I'm New Here and Need Guidance!

Hi everyone!

My name is Liz and I'm here to try and find God.
Let me start out by saying something that might possibly get me disliked here.. I am agnostic. PLEASE don't stop reading this just because I say that. I made this account so I can try and find God. Here is my back story:

I grew up in a relatively small town in the bible belt. My family are baptists. They all believe in God, but we only went to church maybe 3 times a year when I was young. So I didn't grow up in that church environment. My family is very close and loving. My mom is easily the best woman I have ever met. However, when I turned about 14 or 15, I lost my faith. I can't really say what it was that made me lose it, because I'm not quite sure of that. However, all I know is that I completely lost it all. I became an atheist and despised all things having to do with Christianity. However, I am now (almost) 21 years old and am trying to find God. I no longer hate anyone or anything having to do with Christianity. I let go of that hatred a couple of years ago and have matured quite a bit. I'm sure you're all familiar with the term agnostic, but if you're not, then it pretty much means that I have no idea what I believe in. However, I am trying to find God and accept Him into my life. I need help, though. My family doesn't even know that I ever did not believe in God. As far as they know, I have been a Christian my entire life. That is not the case. I have no one to help me on this journey and that is the reason for me creating this blog. So that maybe, one of you can help me with my journey to find Him. I seriously have been trying so hard and am now reaching out to you all- humble, scared, excited, and anxious.

I hope someone reads this. If you do, please get in touch with me somehow on here and tell me what I need to do next. Please, any help is much appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading and not judging me for who I am.

-Liz

Hello Liz and welcome!

It is very good news that you are searching because that means that God is drawing you to Himself. The bible teaches that no one can come to Jesus unless God the Father draws him/her...John chapter 6, verse 44.

If you truly and honestly want to know if God exists and if the bible is true then the best way to find out is to ask God. Ask (in your mind) with all sincerity and intent. Say something to the effect of..."if you are real God, if Jesus Christ is real then please show me, reveal the truth to me."
Then wait for it to happen.

Only God can reveal Himself to you so that you know He is real. All the proof and arguments in the world will not do this for you.
I am praying for you and believing that this will happen.

God bless you.

Welcome, Liz!

For a start, please take in this truth: You are greatly loved beyond your wildest dreams by God! If you desire to know Him, He will be known by you! He desires a relationship with you!

Matthew 7:7-8
7 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Jeremiah 29:11-14a
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 14 I will be found by you,” says the Lord.

Jesus is patient and is waiting for you to just open the door to your life to Him, and he will come in and be with you through your whole life and never leave! Just ask Him in! It will be the best decision you will have ever made in your entire life--with eternal benefits!

Revelation 3:20
20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.

Welcome :)

If you have not done so as of yet please read CFS forum rules and getting started threads here

http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/your-welcome-pack.104/
And here
http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/getting-started-learn-how-to-use-your-account.101/

Again, Welcome to CFS

The advice given already is sound advice. Simply ask God. You have a hole inside of you that only He can fill. Ask Him to do so, and He will in a way that will satisfy your doubts. Just ask Him. Be honest. He does love you and He wants you to know that.

Hi Liz. Welcome, and know that you are loved here, and that God loves you. He loves you so much that the Bible says "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

I have been there. When I was young, I had a hole in me that ached to be filled. I was never satisfied. I tried everything to fill that hole - to no avail. Then I finally came to understand that that longing we each have inside of us is for God. Accepting Jesus Christ into your heart is the only way to fill that hole - that longing. When I finally did that, I was so happy that I wanted to shout my joy from the top of the tallest building! See how simple it is - "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9) Tell him you love him, and ask him to forgive your sins.

I understand completely where you are at and how you feel. I will be praying for you, and if you you want to send me a private message, or talk here, I am happy to answer any questions that you have. I can tell you that I know that God is real, because I have felt his presence in a very real way. When you give yourself to Christ, you will feel it too. There is nothing more amazing! God bless you, Liz.

Welcome Liz! May the Lord richly bless you with an abundance of peace and joy! You have gotten some great answers to your questions. Please know that you are loved here and most importantly by Jesus and the Father. In fact the Father loved you so much that He chose to have His own Son be born just to be the perfect sacrifice for our sins. To be our covering. So that when He looks at us all He sees is the Blood of Jesus that Has covered us in His righteousness.
Blessings to you! Hope to see you getting involved in the discussions here!

A warm welcome to CFS,

Should you have any questions, please PM any staff member.

Hi everyone!

