Is smoking against god?

if Gods against smoking i also think he,s against all chemicals on food crops,perservatives ,aftershave deoderant ,welding fumes ,burning fumes ,car admissions,lipstick ,eye blusher,you name it God must be against it.but in this world at the moment it,s just smoking .how mad is this im a welder ,i can kill myself with more poisonous gases in a work shop,but have to go outside for a cig.perfect madness,from a mad world.

It is for God to judge, and the Spirit to direct your heart and convictions. It is for me only to love, and share the love that God has given me.

It is for God to judge, and the Spirit to direct your heart and convictions. It is for me only to love, and share the love that God has given me.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

istockphoto_265079_rawkfist_web_hand.jpg

One of the forums youngest members once shared this" smoking not only hurts you but you hurt other people as well and I don't think God would like that"- out of the mouths of babes sometimes comes wisdom that is hard to refute!:eek:

That's a really good quote from an obviously wise person! Makes a person wonder if smoking in solitude is any better?

Why are you quitting in 2 Weeks !?

Quit now !

In Jesus' name, I command your addiction to smoking to be broken !

no kidding. Thats like me saying 'Im going to cut the lawn this week' but I never did it. Its not good to procastinate ;)
The longer you take to do something, its more likely you wont get around to it and it gets harder to do.

Pray- let God be your stength and walk away-:D

A little lady from the Israely military ( born again) sang a song at church once , I can only remember part of it but it went like this:

Walk by faith,
Walk by faith,
Walk by faith and not by sight,
Walk by faith,
Walk by faith,
In the power of His might,

i guess God dislikes cigs,got nic in it.gives CAncer.i smoke ,boredom really because of nic boy.but i believe God .no poisons,control i.:jesus-sign:

Just like tattoos... I doubt you'll go to Hell for smoking either... :p

I mean, if you choose not to smoke, but eat junk food you're putting yourself at risk of health problems either way.

This body is temporary anyway... I mean really, unless you're causing someone close to you to have to inhale your secondhand... what's the big deal?

I could use the same argument that god is against Smoking to say he is against Caffeine, Sugar and Panadol. All are addictive, all have a (Not always positive) affect on our bodies.

I Corinthians 6:19 - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Jag

Man is not defiled by what enters into his mouth, but what comes out, this defiles the man.

Having said that, we should try and take care of the body God gave us. I would put smoking in the same category as eating junk food, not exercising, drinking excessively or any unhealthy habit.

Why are you quitting in 2 Weeks !?

Quit now !

In Jesus' name, I command your addiction to smoking to be broken !

i agree.. in 2 weeks its going to be harder then it is now.. then you'll be saying next weekend ill quit.. and so on.. surrender it. it gets harder before it gets better but its worth it in the end. trust me. TRUST HIM!

Smoking is one of those things which is never directly addressed in scripture. C.H. Spurgeon who was a great man of God, smoked cigars. When confronted with things that we think may or may not be sin---the best option is to err on the side of caution. Smoking is one of those acts where we don't need a biblical reason to quit. Health concerns are enough. If our bodies are the temple of the Lord, then smoking really doesn't glorify God. I too still smoke, but wrestle with quitting very frequently. We must quit eventually and err on the side of safety. I cannot state whether or not it is sin, but the best option is to try and quit and look at it as if it is.

God Bless You

Back