Is God your AUTHORITY?

Holy Spirit makes no mistakes. People do. Two points about that.

1. The word doesn't say that these people are not salved people. Falling away from faith could mean they are prodigals, for which God does not cast away.

2. As I said, there a re all sorts of people who claim faith among us but have not had saving faith. These are those who easily depart.

People can have the appearance of faith, but have nothing. They are dead, spiritually.
You are right the Holy Spirit never has and never will make a mistake .
The Holy Spirit said through Paul that some will depart from the faith .He did not say they did not have saveing faith or they must not have had real faith or they never truly had faith or may have been raised in a church but did not really have faith ,He said they will depart from THE FAITH .
Why would anyone try to change what the Holy Spirit says. When He says THE FAITH I have faith that He means THE FAITH and not something else .
If He had said from ( A ) faith I could see someone asking which faith or what kind of faith .

You are correct about me not being the only person who believes that baptism is required for salvation.
I was posting that statement to this forum.
I see that you will not except the Truth of God's word .
All I can do is point out the errors .
We will all know on judgement day , can we at least agree on that statement?

Answer this .
Why are there many people who " claim " that they are lead or know or understand what the Holy Spirit tells them ,and they all have a different understanding.

The answer to your question my brother is PRIDE. We as people tend to dislike having to learn something different than we already know. You are comfortable with believing that baptism is an essential to salvation and it does not matter what Scripture are shown to you that say the opposite.

Now your question can also be asked of you. Why do YOU claim to be lead or know or understand the truth of Holy Spirit and why is it different than the rest of us?

The truth is that YES, you and I will know the truth on the day of the Bema Seat.

That is a contradiction of terms . That is what James is pointing out ,that even the devils ( believe, have faith ,know , understand ) that Jesus is the son of God , but they will not do the works required ,like many who will find out on judgement day. Not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter Heaven ,only those who have done His WILL.

You have posted many times that when you are saved that you will always be saved . That once you are made righteous, you can't be made unrighteous.
Are you saying that those spoken of in 1 Timothy 4:1 were never righteous.
How do you leave the faith if you never had the faith.
You say if you have the faith then you are righteous.

1 John 2:19...........
"They went out from us but they were not of us; for if they had been of us they would no doubt have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us".

Those people John is talking about were baptized, took communion, sang and prayed but eventually their true colors gave them away. THEY withdrew from the body of believers because THEY WERE NEVER A PART OF THE BODY TO BEGIN WITH.

It is never what we SAY we are brother, but is in fact what we DO that makes our confession a reality.

1 John 2:19...........
"They went out from us but they were not of us; for if they had been of us they would no doubt have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us".

Those people John is talking about were baptized, took communion, sang and prayed but eventually their true colors gave them away. THEY withdrew from the body of believers because THEY WERE NEVER A PART OF THE BODY TO BEGIN WITH.

It is never what we SAY we are brother, but is in fact what we DO that makes our confession a reality.
You believe that when the Holy Spirit said that they ( departed from THE FAITH ) that He meant to say they never were of the faith or should have said something else,but should not have said DEPARTED FROM THE FAITH.
I do not believe that He made a mistake in the words He used .I believe that He said what He meant to say .

The answer to your question my brother is PRIDE. We as people tend to dislike having to learn something different than we already know. You are comfortable with believing that baptism is an essential to salvation and it does not matter what Scripture are shown to you that say the opposite.

Now your question can also be asked of you. Why do YOU claim to be lead or know or understand the truth of Holy Spirit and why is it different than the rest of us?

The truth is that YES, you and I will know the truth on the day of the Bema Seat.
I must agree with you .We are human and do not like it when someone shows us the truth and our pride stands in the way .
If you do not believe the Holy Spirit meant to say be baptized for the remission of your sins or be baptized to wash away your sins then you will not believe in baptism . I believe that every word that the Holy Spirit had written was for the reason that He said it was for. If you believe that it was meant to say or mean something else ,God allows you to believe anything you want to . All I can do is point out what the Holy Spirit has said.

I must agree with you .We are human and do not like it when someone shows us the truth and our pride stands in the way .
If you do not believe the Holy Spirit meant to say be baptized for the remission of your sins or be baptized to wash away your sins then you will not believe in baptism . I believe that every word that the Holy Spirit had written was for the reason that He said it was for. If you believe that it was meant to say or mean something else ,God allows you to believe anything you want to . All I can do is point out what the Holy Spirit has said.

Stand alone verses are not enough to create a doctrine out of. The doctrine surrounding water baptism is based on the volume of the book--all mentions of water baptism. If you create your own personal view of baptism based on a stand alone verse, then you run contrary to the whole of the word about baptism.

Most " Christians " gather /meet /congregate on Sunday .
If ( you ) are one of those that gather / meet /congregate on Sunday ( I know many meet / gather / congregate on other days , but please allow this to be a discussion about Sunday .)
When you are asked why you come together on Sunday ,what is your reply.

