Is There A Handbook?

Huntingteckel

Inactive
Obviously the Bible is our handbook for evangelism, but are there any good reference handbooks with a list of answers to questions unbelievers have when we are telling them about Christ? I know that the Holy Spirit tells us what to say in times of need, but I am often lead to specific verses that I have a difficult time finding, or I'm having trouble wording my responses.

I remember seeing something like this in a book store once and now I can't find it.

Obviously the Bible is our handbook for evangelism, but are there any good reference handbooks with a list of answers to questions unbelievers have when we are telling them about Christ? I know that the Holy Spirit tells us what to say in times of need, but I am often lead to specific verses that I have a difficult time finding, or I'm having trouble wording my responses.

I remember seeing something like this in a book store once and now I can't find it.
Are you looking for some simple booklet or systematic theology kind of books? If its a simple booklet, then I there are many.. I have seen many at Family Christian store :)

Do you have one? I always think of pulling the trigger! But then I start feeling like I am not even spending time with Bible.. Why get another book which I will never get to! I like Wayne Grudem..

I read it and then gave it away. Wayne is a good writer. I do agree that we really only need the bible and the Holy Spirit to answer any questions in regards to the gospel.

I was looking for more of a quick reference book. I looked at my local Christian book store (Lifeway) and didn't see anything like what I was looking for. I really don't like Lifeway. They never seem to have what I'm looking for.

I was looking for more of a quick reference book. I looked at my local Christian book store (Lifeway) and didn't see anything like what I was looking for. I really don't like Lifeway. They never seem to have what I'm looking for.
You would be able to find some online.. But I have never read any of them.. So can't say how good they would be! I think you would be better of getting some smaller booklets as you might need plenty :)

Check out crossexamined.org. There's an app for questions and answers. I browse through it in my spare time so I'm not reaching for my phone when an opportunity arises.

I've never heard of Cross Examined. Looks good.

I do have Got Questions on my phone. I like it for the most part, although I don't agree with certain teachings on there.

I don't know is a good answer and Jesus often did not answer the question but continued on in what he was talking about.

Even if you can quote hundreds of scripture like myself, You find that people are often not ready to hear their answer. Scripture calls this being ready for a Word in Season and out of Season.

Also it's wise to avoid foolish questions like....... "why does God let Children die horribly, if He is such a Good God?" Even if you gave them the several scriptures that explain this, they most likely are really saying that they don't care what God thinks and they think better than God.

Blessings.

I don't know is a good answer and Jesus often did not answer the question but continued on in what he was talking about.

Even if you can quote hundreds of scripture like myself, You find that people are often not ready to hear their answer. Scripture calls this being ready for a Word in Season and out of Season.

Also it's wise to avoid foolish questions like....... "why does God let Children die horribly, if He is such a Good God?" Even if you gave them the several scriptures that explain this, they most likely are really saying that they don't care what God thinks and they think better than God.

Blessings.
Yeah, I definitely have no problem saying that I don't know something. I'd rather say I don't know than fumble around trying to answer a question I know I don't know the answer to. That being said, if there was a way to memorize the entire Bible then I would definitely try. I want to know everything that I can know in my lifetime.

Joh 16:4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Mat 10:19
But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Because I don't always have my handy e-sword or a bible near by, I have focused on these scriptures to get help when it comes to helping someone else. Since Jesus said that he will bring to our rememberance those things which He said, and the Holy Spirit is the teacher, I have never lacked confidence knowing what to say.

Now I have meditated on these verses over and over to save lots of time memorizing the whole word of God. Most of us have read the Word through at least once, and if not then never to late to get a plan to go through it all in a year.

But if you will have faith those things that you have heard, even things others posted on the forum, then it will be given to you when it's time to help someone else.

In other words, having faith in just those 3 scriptures, takes a whole lot of burden off you to cram everything in. Those things you know are those things God can use you to help, and if you had at least heard, it shall come back to you again.

You just got done battling in 27 some pages of hell thread. All those scripture you read, all those teachings. It's not like you don't have tons of stuff in your spirit already. It's in there, and the Holy Spirit will help grab it out of there for your head to use.

Blessings.

I agree, Michael. I've commented on how amazing that is on here once or twice. Still, I want to be armed to the teeth with the Word if I can be!

I'll give you two things that gave me what wisdom I have today. It was not study time either.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
(Joh 7:17)

Being sold out to God is number one, and the biggest reason so many are confused about scriptures. If God tells you to move, you move, if He ask you to sow all the money in your account, no problem. If God knows that no matter what he tells you, you will do. Then Jesus said I will manifest myself to you.

we have lots of believers, that are not sold out, would not even think of changing a Job if the Lord asked or staying at a job, skipping a higher paid one. Hence they stay confused.

Ephesian prayer:

I spoke this over myself 2 or 3 times a day for a few years.

Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
(Eph 1:16-21)

Those are the two things I did.

Try "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel.

Back