Is God your AUTHORITY?

There are thousands of denominations and thousands of churches.
They all preach and teach that they are preaching and teaching by THE HOLY SCRIPTURES .
I believe that there are but a few that are even coming close to preaching and teaching THE HOLY SCRIPTURES .
Many want to add words and others want to remove words .
Many want to change the meaning of words and others believe that meanings of words need to be changed for today .
I BELIEVE that THE HOLY SPIRIT used the correct words in the correct passages for us to see what God wants us to do to receive His Grace .
We must be like the Bereans and be willing to search and RIGHTLY divide God's word by putting them in context with all other scriptures to see the WHOLE STORY .
A very simple lesson to see how all scriptures are related is to read Mathew, Mark , Luke and John to see how when they are combined that you find out that Peter cut of the right ear of Malcus who was a relative and servant of the High Priest and was also the last person to ask Peter if he was with Jesus before the cock crowed .
Each gospel only gives us a portion of the facts . When all of them are combined ,then you know the WHOLE STORY .
Just like you do when all of THE HOLY SCRIPTURES are put together.
An example in Romans 3:38 a man is justified by faith and Romans 5:1 being justified by faith ,many say that it is by faith ( only and not by works) .
1Thessalonians1:3 says that faith is a work .
2 Thessalonians 1:11 says faith is a work.
James by the Holy Spirit explains faith and works or works and faith better than I can .
The HOLY SCRUPTURES are meant to be taken as a whole .
Amen I agree. But how does this relate to what I have said, that you have quoted in your post?

Amen I agree. But how does this relate to what I have said, that you have quoted in your post?
I am not sure what you are asking . On 6/3 I posted that by definition Catholicism is a denomination.. I know that it is hard to remember all of the posts ,If this is not what you were referring to please ask in detail.

I am not sure what you are asking . On 6/3 I posted that by definition Catholicism is a denomination.. I know that it is hard to remember all of the posts ,If this is not what you were referring to please ask in detail.
It is, but how does my belief that Catholicism is its own religion have anything to do with taking the whole Bible into context?

It is, but how does my belief that Catholicism is its own religion have anything to do with taking the whole Bible into context?
You mean like Evangelical Christianity is it's own religion? Since it holds to beliefs that the vast majority of Christians disagree with.

You mean like Evangelical Christianity is it's own religion? Since it holds to beliefs that the vast majority of Christians disagree with.
Well, I personally believe that there is one group of Christians being saved, and that most are there because they strayed from Biblical principles at some point or another. But I don't believe that the group going to heaven is part of any particular denomination, as a whole.

Well, I personally believe that there is one group of Christians being saved, and that most are there because they strayed from Biblical principles at some point or another. But I don't believe that the group going to heaven is part of any particular denomination, as a whole.
Individuals are saved or not saved, God does not deal with "groups", He deals with individuals.
"Not a sparrow falls etc."

Then why talk about groups, such as evangelical Christians?
You proposed the notion, not I. My response was intended to point out that the notion of lumping people you don't agree with into arbitrary groups is invalid, and can be applied to anyone.

You proposed the notion, not I. My response was intended to point out that the notion of lumping people you don't agree with into arbitrary groups is invalid, and can be applied to anyone.
Well, all I am saying is that they have a lot of unbiblical practices. No matter who they are, adding or taking away from the Word of God is a rebellion against Him.

Denomination means people lumped together who believe the same .
If they believe wrong ,they will all parish.
A christian will not be in a group that is believing wrong . They will associate with them to point out their wrong beliefs but will not be a part of the group. They would not even actively be involved in the worship .They would gather with other Christians ( you can only be a christian if you obey God's word )
Many people call themselves christian because they go to a church building , they are not Christians if they do not obey God's word .
If Evangelical ( Christians ) or any other group is not obeying God's word then they actually are not Christians .