Stand alone verses are not enough to create a doctrine out of. The doctrine surrounding water baptism is based on the volume of the book--all mentions of water baptism. If you create your own personal view of baptism based on a stand alone verse, then you run contrary to the whole of the word about baptism.
Why was baptism mentioned to the Eunich as Phillip was teaching him what he needed to do to be saved. Did Phillip say you don't have to be baptized but you should show me that you are serious .
Why is baptism mentioned anywhere if it is not necessary for anything .
Acts 2:38 and Acts 22:16 is giving the answer to that question .

You are right the Holy Spirit never has and never will make a mistake .
The Holy Spirit said through Paul that some will depart from the faith .He did not say they did not have saveing faith or they must not have had real faith or they never truly had faith or may have been raised in a church but did not really have faith ,He said they will depart from THE FAITH .
Why would anyone try to change what the Holy Spirit says. When He says THE FAITH I have faith that He means THE FAITH and not something else .
If He had said from ( A ) faith I could see someone asking which faith or what kind of faith .

If these people were truly among the faithful, believing in Jesus Christ for salvation, then they wouldn't be departing the faith. The scriptures that tell us that sin is not imputed to the righteous would be a lie if we take your understanding to heart.

If these people were truly among the faithful, believing in Jesus Christ for salvation, then they wouldn't be departing the faith. The scriptures that tell us that sin is not imputed to the righteous would be a lie if we take your understanding to heart.
If you believe that once you have excepted God ,that you can do nothing to cause God to reject you then no matter which scripture you read will never change your mind .

If you believe that once you have excepted God ,that you can do nothing to cause God to reject you then no matter which scripture you read will never change your mind .

Right, I can do nothing that will cause my Father to reject me. Yes, nothing in scripture can change that fact, because that is what scripture teaches.

I like what this article has to say about God's great grace:
http://www.pristinegrace.org/media.php?id=297

Right, I can do nothing that will cause my Father to reject me. Yes, nothing in scripture can change that fact, because that is what scripture teaches.

I like what this article has to say about God's great grace:
http://www.pristinegrace.org/media.php?id=297
I like to show how God's words come to reality by having those who can't see that every scripture is tied to every scripture .
Just read Matthew's account of Jesus's arrest and trial . Just read Mark's account of Jesus's arrest and trial . Just read Luke's account of Jesus's arrest and trial . Just read John's account of Jesus's arrest and trial .
When you only read one if the accounts you only understand a portion of the whole story but you BELIEVE that you have all of the story .
I know that you have been taught that you can not fall from God's Grace but that is not the Truth .

I like to show how God's words come to reality by having those who can't see that every scripture is tied to every scripture .
Just read Matthew's account of Jesus's arrest and trial . Just read Mark's account of Jesus's arrest and trial . Just read Luke's account of Jesus's arrest and trial . Just read John's account of Jesus's arrest and trial .
When you only read one if the accounts you only understand a portion of the whole story but you BELIEVE that you have all of the story .
I know that you have been taught that you can not fall from God's Grace but that is not the Truth .

Having read and become familiar with the word of God, I have the story. The truth is that we cannot lose our salvation. We couldn't gain righteousness by our GOOD behaviour, and so the converse is true: we cannot lose salvation by BAD behaviour. Our salvation is all about Jesus' works, and what He has done for us. It's all about what God does.

Having read and become familiar with the word of God, I have the story. The truth is that we cannot lose our salvation. We couldn't gain righteousness by our GOOD behaviour, and so the converse is true: we cannot lose salvation by BAD behaviour. Our salvation is all about Jesus' works, and what He has done for us. It's all about what God does.
Please reread your last post . Do you really BELIEVE that you can not lose God's grace by bad behaviour.?
It is all about what God does ?
If you are good or bad ,it is what God does?

You believe that when the Holy Spirit said that they ( departed from THE FAITH ) that He meant to say they never were of the faith or should have said something else,but should not have said DEPARTED FROM THE FAITH.
I do not believe that He made a mistake in the words He used .I believe that He said what He meant to say .

As do I.

The fact is that John DID NOT say that they Departed FROM the faith now did he???????
It actually says............."THEY WERE NOT US OF".

That indicates that they did not lose their faith but instead never had it to lose.

As do I.

The fact is that John DID NOT say that they Departed FROM the faith now did he???????
It actually says............."THEY WERE NOT US OF".

That indicates that they did not lose their faith but instead never had it to lose.
You are on the wrong text .

Please reread your last post . Do you really BELIEVE that you can not lose God's grace by bad behaviour.?
It is all about what God does ?
If you are good or bad ,it is what God does?

How can we lose something that we never were involved in getting in the first place my brother.

Salvation according tot he Scriptures is a GIFT and that means we receive it but in no way do we do anything to get it, hence the fact that we can not lose something we never had part in obtaining.

How can we lose something that we never were involved in getting in the first place my brother.

Salvation according tot he Scriptures is a GIFT and that means we receive it but in no way do we do anything to get it, hence the fact that we can not lose something we never had part in obtaining.
Again ,you are on the wrong text.

You are on the wrong text .

I do not think so. 1 John 2:19............
"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

That is what I was referring to.

Back