How to Respond When Satan Attacks

Satan is a cruel, merciless being. He doesn’t care if you are 3 years old or 93. His ambition is to steal, kill and destroy, and he will do it if you let him. Satan will pressure you into acting on fear and then condemn you for it. He will push you into a corner until you act on his demands, and then he’ll bring you under condemnation and use it against you as long as you let him.

You need to realize that one thing leads to another when you cooperate with Satan. He will try to get you in deeper and deeper. He doesn’t play fair. You have to get to a place where you refuse to act on fear. Don’t cooperate with doubt. Don’t cooperate with despondency. Refuse to act on Satan’s demands. The following is biblical truth about how to respond when Satan attacks.

1. Make a Decision to Stand in Faith
When you make a decision to stand in faith, Satan will challenge you. Satan wants to steal the Word of God out of your mouth. If he can steal the Word, he can steal the promise. That’s the only way he can gain access to you. If you make up your mind ahead of time that you are not going to allow Satan to change your confession of faith, you won’t have such a struggle. But if you wait until he’s caught you off guard, you may have a mess to clean up, and while you’re doing that, he gains ground.

Have a strong will against the devil—strong purpose, intention and determination. Have bulldog faith, and keep the Word of God in your mouth—no matter what. Make a decision to stand and not be moved. As a result, you will be able to accomplish God’s will and receive what was promised.

2. Resist the Devil
James 4:7 (KJV) tells us what to do when the devil is lurking in the shadows of our lives: “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” How do you resist him? Gloria Copeland says, “You resist him with the words of your mouth—the same way you submit to him.”

If you have submitted yourself to God’s Word, then you need to refuse to receive or give thought to anything that the devil throws your way. Gloria Copeland reminds us, “Your words either defeat you, or bring you victory.”

Go for victory! Watch your words. It’s the best way to resist the devil.

3. Give Your Attention to God’s Word
When Satan attacks, his main purpose is to divert your attention away from God’s Word and over to your circumstances. That’s why Proverbs 4:20-23 says this:

“My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.”

Give your attention to the Word of God—it will give you peace, guidance and wisdom in times of trial. Gloria Copeland says, “The more attention you give God’s Word, the easier the other steps will be in resisting Satan’s attacks.”

4. Count It All Joy
This is a tough one because trials and attacks don’t feel joyful! But, there is a secret power in enduring through trials.

James 1:2-4 says: “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”

What happens when we count it all joy and endure with patience?

“God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him” (James 1:12.)

When you trust in God’s covenant to provide what you need, you will be blessed! And, as Gloria Copeland has learned, “When you prove to Satan enough times that you will not compromise God’s Word, he will stay out of your way.”

Yes, you can learn how to respond when Satan attacks! You don’t have to sit idly by waiting for something to change. Make a decision to stand in faith, resist the devil, give your attention to God’s Word, and count it all joy when enduring trials. When you do, you will come out the victor and take all the spoils with you. Remember, the enemy has already been defeated—now go remind him of it!

© 1997 - 2018 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved

Something Believers need to grasp is that they truly need to understand how their enemy operates. Most have no clue but only THINK they do.

Believers need to forget about this hollywood portrayal of demons and the devil. It's false and inspired by satan to bring forth fear.

If satan and company are not bothering you - well you NEED to examine your life because your walk in Christ is very weak to say the least.

Blessings

As children of God, the devil is always attacking us. He knows that he can't have our souls. He knows that we were bought with a price and was removed from the darkness and placed in the wonderful light. So, what does he do? He tries to put thoughts in our heads like, "you are not worthy", "he's not listening to you" "What are you doing? You know he is not going to do that for you after what you just did." All kinds of things. His job for the child of God is to wear us down so much that we don't use the most powerful weapon we have which is "PRAYER." He makes you feel that it's a waste of time. But even when we are being beat down, worn down. Every child of God will hear His soft voice in our heart say, "Come to me and I will give you rest." What we need to remember is that once we call on Jesus with authority and let the devil know that he has no right over us nor does he have power over us. He is gone. That's when God shows up and say one word. to the devil "LEAVE" But we have to pray with authority and believe that God will do what he has promised to do and has done before. If he has done it before, He will do it again. For He changes not.

Good post Sister!!

Last edited:
He knows that he can't have our souls.
Actually that is Exactly what he is after and uses and controls.
Our soul is made up of our Mind - Will and Emotions.
The old saying talking about selling your soul to the devil is in fact simply giving in to his ways, thoughts and another words control.