Reactions: Juk
Denomination means people lumped together who believe the same .
If they believe wrong ,they will all parish.
A christian will not be in a group that is believing wrong . They will associate with them to point out their wrong beliefs but will not be a part of the group. They would not even actively be involved in the worship .They would gather with other Christians ( you can only be a christian if you obey God's word )
Many people call themselves christian because they go to a church building , they are not Christians if they do not obey God's word .
If Evangelical ( Christians ) or any other group is not obeying God's word then they actually are not Christians .
Sorry, but I found, "If they believe wrong ,they will all parish.", very funny. (perish vs. parish) I know it was a typo, is there anything like a Freudian typo?:D

Well, all I am saying is that they have a lot of unbiblical practices. No matter who they are, adding or taking away from the Word of God is a rebellion against Him.
The Roman catholic Church has NO un-Biblical practices. We do have extra-Biblical practices.
We hold that doctrine is based on scripture and the teachings of the saints (you know, those people who ACTUALLY HAVE TALKED TO GOD).
We do not accept sola-scriptura as being valid, neither did the Disciples or the Prophets.

The Roman catholic Church has NO un-Biblical practices. We do have extra-Biblical practices.
We hold that doctrine is based on scripture and the teachings of the saints (you know, those people who ACTUALLY HAVE TALKED TO GOD).
We do not accept sola-scriptura as being valid, neither did the Disciples or the Prophets.
So how do unbiblical and extrabiblical differ?

Sorry, but I found, "If they believe wrong ,they will all parish.", very funny. (perish vs. parish) I know it was a typo, is there anything like a Freudian typo?:D
I am sure that all you will have do to get a good laugh is to read my posts again. I am smart enough not to enter a spelling bee and if Freud is around when I post you will know because I also am acquainted with Murphy. If you get my drift.

I am not familiar with the Catholic teachings. What do you mean when you say doctrine? Who are the people that you are considering / calling saints ? Are you saying the people spoken of in the scriptures ?
They are the only people that ACTUALLY HAVE TALKED TO GOD .
God does not talk to people today .

Reactions: Juk
I am not familiar with the Catholic teachings. What do you mean when you say doctrine? Who are the people that you are considering / calling saints ? Are you saying the people spoken of in the scriptures ?
Look up "Catholicism exposed", and you will get an idea of some of their unbiblical practices. But you can always just look up "Catholic beliefs" and find out what they generally believe.

Please forgive me for my wrong post.
All Christians talk to God daily maybe many times per day . My interpretation of your post was ,people who conversed with God and that is not what you posted .
You posted people who actually talked to God .

Look up "Catholicism exposed", and you will get an idea of some of their unbiblical practices. But you can always just look up "Catholic beliefs" and find out what they generally believe.
I am very much aware of Roman Catholic beliefs, I am a practicing Roman Catholic. I was not born into it, but came to it by searching out what was true or false in the extant belief systems.
I have studied (practically) all the existing belief systems and have accepted what is TRUE, not what I "liked", or what was popular, or what was promoted by the masses, but what is empirically true.
Many criticize the Church for what they "think" the Church promotes, not what the actual doctrine is.

I am very much aware of Roman Catholic beliefs, I am a practicing Roman Catholic. I was not born into it, but came to it by searching out what was true or false in the extant belief systems.
I have studied (practically) all the existing belief systems and have accepted what is TRUE, not what I "liked", or what was popular, or what was promoted by the masses, but what is empirically true.
Many criticize the Church for what they "think" the Church promotes, not what the actual doctrine is.
So what do you see as the actual doctrine?

You are so very wrong, and the sad thing there may be nothing that could possibly change your mind.
Saints are those who ACTUALLY do God's will, you may have never met one.
They do extraordinary things, all in the service of Christ.
There are hundreds of saints alive today, but they do not have TV shows, they do not advertise.
If you have the desire to find the truth, you will find it, but you may need to actually get out of your armchair.
And don't despise the truth because it does not agree with your preconceived notions.

Back