I can't hear God well if at all... I'm questioning if I have his spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok focus.

You can hear from God especially when you read the Bible. It is written for us to read out loud to ourselves and others but we can also read it silently. Because the words are spirit filled they speak to our spirit and we have them written in our heart. When you know something off by heart, thats what it means. You can recall what God words are. And they will speak to your spirit.

The more you read, the more you can understand and know Gods voice. What he says and how he says it. What He does and how He acts.

If you dont have a Bible please obtain one.
If you do and have trouble reading it ask your church if there is a small group study you can join.
Find the time to read the Bible. This is important for your spiritual growth. You CAN hear from God. The devil does try to block peoples ears and make you doubt and question. But just persist and keep digging into the Word.

I've been saved since 2010..I have been baptized...and I do speak in tongues...I'm just confused as to why I don't hear his voice.
My friend said his sheep hear his voice. Either I'm not a sheep or I need to be rebaptized... And filled. I don't know what to do..
But I do know I should be being led It makes me wonder if I'm a sheep or if I just snuck in some how :/
Or if I'm supposed to be saved. Maybe this is why it's so hard.

I don't want to be a vessel for destruction.
:( I'm trying ...I really am.

I'm not trying to hear a great revelation just led in everyday life that's all.

Dear Autumn Oddity;

Your opening thread and posts helps to understand you because many Christians have asked those same questions, and in a small way here are your results.

1. You clicked "like" to post#20. That's a good start! Please read and re-read Luke 24:25-27 and you may relate to what the two brothers went through as Jesus was walking with them. They didn't hear His voice nor knew they were walking with Him. As you read you will notice that it finally sank in. Jesus is incredibly patient with us!

2. The confusion you say you experience may be the BIG BITE you are trying to swallow. By taking small bites you will be able to taste the day you celebrated getting saved in 2010. Another small bite and you will be able to chew on the Word as you spoke in tongues. You will begin to distinguish between the small bites being able to know in your heart that you did not "sneak in somehow", but it was the work of the Holy Spirit that led you to Christ Jesus.

3. This, sister, is how God begins to speak to you, slowly but surely, not so much in audibles but in your heart you can sense God because of those little bites you took.

4. I believe with all my heart, sister, that you are saved.

Please stop at this point. Savor those small bites and take this to your pastor. Since 2010, do you have a pastor, someone you can trust and have this important talk with him?

When you got saved in 2010 didn't become difficult because God embraced you, and His promise was given to you that He would strengthen and help you, upholding you with His righteous right hand. Therefore, "do do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God." - Isaiah 41:10a ESV

I minister daily, weekly to young adults your age as well as middle age and seniors who ask questions very similar to yours, sister.

Its a blessing when you can go to your brothers and sisters at Christian Forum Site or other Christian sites and open up to them. But God has also assigned an anointed shepherd in your church that you can go to, and have this conversation.

Please give this some thought. Meantime, we're all praying for you, Autumn. God bless you and your family.

Dear Autumn Oddity;

Your opening thread and posts helps to understand you because many Christians have asked those same questions, and in a small way here are your results.

1. You clicked "like" to post#20. That's a good start! Please read and re-read Luke 24:25-27 and you may relate to what the two brothers went through as Jesus was walking with them. They didn't hear His voice nor knew they were walking with Him. As you read you will notice that it finally sank in. Jesus is incredibly patient with us!

2. The confusion you say you experience may be the BIG BITE you are trying to swallow. By taking small bites you will be able to taste the day you celebrated getting saved in 2010. Another small bite and you will be able to chew on the Word as you spoke in tongues. You will begin to distinguish between the small bites being able to know in your heart that you did not "sneak in somehow", but it was the work of the Holy Spirit that led you to Christ Jesus.

3. This, sister, is how God begins to speak to you, slowly but surely, not so much in audibles but in your heart you can sense God because of those little bites you took.

4. I believe with all my heart, sister, that you are saved.

Please stop at this point. Savor those small bites and take this to your pastor. Since 2010, do you have a pastor, someone you can trust and have this important talk with him?

When you got saved in 2010 didn't become difficult because God embraced you, and His promise was given to you that He would strengthen and help you, upholding you with His righteous right hand. Therefore, "do do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God." - Isaiah 41:10a ESV

I minister daily, weekly to young adults your age as well as middle age and seniors who ask questions very similar to yours, sister.

Its a blessing when you can go to your brothers and sisters at Christian Forum Site or other Christian sites and open up to them. But God has also assigned an anointed shepherd in your church that you can go to, and have this conversation.

Please give this some thought. Meantime, we're all praying for you, Autumn. God bless you and your family.
Thanks. I'm really sorry. I know you all are probably tired of my threads. I'm sorry for making these.

I really probably should be by myself until I feel better. :(

You do can hear HIS voice and everyone else DOES, even an Atheist can hear HIS voice.... there is a bible verse for that. My point: we can HEAR God speaks to us when EVERYTIME we are reminded of HIS written word found in the Bible, and thanks God that we can access it at ease compared to a point of time that it is prohibited to read it yourself alone.

