Is God your AUTHORITY?

Good question. From what I understand, there are some believers who don't view it as something we're asked to submit to. In the example of the Salvation Army, they stopped baptising because culturally, it had stopped being something people "submitted to" and had instead become something people did to assert their status/superiority. I'm not sure that the Salvo's response to that situation was the best response, or even a successful response, but it does pose interesting questions about the relationship between our actions that we can label as submission/obedience, and the attitude of our hearts when we carry out those actions. It's worth talking about, anyway.
It is funny that any use baptism as a rule / return to the law when its purpose is the complete opposite :giggle:.

For all of those that are reading this thread .Please pay very close attention to the progressive differences that the posters try , to make the truth invalid.
Acts 2:38 baptism for the remission of sins.
Acts 22:38 bapism to wash away sins.
Very simple and true statements by the Holy Spirit.
Amen. Baptism in Jesus.

Take Jesus out of the equation and we have free swimming lesson. Take the water out of the equation and we lose nothing. We can be glad that John chose water. Can you imagine if he chose sticky toffee?

Acts 2:38 baptized for the remission of your sins .
Acts 22:16 baptized to wash away your sins.
The words that the Holy Spirit chose to tell us the reason for baptism.
Many people want us to believe that the Holy Spirit made a mistake ,when He used these words.

MO....The gospels announced that the King of Israel, the Messiah, had arrived. For centuries the Jewish prophets had proclaimedthat a Messiah-King would come toestablish an earthly kingdom in whichHewould rule.
This is a post of Major .
It is not true that the prophets prodicted that Jesus would set up a kingdom on earth .John 18 :36 Jesus said ,My kingdom is not of this world ,if My kingdom were of this world ,then would My servants fight ,that I should not be delivered to the jews,but now is My kingdom not from hence.

My heart goes out to you "truth". It seems to me that You are trying your best to be seen as someone who has Biblical knowledge but I have to tell you my brother once again that YOU need to do a lot more homework.

Every single prophet in the Old Test. spoke to and referred to and prophesied about the coming Kingdom of God. The prophets consistently spoke of God as the one who will sovereignly usher in His end time kingdom, they also speak of this as being accomplished through a kingly messiah figure. This messiah is described in many ways in the prophets words however when He came Israel KILLED Him!!!

Jer 23:3-4........
"Then I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and I will bring them back to their fold, and they shall be fruitful and multiply. I will set shepherds over them who will care for them, and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall any be missing, declares the Lord."

Dan 2:44............
"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever".

Jesus will not rule an earthly kingdom
Jesus' kingdom is not of the earth.
John 18:36

Again, allow me to show you what the lack of proper Bible study does. When one does not do the work and dig into the Word of God.....error always comes.

YOU have used John 18:36 to support your understanding .

Notice the words are.........."My kingdom is not of this world". The preposition is the Greek ...."ek" which means ...."OUT OF".
So the correct wording is this........."My kingdom IS NOT OUT OF THIS WORLD".

Jesus did NOT SAY that HIs kingdom is not going to be on this earth someday just as has been said it would be by the Prophets.

Isaiah 11:9......
"The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea".

Jesus said that HIs kingdom IS NOT going to be of this world system but instead one of God's doing. His kingdom will not be one of politics and power structures and other worldly measures. Jesus will not be elected or appointed by men. He will come in great glory and take back what has always been His from the beginning.

Acts 2:38 baptized for the remission of your sins .
Acts 22:16 baptized to wash away your sins.
The words that the Holy Spirit chose to tell us the reason for baptism.
Many people want us to believe that the Holy Spirit made a mistake ,when He used these words.

Please post the true verses in context. You cheat people by posting your versions and not the full verse of Acts 22:16, which declares that the washing away of our sins is in calling upon the name of the Lord as spoken elsewhere in the word!

Your manipulations of scripture are well noted, here, and you will be countered every time you do it.

We are all responsible to find the Truth from God's word .
We all need help from time to time ,but it is OUR responsibility to find the Truth .
Be very careful and make sure that the scriptures you have been shown are in the proper concext.
Be very sure that you rightly divid the scriptures.
Do not use the advise of those who add words to the text .
Some words that they like to add are ( believers baptism ,representative baptism ,beleivers prayer ,faith only , sinners prayer, ect .,etc. )
If they add words to the text to prove their beleifs ,do not take their advise.
You are responsible for you ,their not .

Acts 2:38 baptism for the remission of sins
Acts 22:16 baptized to wash away sins
Both are in the correct context ,with no words add .

Please post the true verses in context. You cheat people by posting your versions and not the full verse of Acts 22:16, which declares that the washing away of our sins is in calling upon the name of the Lord as spoken elsewhere in the word!

Your manipulations of scripture are well noted, here, and you will be countered every time you do it.
I have shown that any manipulation of scriptures ,are those that need to add words to their text .
Like ( BELEIVERS baptism ,REPRESENTATIVE baptism, etc ,etc )
People can see the truth .
It will not make any difference how many times you ,SO CALL COUNTER .
I will continue to post the truth.
Acts 22:16 baptized to wash away sins .
No added words and in the proper context.
Very simple .

