I'm Confused

It has to do with suffering for eternity and agony and regret forever and ever and ever for the actions that took place within a pitifully short life. It's ridiculous! That isn't justice. Not at all.

Could you rephrase the question? I'd like to understand it. I don't mean to be difficult, I just don't want to make the wrong assumption.

Last edited:
it's just a fact. I prayed repeatedly for hours in agony and many tears to know what God's will is for me and he refused to say a thing.

also a father who just watches his children get raped tortured and murdered and head for hell and just sits back and refuses to help and fuses to say a thing Is a father that his children have every right and reason to be angry at.

The scriptures show us that Jesus said that only those who are sick have need of a physician. Not those who are well. That he came to save the lost, because the righteous have no need of a savior.
Of course that is a paraphrase.
Now come along with me and consider this line of thought for a moment if you will. When Jesus told us that no one comes to the father but through him, who then were the righteous that he knew existed in the world prior to his arrival to save those who were lost?
If he knew the righteous were saved before he came to save the lost, how were the righteous saved prior to the arrival of that savior that identified them as one's not needing him?

Further, there is a school of thought that is known as Christian universalism. Meaning the words of Jesus Christ pertain to all people everywhere and in all times.
There is another school of thought that is an offshoot of that sort of speak known as, Universal Reconciliation.
Meaning that at the cross Jesus, the propitiation for our sins, took upon himself as scriptures describe the sins of the whole world. As the pure unblemished lamb sacrificed on that cross/altar so as to redeem fallen humanity from their Adamic curse of sin.
This is said to be supported by the scripture in Timothy. Jesus is the savior of all people, especially those who believe.
1 Timothy 4:10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Which hearkens us back to Jesus words when he said he came to save the fallen, because the righteous have no need of a savior. Therefore,after he died on the cross, the righteous he already knew abide upon the earth were joined by those whom Jesus came to save when he died on the cross and took the sins of the world there with him.

Make no mistake, that what I just shared is often considered heresy by those who are scriptural literalists. However, I offer this as a line of thought that does exist within the Christian community in the hope that it may give you some consolation as to there being scripture that supports a different view of things.

Also, remember that Jesus was a Jew. Born into a traditional Jewish family. As such he would have been brought up in the temple and on the Jewish Bible.
In the Jewish Bible there is no fire and brimstone bottomless pit where the lost suffer unto infinity.
Rather, there is Sheol. Which was not eternal, and was simply the void, that place where one is separated from God for a time.
Yeshua, (Hebrew for Joshua, because "Jesus" is Greek), would have been raised in and taught of Sheol. Not a place that the Hebrew scriptures does not describe.

And finally, (hugs) , perhaps the doubts and fears that inspire you to question what you've been taught thus far, those things that seem to smack up against what would seem reasonable in matters of an infinitely benevolent creator, is indeed the Holy Spirit speaking to you.
As is said in Revelation, He stands at the door and knocks...

Nothing is more tragic than someone who ignores that rapping. Because they believe the 'instructions' that describe the right and proper door, and the etiquette for receiving visitors, supersede that what seeks to hail their attention away from the printed manufacturers instructions.

Follow where the spirit leads you. Because you are created in the image and likeness of that one who seeks to get your attention in such ways as doubt and inquiry. If you didn't care to know you wouldn't ask the questions so as to come to the right answers God meant for you to have.

I hope this offering affords you some measure of peace. May God bring you comfort and bring light to your steps. :)

Yeah it says things like ask anything of the Father in My name and he will give it to u, those who believe in me will do the works I do and greater works than these. you will drink poison in it will have no effect on you.

oh yeah and the god wants a guy executed for working on the wrong day of the week. That's insane!
Do you read the Bible?

Last edited:
Thank you. I hope that is true!
The scriptures show us that Jesus said that only those who are sick have need of a physician. Not those who are well. That he came to save the lost, because the righteous have no need of a savior.
Of course that is a paraphrase.
Now come along with me and consider this line of thought for a moment if you will. When Jesus told us that no one comes to the father but through him, who then were the righteous that he knew existed in the world prior to his arrival to save those who were lost?
If he knew the righteous were saved before he came to save the lost, how were the righteous saved prior to the arrival of that savior that identified them as one's not needing him?

Further, there is a school of thought that is known as Christian universalism. Meaning the words of Jesus Christ pertain to all people everywhere and in all times.
There is another school of thought that is an offshoot of that sort of speak known as, Universal Reconciliation.
Meaning that at the cross Jesus, the propitiation for our sins, took upon himself as scriptures describe the sins of the whole world. As the pure unblemished lamb sacrificed on that cross/altar so as to redeem fallen humanity from their Adamic curse of sin.
This is said to be supported by the scripture in Timothy. Jesus is the savior of all people, especially those who believe.
1 Timothy 4:10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Which hearkens us back to Jesus words when he said he came to save the fallen, because the righteous have no need of a savior. Therefore,after he died on the cross, the righteous he already knew abide upon the earth were joined by those whom Jesus came to save when he died on the cross and took the sins of the world there with him.

Make no mistake, that what I just shared is often considered heresy by those who are scriptural literalists. However, I offer this as a line of thought that does exist within the Christian community in the hope that it may give you some consolation as to there being scripture that supports a different view of things.

Also, remember that Jesus was a Jew. Born into a traditional Jewish family. As such he would have been brought up in the temple and on the Jewish Bible.
In the Jewish Bible there is no fire and brimstone bottomless pit where the lost suffer unto infinity.
Rather, there is Sheol. Which was not eternal, and was simply the void, that place where one is separated from God for a time.
Yeshua, (Hebrew for Joshua, because "Jesus" is Greek), would have been raised in and taught of Sheol. Not a place that the Hebrew scriptures does not describe.

