I just want to say some things about my faith (if you are interested)

My faith is hurting right now. Nothing seems right. Spring is a weak time for me, because I did so many awesome things in the spring last year, before I became a true Christian and started taking Jesus Christ seriously. Now I want to do them again.
My mind goes everywhere when I read the Bible and when I pray, and it makes me upset. It feels like I am wasting my time, but I know that I am not. My faith is being attacked on all four corners because of Catholicism (which I will never join, by the way) and atheism. But I am certain that my God is real. I am certain that Yahweh, and Jesus Christ are there, and that they love me. But it just doesn't feel that way.
I find it hard to control myself. Why do I fall into the same sin every time, even though I pray, and I repent, and I feel like I mean it? Do I not mean it? It's like I talk about fear but I'm not even scared.

If you guys remembered long ago, I talked about God telling me that an intimate relationship was something that I could not do right now but I should not give up (something like that. The song went, "it's bigger than you right now..." so I am still trying to find out what God means by that. But I know that it was God because I was minding my own business, and those lines caught my complete attention. I was not paying the song any mind). Remember how you guys said that I was wrong, and that God always wants to have an intimate relationship? Well, I know that He does, but I am not ready for it.
I will keep on reading the Bible, and praying, and standing up for my faith, and going on this site.
I need to listen to that song's advice, because I fear that if I don't, I will lose my faith.

Good day mates.

My faith is hurting right now. Nothing seems right. Spring is a weak time for me, because I did so many awesome things in the spring last year, before I became a true Christian and started taking Jesus Christ seriously. Now I want to do them again.
My mind goes everywhere when I read the Bible and when I pray, and it makes me upset. It feels like I am wasting my time, but I know that I am not. My faith is being attacked on all four corners because of Catholicism (which I will never join, by the way) and atheism. But I am certain that my God is real. I am certain that Yahweh, and Jesus Christ are there, and that they love me. But it just doesn't feel that way.
I find it hard to control myself. Why do I fall into the same sin every time, even though I pray, and I repent, and I feel like I mean it? Do I not mean it? It's like I talk about fear but I'm not even scared.

If you guys remembered long ago, I talked about God telling me that an intimate relationship was something that I could not do right now but I should not give up (something like that. The song went, "it's bigger than you right now..." so I am still trying to find out what God means by that. But I know that it was God because I was minding my own business, and those lines caught my complete attention. I was not paying the song any mind). Remember how you guys said that I was wrong, and that God always wants to have an intimate relationship? Well, I know that He does, but I am not ready for it.
I will keep on reading the Bible, and praying, and standing up for my faith, and going on this site.
I need to listen to that song's advice, because I fear that if I don't, I will lose my faith.

Good day mates.
The mind is where the devil attacks us. Fear is the opposite of faith, and it is a spirit which is not of God.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Fear always brings "torment" which is why you are feeling the way you are. Rebuke the devil, and bind the spirit of fear from you and your household. Confess God's Words over all your life, even if you have to continually speak it. The devil knows those who belong to God and he knows there is power in what you say, because the Lord has given you power over all the works of the evil one.
If you give Satan an opening through fear he will come in like a flood, but speaking God's words the Spirit of God will rise a standard against him.
Brother Juk, we are in a war, and you are a soldier in that war, and the weapons we use to keep the enemy at bay are not carnal but mighty through God. Stand your ground, and never give in!!!
If, and when you do sin do not wait to confess it, do it immediately so as not give the enemy a opening to you.

Last edited:
God's hand is extended to you for the intimate walk with Him. You have to trust Him and stop questioning everything and have faith - i.e. Trust in Him. He died for you, what more do you want Him to do to prove His love for you. Stay in the scriptures, prayer and in faith. Feelings are not to be trusted, you MUST take captive every thought that is contrary to the word of God. If you don't, you fall into the same sin. There's no condemnation by God, so who else is there? The devil and your flesh. So, do they have any power? Only what YOU give them. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Do it.

The mind is where the devil attacks us. Fear is the opposite of faith, and it is a spirit which is not of God.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Fear always brings "torment" which is why you are feeling the way you are. Rebuke the devil, and bind the spirit of fear from you and your household. Confess God's Words over all your life, even if you have to continually speak it. The devil knows those who belong to God and he knows there is power in what you say, because the Lord has given you power over all the works of the evil one.
If you give Satan an opening through fear he will come in like a flood, but speaking God's words the Spirit of God will rise a standard against him.
Brother Juk, we are in a war, and you are a soldier in that war, and the weapons we use to keep the enemy at bay are not carnal but mighty through God. Stand your ground, and never give in!!!
If, and when you do sin do not wait to confess it, do it immediately so as not give the enemy a opening to you.
I am not scared of anything, at least I do not feel as such. I just feel a bit threatened, because the false religions out there kinda (but not really at all) are convincing, but I have concluded that this is because I am still at an impressionable age.

