I'm Confused

It is clear you are not close to the Father. That is why you don't hear Him.

I want to defend MattJanes for just a moment...

I don't know if he is close are far from knowing God. I'm inclined to say he at the very least wants to understand God more, but wants to find better reason for it.

Sometimes it can be very hard to hear God. Impossible? No, not impossible at all. In fact, probably if one keeps his ears and eyes open, but for many people, it took quite a long time. For so many of the martyrs and people who devoted their lives to God and still suffered, I suspect they had trouble seeing and hearing God for awhile.

I don't know mattJanes and I don't know if he is or isn't close to God, but I suspect he wants to find some validation. Though if one only tries to find God on his own terms rather than trying to understand God at the same time, he may miss all the messages as well.

actually there at been many kings who were quite corrupt and did the job terribly. sometimes a peasant is much wiser than the king and could offer very helpful advice and be a better leader than the king.
I could be flippant and say "don't do the crime if you can't do the time", but that would be flippant, and a bit over the top.
What exactly God has in store in the long run for those who defy Him is really none of our affair. I, as a peasant, have no right to tell the King how to run His kingdom. I have only a ignorant and vague inkling of what is going on, whereas He knows what is going on in exhaustive detail.

If you want to know the "whys and hows" of reality, I would suggest to put aside the whining and complaining and get to work actually becoming a better and wiser person to become closer to God so that He may instruct you personally.
That's how the Saints do it and it's worked out wondrously well for them.
I could be flippant and say "don't do the crime if you can't do the time", but that would be flippant, and a bit over the top.
What exactly God has in store in the long run for those who defy Him is really none of our affair. I, as a peasant, have no right to tell the King how to run His kingdom. I have only a ignorant and vague inkling of what is going on, whereas He knows what is going on in exhaustive detail.

If you want to know the "whys and hows" of reality, I would suggest to put aside the whining and complaining and get to work actually becoming a better and wiser person to become closer to God so that He may instruct you personally.
That's how the Saints do it and it's worked out wondrously well for them.

if it's a crime for a human to do that and behave like that then God should not do that either.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” Epicurus

If we were talking about a human they'd probably be liable for arrest for depraved indifference manslaughter.

But we're talking God here.
I think it's the Gnostics who said that God created all things in our reality and the left everything to survive, or fail, while imbued with the mechanics he installed into each and every thing so that it's destiny could be decided according to free will.

You're asking a question that people of faith have asked probably since the beginning of such things. And every answer will be informed by circular logic. That's why in the end it's all called faith.

Of course, there is a difference between religion and faith in Jesus. Maybe look to the big picture in your model there.

If a father stands idle and watches their living human child drown and that father does not save the child, what does it say about the father and child?
The father should have taught the child how to swim. The father should have made every effort to save the child. But if the father stands there and does nothing but welcome the spirit of the dead child home after they inhale the water that fills their lungs and kills their human life, is that evil?
What is preferred? This world, where Satan is lord and prowls seeking souls to devour? Or paradise for eternity?

I've already told you about different beliefs for the afterlife but you refuse to listen. You'd prefer to think God is some hateful being that's sole purpose is to make our lives harder.
I already listened to you. Most of the Christians at this site believe that you are incorrect.

thank you. My greatest desire is to have wisdom and understanding and to hear from God. nobody here believe me apparently.
I want to defend MattJanes for just a moment...

I don't know if he is close are far from knowing God. I'm inclined to say he at the very least wants to understand God more, but wants to find better reason for it.

Sometimes it can be very hard to hear God. Impossible? No, not impossible at all. In fact, probably if one keeps his ears and eyes open, but for many people, it took quite a long time. For so many of the martyrs and people who devoted their lives to God and still suffered, I suspect they had trouble seeing and hearing God for awhile.

I don't know mattJanes and I don't know if he is or isn't close to God, but I suspect he wants to find some validation. Though if one only tries to find God on his own terms rather than trying to understand God at the same time, he may miss all the messages as well.

I already listened to you. Most of the Christians at this site believe that you are incorrect.
It's a good thing truth has nothing to do with popularity. You haven't even looked into it because it isn't the majority view. That's the equivalent of not listening in my book.

thank you. My greatest desire is to have wisdom and understanding and to hear from God. nobody here believe me apparently.

I think most of us have a knee-jerk reaction when even as much as a question of "Is God hateful" or something along those lines comes up. I'm guilty of it. And I don't think we react that way because we're trying to be unfair -- we're human yet we love God. If someone said something about your spouse or your mom, not intending to be insulting, but just bringing into question, something negative, our reaction to it is often a quick defense mixed with some emotion of anger.

