I Need Help

I don't know if Im doing this right but ive been having alot of worries lately and I've been really worried about death and about whether or not im being good enough. i just have been having alot of panic attacks when i start thinking about it. Im not doubting but with all the outside influence i just need some reassurance.

I grew up in the church i made the choice to get baptized and while i have always believed and feared God i admit i have drifted away but i have been honestly trying to redevote myself and say no to any old bad habits so yes i believe so.

The other night i was having a rough time and i sat on my knees and begged for forgiveness and i felt better and i have changed my life and im making alot of changes but im still a little afraid so idk if im born again I've been told by some its by not having doubt its asking to receive Jesus and and believing you are saved

So im suppose to admit to God that i know im helpless and ask to be saved and know that only he has the power to save me

Well i remember reading that the only way o the father is through Christ so i have to believe that Christ died for me and that God will save me if i ask to be forgiven and believe? right?

Well i remember reading that the only way o the father is through Christ so i have to believe that Christ died for me and that God will save me if i ask to be forgiven and believe? right?
The devil believes and he is not saved.

Even though I am saved now for many years, many times I feel as you do. I am sure we all do. It is so easy to become selfish and rule our lives. It is because we love God and approve of His ways that we choose to fear Him and need to daily examine ourselves / put Him on. Think of how you have the choice daily to either submit to Him or do your own thing.

Remember James 4:8. God does not keep Himself from anyone. He desires to comfort and make Himself known to us all. We resist Him. Don't stop drawing close to Him until you have that knowing that you hear His voice John 10:27.

Lets commit your life into his hands right now, please repeat this prayer out Loud with meaning and believe that he is hearing what you are saying.

The prayer is on the middle of this page: http://www.salvationprayer.info/prayer.html

Please do get involved with a good bible based church, pray and read your bible everyday. The Lord will lead you my friend as you take the next step into water baptism.

I will pray for you...
God Bless

We humans have an inherent 'heart condition'; it is prone to be wicked and sinful in the flesh desiring the things of this world. There is only One 'Great Physician' that can heal our ills spiritually-He is Jesus Christ-the living Son of the Living God resurrected and on the right hand of God in Heaven.

Saying a prayer and 'feeling' will not change your 'heart condition'; we are born into a world of sin-a world where each individual is given a choice-to follow God our Creator and Savior; or live as the flesh coveting/ desiring worldly things.

We have to make a choice for our spiritual and eternal well-being. In God's eyes, there is no 'grey area' the 'grey area' is a man made invention meant to deceive and send people to Hell. There is only two ways: good and evil. YES, it really is that simple. YOU have to make a choice whether or not to follow one path or another.

All things "good" are of God; but wide is the path that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to eternal life in Heaven. There is only One True Path to living life in eternity in Heaven; and that is turning away (repenting) from the worldly desires and be 'born again' in the Spirit.

God wants our hearts-He wants us to 'follow Him' in truth, life and light; He WANTS to give us all the desires of our hearts (in goodness). But we must submit to His authority and shake of the cares of this world. He rules the realm of the Spirit which is much greater than this world in the flesh.

We are living in a time of 'faith'; the days of prophets and miracles was suspended when Christ died on the cross to pay for our sin debt. People will say "there is no God, where is He?; Should God not have returned by now? Things have always been this way and we don't need a 'god'. " This is because the Lord wants our hearts-right now His face is hidden from us; He gives us liberty in freedom of choice-the freedom to do what is right and 'good'. But we also have the freedom to choose evil-for the natural flesh is tainted with wickedness.

This is why we must be "born again" in Spirit. (Read John 3) We cannot change our flesh: BUT we CAN change the direction of our Spiritual being. We cannot do this by ourselves however; we NEED the One who controls the realm of the Spirit to guide us. This is the cause of Christ-to provide salvation for our sinful flesh and grow the spirit within you.