God's hand is extended to you for the intimate walk with Him. You have to trust Him and stop questioning everything and have faith - i.e. Trust in Him. He died for you, what more do you want Him to do to prove His love for you. Stay in the scriptures, prayer and in faith. Feelings are not to be trusted, you MUST take captive every thought that is contrary to the word of God. If you don't, you fall into the same sin. There's no condemnation by God, so who else is there? The devil and your flesh. So, do they have any power? Only what YOU give them. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Do it.
So I need to have faith that something is happening that is not truly happening? What is the point of God speaking to me if I do not know what He is saying, and I don't know how to listen? No one has told me how to listen, either. I tried sitting still and being quiet. It does not work. Is God really speaking, then? Why should I have faith that God is speaking when He isn't? Instead of having faith in something that is not true, I should try to make it true, by trying to get closer to God. But I have been doing that for a while. God communicates with me on His terms, not mine.

So then I guess it does come back to having faith.

But what do I do when the situation seems hopeless? Have faith? What if I am not doing it right, and I don't have to Holy Spirit? This is the lie that many people have been told in charismatic churches, that they must have faith, when they do not eve have to Holy Spirit inside of them. I don't want to fall into that lie. I want to know the truth, and where I truly am with God. Because it seems like I am nowhere, and that becomes more convincing as the days go by, and I keep on messing up, when I clearly should not be. I mess up on the simple things. How have I changed? Have I even changed? It doesn't seem like it. I want to change. I accepted Christ's gift. What else is there to do? Nothing, because salvation comes by faith alone. So what next, then?

Sometimes I just want to die before I reject God completely. I hope that does not happen. I have tried to before, but it seems impossible for me to reject Him. He has just done so much. So I come back to the same problem. Everything is falling apart, and that is why I do not believe that it is my time.

Sorry if I sounded rude in this post, I was just letting my feelings go, and it was also kind of a prayer to God. I want to know where I am with Him.

I am not scared of anything, at least I do not feel as such. I just feel a bit threatened, because the false religions out there kinda (but not really at all) are convincing, but I have concluded that this is because I am still at an impressionable age.
Juk, nobody can make you believe anything. It is all up to you. Feeling "threatened" is another form of fear. Never at anytime but you trust in your own mind when it comes to spiritual things. We trust in the Lord will our hearts, not our mind. The human mind is the easiest thing to deceive. We are so used to thinking logically, and we are not used to trusting our heart, but that is where our safety is. The "anointing" dwells in your heart , not mind. You conscience is the "voice" of your spirit. trust it.

Pro 3:5.. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Juk, nobody can make you believe anything. It is all up to you. Feeling "threatened" is another form of fear. Never at anytime but you trust in your own mind when it comes to spiritual things. We trust in the Lord will our hearts, not our mind. The human mind is the easiest thing to deceive. We are so used to thinking logically, and we are not used to trusting our heart, but that is where our safety is. The "anointing" dwells in your heart , not mind. You conscience is the "voice" of your spirit. trust it.

Pro 3:5.. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
How do I know what my heart is saying?

Brother Juk,

Please consider these verses:
John 6:37-40 and 44-45, pay particular attention to verse 37 and 44. Also consider Romans 8:9 and 14-17...paying particular attention to verse 9 and 16.

Reactions: Juk
How do I know what my heart is saying?
Your natural person is carnal and will oppose submission to God (Jesus). Romans 8 is very much about how one MUST have the
Holy Spirit (as described throughout Acts) to have the power of the Spirit to overcome the flesh, your natural desires and selfish wants.
Juk, pray to Jesus to receive the Holy Spirit so that you can fulfill the gospel of salvation that is there in your New Testament.
Seek for a true Pentecostal Church where people are baptized by full immersion and where they are encouraged to be baptized in the
Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in a new tongue that the Holy Spirit will give you as He did in the beginning.
Then and only then will you have the full armour of God as written in Ephesians 6: 10-18
Only then will you fulfill Romans 8
You MUST be born again of water and the Spirit to enter the Kingdom of God.
It is what the entire New Testament is all about. What you read is still true today as always.
Read Acts and be inspired that what you read is still the truth for those who believe the Word of God as opposed to the doctrines
taught by churches.