He tries to put thoughts in our heads
he does not try but actually does. he is constantly bombarding our minds with thoughts. That is why we are told to take EVERY thought captive.

What we need to remember is that once we call on Jesus with authority and let the devil know that he has no right over us nor does he have power over us. He is gone. That's when God shows up and say one word. to the devil "LEAVE" But we have to pray with authority and believe that God will do what he has promised to do and has done before. If he has done it before, He will do it again. For He changes not.

It's not quite that cut and dry.
Far to many believers call out and tell the devil and continue to give a Legal Right unto the devil. he may leave but he will be right back.

Prayer is powerful and changes much but one can pray and cry out to God until they are blue in the face and see no real results if they are not doing what God has told us to do.

Prime example..... a member here cries out for prayer and God constantly but refuses to walk and do what is written and in the end is keeping the door open unto what she wants free from.

God has GIVEN US THE VICTORY.
God will NOT fight our fight for us.
Blessings

It's not quite that cut and dry.
Far to many believers call out and tell the devil and continue to give a Legal Right unto the devil. he may leave but he will be right back.

That is correct its not that cut and dry like you said. But, every time the devil attacks and we cry out and call Jesus it teaches us who to come to when this happens, who to trust to fight our battles. Will the devil come back. Of course he will. He will flee and come back flee and come back. And, if he continues to come back and you are not grounded in the word and know that Jesus says we are not exempt from attacks, that's how he wears us down.

Now, are there times we cry out to God and it seems that He doesn't hear us or answer us? Absolutely!!! But in that time, that's when we seek Him more. Is God telling us something, teaching us something. There is something in why God does not respond right away. Sometimes we are so hard headed and stubborn that God will let us stay in that space for a while. But in all attacks we must remember that they don't last forever. There will be a time when God says that's enough now. Does that mean that we will not have to go through that again. No, it does not. God will bring us through and if we didn't learn the lesson in that trial, He will allow it to come upon us again.

If we do not listen to the voice of God and begin to make Godly decisions, yes Jim I agree that we can pray until the cows come home. If we don't take the time to be obedient and listen and know what his words says, How can we hear if we don't know His words? How will we know what to say if we don't speak to Him?

I said, he tries to put thoughts in our heads, you said, " he does not try but actually does. he is constantly bombarding our minds with thoughts. That is why we are told to take EVERY thought captive."

To many, I agree that the devil actually does get through. But let's not forget those who know how to take EVERY thought captive. There are many out there who when the devil throws a dart, it bounces off and right back to the devil. But I do agree that there are more of us out there who does not understand that. But yes I agree and that is why its very important to have your weapon inside you at all times. The full armor of God. People need to feed on it and not just read what it says. Live what it says, and do what it says and it will manifest itself. A lot of people don't realize or believe that there is POWER in the word.

Enjoying the fellowship my brother

To many, I agree that the devil actually does get through. But let's not forget those who know how to take EVERY thought captive. There are many out there who when the devil throws a dart, it bounces off and right back to the devil.
Agreed and will add that within these thoughts they can seem right and good and still be from the devil.

They don't come smelling like sulfur and a note saying these are bad.
They can and will be instantly connected to feelings and emotions and contain scripture.

Bouncing off means they were RECOGNIZED and REFUSED. That takes being full of His Word and able to use Faith to Stand.

Phone is going haywire here.
Fellowship more later when delete and redo is not a constant thing.
Blessings

That is correct its not that cut and dry like you said. But, every time the devil attacks and we cry out and call Jesus it teaches us who to come to when this happens, who to trust to fight our battles. Will the devil come back. Of course he will. He will flee and come back flee and come back. And, if he continues to come back and you are not grounded in the word and know that Jesus says we are not exempt from attacks, that's how he wears us down.

Now, are there times we cry out to God and it seems that He doesn't hear us or answer us? Absolutely!!! But in that time, that's when we seek Him more. Is God telling us something, teaching us something. There is something in why God does not respond right away. Sometimes we are so hard headed and stubborn that God will let us stay in that space for a while. But in all attacks we must remember that they don't last forever. There will be a time when God says that's enough now. Does that mean that we will not have to go through that again. No, it does not. God will bring us through and if we didn't learn the lesson in that trial, He will allow it to come upon us again.