Just an added thought: Our Lord, Jesus himself when tested: quoted “it is written”… that is: Jesus himself use what he read on the written Word of God: as it is written…That is the 1st temptation…and it will be worthwhile to note that the enemy got back to Jesus with “for it is written” as well (2nd Temptation)... and Jesus made a correct interpretation "it is also written" and on the 3rd temptation : Jesus does quoted again “For it is written" . Matthew 4:1-11 New International Version (NIV)Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness
4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

What does this have to do with the op?
I think it is very much have to do with the OP. I would say Ms. Autumn Oddity can only say if otherwise.

How are you using this with the op? Thanks for Lanolin post# 15, that is mostly what am trying to say.

To summarize what am trying to say to AO (Autumn Oddity) . READING the Bible (which is written) is an Opportunity to HEAR God speaks, which is the OP is about for..Written… being written, that is: to emphasize: it IS written!

That is an awesome gift for human kind, given our being forgetful as human as we are, and in this internet age: it is very much available at ease, in our convenience to access the WORD and HEAR GOD!

As I feel a need to quote a verse to support what am saying: here one of verses related:
  • i think, for Ms. AO: it is very important to take notes EVERYTIME BIBLE VERSES is being mentioned.
  • Read those Bible verses and there is a lot to learn
  • Romans:15:4 : the Word is for our learning
  • Romans 10:18: the sound went into all the earth, ie: for everyone to hear
  • Ephesians: the Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit: the Helmet of Salvation

ROM 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. ROM 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. ROM 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

EPH 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
EPH 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
EPH 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
EPH 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
EPH 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hello Aha;

I was prayerfully reading about Autumn's struggles and when I came across your posts, your efforts for teaching on "hearing His voice", "it is written" and Romans / Ephesians are commendable but, speaking for myself, brother, I'm trying to understand what you wrote and connect this to Autumn's challenges.

May I make a suggestion? Please don't formulate what you are conveying with bullets, just write clearly and keep it simple. I want to understand your conviction of scripture and how this ties in with our sister who is still "searching".

Once again, if others get it, praise God for their discipleship. As for me, lets discuss this.

God bless you, brother Aha, and your family.

Thanks. I'm really sorry. I know you all are probably tired of my threads. I'm sorry for making these.

I really probably should be by myself until I feel better. :(
We love you and now is not the time to be alone with the thoughts and struggles that the devil is feeding you. It's time to allow the grace and love of the body of Christ to help encourage you with verses and the Love of the Father. :)
Rejoice... Because you have lots of people who are there for you just like you try to be there for others who are going through difficulties.
The Bible in Ephesians 6:8 says that whatever good you do, God will make sure comes back to you.

Remember that the Lord will reward each one of us for the good we do, whether we are slaves or free.
Ephesians 6:8 NLT

Autumn we praying for you I know you struggling at the moment God loves you so much just the devil is a sneaky one placing doubts in your mind. Just tell the devil to get lost.

Of course you have His spirit otherwise why would you even be posting here. Keep reading your Bible.

Jesus said 'I will never leave you nor forsake you' and you know what his holy spirit once the gift is given and you receive nothing can separate you from the love of God. I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you. LO I am with you ALWAYS, even to the end of the age.

Hello Aha;

I was prayerfully reading about Autumn's struggles and when I came across your posts, your efforts for teaching on "hearing His voice", "it is written" and Romans / Ephesians are commendable but, speaking for myself, brother, I'm trying to understand what you wrote and connect this to Autumn's challenges.

May I make a suggestion? Please don't formulate what you are conveying with bullets, just write clearly and keep it simple. I want to understand your conviction of scripture and how this ties in with our sister who is still "searching".

Once again, if others get it, praise God for their discipleship. As for me, lets discuss this.

God bless you, brother Aha, and your family.

Reading the Bible is an Opportunity to Hear God.

This is TRUE for Christian and non-Christian alike: every person when they read the Bible is an Opportunity to HEAR GOD.

That is the first offered helpful thoughts.

AO can hear God the very moment she reads the Bible.

As a Christian, we can HEAR GOD : the fact we accepted Christ (that is: the Gospel).

Telling oneself one cannot hear God is NOT TRUE.

That will be similar to the enemy’s temptation.

Thus, quoted the story of “Temptation of Christ”

On hearing...he that has ears let him hear---

Some people would say things cannot be true because its only 'hearsay'.
It would pay to investigate the source.

This is what it comes down to, can you trust the Bible is the word of God? If you cant, then you wont believe its true. You will only dismiss the gospels as 'gossip'. Even though they are written down for us a record and a word of our testimony. Even though they are eyewitness accounts of what Jesus said. Word for word from peoples memories. (Mark, Luke, Matthew and John)

What does to 'testify' mean?
The thing is 500 people witnessed the risen Christ and they could not stop speaking of what they saw and heard. Then this was written down, and John writes that the world could not contain all the books written about Jesus and what he did.

Just want to encourage autumn and everyone else, take time to read the Bible. This is how we can hear from God.

Sometimes He may say things we may not like. Its all good tho. You are blessed when you read the Bible because its written for our learning. And yes, take it at your own pace. It can take a lifetime, there is no rule that says 'you must read ten verses a day' but just as long as you are reading it because when you read the Bible you are spending time listening to what God has to say.

Think on it this way if we do not actually live in Israel how else are we to hear from God? GOd spoke through his prophets who were chosen to speak his word to others and this was recorded (and now translated) so everyone could also know...so that the whole world may know! In these last days He speaks through his son. And we believers are the ones privliged to tell the story of Jesus to the ends of the earth. And this...history (His story) is all in the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back