Christians don't hate gays. Read 1 Cor 5. You will find that judgement (which is what is taking place in this thread) is for the house of God NOT outside. You are either a Christian or you or not. You either live according to scripture or you don't. Any Christian overlooking / ignoring scripture is a false teacher who has a special place in hell. Remember that the next time a Christian agrees with you. Being gay is a mortal sin. According to scripture you can't really deal with any sin until you repent and ask Jesus into your life. Love for Him and the strength He gives us enables us to overcome all those things that displease Him. That is why we don't judge those 'outside'.

Born gay, lol. It doesn't matter how you justify it. If it is written in the word of God John 1:1, you obey. We are told to work out our salvation in fear and trembling before God Phil 12:2.

I was getting people to stop bickering, but I'm done. Seriously I am done trying to do that.
Dana it is important that you understand it is not bickering. Upholding the word of God is your right. If someone, (even you) states something un-scriptural whilst calling themselves a Christian...you are to correct / rebuke. Any brother taking the effort to rebuke / correct from scripture is showing love. Sitting and smiling or doing nothing is hate Prov 27:6. The irony is so thick!!!!! :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
Look, I consider myself an atheist. And I completely respect believers until they start hating on gays, or abortions or anything they dont have real knowledge about.

I am on here to better understand christian beliefs, and I respect them, until there is hate involved. Gay's cannot repent there sins because they are born gay! They dont choose! I wish you would educate yourself more on the realities of homosexuals before you judge.

I agree with you that hating anyone, whether gay, straight, theist or atheist, or even people who you would think are the most deserving of hate (murderers, rapists, pedophiles) deserve love.

Abortion is another subject. Certainly the mothers and promoters of abortion also should never be hated, but abortion itself is an act which should be criticized and for good reason (and I say that on the basis of science and philosophy, not just religion).

I honestly believe homosexuals don't choose their sexual preference, just as I never chose mine to be straight, but we all choose the direction we go in when given the choice of being chaste or not. Gays deserve sympathy because of their given position, but that doesn't mean one should also condone them to dismiss what is right.

One mustn't judge people -- you are indeed right. Though that doesn't mean we shouldn't judge actions as right from wrong. Though if you are judging someone for being judgmental before they have been, then isn't that judgmental?

You are always welcome to discuss here :)

I struggle with pride...big time. I try really hard to defend my faith, but sometimes, my pride interferes and it becomes me just wanting to tell someone that they're wrong rather than wanting to be a beacon for what is right. I suspect I might be the worst one in the forum. Even those whom I tend to disagree with probably have much greater charity than I do.

Excellent thread :)

Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

When it comes to the things of God, I have my buttons. Disregard for the Word of God, Accusing God of evil, when God is not Evil, Accusing God of being unjust, when God is the most fair Judge and will judge all by that standard.

Homosexuality to me is just one more perversion in the World. I get embarrassed by people who call themselves Christians and feel the need to march when they have some gay parade or rainbow day somewhere. We don't need to be on the street corners just because sinners have a get together no more than I want sinners gathering at my church every time we have a services telling us how superstitious we are. We ought not to be pointing out the sinners sin when it's Jesus they need. However, Homosexuality is a sin and needs to be called that.

Be blessed.

I have read through this thread a couple of times to see if I could just delete some posts and return it to the original intent. My conclusion is that I can not, so Paige, if you wish to restart the thread, I'll keep a closed eye on it.

We are a bit understaffed at the moment and it is difficult to keep track of every post.

But before I close this thread I wish to add my $0.02:
1 John 4 - The Message
God’s Love and Ours
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
GOD LOVES EVERYONE! JESUS DIED FOR EVERYONE!

Please remember this as you post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back