Interpreting Dreams.

He hasn't revealed anything yet. I haven't been to church in so long. I need to go back. My pastor said I need disapline. But then I have second guess about my church. (That too I don't want to talk about).
I understand! Occasionally, I have to really drag myself out of bed to go to service. (Long story.) But once i am there, I am So Glad!!

I guess I was just thinking of the categories of dreams, that in general, we are all said to have had: like the well loved flying dreams, going back to school (after you graduated), falling, being chased, looking/searching for something/somebody that you never find. Not that it applies to lucid dreaming but sometimes we do become aware for brief moments in a dream, that it's not real. We rarely dream of our body parts or look in a mirror in dreams. Which reminds me, where did that cow kick you? Did it hurt? And did you see the body part where you were kicked? Just curious.

PD...if a dream is prophetic and the Lord wants you to understand it it is the Lord who will give the interpretation, though sometimes a person we are discussing the specifics with can give us insight...in most Biblical cases it is the Lord who gives the interpretation TO the prophet...if He has not given one the answer it is better not to say "Thus saith the Lord...". I see far too many false prophets as church leaders on TV...their always saying "The Lord told me..." and then these things never come to pass...ot how about those who the Lord tells to fleece the flock? (LOL)...

So if its from Him, He will not leave you in the dark...all other forms are speculation or occult...

The Lord bless...

Paul

I guess I was just thinking of the categories of dreams, that in general, we are all said to have had: like the well loved flying dreams, going back to school (after you graduated), falling, being chased, looking/searching for something/somebody that you never find. Not that it applies to lucid dreaming but sometimes we do become aware for brief moments in a dream, that it's not real. We rarely dream of our body parts or look in a mirror in dreams. Which reminds me, where did that cow kick you? Did it hurt? And did you see the body part where you were kicked? Just curious.
Um, I don't remember. It didn't hurt and it was around my tummy area, I think. Not certain.

PD...if a dream is prophetic and the Lord wants you to understand it it is the Lord who will give the interpretation, though sometimes a person we are discussing the specifics with can give us insight...in most Biblical cases it is the Lord who gives the interpretation TO the prophet...if He has not given one the answer it is better not to say "Thus saith the Lord...". I see far too many false prophets as church leaders on TV...their always saying "The Lord told me..." and then these things never come to pass...ot how about those who the Lord tells to fleece the flock? (LOL)...

So if its from Him, He will not leave you in the dark...all other forms are speculation or occult...

The Lord bless...

Paul
Thanks for your insight.
But I got to ask about
'So if its from Him, He will not leave you in the dark...all other forms are speculation or occult...'
Are you saying that if a dream isn't from the Lord, it's just a form of speculation or occult?

I would say that most of my dreams get left on the pillow - forgotten within minutes of waking. Or if I left the TV on (I do that alot) the program can worm it's way into the dream. If I have a vivid dream, I have found, talking to someone about it and their asking questions about it often causes me to remember more and sometimes make connections. And you have to keep in mind the circumstances/environment you were in at that time. Some could say that it is your unconscious "warning" or trying to get a point across to you. Some say all the people/animals/whatever in a dream are aspects of yourself.

I feel like I am pulling teeth here, so don't feel compelled to answer. What happened before the cow kicked you? Were you alone? Was there a bull anywhere? Did you do anything to cause the kick? Or did it come out of the blue, unfairly, surprising? What happened after the kick - did you say anything?
Slaps and kicks can be (obviously) a sign of anger, and aggressive physical confrontation. But like the Hollywood cliche, sometimes a slap is used to get attention, and to ground someone seeming to go out of control. Kicks - like I kick you under the table, again, to get attention, possibly to shut down someone's words. Apparently the dream was vivid enough for you to remember. I don't think I would classify this sort of dream as a prophecy from God (but who knows?) but you seem to connect it on the "just you" level. On the other hand, I don't think it came from a bad source (at least from what you have explained).