That is fear. Fear is something we believe that is based on a lie. Once God has convinced you of the truth of His Son and His love for you in laying down His life for yours, then love replaces fear.

Zephaniah 3:17
17 For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Romans 8:38
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

1 John 4:18
18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.

That is fear. Fear is something we believe that is based on a lie. Once God has convinced you of the truth of His Son and His love for you in laying down His life for yours, then love replaces fear.

Zephaniah 3:17
17 For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Romans 8:38
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

1 John 4:18
18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.
I never thought of it like that.

Good day mates.

Juk here it is un-sugar coated because you brother can handle it.
You are building a relationship with God and it is personal and that's that. settle it !
Stop beating your self up with what you can and can not do. Relax, play and have fun and stop allowing the devil to get you all boxed up in a tied up mess who thinks they can not have fun. Look Juk my friend........the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy.

Look at those words and look at your self......is anything missing ? like your joy and happiness and peace ? How about FUN ? Yea the dervil will try to steal this too.

Juk if a video game does not promote evil or majic and such then have some fun but do not forget YOUR TIME withthe Lord. Make some video's already but again simply do not promote what would be apposed to His written word....Settle this already and have some fun.

Right now Juk you are punishing your self and you need to tell your self lighten up already I am going to have some fun and enjoy this spring and summer and fall and winter. Settle it and just do it BUT DO NOT NEGLECT TIME WITH THE FATHER............

You seeing this my friend..........Go have some fun already. PLEASE !!!!!!
BLESSINGHS
JIM

@Juk may i make a suggestion? Get yourself a cracker or a bit of bread and some juice (grape if you can) and in your alone time with the Father, one day, bring everything before Him, and if your decision is to make the Word of God final authority in your life, then take communion and settle it. And as others have said then you have to make a decision to stand on the Word. Decide that because you asked for God to be very real in your life that He will grant that request, but you have to believe that He will.

James 1:6 in the nlt says "But when you ask Him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tosses by the wind"

We all love you little man, but this is one area that only you and the Father can develop...and you have to totally rely on Him for strength.

The Bible says that the joy of the Lord is our strength.....so my friend where in your joy?

Juk have you been baptized? I think you mentioned this once that you hadn't been just wondering.
Following Jesus is not a burden. You need to choose who you will serve, last Sunday our pastor in church put it like this - there are two possible outcomes of the spiritual life -

the evil one, the thief, Satan - death, destruction, being ripped off
the good shepherd, Jesus - Life, and life in abundance

or, as I think of it - heaven or hell. I choose heaven cos Jesus is there.

scripture for you - John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

So I need to have faith that something is happening that is not truly happening? What is the point of God speaking to me if I do not know what He is saying, and I don't know how to listen? No one has told me how to listen, either. I tried sitting still and being quiet. It does not work. Is God really speaking, then? Why should I have faith that God is speaking when He isn't? Instead of having faith in something that is not true, I should try to make it true, by trying to get closer to God. But I have been doing that for a while. God communicates with me on His terms, not mine.

So then I guess it does come back to having faith.

But what do I do when the situation seems hopeless? Have faith? What if I am not doing it right, and I don't have to Holy Spirit? This is the lie that many people have been told in charismatic churches, that they must have faith, when they do not eve have to Holy Spirit inside of them. I don't want to fall into that lie. I want to know the truth, and where I truly am with God. Because it seems like I am nowhere, and that becomes more convincing as the days go by, and I keep on messing up, when I clearly should not be. I mess up on the simple things. How have I changed? Have I even changed? It doesn't seem like it. I want to change. I accepted Christ's gift. What else is there to do? Nothing, because salvation comes by faith alone. So what next, then?

Sometimes I just want to die before I reject God completely. I hope that does not happen. I have tried to before, but it seems impossible for me to reject Him. He has just done so much. So I come back to the same problem. Everything is falling apart, and that is why I do not believe that it is my time.