Your flesh is a husk for the spirit-you need spiritual nutrition to grow the spirit which is the Word/ the Bible. (Read John chapter 1) To grow your spirit, you need a helper/a comforter- which is the Holy Spirit that God sends when you accept Him and what he has done.

When you accept there is a God in Heaven; that He created you; that He is the source of Light, Life, Truth, Goodness, Righteousness, Holiness; That He wants to give you eternal life; that He loves you; that He died to pay for your sin debt in the person Jesus Christ at Calvary, that He LOVES you-accept what he has done for YOU and every human on this planet, then Our God sends the Holy Spirit into an open heart to fix your 'heart condition'.

Will you open the doors to your heart today and invite the Holy Spirit in? Will you let Him show you through His Word the Truth of this world? Will you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.

It is YOUR heart condition; and it is between you and the LORD to grow your spirit. Will you let Him?

God left this note for you:

...God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ...Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I am the way, the truth and the life.

Love
Jesus the Christ-Son of the Living God

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

With Love,
Paul-Apostle to the Gentiles

We humans have an inherent 'heart condition'; it is prone to be wicked and sinful in the flesh desiring the things of this world. There is only One 'Great Physician' that can heal our ills spiritually-He is Jesus Christ-the living Son of the Living God resurrected and on the right hand of God in Heaven.

Saying a prayer and 'feeling' will not change your 'heart condition'; we are born into a world of sin-a world where each individual is given a choice-to follow God our Creator and Savior; or live as the flesh coveting/ desiring worldly things.
We have to make a choice for our spiritual and eternal well-being.

Completely agree with you BUT it all begins with a simple prayer in faith. Once a person confesses with his/her tongue and invites the Lord back into his/her heart the Lord will begin a new work in that persons life - changing his/her heart etc.

The Lord will never push anyone into believing in him - only gently led by the Holy Spirit.

Peace

Thank you guys i prayed i didn't say the exact prayer you posted Jake but i asked for forgiveness and asked for Him to come into my life and lead me

We have to make a choice for our spiritual and eternal well-being. In God's eyes, there is no 'grey area' the 'grey area' is a man made invention meant to deceive and send people to Hell. There is only two ways: good and evil. YES, it really is that simple. YOU have to make a choice whether or not to follow one path or another.

All things "good" are of God; but wide is the path that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to eternal life in Heaven. There is only One True Path to living life in eternity in Heaven; and that is turning away (repenting) from the worldly desires and be 'born again' in the Spirit.

God wants our hearts-He wants us to 'follow Him' in truth, life and light; He WANTS to give us all the desires of our hearts (in goodness). But we must submit to His authority and shake of the cares of this world. He rules the realm of the Spirit which is much greater than this world in the flesh.

We are living in a time of 'faith'; the days of prophets and miracles was suspended when Christ died on the cross to pay for our sin debt. People will say "there is no God, where is He?; Should God not have returned by now? Things have always been this way and we don't need a 'god'. " This is because the Lord wants our hearts-right now His face is hidden from us; He gives us liberty in freedom of choice-the freedom to do what is right and 'good'. But we also have the freedom to choose evil-for the natural flesh is tainted with wickedness.

This is why we must be "born again" in Spirit. (Read John 3) We cannot change our flesh: BUT we CAN change the direction of our Spiritual being. We cannot do this by ourselves however; we NEED the One who controls the realm of the Spirit to guide us. This is the cause of Christ-to provide salvation for our sinful flesh and grow the spirit within you.

Your flesh is a husk for the spirit-you need spiritual nutrition to grow the spirit which is the Word/ the Bible. (Read John chapter 1) To grow your spirit, you need a helper/a comforter- which is the Holy Spirit that God sends when you accept Him and what he has done.