Let me start out by saying something that might possibly get me disliked here.. I am agnostic. PLEASE don't stop reading this just because I say that. I made this account so I can try and find God. Here is my back story:

I grew up in a relatively small town in the bible belt. My family are baptists. They all believe in God, but we only went to church maybe 3 times a year when I was young. So I didn't grow up in that church environment. My family is very close and loving. My mom is easily the best woman I have ever met. However, when I turned about 14 or 15, I lost my faith. I can't really say what it was that made me lose it, because I'm not quite sure of that. However, all I know is that I completely lost it all. I became an atheist and despised all things having to do with Christianity. However, I am now (almost) 21 years old and am trying to find God. I no longer hate anyone or anything having to do with Christianity. I let go of that hatred a couple of years ago and have matured quite a bit. I'm sure you're all familiar with the term agnostic, but if you're not, then it pretty much means that I have no idea what I believe in. However, I am trying to find God and accept Him into my life. I need help, though. My family doesn't even know that I ever did not believe in God. As far as they know, I have been a Christian my entire life. That is not the case. I have no one to help me on this journey and that is the reason for me creating this blog. So that maybe, one of you can help me with my journey to find Him. I seriously have been trying so hard and am now reaching out to you all- humble, scared, excited, and anxious.

I hope someone reads this. If you do, please get in touch with me somehow on here and tell me what I need to do next. Please, any help is much appreciated.

-Liz

It was a pleasure reading your post because you are being so honest. I am going to be equally honest with you.

God does not come to us on our terms. We come to Him on His terms. His terms are:

Psalm 51:17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.
Matt 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me''.
Rom 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

God examines our heart and mind Jer 17:10. God draws close to us if we draw close to Him James 4:8. God is knocking on the door to your heart right now Rev 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

All you have to do is be honest with God. Sincere repentance is the ''the'' step that leads to you finding God and receiving a revelation of / believing in Jesus 1 Cor 12:3, John 3:16 / being a Christian.

Praying for you!

Hi everyone!

-Liz

Hi Liz and Welcome,
I simply see you as my sister who is searching for truth and she has come to a grand place to find it.

John 3:16 NLT
For God so loved the world that He gave His opnly Son, so that Every One or Who So Ever would believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9 NLT
For if you Confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord AND Believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Liz I wrote these to scriptures out just to say that nothing you have done can disqualify or count you out of this. Getting right with God and knowing or being assured of your future and eternity is that easy.

After you do this and ask Himto forgive you of all your sins and wrong doings then you will be born of His spirit or Born again. Your sins are remembered no more by Him. From this point on it is as simple as getting to know HIm andlearning how to live upright in Christ which is easy and a blast. You do not even need to be worried about changing for He our Heavenly Father will begin a Good Work in you and when He is ready for you to change something, well you will be right there wanting it too.

Make your self at home and join in and ask questions and share from your heart. A true Brother or Sister in Christ will always have the time to share and fellowship with you.
God Bless You my Sister
Jim

Wow, let me just begin by giving a sincere 'thank you' to every single one of you who has replied to me thus far! I am so amazed by the friendliness and open arms held out for me here. You all have no clue how much that means to me! I was nervous about posting my first post because I wasn't really sure what to expect. I was nervous that I might get some hateful, judgmental replies. However, that is SO not the case here! I am doing my best to take the next step in my spirituality. I have been praying every single night (and sometimes numerous times throughout the day) and I have noticed that it really makes me feel better. I have been counting the blessings in my life and am realizing how much I have and that also makes me realize that I couldn't possibly of gotten so lucky without some sort of bigger force out there blessing me and those who are dear to my heart. I am going to stay on this site and update everyone with how my journey is going. You all have helped me so much already just with your kind and welcoming words. Again, thank you all so very much from the bottom of my heart!

-Liz

Liz,

I am happy to hear that you are praying and counting your blessings, it is a good thing to do, but I am concerned about one thing though. Who are you praying to? You mentioned a "bigger force out there"...who is this bigger force? Do you know, or are you still trying to find out?
Please do keep us updated...I am looking forward to it.

Liz,

I am happy to hear that you are praying and counting your blessings, it is a good thing to do, but I am concerned about one thing though. Who are you praying to? You mentioned a "bigger force out there"...who is this bigger force? Do you know, or are you still trying to find out?
Please do keep us updated...I am looking forward to it.

Hi, Mykuhl! Thank you for your comment. I honestly do not know as of the moment. I am trying to figure all of that out right now. That is the journey that I am on and one of the reasons I created an account on this site. I'm hoping to get some help in what I can do to find God. When I pray, I pray to God. Sometimes I say Jesus, other times I just say God.. I don't know, should I be doing that? Is that alright for me to do or should I just pray to one? Sorry if it seems like I am clueless.. I am trying though!

Liz

Hi, Mykuhl! Thank you for your comment. I honestly do not know as of the moment. I am trying to figure all of that out right now. That is the journey that I am on and one of the reasons I created an account on this site. I'm hoping to get some help in what I can do to find God. When I pray, I pray to God. Sometimes I say Jesus, other times I just say God.. I don't know, should I be doing that? Is that alright for me to do or should I just pray to one? Sorry if it seems like I am clueless.. I am trying though!

Liz

Liz,

I have to say...you make me smile[emoji2].

Yes, it is alright to say either God or Jesus, as they are both God.

