I think I committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

I posted on here a while back about how I was worried that I'm married to my ex girlfriend and that I wouldn't be able to marry my current one. I was very angry at God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I cussed and mocked them on three or four different occasions. I used all kinds of swear words and even called the Holy Spirit a child. I was spitting on and punching things and pretending it was the Holy Spirit. I told the Holy Spirit to quit convicting me and leave me alone. I said the conviction over me being married to my ex girlfriend was from Satan even though I knew it could be from the Holy Spirit because I was angry and didn't want to believe it was from the Holy Spirit. I had thoughts of purposely committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit by calling Jesus Christ the Devil because I wanted the conviction to stop. I don't remember if I eventually said that part or if it was just thoughts. I may have started to say it and stopped myself or I may have actually said it. Part of me knew that it could've been the Holy Spirit's conviction but part of me was still unsure. Looking back now at all of this, it might've actually been the Holy Spirit convicting me. I knew what I was doing was wrong and I was too angry to stop myself and didn't want to stop myself because I thought it wasn't truly blasphemy. I feel like I lost my soul over this. All I feel is impending doom and suffering. I may be alive right now but I already feel dead and like my fate is sealed. To say I'm ashamed is an understatement. I feel ashamed and guilty to even write any of this. I've been crying, praying, reading the Bible and turning away from my sins because that's all I know to do. All I want is to be forgiven. Is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit unforgivable in the sense that anyone who would commit such a sin would never repent of it or is it such a terrible sin that it's simply unforgivable?

Closest what? I'm so terrified of what I said and did. All I know to do is to pray and keep reading the Bible. The only peace I'm finding right now is from reading the Bible! I was so filled with rage and anger. I was loving the world too much and being so sinful.
Closest to actually blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Normally I counsel a person (and I am not an ordained pastor) that if they are so convicted and in dread, that is a good sign that the Lord isn't finished with them yet. I just think this should be left in the hands of pastors (the list I wrote down).

I posted on here a while back about how I was worried that I'm married to my ex girlfriend and that I wouldn't be able to marry my current one. I was very angry at God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I cussed and mocked them on three or four different occasions. I used all kinds of swear words and even called the Holy Spirit a child. I was spitting on and punching things and pretending it was the Holy Spirit. I told the Holy Spirit to quit convicting me and leave me alone. I said the conviction over me being married to my ex girlfriend was from Satan even though I knew it could be from the Holy Spirit because I was angry and didn't want to believe it was from the Holy Spirit. I had thoughts of purposely committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit by calling Jesus Christ the Devil because I wanted the conviction to stop. I don't remember if I eventually said that part or if it was just thoughts. I may have started to say it and stopped myself or I may have actually said it. Part of me knew that it could've been the Holy Spirit's conviction but part of me was still unsure. Looking back now at all of this, it might've actually been the Holy Spirit convicting me. I knew what I was doing was wrong and I was too angry to stop myself and didn't want to stop myself because I thought it wasn't truly blasphemy. I feel like I lost my soul over this. All I feel is impending doom and suffering. I may be alive right now but I already feel dead and like my fate is sealed. To say I'm ashamed is an understatement. I feel ashamed and guilty to even write any of this. I've been crying, praying, reading the Bible and turning away from my sins because that's all I know to do. All I want is to be forgiven. Is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit unforgivable in the sense that anyone who would commit such a sin would never repent of it or is it such a terrible sin that it's simply unforgivable?

It looks to me as if bobinfaith is on the scene! You are in good hands!

Confession is good for the soul and it sounds like you have done that.

The phone call definitely helped me. I'm back to worrying again but I can't let the worry consume me!

Why take the time to worry when you can pray? And when you pray then leave it with God.

Now please understand that I am not your judge. I do not rebuke people or challenge you.

I just try to inform and allow you to understand. Having said that, please sit down, and understand that
and worry is a sin. It is neither insignificant, nor inconsequential. And for the Christian, it is absolutely contrary to faith Christ.

Jesus categorically prohibited worry in a familiar portion of the Sermon on the Mount in Matt. 6:25-34.

Three times in that short passage He commanded, "Do not worry!", and the way He said it shows the comprehensiveness of His charge. In 6: 25 He acknowledges worry as a common practice and says, "Stop worrying;" in verses 31 and 34 He uses the same word, but in a way that means "Don't even start worrying." To continue worrying about anything, or to start worrying in the first place, is to violate the Lord's command.

Now when and if worry comes upon you again, I am going to post a picture of me when I was little. Please print this out and put in you wallet and when worry strikes you, pull out this picture and look at it. Any worries There>>>>>NO!

1624574841280.png

Closest to actually blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Normally I counsel a person (and I am not an ordained pastor) that if they are so convicted and in dread, that is a good sign that the Lord isn't finished with them yet. I just think this should be left in the hands of pastors (the list I wrote down).

I'm not a pastor myself, but I think someone has reached out to NickH .