I feel like I am pulling teeth here, so don't feel compelled to answer. What happened before the cow kicked you? Were you alone? Was there a bull anywhere? Did you do anything to cause the kick? Or did it come out of the blue, unfairly, surprising? What happened after the kick - did you say anything?
Slaps and kicks can be (obviously) a sign of anger, and aggressive physical confrontation. But like the Hollywood cliche, sometimes a slap is used to get attention, and to ground someone seeming to go out of control. Kicks - like I kick you under the table, again, to get attention, possibly to shut down someone's words. Apparently the dream was vivid enough for you to remember. I don't think I would classify this sort of dream as a prophecy from God (but who knows?) but you seem to connect it on the "just you" level. On the other hand, I don't think it came from a bad source (at least from what you have explained).
I was outside my house. And the cow just kicked me. I didn't provoke it or anything. The dream ended there. So, I went to school and I did something to someone, then they freaked out and slapped me.

But I don't want interpretation for that dream you know, the purpose of the thread was how to interpret dreams, in general. Which you and everyone else has helped me understand more clearly.

He hasn't revealed anything yet. I haven't been to church in so long. I need to go back. My pastor said I need disapline. But then I have second guess about my church. (That too I don't want to talk about).

Hello Patricia, you certainly need to feel a peace in the assembly you are a part of so I pray the Lord gives you understanding. The only reason I ask about the Lord stirring up your gift, is because is when I read something like you wrote, all of the hallmarks of God seem to be present. I know you're situation was a little strange but quite often there are many ways God will grab our attention whether it be spiritual or a natural event. When I was a young Christian, God did similar things many times to show me and prove to me the gift of the prophetic he had given me, for example, when our Pastor would ask two individuals to come up each Sunday at random to help with the bread and the wine and for three weeks in a row, God told me each of their names about two minutes before they were asked. I could share with you many more but it seems to me like God is really stirring the prophetic which includes foretelling, visions, dreams and interpretation of dreams, in you at the moment.

The only way to learn is to do so if I were you, I'd remain open to God to allow him to speak to your heart on this subject. I hope you don't mind the advice....

Hello Patricia, you certainly need to feel a peace in the assembly you are a part of so I pray the Lord gives you understanding. The only reason I ask about the Lord stirring up your gift, is because is when I read something like you wrote, all of the hallmarks of God seem to be present. I know you're situation was a little strange but quite often there are many ways God will grab our attention whether it be spiritual or a natural event. When I was a young Christian, God did similar things many times to show me and prove to me the gift of the prophetic he had given me, for example, when our Pastor would ask two individuals to come up each Sunday at random to help with the bread and the wine and for three weeks in a row, God told me each of their names about two minutes before they were asked. I could share with you many more but it seems to me like God is really stirring the prophetic which includes foretelling, visions, dreams and interpretation of dreams, in you at the moment.

The only way to learn is to do so if I were you, I'd remain open to God to allow him to speak to your heart on this subject. I hope you don't mind the advice....
Thank you. I don't mind the advice. I'm not sure what the Lord wants, I really want to know. I truly love the Lord and I want to serve Him however I can.

Thanks for your insight.
But I got to ask about
'So if its from Him, He will not leave you in the dark...all other forms are speculation or occult...'
Are you saying that if a dream isn't from the Lord, it's just a form of speculation or occult?

NO! I am saying any form or system of interpretation is just speculation or occult....(Freudian, Jungian, Blavatskian, general New Age dream symbol books, etc.)

Thanks for your insight.
But I got to ask about

NO! I am saying any form or system of interpretation is just speculation or occult....(Freudian, Jungian, Blavatskian, general New Age dream symbol books, etc.)
LOL. Ok I see.

Hello all. I was wondering, how does one interpret dreams and visions? So, I guess I should share one of my dreams. I was outside my house, and I got attacked by a cow! And guess what? I got attacked by a person that morning! I don't want to talk about what happened after that...

But looking back, had I understood that dream, maybe I could have avoided it. So can anyone guide me or is there a topic on this already?

Thank you.

My advice is to forget it and move on in life. Haven't we talked about this before?????

When we go to sleep our brain is still working. Without our conscious to control our brains, we allow all kinds of things to take place but none of those things are prophetic in nature IMO.

God has spoken to us in His Word the Bible. He no longer speaks to us in visions or dreams. Pat, the devil loves to get us thinking that dreams effect our lives because of ONE thing.....It gets our eyes off of God's Word and onto ourselves. That is exactly why Adam and Eve fell. That is way Peter fell into the sea. As long as he was looking at Jesus he was fine. When he looked at himself, BOOM!

Back