I really saw the Holy Spirit or holy Ghost with my own eyes. What does that mean?

Luke ch. 3 is about Johns work under God's directive in preparation for Jesus ministry.

In v.22 we see after Jesus's baptism by John, as JESUS was praying the heavens were opened And the Holy Ghost descended in A BODILY SHAPE LIKE A DOVE upon him,and a voice came from heaven,which said. Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Never underestimate the power of God.
With just his word He spoke creation into existence. With his Shekanah glory he lead Israel through the wilderness ; also with fire.

Never limit him to our finite minds, for his ways are not our ways nor his thoughts, our thoughts.

Never, ever put a stumbling block in front of a brother or sister. Above all else never discourage a child in their way when they are seeking God.

First step babies get the milk of the word, 1 Peter 2:1-3 ( in context) processing to meat, then maturity of Christ. Heb. 6:1/2 in context.

Heb.5:11-14........maybe a refreshing.

Major why do you resist the Holy Ghost?

I accepted Jesus as my savior
I was in the car I saw him in left side of wing mirror of car.I saw the Holy Spirit flying as a golden dove.🕊️
why i saw holy spirit?:)

When the Bible tells us that "NO ONE has seen God at any time" (1 John 4:12), why do YOU think that YOU saw Him?

You said and I quote.........
"I accepted Jesus as my savior
I was in the car I saw him in left side of wing mirror of car".

I am NOT rebuking you !!!! I am trying to teach you the Bible. Some people do not like to be taught as they are cemented in what they want to believe so please understand that I am only trying to help you grow in Christ and Bible understanding.

We can not see God. We can not see Christ. Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father in glory. He has a "Glorified" body and if we could stand in front of him today in our sinful condition we would be VAPORIZED because of His perfection!

Then 2nd......how do you know it was Christ in what you think you saw????
Since no good angel would spread a false gospel, it then is why the Bible says that demons can literally pose as angels of light.

2 Corth. 11:14......
"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

When the Bible tells us that "NO ONE has seen God at any time" (1 John 4:12), why do YOU think that YOU saw Him?

I am NOT rebuking you !!!! I am trying to teach you the Bible. Some people do not like to be taught as they are cemented in what they want to believe so please understand that I am only trying to help you grow in Christ and Bible understanding.

We can not see God. We can not see Christ. Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father in glory. He has a "Glorified" body and if we could stand in front of him today in our sinful condition we would be VAPORIZED because of His perfection!

Since no good angel would spread a false gospel, it then is why the Bible says that demons can literally pose as angels of light.

Joel 2:28
King James Version
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:​

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+16&version=KJV

My dear friend........You have to become a Christian by faith NOT seeing!

Take your Bible and open it to Romans 10:17..........
"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Do YOU see that. We do not get saved by seeing the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit CONVICTS YOU of your sin and at the same time POINTS/DIRECTS you to the Lord Jesus Christ and it is faith in the finished work of Christ and His resurrection from the dead that saved you!!!!!

1 Tim. 4:1-3
"Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer. "

Ephesians 4

King James Version​

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Hi siddhikoli
I believe you had a vision.
We are told in Acts 2:17
"And it shall come to pass in the lastdays, says God, That I will pour My Spirit upon all flesh, your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men should see visions, your old men shall dream dreams."
Prophecy, visions and dreams, from God, are given to guide and strengthen us.
Do you believe we are in the Last Days?

Joel 2:28​

King James Version​

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:​

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+16&version=KJV

My dear friend. Thank you for that Scripture as it allow me to explain it for you.

"And it shall come to pass afterward ..."
The specific fulfillment of this passage occurred on the day of Pentecost, upon which occasion the apostle Peter referred to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon the twelve apostles as "this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel" !

Then the qite is repeated in Acts 2:17...." And it shall be in the last days ,'" God says, ‘
That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind ; And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy , And your young men shall see visions , And your old men shall dream dreams ;
To be sure, "Only the apostles received the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on that occasion".

These gifts were at the first bestowed on the Jews only. The highest were reserved altogether for them. Jews only were employed as Apostles and Evangelists; Jews only wrote, by inspiration of God, the “oracles of God,” as the source of the faith of the whole world. : “The Apostles were sons of Israel.

My dear sister..........I apologize that my post made you angry. That is never my intent. I was only trying to teach you the Bible and as a new convert from the Hindu faith, I thought it would be helpful for you.

Again, I am sorry that my words angered you!

Hi siddhikoli
I believe you had a vision.
We are told in Acts 2:17
"And it shall come to pass in the lastdays, says God, That I will pour My Spirit upon all flesh, your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men should see visions, your old men shall dream dreams."
Prophecy, visions and dreams, from God, are given to guide and strengthen us.
Do you believe we are in the Last Days?

yes,We are in the last days
I dreamed that the majority of people were worshiping the Black Cross

800px-Latin-Cross-in-Zapf-Dingbats.svg.png
Revelation 1:7
King James Version​

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

It's a sign you've become a Christian, which is good news. The holy spirit sometimes appears as a dove.

Back in the old Testament, when after 40 days and nights of the big flood, Noah sent out a raven, to see if there was any dry land. The raven bought back nothing, cos the raven couldn't land anywhere. then Noah sent out a dove who did the same thing, but then seven days later bought back an olive leaf. It was a sign that the waters had abated.
He then sent her out again and she didn't come back (she'd found a nest)

The dove is like God's messenger

You may have seen something.......but You did not see the Holy Spirit! The Holy Spirit does not have body and as such, cannot be seen by humans.

I do not relish the fact that you do not want to hear this, ut someone has to tell the truth to you!

The Holy Spirit is GOD! The Bible says that NO ONE has ever seen God at any time out side of the Lord Jesus Christ when He was alive on this earth.

Now if you look in the mirror you will see the results of the Holy Spirit IN YOU! If and when you talk with other bleievers ypu WILL HEAR the Holy Spirit working IN YOU and them.

We cannot see the Holy Spirit "physically" while we still have the corruptible bodies we have but we can feel him, feel his presence and see what he does in several parts of our lives, spreading unconditional love, giving us advice at the right time, repairing the mistakes we make when we decide not to hear his advice. The Holy Spirit loves us unconditionally and is ready to help us in everything we do.

John 1:18.......
"No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father,"
Weii then Major how do you explain Acts 2:3 " And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them."
There is a purpose for all things, who knows what is required in this case? I agree with you that what follows will bear witness of itself. Let's not be too quick to judge.

If there is a church
The problem is who will pick me up and
I am now more passionate about Christianity and love Jesus more and
I went to one church
I went to Tabor Ashram to get cured but I didn't get heal so I can't walk
Church Address Kamba, Village, Varap, P.O, Kalyan West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 421301
And
I know and believe that Jesus the son of God healed them but why am I not healed, some church is a hypocrite, who will pick me up and take me and I want salvation so I am sad and depressed.There is good news why the Holy Spirit appeared, He has something to tell me.

By His stripes you where healed. It is a finished work.
The declaration of you expectation is a wonderful thing. He will not disappoint you.
God bless.

Weii then Major how do you explain Acts 2:3 " And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them."
There is a purpose for all things, who knows what is required in this case? I agree with you that what follows will bear witness of itself. Let's not be too quick to judge.
Lets consider the literal words............." And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them."

Now, does that say that those people SAW the Holy Ghost???? NO they did not. What we have here as it appears the tongues of fire are visual manifestations of the Holy Spirit's intent.

We can not see AIR, only what the AIR does and moves. The Holy Spirit is a Spirit!

So I was not judging in any way.......only trying to reach the correct Bible interpretations of a doctrine.

Back