When you accept there is a God in Heaven; that He created you; that He is the source of Light, Life, Truth, Goodness, Righteousness, Holiness; That He wants to give you eternal life; that He loves you; that He died to pay for your sin debt in the person Jesus Christ at Calvary, that He LOVES you-accept what he has done for YOU and every human on this planet, then Our God sends the Holy Spirit into an open heart to fix your 'heart condition'.

Will you open the doors to your heart today and invite the Holy Spirit in? Will you let Him show you through His Word the Truth of this world? Will you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.

It is YOUR heart condition; and it is between you and the LORD to grow your spirit. Will you let Him?
But does this mean that we can't want anything how are we to decide what is careless wicked living and what is good what is the grey area are we suppose to turn away from everything worldly and live a basic life i thought that was the point of Jesus dying for us so that we could make mistakes and so we didn't have to live a condemned life afraid of all the sin so that we could live life but be cautious of the temptations bc that is why i have Been having these panic attacks i feel as though every thought every want or desire or action i do isn't good enough and im condemned for it i feel as though my very fear of death and worry about what happens after is damming me

Thank you guys i prayed i didn't say the exact prayer you posted Jake but i asked for forgiveness and asked for Him to come into my life and lead me

That's alright bigman, as long as you said something along those lines - God knows your heart. Do find your self a good bible based church...Spend time in worship and in his word and prayer. Within a few weeks you'll see God start to work in your heart brother..

God Bless

Completely agree with you BUT it all begins with a simple prayer in faith. Once a person confesses with his/her tongue and invites the Lord back into his/her heart the Lord will begin a new work in that persons life - changing his/her heart etc.

The Lord will never push anyone into believing in him - only gently led by the Holy Spirit.

Peace

Yes-prayer is our offense and defense in this world-but it is only valid if God is listening. God listens (hearkens/ hears) those whom are truly seeking Him. The 'heart condition' must be addressed first. Can prayer in meditation of the Word lead to salvation? It is a truth you have stated above.

With any problem-in order to solve any problem-the root issue must be identified and acknowledged first. How can someone accept payment of their sin debt without first recognize they are a sinner?

God has a process....His ways are unchanging....

But does this mean that we can't want anything how are we to decide what is careless wicked living and what is good what is the grey area are we suppose to turn away from everything worldly and live a basic life i thought that was the point of Jesus dying for us so that we could make mistakes and so we didn't have to live a condemned life afraid of all the sin so that we could live life but be cautious of the temptations bc that is why i have Been having these panic attacks i feel as though every thought every want or desire or action i do isn't good enough and im condemned for it i feel as though my very fear of death and worry about what happens after is damming me

'Be still and know that I am God'

What is 'fear' of the Lord? Should we be 'afraid' of Hell? Does Christ give us a 'free pass to sin?

'Fear' of the Lord is a good healthy respect for the Holiness of God an an understanding that we live under the umbrella of His longsuffering and Mercy; He doesn't NEED us-we NEED Him. He wants us dependent on His will and ways.

As a believer; Hell is a very real place and I don't want to go there. Nor do I want others too. It is the separation from God for eternity; I would much rather be in God's presence than the alternative.

We don't get a 'free pass' from sin contrary to some teachings. We are to "fight" sin. Our spirit battles the flesh-and loses every time -'for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'. We 'WIN" when God steps in-or should I say-when we allow the Holy Spirit to have the controls. Does God forgive us? YES-BUT we have to make the effort; God want's workers in Spirit-not sloth.

When we become dependent on God and submit or 'self' to Him; then the Spirit has something to work with. Meditate on our perfect example; think how Jesus Christ humbled Himself to the unworthy. Think on how Christ became the mockery of all things good so we may have eternal life.

Humble your will to God and He will come....

May I suggest digesting your favorite Gospel (mine is John) as well as the Psalms & Romans.

Those who do not believe are condemned; those who believe will have life everlasting: salvation is the free gift to all those who accept. Blessings come with obedience and sacrifice after salvation. Call out to the LORD and be saved...

John 3:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Psalm 46:
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

Back