Is God your AUTHORITY?

I believe that God requires us be baptized to have our sins washed away .

Revelation 1:5
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.

To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Thank you Major for helping me get to a very important subject.
The first thing that we must do ,is to beleive in God and beleive that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God .
( I may have been wrong to think that the readers of this forum ,were believers, and I am very sorry for thinking that everyone on this forum believed in God and Jesus )
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing,and hearing the word of God .
We must repent of our sins and be baptized for the remission of our sins .
Acts 2:38
Again thank you Major for giving me this opportunity to add these extremely important actions required by God .
While we have this opportunity to look at important aspects of God's will.
Many do not rightly divid the scriptures.
Matthew, Mark , Luke and John are to show Jesus Christ as the Messiah , let us see how Christ taught His Apostles, and to show the GREAT LOVE and GREAT SACRIFICE that God the Father and Jesus God the Son has for us ,allowing Jesus to be crucified ,shed His precious blood ,die ,be buried and rise the third day to sit a God's right hand .( if it was not for Jesus' blood we would have no way to have our sins forgiven )
Acts -
The book of acts ,pointing out what we are required by God ,to become children of God .( not what is required to remain children of God )
Romans - Revelations
Books / scriptures written to Christians ,( those who have already become children of God ) .These scriptures praise ,admonish and rebuke Christians in order to tell us what God requires in order to have a hope of receiving the gift of His WONDERFUL GRACE to hsve a home in Heaven with HIM and JESUS for ETERNITY.
This is why it is so very important for EVERYONE to read and STUDY for yourself . Listening to what others have to say is good BUT do not take ANYONES word to be the truth with out studying for yourself and putting everything in the right context .
Many add words to the Scriptures to allow their beliefs to work .
Some of the words are ,representative baptism ,beleivers baptism ,faith only ,beleivers prayer ,sinners prayer ,etc .anytime someone adds words to what the Holy Spirit had written ,DO NOT follow their so called doctrines.
Only you are responsible for what you believe, you will not be able to get by ,by saying to God ,well my pastor told me .
Sorry for the long post .
Again thanks Major for helping me be able to point out these EXTREMELY important points.

Romans 10:9-10
"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Acts 22:16
"And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’

It cannot be intended that the external rite of baptism was sufficient to make the soul pure, but that it was an ordinance divinely appointed as expressive of the washing away of sins, or of purifying the heart just as was circumcision. IF water baptism is necessary then it replaces the washing of the spirit in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

"Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

REPENT must be the 1st step in salvation, THEN just as Luke writes we get baptized.
Repentance is the second thing .
First we must believe in God and that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God .
We also must confess that we believe that Jesus is the Son of God , but I have NEVER seen anyone who believed that Jesus was the Son of God , that had not already confessed that Jesus was the Son of God .
And then yes you are right , Acts 2:38 be baptized for the remission of our sins.

Romans - Revelations
Books / scriptures written to Christians ,( those who have already become children of God ) .These scriptures praise ,admonish and rebuke Christians in order to tell us what God requires in order to have a hope of receiving the gift of His WONDERFUL GRACE to hsve a home in Heaven with HIM and JESUS for ETERNITY.

Acts 10:43
He is the one all the prophets testified about, saying that everyone who believes in him will have their sins forgiven through his name.

Acts 16:30-31
Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.”

Romans 10:9-10
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

One is saved by God's great grace through the activation of one's faith! This is born out in the story of the Ethiopian Eunuch with Philip. The eunuch was saved by proclaiming His belief in Jesus Christ, and then submitted to baptism.

Acts 8:36-38
36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?”

37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him.

We are to submit to water baptism in order to identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ---BECAUSE our sins have already been washed away by the blood of Jesus upon our expression of faith in Him.

Staff Notice
I strongly advise that all participating members find a civil discussion format once again. I think this thread is getting very close to closure as I feel all has been discussed, however I am going to let this run for now.
Anymore sarcastic comments I see will result in this thread closure; I will not hesitate.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Staff Notice
I strongly advise that all participating members find a civil discussion format once again. I think this thread is getting very close to closure as I feel all has been discussed, however I am going to let this run for now.
Anymore sarcastic comments I see will result in this thread closure; I will not hesitate.

Thank you for your cooperation.
If I am the one who is making the sarcastic remarks ,please point them out so that I can apologize .
I believe that this subject is to important for anyone to cause this thread to be closed.

Thank you Major for helping me get to a very important subject.
The first thing that we must do ,is to beleive in God and beleive that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God .
( I may have been wrong to think that the readers of this forum ,were believers, and I am very sorry for thinking that everyone on this forum believed in God and Jesus )
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing,and hearing the word of God .
We must repent of our sins and be baptized for the remission of our sins .
Again thank you Major for giving me this opportunity to add these extremely important actions required by God .
While we have this opportunity to look at important aspects of God's will.
Many do not rightly divid the scriptures.
Matthew, Mark , Luke and John are to show Jesus Christ as the Messiah , let us see how Christ taught His Apostles, and to show the GREAT LOVE and GREAT SACRIFICE that God the Father and Jesus God the Son has for us ,allowing Jesus to be crucified ,shed His precious blood ,die ,be buried and rise the third day to sit a God's right hand .( if it was not for Jesus' blood we would have no way to have our sins forgiven )
Acts -
The book of acts ,pointing out what we are required by God ,to become children of God .( not what is required to remain children of God )
Romans - Revelations
This is why it is so very important for EVERYONE to read and STUDY for yourself . Listening to what others have to say is good BUT do not take ANYONES word to be the truth with out studying for yourself and putting everything in the right context .
Many add words to the Scriptures to allow their beliefs to work .
Some of the words are ,representative baptism ,beleivers baptism ,faith only ,beleivers prayer ,sinners prayer ,etc .anytime someone adds words to what the Holy Spirit had written ,DO NOT follow their so called doctrines.
Only you are responsible for what you believe, you will not be able to get by ,by saying to God ,well my pastor told me .
Sorry for the long post .
Again thanks Major for helping me be able to point out these EXTREMELY important points.
I want to thank my wife for pointing out that when I posted ( I may have been wrong to think that the readers of this forum , "were believers " should have read ( already believed ) and am very sorry " for thinking " should have read ( I did not consider "that everyone on this forum believed in God and Jesus. Please forgive me .