We are all responsible to find the Truth from God's word .

We all need help from time to time ,but it is OUR responsibility to find the Truth .

Be very careful and make sure that the scriptures you have been shown are in the proper concext.

Be very sure that you rightly divid the scriptures.

Do not use the advise of those who add words to the text .

Some words that they like to add are ( believers baptism ,representative baptism ,beleivers prayer ,faith only , sinners prayer, ect .,etc. )

Disregarding plain speaking to help teach the truth is unwise...and seems to be a ploy to continue to hold to one's own erroneous pet doctrine, and continue to be divisive to the Body of Christ.

If they add words to the text to prove their beleifs ,do not take their advise.
You are responsible for you ,their not .

And you are responsible to God for dissidence.

2 Timothy 2:23
Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights.

Acts 2:38 baptism for the remission of sins
Acts 22:16 baptized to wash away sins
Both are in the correct context ,with no words add .

So, why do you OMIT the full verses in their context?

Next!

I have shown that any manipulation of scriptures ,are those that need to add words to their text .

The only member here who manipulates scripture is yourself. You've shown NOTHING.

Like ( BELEIVERS baptism ,REPRESENTATIVE baptism, etc ,etc )
People can see the truth .

Obviously not. You've missed it by a country mile.

It will not make any difference how many times you ,SO CALL COUNTER .
I will continue to post the truth.
Acts 22:16 baptized to wash away sins .
No added words and in the proper context.
Very simple .

Once again, why do you OMIT the full verses so as to cloud the truth?

Are you not familiar with the rest of God's word?

To those of you reading these posts ,can clearly see how God's word is being manipulated.
Please study for yourselves to see the truth .
I can only point out what those will who add to the Scriptures ,will try to prove their beliefs by adding words .
You are responsible for yourself ,to do what God requires of you.

I have been shown that ,I have been WRONG by not pointing out to everyone that you should ALWAYS read the scriptures in their totality.
I am sorry that I only post a portion of a verse .
In my defense, I do expect everyone to STUDY and read the context for themselves.
For those that follow this post ,will know that I constantly post that ,you and only you must study study to find the truth .

Baptism ,for the remission of sins ACTS 2:38
Baptized ,to wash away sins ACTS 22:16
Very clear ,in conext ,no words added
Only the words that the Holy Spirit used.

It appears to me that as you admit that baptism does not save, yet you persist in posting fragments of two verses only out of MANY verses that teach the truth about water baptism, refusing to post the full verses and their context, my conclusion about all this is that you are here to bring confusion, setting yourself up as one who has some sort of secret understanding. It's not true, nor is it the right way to present yourself.

Baptism is not a promotion as some would ask us to believe .
Baptism is a very important part of the things God has set forth to become a child of God .
Baptism will NEVER save anyone , it is one of the things God requires ,just like being faithful to the end .
When we obey God's directions to become and stay His children , God is faithful to do as He said ,and by His grace will allow us to be with Him in Heaven for ETERNITY .
Always read and Study for yourself , NEVER take anyone's word for what the scriptures say .
Always keep every text in context ,and rightly / correctly dividing God's word.
Acts2:38 baptized for the remission of sins .Acts 22:16 baptism to wash away sins .
Very simple verses ,in context, no words added .
Read those chapters in their entirety ,and all other scriptures in their entirety ,keeping them in the proper context .
You are responsible to God for you ,no one else can do your part .

Of that you can be sure!

Baptism is not a promotion as some would ask us to believe .
Baptism is a very important part of the things God has set forth to become a child of God .
Baptism will NEVER save anyone , it is one of the things God requires ,just like being faithful to the end .
When we obey God's directions to become and stay His children , God is faithful to do as He said ,and by His grace will allow us to be with Him in Heaven for ETERNITY .
Always read and Study for yourself , NEVER take anyone's word for what the scriptures say .
Always keep every text in context ,and rightly / correctly dividing God's word.
Acts2:38 baptized for the remission of sins .Acts 22:16 baptism to wash away sins .
Very simple verses ,in context, no words added .
Read those chapters in their entirety ,and all other scriptures in their entirety ,keeping them in the proper context .
You are responsible to God for you ,no one else can do your part .

What about Christians who have not gotten around to being baptized and die? Are they marked for judgment in your opinion?

You tell everyone not to take people's word for truth, yet you expect us all to heed your words, and the two PARTIAL verses you incessantly repeat. Do you know any other scripture?

Romans 10:9-10
"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Acts 22:16
"And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’

It cannot be intended that the external rite of baptism was sufficient to make the soul pure, but that it was an ordinance divinely appointed as expressive of the washing away of sins, or of purifying the heart just as was circumcision. IF water baptism is necessary then it replaces the washing of the spirit in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:38
"Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

REPENT must be the 1st step in salvation, THEN just as Luke writes we get baptized.

Back