I’ve been convicted of my first sin

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Lots of you on here will be well aware of this happening. But to be perfectly honest, since I only got brought to Christ this year, he’s only been allowing me to read the bible and get to know the basics.
But out of the blue yesterday something came into my consciousness that was most certainly not my own.
And I looked it up and there it was. A simple sin. I say simple because who would have thought a little thing like enjoying sleep is a sin. It’s also my greatest love. I work full time and read my bible but...He knows it’s my biggest weakness.
I

I was shocked. I cried for the very first tome. Not in pain but in relief that He was working in me after all these months of searching.

Now I’ve vowed to takethe Cristian Walk extremely seriously. It meant so much to me when I read the whole verse I couldn’t believe it.

I am so happy I could cry
But I’m scared I’ll want to sin
Any help apprecited

Last edited:
Lots of you on here will be well aware of this happening. But to be perfectly honest, since I only got brought to Christ this year, he’s only been allowing me to read the bible and get to know the basics.
But out of the blue yesterday something came into my consciousness that was most certainly not my own.
And I looked it up and there it was. A simple sin. I say simple because who would have thought a little thing like enjoying sleep is a sin. It’s also my greatest love. I work full time and read my bible but...He knows it’s my biggest weakness.
I

I was shocked. I cried for the very first tome. Not in pain but in relief that He was working in me after all these months of searching.

Now I’ve vowed to takethe Cristian Walk extremely seriously. It meant so much to me when I read the whole verse I couldn’t believe it.

Any help apprecited

That sounds wonderful.
I'm happy for you and happy for me because I certainly enjoy getting a good sleep.
Or, were you talking about spiritual slumber? Because scripture does support peace, resting in Him etc.
Could the Lord have been real close but as sometimes we put our own understanding with it?
Scripture tells us that the only sin is unbelief, for if we are believers there is an atonement for our shortfalls, that is why Jesus could say 'go and sin no more' meaning stay true to your confession of being my deciple. Stay in Me and 'be ye perfect'
God bless you as we journey on this glorious path.

I say simple because who would have thought a little thing like enjoying sleep is a sin. It’s also my greatest love.

Sin can and will be anything that keeps you from doing what the Lord offers you.

Sometimes it is even doing what seems to be good.

Learning to recognize sin in ones self is one of the most fundamental teachings of the Spirit.
A complimentary lesson is learning how to combat sin in ones life by rejoicing in doing what the Lord desires.

You will find that He has many great pleasures in store for you and that the christian walk does not mean continual self denial.

That sounds wonderful.
I'm happy for you and happy for me because I certainly enjoy getting a good sleep.
Or, were you talking about spiritual slumber? Because scripture does support peace, resting in Him etc.
Could the Lord have been real close but as sometimes we put our own understanding with it?
Scripture tells us that the only sin is unbelief, for if we are believers there is an atonement for our shortfalls, that is why Jesus could say 'go and sin no more' meaning stay true to your confession of being my deciple. Stay in Me and 'be ye perfect'
God bless you as we journey on this glorious path.

your right, I’ve checked...
unbelief is the only sin.

well then, I wonder if I didn’t believe He would heal me of my love of being care free and lazy of my future!

I admit I can’t understand the Trinity very well, if not at all. But it’s there in the bible so I believe it.
But believing in something I don’t understand is hard so maybe I just got a wake up call haha

blessings xx

I

Any help apprecited
Sleeping is not a sin, being lazy could be. Its important to look at context, and what verse allude to. We should act like God, Jesus slept, even during the day often it seems. It seems all Jesus did was preach, pray sleep, preach pray sleep. Sleep all you want to, i think as long as you work and do glorify God, sleeping isn't a problem. I used to sleep 13 hours a day. I also worked two jobs, and evangelised daily. Sleeping is not an issue, being lazy is.

I thought too much sleep wasn’t a problem, or at least not as bad as other sins. having too much sloth in my life And no energy to do things after work has me doing nothing not even His Will.

I'm sorry I know this is a year old nearly, however:

Have you considered this as a medical issue? It almost sounds medical in this post.

If your sleeping between 6-8 hours a night and still have no energy, this is something you need to see a doctor about to make sure there's not something else going on physically.

You could try eating healthier and setting an alarm to make sure you aren't oversleeping.

However, extreme tiredness could be a sign of sleep apnea, meaning your brain isn't getting enough oxygen at night, plus there are other physical possibilities as well for being tired all the time.

Maybe God just wants you to get the help you need for this.

Back