I want to thank my wife for pointing out that when I posted ( I may have been wrong to think that the readers of this forum , "were believers " should have read ( already believed ) and am very sorry " for thinking " should have read ( I did not consider "that everyone on this forum believed in God and Jesus. Please forgive me .
This was the post I was referring to.
God bless you Truth; we all do typos...even me. :rolleyes:

I guess that begs the question, do you consider anyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs to be a non-believer or do you understand that not all believers will believe as you do?

Repentance is the second thing .
First we must believe in God and that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God .
I agree repentance is the second thing. But you have said that the Holy Spirit's words are what they are and you can't add to them. Here is Acts 2:
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

Peter, by the HS says "Repent" first. Are you not adding to this? It doesn't say any of them confessed Jesus as Lord. How do you resolve this?

For anyone, v. 39 says the "promise" which I take as the promise of salvation. Any other thoughts on the "promise"?

I guess that begs the question, do you consider anyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs to be a non-believer or do you understand that not all believers will believe as you do?
No , there are many faiths / beliefs .
I do believe that not all believers will enter heaven .
That is why we study ,show and teach believers who have not obeyed the will of God .
I do not believe ,that just to believe is enough.

I agree repentance is the second thing. But you have said that the Holy Spirit's words are what they are and you can't add to them. Here is Acts 2:
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

Peter, by the HS says "Repent" first. Are you not adding to this? It doesn't say any of them confessed Jesus as Lord. How do you resolve this?

For anyone, v. 39 says the "promise" which I take as the promise of salvation. Any other thoughts on the "promise"?
I would say that ,if they had not believed that they would not have asked Peter ,what shall we do . I do not think that anyone would ask what to do if they did not believe .

That is why we study ,show and teach believers who have not obeyed the will of God .

I cannot say that I "study" the scriptures. I was never one for studying anything to be honest. I do however read them and have read through the Bible once and have read many of the books of the Bible more than several times. Starting on July 1 of this year I will be a two year Bible reading plan in my Lutheran Study Bible. I will add a few more readings to it such as a chapter in Psalms, Proverbs, the New Testament starting with John and then onto Matthew and straight through the New Testament, as well as a chapter in the Apocrypha each day.

I am also not a teacher, Lord knows that I am not a teacher. There are people far more qualified than I to teach others. I will have my hands full with my two children as they get older. Right now they are 2 1/2 years and 4 months. I do have five other children, but they are 1200 miles away and their mother doesn't want me to tell them anything about Jesus. I do not need to go to war with my ex-girlfriend, so I abide by her decision in the matter.

I cannot say that I "study" the scriptures. I was never one for studying anything to be honest. I do however read them and have read through the Bible once and have read many of the books of the Bible more than several times. Starting on July 1 of this year I will be a two year Bible reading plan in my Lutheran Study Bible. I will add a few more readings to it such as a chapter in Psalms, Proverbs, the New Testament starting with John and then onto Matthew and straight through the New Testament, as well as a chapter in the Apocrypha each day.

I am also not a teacher, Lord knows that I am not a teacher. There are people far more qualified than I to teach others. I will have my hands full with my two children as they get older. Right now they are 2 1/2 years and 4 months. I do have five other children, but they are 1200 miles away and their mother doesn't want me to tell them anything about Jesus. I do not need to go to war with my ex-girlfriend, so I abide by her decision in the matter.
I am not a teacher, I read and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance and wisdom to understand God's will. All studying is. Reading God's word and when you find a passage that puts you in mind of a passage you have already read on that subject ,go back and compare their context. Anytime that you point out any of God's word to someone you are teaching.
You will learn to show God's will by your actions . Speaking is not the only way we teach God's will / word.
Keep up your studies ,
Remember that you can ask questions about God's word ,but you and only you can please God by doing His will .

If one is a BELIEVER, one is a citizen of heaven already. You cannot lose heaven by being disobedient in some thing---and anyone who suggests such a thing is governed by a works for salvation mindset, which counters the true gospel message of Jesus Christ.

I would say that ,if they had not believed that they would not have asked Peter ,what shall we do . I do not think that anyone would ask what to do if they did not believe .
Are you saying we must use other scripture to "read into" and understand what, "What shall we do?", actually means and infers? In the context, the only clue as to the attitude of those asking the question is that they were "cut to the heart". I understand that to be remorseful or guilt-ridden but not confessing Jesus as their Lord. Does the new believer need to say, confess or profess Jesus as the Son of God and their Savior?

Back