May I ask what kind of things you are praying about? You don't need to be specific as I know it is likely personal.

I am here to help you in your quest as much I can. So, don't hesitate to ask anything.

Wow, let me just begin by giving a sincere 'thank you' to every single one of you who has replied to me thus far! I am so amazed by the friendliness and open arms held out for me here. You all have no clue how much that means to me! I was nervous about posting my first post because I wasn't really sure what to expect. I was nervous that I might get some hateful, judgmental replies. However, that is SO not the case here! I am doing my best to take the next step in my spirituality. I have been praying every single night (and sometimes numerous times throughout the day) and I have noticed that it really makes me feel better. I have been counting the blessings in my life and am realizing how much I have and that also makes me realize that I couldn't possibly of gotten so lucky without some sort of bigger force out there blessing me and those who are dear to my heart. I am going to stay on this site and update everyone with how my journey is going. You all have helped me so much already just with your kind and welcoming words. Again, thank you all so very much from the bottom of my heart!

-Liz
Your enthusiasm brings a smile to my face, Liz! I really look forward to great fellowship with you here, and hearing more about your journey. There are Christians of all levels here - new to "seasoned veterans" and it is a great place to seek advice, or just hang out and chit chat. God bless you!

Liz,

I have to say...you make me smile[emoji2].

Yes, it is alright to say either God or Jesus, as they are both God.

May I ask what kind of things you are praying about? You don't need to be specific as I know it is likely personal.

I am here to help you in your quest as much I can. So, don't hesitate to ask anything.

Thank you! I have really mostly been praying for Him to come into my life and to help me find Him. To help me be a better person, and for Him not to give up on me because I am really trying. I have a person close to me who lost a member of her family recently, and she is heartbroken. So I pray that He helps her through her difficult time and helps her entire family get through losing their precious family member. Mainly just things like that as of now.
Thank you for the help, I will be sure to ask you if I have any questions! :)

Thank you! I have really mostly been praying for Him to come into my life and to help me find Him. To help me be a better person, and for Him not to give up on me because I am really trying. I have a person close to me who lost a member of her family recently, and she is heartbroken. So I pray that He helps her through her difficult time and helps her entire family get through losing their precious family member. Mainly just things like that as of now.
Thank you for the help, I will be sure to ask you if I have any questions! :)
You're welcome!

Rest assured that He hears your prays and He will help you find Him. God is already in your life, it's just you aren't really aware of it yet, but you are beginning to become aware. I can see this by your words, and I am confident that before long you will know for yourself without a doubt.

Have you started reading the bible yet? If not, it is a great way to come to know God. It is one of the major ways that He reveals Himself, because He and His word are one.

I am praying for you.

Liz
Liz, First of all,Welcome to CFS! The Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost are One. With this in mind, your prayers are being heard and answered. " Praise The Lord ".

Liz,

I am new to the forum too and I still have to introduce but your post title gripped my heart I had to come read first. What a blessing to see the reponse of folks here. I see many care very much with a genuine love. And I am so thankful for the freedom here that you can share who you really are.

There are so many Bible verses and lessons that want to pour out of me at the moment but I will simply encourage you with the following, which is a wonderful promise of God:

"For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:8

I want to encourage you to seek God for who He is, Liz, not who you think he might be. Just like how we desire to be known for who we are. God is a real person and desires that you know Him for who He is. You said it honestly, you really don't know and that is the best place to be.

It is better to admit that you don't know rather than having preconceived ideas of who you think God is. As you get to know Him in His word, my dear friend, you in for an incredible discovery. So keep knocking, keep seeking He will open your understanding to behold great and mighty things,

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."Jeremiah 33:3

What a promise, Liz, to behold God, who you knew not. I am excited for you. You have a promise by which you can know this great God who is so majestic, yet so humble for it is He that is seeking you (see Luke 15:3-32) :)

Liz,

I am new to the forum too and I still have to introduce but your post title gripped my heart I had to come read first. What a blessing to see the reponse of folks here. I see many care very much with a genuine love. And I am so thankful for the freedom here that you can share who you really are.

There are so many Bible verses and lessons that want to pour out of me at the moment but I will simply encourage you with the following, which is a wonderful promise of God:

"For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:8

I want to encourage you to seek God for who He is, Liz, not who you think he might be. Just like how we desire to be known for who we are. God is a real person and desires that you know Him for who He is. You said it honestly, you really don't know and that is the best place to be.

It is better to admit that you don't know rather than having preconceived ideas of who you think God is. As you get to know Him in His word, my dear friend, you in for an incredible discovery. So keep knocking, keep seeking He will open your understanding to behold great and mighty things,

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."Jeremiah 33:3

What a promise, Liz, to behold God, who you knew not. I am excited for you. You have a promise by which you can know this great God who is so majestic, yet so humble for it is He that is seeking you (see Luke 15:3-32) :)
Great post! Words fitly spoken!

Back