And finally, (hugs) , perhaps the doubts and fears that inspire you to question what you've been taught thus far, those things that seem to smack up against what would seem reasonable in matters of an infinitely benevolent creator, is indeed the Holy Spirit speaking to you.
As is said in Revelation, He stands at the door and knocks...

Nothing is more tragic than someone who ignores that rapping. Because they believe the 'instructions' that describe the right and proper door, and the etiquette for receiving visitors, supersede that what seeks to hail their attention away from the printed manufacturers instructions.

Follow where the spirit leads you. Because you are created in the image and likeness of that one who seeks to get your attention in such ways as doubt and inquiry. If you didn't care to know you wouldn't ask the questions so as to come to the right answers God meant for you to have.

I hope this offering affords you some measure of peace. May God bring you comfort and bring light to your steps. :)

Yeah it says things like ask anything of the Father in My name and he will give it to u, those who believe in me will do the works I do and greater works than these. you will drink poison in it will have no effect on you.

oh yeah and the god wants a guy executed for working on the wrong day of the week. That's insane!

The god? Be careful, friend.

God had a man executed for picking up sticks on sabbath. Anyhow, something good happened today in my life so thank you Jesus for that!

God had a man executed for picking up sticks on sabbath. Anyhow, something good happened today in my life so thank you Jesus for that!
I looked up Numbers 15 for the reason they stoned him. I didn't see any explanation given, could be he was explicitly told not to, and was basically thumbing his nose at God, in a way encouraging others to disobey. But that is pure speculation on my part. I don't see this as a good starting point to learn the nature of God. Pick something that has more information to expound on or at least more relevance to your need to hear from God.

That something good that happened in my life was the girl I thought the world of said we could retry our friendship if I stopped giving her over the top compliments and choose my words more carefully and use them less.

Well, I was so happy and thanking Jesus. THen I just got an email from her today that said,

"matt.
i honestly don't want to talk anymore.

there's something about you...i just don't trust. i tried. and it's just ...i don't want to talk to you anymore.

i'm sorry.

see ya"

I'm so confused right now. I only wanted to make this girl feel good about herself and be happy. I wish I could make her see that I wanted only the best for her. Her name is Deidre. SHe's 33 years old. I'm 27. Please say a short prayer for her ever day. Even if it's just "Lord, please bring Deidre back to you and give her the peace which passes understanding and let her feel your love". She left Christianity recently. Now she wont have nothing to do with me either. I know how Jesus feels. LOL

I'll miss her terribly. SHe wants nothing to do with me. Not even an email or a text. That's how creepy I am to her. An email relationship is too much! :(

It has to do with suffering for eternity and agony and regret forever and ever and ever for the actions that took place within a pitifully short life. It's ridiculous! That isn't justice. Not at all.

At least know / acknowledge all / more of the facts before you throw stones at God.

When has God ever tortured someone? God gave you your brain. God is a lot smarter then you. God loves people more then you. Have you died for someone? You assume God loves people less then you? You assume God is dumber then you?

Last edited:
God had a man executed for picking up sticks on Sabbath.

God of the universe who made everything is ...dumb? You really believe there is nothing 'more' to this? Naivety, deceitfulness and lies are synonymous with the devil. You are carrying on no better then him here with this half truth. Stop it please. We / I have more faith in you.

I looked up Numbers 15 for the reason they stoned him. I didn't see any explanation given, could be he was explicitly told not to, and was basically thumbing his nose at God, in a way encouraging others to disobey. But that is pure speculation on my part. I don't see this as a good starting point to learn the nature of God. Pick something that has more information to expound on or at least more relevance to your need to hear from God.
To understand this one needs an understanding of why the Jews specifically respect the Sabbath. It is not just their '''sunday'' for church services.

At least know / acknowledge all / more of the facts before you throw stones at God.

When has God ever tortured someone? God gave you your brain. God is a lot smarter then you. God loves people more then you. Have you died for someone? You assume God loves people less then you? You assume God is dumber then you?

Wow that really touched me, bc Imfeeling the way, matt does... I feel hurt and alone ,but what you said is beyond true. God loves people more than I ever could, he's more patient with people I don't like than I am..I don't even try with people I don't like. But, thank you for saying that BC that spoke to me.

A word of advice to OP, stop talking while you can..esp stuff you know nothing about.. I say this BC I see myself in you, I'm in deep BC of things I said..it can always be worse...I'm proof of that... and so is the grave..along with Hell.

We don't need to understand everything, if we did it'd drive us nuts. Just glad for your own salvation at the moment..BC its so hard for anyone to get saved..so the fact you are, rejoice. Focus on keeping yourself saved... BC after you believe it only gets harder.

Also, I struggle with not hearing God at times... and I know when I'm mad at Him it creates a wall ..so he can't really talk to me.

Get rid of the anger and bitterness and resentment ( I'm doing this with you)
And even if you don't know his will, you know what you should do... read and pray..do that.

Last edited:
You know what will soften your heart?
Think of the people who love you( I mean with all their heart,as much as any human could... not the people you want to love you. In my case friends, a bf etc.. but my mom, my dad, and my friend since first grade.)

The people who love you for real, are an extension of God's love to you..and just imagine..He loves you more than that...
Its overwhelming, if God allowed you to feel depth,length and total width of his love for you..you would not stop crying, poll would think you're depressed....

But our minds, our finite minds, cannot comprehend such a love..

A love that's beyond the love you have for yourself.

And I know I don't love myself..I'm just existing in this meat sack..but to have a love 1,000x greater than my own is mind blowing.

Back