im a stubborn sinner

Do I let God run the show?
Am i happy when I ignore him?
Do I show my appreciation enough?
No no and no.
maybe this forum will help
hi and nice to meet you

thanks snowflake.
im studying the book of numbers so might ask questions about that too. wanderings in the desert. coincidentally how i feel. lost.

I hate to hear you're feeling that way... I think we all have those empty feeling periods from time to time. Sometimes they can be pretty long and severe. But it's good that you are still keeping with studying the Bible. With all of the trials and problems in life, God's word is always there, and is truth. You can't go wrong there :)

If you have any questions while you're studying, there are quite a few people here that are very good at explaining things, and I'm sure they'd be willing to jump in and help out.

As for me personally, I suppose probably one of the scriptures that I always turned to is the one below. I also had to remind myself MANY times, to not allow myself to be anxious, fearful, doubtful, etc... and to just keep faith in God, pray, listen, and wait. And yes, the listening and waiting was the hardest part!

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. [Matthew 6:25-33 KJV]

Do I let God run the show?
Am i happy when I ignore him?
Do I show my appreciation enough?
No no and no.
maybe this forum will help
hi and nice to meet you
Justanothersinner,

Good day and welcome to the family. Like AtomicSnowflak said, there are many people here who know what they are talking about and I am sure each will be more than willing to help point you in the right direction. I say this, as I too am relatively new here and they have done it for me.

I too have asked myself the same questions. The good news is that, as I progress through my journey, I find that it is best to surrender to the will of our Lord; that true happiness comes from knowing that God has shown us mercy and loves us; and that we should give thanks daily.

Like I said, I too am learning and do not know enough to provide guidance. I will tell you this. God said “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” (Revelations 3:20 (NIV)). Do yourself a favor and open the door. God will not turn His back on you and, at some point, will knock hard enough to get your attention.

We all desire, and need, His love and the comfort of knowing that we need face nothing alone. We all take different paths but aiming for the same destination. I turned my back on God for over 40 years and was reborn only a few months ago. I am now where I want to be and my entire outlook on life has changed. I am here to tell you that God will change your life and can change everything. He has given me a second change to make up for so many things I once took for granted and I thank Him many times each day.

Anyway, welcome and have a fantastic day.

Rtm3039

thanks snowflake.
im studying the book of numbers so might ask questions about that too. wanderings in the desert. coincidentally how i feel. lost.
Welcome aboard. Any particular reason why you are studying Numbers? I did some graduate work on that book back in the mid-1980's. On Numbers 12, one of the most important chapters, or, at least, the one which spoke to me the most. Also interesting study of leprosy type diseases from that era were involved. Lot's there to research if you are doing that. Yes, we do sometimes feel like we are also wandering in the desert and we do have problems with those wandering with us like Moses did with his sister and brother. (Nu. 12) Sounds like you'll be right at home (or I should say, "on journey") with the rest of us here. :)

Welcome aboard. Any particular reason why you are studying Numbers? I did some graduate work on that book back in the mid-1980's. On Numbers 12, one of the most important chapters, or, at least, the one which spoke to me the most. Also interesting study of leprosy type diseases from that era were involved. Lot's there to research if you are doing that. Yes, we do sometimes feel like we are also wandering in the desert and we do have problems with those wandering with us like Moses did with his sister and brother. (Nu. 12) Sounds like you'll be right at home (or I should say, "on journey") with the rest of us here. :)
Im Catholic. (dont wish to cause a stir by saying that). Just that Im very much a beginner. Doing Jeff Cavins Bible Timeline video course at my local parish. Next few chapters are on Numbers. So far its more interesting than I expected. Especially round the chapters you mentioned.
Have done Genesis and Exodus which were very rewarding. But I will revisit those books of course. This forum sounds good too. Thanks.

As for me personally, I suppose probably one of the scriptures that I always turned to is the one below. I also had to remind myself MANY times, to not allow myself to be anxious, fearful, doubtful, etc... and to just keep faith in God, pray, listen, and wait. And yes, the listening and waiting was the hardest part!

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. [Matthew 6:25-33 KJV]
That is a classic isn't it. For some reason Im not very receptive at the moment. I think I need a big renewal. And my faith a huge kickstart!

Justanothersinner,

Good day and welcome to the family. Like AtomicSnowflak said, there are many people here who know what they are talking about and I am sure each will be more than willing to help point you in the right direction. I say this, as I too am relatively new here and they have done it for me.

I too have asked myself the same questions. The good news is that, as I progress through my journey, I find that it is best to surrender to the will of our Lord; that true happiness comes from knowing that God has shown us mercy and loves us; and that we should give thanks daily.

Like I said, I too am learning and do not know enough to provide guidance. I will tell you this. God said “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” (Revelations 3:20 (NIV)). Do yourself a favor and open the door. God will not turn His back on you and, at some point, will knock hard enough to get your attention.

We all desire, and need, His love and the comfort of knowing that we need face nothing alone. We all take different paths but aiming for the same destination. I turned my back on God for over 40 years and was reborn only a few months ago. I am now where I want to be and my entire outlook on life has changed. I am here to tell you that God will change your life and can change everything. He has given me a second change to make up for so many things I once took for granted and I thank Him many times each day.

Anyway, welcome and have a fantastic day.

Rtm3039
Thanks for your post. I hope and pray that my renewal will be as powerful and successful as yours.

Back