We're all doing our best.

In regards to your confusion, it may really help in trying to understand not only WHO is God but even WHAT is God. Because if we misunderstand who and what God is, our the conclusions will be confusing. They only make sense when we really begin to understand Him.

Oh I believe you. But you are blocking God out by believing you could teach God something. You must humble your self, and yes you probably cringe at the thought, but there you are. Giving up what you think is right allows you to be filled with truth.

actually there at been many kings who were quite corrupt and did the job terribly. sometimes a peasant is much wiser than the king and could offer very helpful advice and be a better leader than the king.

You are not paying attention. The King I was referring to is God. He knows how to handle His own affairs better than any of us here (very much including you) could ever imagine.

"nobody here believe me apparently"

Your comments betray your supposed intent. If you REALLY had any intention of seeking God's will and wisdom you would not be making the empty accusations against Him that you have been making.

Reposting:You must trust that He knows what He is doing, first. It is a very difficult thing, indeed, to help a person to change from "God must make sense to me" to "I will do it God's way." Amen

it's just a fact. I prayed repeatedly for hours in agony and many tears to know what God's will is for me and he refused to say a thing.

also a father who just watches his children get raped tortured and murdered and head for hell and just sits back and refuses to help and fuses to say a thing Is a father that his children have every right and reason to be angry at.
You are not paying attention. The King I was referring to is God. He knows how to handle His own affairs better than any of us here (very much including you) could ever imagine.

"nobody here believe me apparently"

Your comments betray your supposed intent. If you REALLY had any intention of seeking God's will and wisdom you would not be making the empty accusations against Him that you have been making.

well you missed my point so I wonder if you're listening. if I've got a crowd of Christians who are saying hell is eternal punishment and point scripture verses that justify their beliefs, another group saying we are right cuz we have the Holy Spirit telling us that and the Bible says so, they cant both be right. one of them is wrong.

for all I know it could be you.
It's a good thing truth has nothing to do with popularity. You haven't even looked into it because it isn't the majority view. That's the equivalent of not listening in my book.

well you missed my point so I wonder if you're listening. if I've got a crowd of Christians who are saying hell is eternal punishment and point scripture verses that justify their beliefs, another group saying we are right cuz we have the Holy Spirit telling us that and the Bible says so, they cant both be right. one of them is wrong.

Help me understand your question. I'd like to try and address it (if I can anyway).

Yet you state that eternal conscious torment is a fact to justify your frustration with God. Did I miss anything?

it's just a fact. I prayed repeatedly for hours in agony and many tears to know what God's will is for me and he refused to say a thing.

also a father who just watches his children get raped tortured and murdered and head for hell and just sits back and refuses to help and fuses to say a thing Is a father that his children have every right and reason to be angry at.
God helps and answers, but you don't realize it. Who do you think put it on your heart, or mind, to log into this forum and ask a question? And now God is answering you through many of us. Can you see that? Be open to the answers and enlightenment will come. May God open your eyes. I did not come up with this. God poured it out through me. My carnal nature would just as soon tell you to take off. The Spirit directs me to help you. Please, please see this. Everyone here, for the most part, are here for you to help.

We want something. Whatever the thing is; money, girlfriend/boyfriend, good job, ...you name it. God answers often with "no" or "wait until you are ready", but the only answer we want is "yes" or "here is the direction to get what you want". We don't like "no" and we go for it anyway. We don't like "wait" and we go ahead anyway. We don't even like "here is the direction to get what you want" because it isn't how we want to do it. And when we get the "yes", we mess it up and are worse off and blame God. I wanted a nice Camaro when I was 19 years old. I got one, and wrecked it in one month. I was not ready. I wanted a certain girl and God gave her to me and I married her. I'm divorced from her cause I messed things up with my attitude. God knows what is best for us and we do it our own way and get ourselves in trouble. God has given us power in this life to affect things. We use this power improperly most of the time, and some abuse others with it. If God stepped in every time to stop this, we would no longer have this power or this life, and the purpose He created us for would be meaningless. If there was no bad, the good things would be ordinary and the thrill of life would turn into mousey blah.

Really great post Big Moose, like it! A Camaro, you Americans get all the good cars!

Help me understand your question. I'd like to try and address it (if I can anyway).
It has to do with suffering for eternity and agony and regret forever and ever and ever for the actions that took place within a pitifully short life. It's ridiculous! That isn't justice. Not at all.

Back