Regardless, I will continue to pray for NickH 's situation and those in his life.

1 JOHN 1:9 THE UNFORGIVEABLE SIN is dyeing with out Christ. the mere fact that you show remorse is a positive Godly Sorrow brings repentance …9And now I rejoice, not because you were made sorrowful, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you felt the sorrow that God had intended, and so were not harmed in any way by us. 10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. 11Consider what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what zeal, what vindication! In every way you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.…

you can be forgiven ask for it from a true repentant heart no i am not one of the pastors listed but never the less i am a pastor. you dont need a pastor for this matter you need to seek God Isiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

you have not lost your soul read your Bible

1 JOHN 1:9 THE UNFORGIVEABLE SIN is dyeing with out Christ. the mere fact that you show remorse is a positive Godly Sorrow brings repentance …9And now I rejoice, not because you were made sorrowful, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you felt the sorrow that God had intended, and so were not harmed in any way by us. 10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. 11Consider what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what zeal, what vindication! In every way you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.…

you can be forgiven ask for it from a true repentant heart no i am not one of the pastors listed but never the less i am a pastor. you dont need a pastor for this matter you need to seek God Isiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

you have not lost your soul read your Bible
There's so many different interpretations on what the unforgivable sin is. Some people say it is speaking against the Holy Spirit which is what I did and I said it was from Satan out of anger and disbelief even though I knew it could be from the Holy Spirit. Some say that it is never accepting Jesus Christ and dying without Him. I'm so confused!

If anyone wants to ******** talk with me about this, ********* use private messaging. I'm really worked up about this and could use someone to talk to.

(STAFF EDIT regarding Forum Rule 6.2a)

There's so many different interpretations on what the unforgivable sin is. Some people say it is speaking against the Holy Spirit which is what I did and I said it was from Satan out of anger and disbelief even though I knew it could be from the Holy Spirit. Some say that it is never accepting Jesus Christ and dying without Him. I'm so confused!
i sent you priv message. but i wont be able to respond till this evening

I'm so filled with absolute fear and dread right now. I can't even sleep. I keep having night terrors and I feel like I can smell death. I said all of that out of anger and now I feel like I cost myself eternity. God, please have mercy on me!
i am doing a priv message with you only

I'm so filled with absolute fear and dread right now. I can't even sleep. I keep having night terrors and I feel like I can smell death. I said all of that out of anger and now I feel like I cost myself eternity. God, please have mercy on me!
how much assurance do you need ? i sent you 2 priv messages as per your request

There is really nothing to be confused about.

Forgiven61 gave you the correct answer. The only thing that you can not be forgiven of is the rejection of Jesus Christ as your Saviour!

You see.....it is the Holy Spirit that convicts all men of their sin and then it is HE who points man to Christ to be saved. IF and when a man rejects that calling and that conviction and refuses Christ. it is then that he has blasphemed the Holy Spirit through the insult of rejection.

From your own words you have shown that you are convicted of what yu said and did! You have openly confessed and shown the desire to change direction and go God's way.

Now.....throw your guilt into the deepest part of the ocean just as God did when you confessed and live your life!!!!!

Remember........It is not God who brings guilt back up to you!!!!

Last edited:
There is really nothing to be confused about.

Forgiven61 gave you the correct answer. The only thing that you can not be forgiven of is the rejection of Jesus Christ as your Saviour!

You see.....it is the Holy Spirit that convicts all men of their sin and then it is HE who points man to Christ to be saved. IF and when a man rejects that calling and that conviction and refuses Christ. it is then that he has blasphemed the Holy Spirit through the insult of rejection.

From your own words you have shown that you are convicted of what yu said and did! You have openly confessed and shown the desire to change direction and go God's way.

Now.....throw your guilt into the deepest part of the ocean just as God did when you confessed and live your life!!!!!

Remember........It is not God who brings guilt back up to you!!
Thank you for that! I didn't realize how serious what I said was until a few weeks later. I was even thinking about leaving the faith because I didn't want to believe and I was feeling very angry towards God. I just know that I eventually realized the seriousness of what I said and I came back. Like I said above, I want to fully and finally submit. I want to turn away from my sins and flee to Jesus Christ.

Thank you for that! I didn't realize how serious what I said was until a few weeks later. I was even thinking about leaving the faith because I didn't want to believe and I was feeling very angry towards God. I just know that I eventually realized the seriousness of what I said and I came back. Like I said above, I want to fully and finally submit. I want to turn away from my sins and flee to Jesus Christ.

I have assumed that you have said the sinners prayer of salvation. So just that we are all clear...........
have you at sometime said to God that........
"I am a sinner. I have thought about it, considered it in my heart and now I say with my mouth that Jesus is the Christ. I believe that He died to pay for MY sins and was burred and rose from the dead 3 days later".

Have you Nick done that??????

Last edited:
legalist love to use this scripture they want to use scare tactics . when we listen to man instead of God we fall into condemnation . it helps to know Bible

Back