If we do not listen to the voice of God and begin to make Godly decisions, yes Jim I agree that we can pray until the cows come home. If we don't take the time to be obedient and listen and know what his words says, How can we hear if we don't know His words? How will we know what to say if we don't speak to Him?

I said, he tries to put thoughts in our heads, you said, " he does not try but actually does. he is constantly bombarding our minds with thoughts. That is why we are told to take EVERY thought captive."

To many, I agree that the devil actually does get through. But let's not forget those who know how to take EVERY thought captive. There are many out there who when the devil throws a dart, it bounces off and right back to the devil. But I do agree that there are more of us out there who does not understand that. But yes I agree and that is why its very important to have your weapon inside you at all times. The full armor of God. People need to feed on it and not just read what it says. Live what it says, and do what it says and it will manifest itself. A lot of people don't realize or believe that there is POWER in the word.

Enjoying the fellowship my brother
Yes Understanding the full armour of God needs to be addressed, plus how to put it on. Dont go naked into the battle.

Here is an example. The devil wants to engage you in some mind games. But its like tennis if you lob the ball back the devil is just going to hit back and you will exhaust yourself playing this game. OK you might win a few but then the devil has got you hooked and constantly will have you on the treadmill trying to prove yourself. This is foolishness.

What you do is, the devil serves you a curve ball. You just catch the ball, give it to Jesus and say, game over love. The devil has to leave because there is no more game. And if he tries to entice you go more games just say nup, am not playing. Its already been won. Sorry devil. And then all that time wasted playing silly games you can do what God wants you to do. See God knows the devil doesnt play fair and cheats and lies, so why even engage with someone like that. JEsus has effectively banned the devil from ever playing again.

One thing you just recognise is how the enemy operates so you know not to be lured in again. And if he does try, put your shield of faith up and give whatever he throws at you straight to Jesus.

Many people just seem to want to engage with the devil as they havent cleaned their house out completely, to be filled with the holy spirit. there is such a thing as legal right, and its like a room in your house that still got a tenant living in there. You need to evict this tenant and declare as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. If you allowed this tenant in, you going to have to cancel or terminate this contract. Its different if its just a squatter, you can tell them to leave at any time. If someone has been suffering snd struggling anxiety for years and nothing has worked, you need to go back and examine just when this was let in. Perhaps this anxiety is not just a squatter but something you have let in to take up residence. To remove a weed, you must pull it up by the roots not just cut the top off and it just grows back again. And not only that you need to feed and mulch the soil to grow Gods seed otherwise weeds will keep cropping up on bare ground.

So I agree its not cut and dried and not so simple, as in just follow these four steps and the devil will be gone. Ok it may work for those who already have an understanding but for something deep rooted you actually need to dig a lot deeper. Another thing too, is this will depend on the weed, and how nasty and close it is. If its got thorns then definitley get it out. This is so the good seed in you can flourish. But its not a case of just spraying everything with roundup either.

When Jesus cast out demons from the man from gadarenes do you think this man could do it on his own? Actually he wasnt in a state to do this. He would if he could right? When people are sick do they get better all on their own, in many cases they dont because they in no state to and cannot look after themselves. Its like a child, or any babe in Christ they cannot grow in widsom if they dont have the resources or theres something blocking their progress. An experienced minister will find out what it is. Nothing is impossible with God.

What you do is, the devil serves you a curve ball. You just catch the ball, give it to Jesus and say, game over love. The devil has to leave because there is no more game. And if he tries to entice you go more games just say nup, am not playing. Its already been won. Sorry devil. And then all that time wasted playing silly games you can do what God wants you to do. See God knows the devil doesnt play fair and cheats and lies, so why even engage with someone like that. JEsus has effectively banned the devil from ever playing again.

Scriptures Please

Scriptures Please
Ok when Peter was nagging Jesus and 'whispering in his ear' right, Jesus recognised it was satan operating in Peter who at the time did not quite believe Him. So what did Jesus say to Peter, he said 'get behind me, Satan. You are stumbling block to me, you do not have in mind the concerns of God but the things of men.' Its in Matthew 16:23.

Jesus told him off!

And then Jesus explained to his disciples that 'if anyone wants to come after me he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me'

So satan left him alone for a season. The tricky thing was with Judas because satan entered into Judas who pretended to deny himself, but Jesus saw right through that, He knew what was in Judas and that he was a thief. This is why God gives us spiritual discenrment when satan tries to con us.