Sorry if I sounded rude in this post, I was just letting my feelings go, and it was also kind of a prayer to God. I want to know where I am with Him.
Stick to the word of God and let the Holy Spirit teach you. I've told you exactly how to find out Who is talking to you - keep notes. As you find truth in events you'll begin to recognize who is talking to you, whether it's the devil, your flesh or God. You have to know the word of God because that's the foundation and nothing you learn from the Holy Spirit will contradict the written word of God. It takes experience, learning to listen and obey in faith. There's no formula, no way to teach you how to listen, it's enough to know it's possible and God will instruct His. You have to stop, meditate and be at peace. You will attempt to reject God, but as David said of God:

Psalms 139:8 (KJV)
If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].​

You cannot escape His love and you'll return. You will reject the teachings of God because our flesh doesn't like it, our mind is taught 14 hours a day by the world, 2 hours by our study of God's word and in prayer, and 8 hours of sleep when the Lord speaks to us because we don't listen to Him the 14 hours being bombarded by the world.

Job 33:14-16 (KJV)
For God speaketh once, yea twice, [yet man] perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,​

This is why we can't stay away from Him once we know Him. You must actively fight these teachings and thoughts that are contrary to the word of God. Only YOU can do that.

2 Corinthians 10:5-6 (KJV)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.​

Hang in there and be at peace Juk. God loves you very much!

P.S. Here's an example that started me thinking about God helping me. I was in high school getting ready for a test for college eligibility. One of the questions was something I had just experienced the day before and the experience stuck in my memory. I had gotten a glass of tea and it was a little warm so I put in an ice cube. As I picked up the glass and turned, I distinctly remember the cube stayed in place relative to the floor. It was a strong memory. I thought nothing of it, but it was on my test! "What happens to a object sitting in a glass of water and the glass is turned?" !!! I couldn't believe it. That's when I knew the Holy Spirit was guiding me in the most benign ways. When I was in the Air Force I would get ideas and I'd check them out and I'd pass a very complex schematic drawing of a circuit because the Idea would pop in my head to check something out. The Idea is the Lord. It takes observation and faith to be helped by God. It still happens today, decades later. Glory to God He wants to be a part of your life in EVERY way!

Stick to the word of God and let the Holy Spirit teach you. I've told you exactly how to find out Who is talking to you - keep notes. As you find truth in events you'll begin to recognize who is talking to you, whether it's the devil, your flesh or God. You have to know the word of God because that's the foundation and nothing you learn from the Holy Spirit will contradict the written word of God. It takes experience, learning to listen and obey in faith. There's no formula, no way to teach you how to listen, it's enough to know it's possible and God will instruct His. You have to stop, meditate and be at peace. You will attempt to reject God, but as David said of God:

Psalms 139:8 (KJV)
If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].​

You cannot escape His love and you'll return. You will reject the teachings of God because our flesh doesn't like it, our mind is taught 14 hours a day by the world, 2 hours by our study of God's word and in prayer, and 8 hours of sleep when the Lord speaks to us because we don't listen to Him the 14 hours being bombarded by the world.

Job 33:14-16 (KJV)
For God speaketh once, yea twice, [yet man] perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,​

This is why we can't stay away from Him once we know Him. You must actively fight these teachings and thoughts that are contrary to the word of God. Only YOU can do that.

2 Corinthians 10:5-6 (KJV)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.​

Hang in there and be at peace Juk. God loves you very much!
It's really hard for me to do things without a formula. But I do "fight down" teachings contrary to the Word of God. I don't listen to them. In fact, I don't listen to anything if it does not involve Jesus in a positive way. I find it extremely hard to, even if it's good advice.

@Juk may i make a suggestion? Get yourself a cracker or a bit of bread and some juice (grape if you can) and in your alone time with the Father, one day, bring everything before Him, and if your decision is to make the Word of God final authority in your life, then take communion and settle it. And as others have said then you have to make a decision to stand on the Word. Decide that because you asked for God to be very real in your life that He will grant that request, but you have to believe that He will.

James 1:6 in the nlt says "But when you ask Him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tosses by the wind"

We all love you little man, but this is one area that only you and the Father can develop...and you have to totally rely on Him for strength.

The Bible says that the joy of the Lord is our strength.....so my friend where in your joy?
I have no joy.

Juk have you been baptized? I think you mentioned this once that you hadn't been just wondering.
Following Jesus is not a burden. You need to choose who you will serve, last Sunday our pastor in church put it like this - there are two possible outcomes of the spiritual life -

the evil one, the thief, Satan - death, destruction, being ripped off
the good shepherd, Jesus - Life, and life in abundance

or, as I think of it - heaven or hell. I choose heaven cos Jesus is there.

scripture for you - John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I have not been baptized. My church was doing baptisms but I did not want to get baptized by that church. I don't believe it's doing its job.

I do try to stand on God's Word.

Back