Hers another example of what to do.

I dont play tennis right, its a silly game really, I mean ok if both of you know how to play correctly but its just back and forth back and forth. Mind numbingly boring for anyone not keeping score.

Anyone who lives somewhere and has a letterbox right. Do you ever get junk mail sent to your address. Well instead of emptying it all the time and putting all the junk mail in the bin, every day, why dont you just put up a sign saying NO JUNK MAIL.

I tell you this cuts a lot of work on your end putting junk mail in the bin if its not even put through in the first place.

Satan is a cruel, merciless being. He doesn’t care if you are 3 years old or 93. His ambition is to steal, kill and destroy, and he will do it if you let him. Satan will pressure you into acting on fear and then condemn you for it. He will push you into a corner until you act on his demands, and then he’ll bring you under condemnation and use it against you as long as you let him.

You need to realize that one thing leads to another when you cooperate with Satan. He will try to get you in deeper and deeper. He doesn’t play fair. You have to get to a place where you refuse to act on fear. Don’t cooperate with doubt. Don’t cooperate with despondency. Refuse to act on Satan’s demands. The following is biblical truth about how to respond when Satan attacks.

1. Make a Decision to Stand in Faith
When you make a decision to stand in faith, Satan will challenge you. Satan wants to steal the Word of God out of your mouth. If he can steal the Word, he can steal the promise. That’s the only way he can gain access to you. If you make up your mind ahead of time that you are not going to allow Satan to change your confession of faith, you won’t have such a struggle. But if you wait until he’s caught you off guard, you may have a mess to clean up, and while you’re doing that, he gains ground.

Have a strong will against the devil—strong purpose, intention and determination. Have bulldog faith, and keep the Word of God in your mouth—no matter what. Make a decision to stand and not be moved. As a result, you will be able to accomplish God’s will and receive what was promised.

2. Resist the Devil
James 4:7 (KJV) tells us what to do when the devil is lurking in the shadows of our lives: “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” How do you resist him? Gloria Copeland says, “You resist him with the words of your mouth—the same way you submit to him.”

If you have submitted yourself to God’s Word, then you need to refuse to receive or give thought to anything that the devil throws your way. Gloria Copeland reminds us, “Your words either defeat you, or bring you victory.”

Go for victory! Watch your words. It’s the best way to resist the devil.

3. Give Your Attention to God’s Word
When Satan attacks, his main purpose is to divert your attention away from God’s Word and over to your circumstances. That’s why Proverbs 4:20-23 says this:

“My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.”

Give your attention to the Word of God—it will give you peace, guidance and wisdom in times of trial. Gloria Copeland says, “The more attention you give God’s Word, the easier the other steps will be in resisting Satan’s attacks.”

4. Count It All Joy
This is a tough one because trials and attacks don’t feel joyful! But, there is a secret power in enduring through trials.

James 1:2-4 says: “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”

What happens when we count it all joy and endure with patience?

“God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him” (James 1:12.)

When you trust in God’s covenant to provide what you need, you will be blessed! And, as Gloria Copeland has learned, “When you prove to Satan enough times that you will not compromise God’s Word, he will stay out of your way.”

Yes, you can learn how to respond when Satan attacks! You don’t have to sit idly by waiting for something to change. Make a decision to stand in faith, resist the devil, give your attention to God’s Word, and count it all joy when enduring trials. When you do, you will come out the victor and take all the spoils with you. Remember, the enemy has already been defeated—now go remind him of it!

© 1997 - 2018 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved
Thanks for posting Cturtle. I love this reminder. I am seeing it at the perfect time. Thanks, again.

Glory to God for always being a great provider of all things when we need it. Especially a Word of encouragement from the men and women of God whom He has prepared to equip us as His Saints and Children.... So blessed to see you!

Thank you, Cturtle. Things have been a bit ruff lately, but I am ok.

Work is super busy, my boss said I can Hire myself a fulltime assistant. I have to share her with another person who needs an admin, but that's ok. The two of us can keep her very busy.

My exhusband has my head swimming some days. I wanted to ask for prayer but honestly I don't know where to begin. I feel a bit overwhelmed right now and I don't want to be a taker from Everyone. I was thinking I can handle this alone, but there are things I just don't understand going on. I guess I do understand I think I am just spiritually and emotionally tired.

Back